The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-20-2015, 12:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

well, what I don't get is the way the questions are filtered. With Richard, we sent questions directly to his tumblr, he and Stacy read and chose the questions to answer. In this case, people are sending questions... somewhere (I've never been clear)....but the questions are filtered by a third party (Joe/Welcome Chris it seems) and then passed along via email to Ken or Gary or whomever. Then their answers are emailed back to this third party and posted to the tumblr. Seemed like way too many obstacles between the questioner and the questionee. And if questions are mediated by the third party/welcome chris, and this person knew references to The Ledge were disallowed, seems like they could have removed those and frankly it wouldn't have changed the question or comment from the readers at all. It just felt like a roundabout way of making it seem affiliated with this site indirectly-- blame it on some anonymous questioner. A shame, really, because all these people seem willing to talk.
Old 08-20-2015, 03:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
It just felt like a roundabout way of making it seem affiliated with this site indirectly-- blame it on some anonymous questioner. A shame, really, because all these people seem willing to talk.
Precisely.

And I agree - it would be great to hear insight from some of these folks, for sure.
Old 08-20-2015, 04:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Michele my offer of $100.38 for The Ledge still stands.
Old 08-20-2015, 09:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorcerer999 View Post
http://kencaillat.tumblr.com/post/127092906997/the-ledge-thanks-you-for-participating-in-our-qa

I'm not trying to stir the pot anymore than it has been because I prefer to stay OUT of the drama, but I'm confused. Was Welcomechris banned for the actions of someone else, like his post here suggests?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
well, what I don't get is the way the questions are filtered. With Richard, we sent questions directly to his tumblr, he and Stacy read and chose the questions to answer. In this case, people are sending questions... somewhere (I've never been clear)....but the questions are filtered by a third party (Joe/Welcome Chris it seems) and then passed along via email to Ken or Gary or whomever. Then their answers are emailed back to this third party and posted to the tumblr. Seemed like way too many obstacles between the questioner and the questionee. And if questions are mediated by the third party/welcome chris, and this person knew references to The Ledge were disallowed, seems like they could have removed those and frankly it wouldn't have changed the question or comment from the readers at all. It just felt like a roundabout way of making it seem affiliated with this site indirectly-- blame it on some anonymous questioner. A shame, really, because all these people seem willing to talk.
Yep blame everyone but yourself...I have a tumblr (don't use it anymore but it's still there) so I'm calling BS on the "some anon posted it" excuse...The administrator (of the KC tumblr) has full control over what is posted and also what is deleted ( yes you can go back and delete posts/ questions if you no longer want them on your timeline)

My question is why did a person of Ken's stature in the industry agree to work with someone who randomly popped out of the internet woodwork? Who did Joe say he was? And yes the whole "Ask me a question and I'll Email the question to Ken and then when he emails me an answer I'll post it on my tumblr" thing is strange...This whole arrangement leaves a LOT of room for embellishment and as others have said some of his answers regarding LB are troublesome...

I guess it just seems like the "Ledge" community and in particular the people that put in a lot of work making this site what it is have been taken advantage of...
Old 08-20-2015, 09:57 AM

I'm totally clueless, what has happened here?
Old 08-20-2015, 09:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
Michele my offer of $100.38 for The Ledge still stands.
$50.19...I want half...
Old 08-20-2015, 10:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Its strange to me seeing Tumblr used for a Q&A session.I have a Tumblr account and use it for sharing photos and videos which I have not updated in ages.

Whats next.Photobucket or Pinterest.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 08-20-2015, 10:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
Its strange to me seeing Tumblr used for a Q&A session.I have a Tumblr account and use it for sharing photos and videos which I have not updated in ages.

Whats next.Photobucket or Pinterest.
Tumblr has an "Ask" feature (you have to go to your settings to enable it)

When someone "Asks" you something (on your tumblr) you receive a notification (like an email)

You answer it like an email EXCEPT that when you answer it it's like hitting "submit" here on the "Ledge" and it gets posted for all to see...

One interesting note is that if you log out of your tumblr you can ask your self a question (as "anonymous" ) and then log back in to your tumblr and answer it...
Old 08-20-2015, 11:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I think I can get $2000, guys.

I agree with everyone that Joe (Welcome Chris) has shown us how willing people are to speak. I wasn't thinking of Ken or Billy, since they have already given great Q & As, but I would love to do a Q & A with Bekka or John Courage or others, so I think maybe I will be more intrepid and start reaching out to people to get people on the actual Ledge to answer questions for us.

Michele
Old 08-20-2015, 12:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'd like to speak up in support of Welcomechris/Joe...
He's obviously a genuine (fanatical) fan and I really don't think he means any harm. I certainly don't think he's sought to make money from the Buckingham Nicks CD. I just don't think he quite gets it sometimes and to be honest I'm not sure he's the full ticket. It would be a shame if Welcomechris/Joe were banned permanently as he's a regular and enthusiastic contributor.

I've just noticed the message he's posted on the non-existent Russ Titelman tumblr. Even after the ban it seems he's still expressing links to The Ledge. Like I said, I'm not sure he really gets it.

Its a real shame as these Q&A's could have been really insightful if done properly. Possibly somebody should contact each of these people in an official capacity with a view to doing something properly in the future. As much as anything else, the sheer number of Q&A's that were set up is silly. It would be good to get one person on board at a time.

As you said Michele, JC would be great. Also, what about Chris Morris?
Old 08-20-2015, 12:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Its a real shame as these Q&A's could have been really insightful if done properly. Possibly somebody should contact each of these people in an official capacity with a view to doing something properly in the future. As much as anything else, the sheer number of Q&A's that were set up is silly. It would be good to get one person on board at a time.
If anyone here has any suggestions regarding Mac insiders who might be open to participating in an official Ledge Q&A, please let us know. We definitely agree it's time to bring back the Q&A's here. They've been so much fun in the past.
Old 08-20-2015, 01:03 PM

If I can say something, I've not been here for long but Welcomechris has always offered much to this forum and has been very available, if this has been his first and only transgression I wouldn't want him to be permanently banned either. From the little that I've seen he's only rash and pushy.
Old 08-20-2015, 01:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
I'd like to speak up in support of Welcomechris/Joe...
He's obviously a genuine (fanatical) fan and I really don't think he means any harm. I just don't think he quite gets it sometimes and to be honest I'm not sure he's the full ticket. It would be a shame if Welcomechris/Joe were banned permanently as he's a regular and enthusiastic contributor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
If I can say something, I've not been here for long but Welcomechris has always offered much to this forum and has been very available, if this has been his first and only transgression I wouldn't want him to be permanently banned either. From the little that I've seen he's only rash and pushy.
^^^ I agree, wholeheartedly with these above statements and would like add that none of us really know whether Joe was posting under "anonymous" or whether it was some clueless Ledgie posting who didn't know what was going on and maybe THOUGHT the Tumblr Q&A was affiliated with the Ledge.

Joe has certainly posted his fair share of "attention grabbing" threads and posted things that he still hasn't owned up to, even to this day(Moe Sizlack, etc) that many of us have found annoying. But more recently he has backed down from doing things like that and is basically harmless at this point. Give him another chance.
Old 08-20-2015, 02:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
While I will not discuss the specifics of why particular board members receive disciplinary actions, I will reiterate that we do not ban people following a first offense. A sustained pattern of rule breaking has to be present. Banning is always a last resort option, and Ledge members will always know if they have strikes against them. These strikes come in the form of warning private messages, and temporary suspensions as warranted. It is important to remember the moderation team also removes egregious material from the board- so bad behavior is often invisible to most Ledgies.
Old 08-20-2015, 03:15 PM

I understand. I'd never imagined that moderators remove offending posts.
Can I however ask if Welcomechris is being temporarily or permanently suspended?