User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-11-2004, 06:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
To be honest, now that I have had time to digest what I saw, I have some serious reservations about it. Ther's no doubt that the poor man was murdered in a horrific manner, but I think the US has something to do with it. There are way too many things that don't make any sense in that video.
You mean you think the US staged it While I am a conspiracy theorist, I am unsure I can buy that one. But, I have not seen the video and do not intend to. So, I will go by your judgment.

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 05-11-2004, 06:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind
You mean you think the US staged it While I am a conspiracy theorist, I am unsure I can buy that one. But, I have not seen the video and do not intend to. So, I will go by your judgment.
I don't think they staged the killing, that happened for real. You could see it was real on the video. But I believe the US may have been involved somehow. There are a lot of things that don't add up. First of all, Berg was wearing an orange US-issue detainee jumpsuit. Now, we know that he was detained and probably wore one, but he was released quite awhile before he was murdered. And they don't release you to the streets wearing one of those, either. Second, the supposed al-Qaeds operatives are wearing tennis shoes. The men who are pinning the man down are WHITE. One look at their hands and there's no doubt about it. The men who are pinning him also act weirdly, like they're very fidgety and nervous. Then there's the fact that Berg shows no signs whatsoever of being afraid or nervous himself until the start to pin him down. It's as if he was sitting there with buddies. Another thing that weirded me out was that none of the men speak English when speaking to him, yet he tells the camera about his family and the like, as if on cue. Why would he just blurt all of that out unless he was told to? Anyways, it just doesn't add up in my mind. I don't know what to make of it.

Old 05-11-2004, 06:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
To be honest, now that I have had time to digest what I saw, I have some serious reservations about it. Ther's no doubt that the poor man was murdered in a horrific manner, but I think the US has something to do with it. There are way too many things that don't make any sense in that video.
You have GOT to be kidding me...

OK...I have officially lost respect for you!

There is absolutely NO evidence to back that up and that is complete "anti US" speculation. It is another example of the simple "radical liberal" tendancy to forgive and believe in the people who are against this country and oppose and berate any and all actions by this country. I am saddened beyond belief by this. Were some of our soldiers wrong in what they did to the Iraqi prisoners? Absolutely. Should they be punished??? Of course...throw the book at them.

Think, for a moment, if this was actually an Iraqi who was beheaded and the hooded figures were American soldiers. Can you imagine what the outrage would be in this country, and the world? At that point, I would agree that we need to reconsider our actions.

This is about as night and day an example of pure evil as you can get. I hope they find those bastards.

Rob

"The biggest conspiracy has always been the fact that there is no conspiracy. Nobody's out to get you. Nobody gives a sh*t whether you live or die. There, you feel better now? "

"(Sept. 11) was a big thing for me. I was saying to liberal America, "Well, what are you offering?" And they said, "Well, we're not going to protect you, and we want some more money." That didn't interest me."
- Dennis Miller
Old 05-11-2004, 06:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob67
You have GOT to be kidding me...

OK...I have officially lost respect for you!

There is absolutely NO evidence to back that up and that is complete "anti US" speculation.
Ah, but there is no evidence to back up the claim of our government that it is people from al-Qaeda who are doing it, either. Like I said, I don't know what happened, I just think there are a lot of weird details in that video that make no sense. And if you haven't seen the video, don't be so quit to shoot down what I see as inconsistencies. And it's not "anti US" to speculate on such things, either. It's okay to have HUGE differences in political opinion, it's another to question someones patriotism. With all the things I've said, never once did I do that. And I never will.

And, if you're wondering, I also believe that the first moon landing video with Armstrong is a phony, too.

Last edited by dissention; 05-11-2004 at 06:30 PM.. Reason: More thoughts!
Old 05-11-2004, 06:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Ah, but there is no evidence to back up the claim of our government that it is people from al-Qaeda who are doing it, either. Like I said, I don't know what happened, I just think there are a lot of weird details in that video that make no sense. And if you haven't seen the video, don't be so quit to shoot down what I see as inconsistencies.
I have seen the video and it looks consistent with the Pearl video from last year in terms of ritual. But...I don't claim to be an expert on video and I assume you aren't either. So, that is a wild theory that is a shot in the dark. Besides THEY CLAIM TO BE AL-QAEDA IN THE VIDEO!!!

Quote:
And, if you're wondering, I also believe that the first moon landing video with Armstrong is a phony, too.
At least the craziness is consistent.

Rob

"The biggest conspiracy has always been the fact that there is no conspiracy. Nobody's out to get you. Nobody gives a sh*t whether you live or die. There, you feel better now? "

"(Sept. 11) was a big thing for me. I was saying to liberal America, "Well, what are you offering?" And they said, "Well, we're not going to protect you, and we want some more money." That didn't interest me."
- Dennis Miller
Old 05-11-2004, 06:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I have seen the video and it looks consistent with the Pearl video from last year in terms of ritual. But...I don't claim to be an expert on video and I assume you aren't either. So, that is a wild theory that is a shot in the dark. Besides THEY CLAIM TO BE AL-QAEDA IN THE VIDEO!!!
They can claim to be al-Qaeda all they want, it has to be authenticated first. And it has nothing to do with being an expert on video, video has nothing to do with what I see as very odd details. I mean, don't you find it weird that even the audio is out of sync with the video?

Quote:
At least the craziness is consistent.
When all else fails, hurl the insults.

Old 05-11-2004, 06:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, I thought the moon thing was fake too, but I got over it after the second or third trip there!!!!!

Old 05-11-2004, 06:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well, I thought the moon thing was fake too, but I got over it after the second or third trip there!!!!!
Don't you mean your second or third trip to the bar.

Old 05-11-2004, 07:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Don't you mean your second or third trip to the bar.
Well, no - I was between new born (1966) and four during that time I mean we start warly in Louisiana, but even WE have our limits!!!!

Old 05-11-2004, 07:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well, no - I was between new born (1966) and four during that time I mean we start warly in Louisiana, but even WE have our limits!!!!
I see, so you didn't get whiskey rubbed on your gums as a baby like I did, eh?

Old 05-11-2004, 08:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I see, so you didn't get whiskey rubbed on your gums as a baby like I did, eh?
Actually, my mom could not nurse, so I had a large Arfican American wet nurse who always had some of her kid or kids nursing, who I am confidant drank bourbon while nursing!!! So . . . .

Old 05-11-2004, 09:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
They can claim to be al-Qaeda all they want, it has to be authenticated first. And it has nothing to do with being an expert on video, video has nothing to do with what I see as very odd details. I mean, don't you find it weird that even the audio is out of sync with the video?
I find it weird that your questioning the quality of a video tape used by terrorists to execute a non-military prisoner.

I would also think that we would be able to conclude that because the tape was aired by an outlet with ties to al-Qaeda then it's pretty likely that the tape is authentic and linked to them.

Quote:
When all else fails, hurl the insults.
I am just calling it as I see it. And, claiming that I am "hurling insults" is like the pot calling the kettle black, no? I am curious as to why your convinced that the US is behind every atrocity that happens around the world. Is it so hard to believe that there are bad people out there? I haven't once heard you take a stand for the US, the country that allows us all these freedoms of expression. What kinds of things do you like about the US? From everything I read you seem to hate this country and everything it has ever stood for. Why?

I am completely baffled by your stances.

If anything, this murder should open people's eyes to what we are dealing with...religious fanaticism at it's most extreme. You seem more worried about taking "God" off the dollar bill then you do about Muslim fundamentalism and the violence that has been openly perpetuated by it for decades.

The trend I see with liberal fantacism is that whatever is bad for the US, is good for them. I have plenty of discussions with liberal minded folks who are appalled by stances of the far left (the very vocal minority). My friend, Amy, who is quite liberal in her views has said that people like Michael Moore are the ones who shout the loudest and get the most airtime and they give regular liberal thinkers a bad name.

It's funny...fundamentalist Muslim countries tend to uphold all the values that liberals detest (no women's rights, religious persecution and fundamentalism, control of media and information, etc.) yet they would defend their beliefs over those in the free societies of the traditional "west". The very societies that allow for the freedom of discussion and disagreement. I am not saying you shouldn't have the right to feel the way you do...I just don't get the logic.

But...whatever, I digress.

Peace..

Rob

- Dennis Miller
Old 05-11-2004, 09:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I am just calling it as I see it. And, claiming that I am "hurling insults" is like the pot calling the kettle black, no? I am curious as to why your convinced that the US is behind every atrocity that happens around the world. Is it so hard to believe that there are bad people out there? I haven't once heard you take a stand for the US, the country that allows us all these freedoms of expression. What kinds of things do you like about the US? From everything I read you seem to hate this country and everything it has ever stood for. Why?

I am completely baffled by your stances.

If anything, this murder should open people's eyes to what we are dealing with...religious fanaticism at it's most extreme. You seem more worried about taking "God" off the dollar bill then you do about Muslim fundamentalism and the violence that has been openly perpetuated by it for decades.

The trend I see with liberal fantacism is that whatever is bad for the US, is good for them. I have plenty of discussions with liberal minded folks who are appalled by stances of the far left (the very vocal minority). My friend, Amy, who is quite liberal in her views has said that people like Michael Moore are the ones who shout the loudest and get the most airtime and they give regular liberal thinkers a bad name.

It's funny...fundamentalist Muslim countries tend to uphold all the values that liberals detest (no women's rights, religious persecution and fundamentalism, control of media and information, etc.) yet they would defend their beliefs over those in the free societies of the traditional "west". The very societies that allow for the freedom of discussion and disagreement. I am not saying you shouldn't have the right to feel the way you do...I just don't get the logic.

But...whatever, I digress.

Peace..

Rob
First of all, I am under no obligation to justify my stances for you, nor am I obligated to break down my patriotism for you. I find it rather insulting that you, on the basis that I am not a Republican and despise everything this administration stands for, have the balls to make like I do. There are many, many, many things I love about this country, which is why I'm so sad about the state of it at the moment. Why else would I so strongly advocate a better way of life in this country if this is the country that I supposedly dislike? This country stands for freedom, but unfortunately, our current government doesn't stand for freedom. They're for war, censorship, oppression, hate, poverty, and greed. Our country was not built on those things and it's a damned shame that this is how our great country has become. You seem to be confusing my disdain for this current government and the evil things they do with my feelings for this country. I can have great respect for the office of the President, but I can also have a great deal of disgust for the man in the office of the presidency. I can support our troops, but I can also disagree with what they're fighting for. You need to learn to differentiate, it doesn't seem to be your strong suit.

Secondly, I've never made a big deal over taking "God" off of the dollar bill. I suspect you simply used that tidbit to bolster your post.

Thirdly, you're obviously confusing "Democrats" with "liberal thinkers." Democrats are not necessarily liberal thinkers, that's a fact. Maybe you the reason you don't like liberals or Democrats is because you don't know the difference between them. Like I said, differentiating is not your strong suit.

Lastly, I'm not expecting you to "get my logic." You say you're baffled by mine and I'm totally baffled by yours. You support this unjust war, you support writing hate into the Constitution that you as a citizen should uphold, you support the degradation of our environment, you support poverty and hunger, you support blurring the lines between church and state, and you support big business. We're at totally different ends of the spectrum. I'm an extreme liberal and you're an extreme conservative (whether you choose to admit it or not, you come off that way). I make no bones about my beliefs, I don't censor myself, and I call it as I see it, much like you say you do. You have every right to disagree with my beliefs and you have every right to discard my beliefs by calling them "crazy" (which also says a lot about you), but you certainly have no right whatsoever to question how I feel about this country. It's not cool and no matter how heated the discussions have gotten around here, never have I done so to you or anyone else. You've shown your true colors, pal.

Old 05-11-2004, 09:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Actually, my mom could not nurse, so I had a large Arfican American wet nurse who always had some of her kid or kids nursing, who I am confidant drank bourbon while nursing!!! So . . . .

Old 05-11-2004, 10:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
First of all, I am under no obligation to justify my stances for you, nor am I obligated to break down my patriotism for you. I find it rather insulting that you, on the basis that I am not a Republican and despise everything this administration stands for, have the balls to make like I do. There are many, many, many things I love about this country, which is why I'm so sad about the state of it at the moment. Why else would I so strongly advocate a better way of life in this country if this is the country that I supposedly dislike? This country stands for freedom, but unfortunately, our current government doesn't stand for freedom. They're for war, censorship, oppression, hate, poverty, and greed. Our country was not built on those things and it's a damned shame that this is how our great country has become. You seem to be confusing my disdain for this current government and the evil things they do with my feelings for this country. I can have great respect for the office of the President, but I can also have a great deal of disgust for the man in the office of the presidency. I can support our troops, but I can also disagree with what they're fighting for. You need to learn to differentiate, it doesn't seem to be your strong suit.

Secondly, I've never made a big deal over taking "God" off of the dollar bill. I suspect you simply used that tidbit to bolster your post.

Thirdly, you're obviously confusing "Democrats" with "liberal thinkers." Democrats are not necessarily liberal thinkers, that's a fact. Maybe you the reason you don't like liberals or Democrats is because you don't know the difference between them. Like I said, differentiating is not your strong suit.

Lastly, I'm not expecting you to "get my logic." You say you're baffled by mine and I'm totally baffled by yours. You support this unjust war, you support writing hate into the Constitution that you as a citizen should uphold, you support the degradation of our environment, you support poverty and hunger, you support blurring the lines between church and state, and you support big business. We're at totally different ends of the spectrum. I'm an extreme liberal and you're an extreme conservative (whether you choose to admit it or not, you come off that way). I make no bones about my beliefs, I don't censor myself, and I call it as I see it, much like you say you do. You have every right to disagree with my beliefs and you have every right to discard my beliefs by calling them "crazy" (which also says a lot about you), but you certainly have no right whatsoever to question how I feel about this country. It's not cool and no matter how heated the discussions have gotten around here, never have I done so to you or anyone else. You've shown your true colors, pal.
That's the best post I've seen anywhere in quite some time! That's sheer poetry, right there!

Last edited by DeeGeMe; 05-11-2004 at 10:04 PM..