User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-17-2016, 09:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emilybees View Post
Agreed - more love! I am new to posting here - so am wondering - where would I find the thread to post a fond memory of hearing my first Fleetwood Mac song? and all the beautiful first listens after?
Hahahaha.Welcome to the Ledge . You could start a new thread on first listens.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 01-17-2016, 09:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

When I see you again. I'm only picking from the Rumours era lineup. . Her voice during the Rock a little/ Tango era was so over the top and annoying.
Old 01-17-2016, 09:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I know its not a Mac tune.

I probably mention this on a similar thread that I always had to skip "Sometimes It A Beach " on her Timespace CD at work because I was trying to be nice with other co-workers and sometimes over my mothers house.I do enjoy the song anyway privately without offending anybody with the cursing.

I play all FM and its members tunes on their albums strait through.

Last edited by Macfanforever; 01-17-2016 at 09:16 PM..
Old 01-17-2016, 09:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
... and i won't be picking "the worst song" from any of the 3 writers, since i simply don't listen to the songs that i consider bad, and i think all 3 rumours-era mac songwriters probably have plenty of those.
Sometimes, it's hard to skip songs when they insist on playing them in concert. And sometimes, even when you think you've been spared and it's not going to be played in concert, they surprise you and drop OMH to stick Oh Daddy in there instead and you're like, "What?? I thought I dodged that bullet!"

Michele
Old 01-17-2016, 09:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Sometimes, it's hard to skip songs when they insist on playing them in concert. And sometimes, even when you think you've been spared and it's not going to be played in concert, they surprise you and drop OMH to stick Oh Daddy in there instead and you're like, "What?? I thought I dodged that bullet!"

Michele
ah, true. i'm so happy i dodged Sara on the last tour since it was only played during AUS/NZ leg. but i heard it way way more than enough during 2013 tour. i tried not to listen to it though - i'd chat, take pics of audience and arena behind me, or find some other way to occupy my time.

since so many people love that song though, i'm guessing it must not be as bad, boring, or dirge-y of a song as it sounds to me.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-17-2016, 10:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
ah, true. i'm so happy i dodged Sara on the last tour since it was only played during AUS/NZ leg. but i heard it way way more than enough during 2013 tour. i tried not to listen to it though - i'd chat, take pics of audience and arena behind me, or find some other way to occupy my time.

since so many people love that song though, i'm guessing it must not be as bad, boring, or dirge-y of a song as it sounds to me.

Oh elle, elle, elle............
Old 01-18-2016, 12:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I'm a Stevie fanatic, and I totally agree with you. Sara, live, is a snoozer. It just goes on, and on, and on, and never changes pace. It's like a droning awfulness.
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case
Old 01-18-2016, 12:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
I agree .Whats with all the negativity with these "WORST_Fill in the blank______ Mac Song" threads lately.

Wheres the love for our favorite band.
In truth, I only created this and the Lindsey "worst song" threads because I was tired of only seeing Christine get the brunt of the negativity. Since there's a worst song thread for her, I thought there should be one for each of the three songwriters.

In truth, I love much more of the music than not and, with a few very obvious exceptions, find them to be remarkably consistent in quality.
Old 01-18-2016, 01:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
In truth, I only created this and the Lindsey "worst song" threads because I was tired of only seeing Christine get the brunt of the negativity. Since there's a worst song thread for her, I thought there should be one for each of the three songwriters.

In truth, I love much more of the music than not and, with a few very obvious exceptions, find them to be remarkably consistent in quality.
Sorry it was no offense to you and others.I was just wondering what was up.Everybody has a right to make a opinions on their favorite and non favorite songs and notice more of it lately.

I did notice the Christine thread getting hammered with negative thoughts of her songs there too which I was very surprised.

My only gripe with this band is please play different setlists on their tours and not the same stale setlist every night.Other then that.I love them all.

Old 01-18-2016, 05:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

I take these threads with a grain of salt. We are all die hard fans but are each so different in our likes and dislikes. I don't see we are being negative but just engaging in conversation on a slow day on the board..
No one is more frustrated than me. I don't believe Christine has a bad Mac song and her thread is the longest
Old 01-18-2016, 08:25 AM
Senior Ledgie

Stevie's Klonopin era wasn't great. There were a lot of bad judgments. Unfortunately that's the era when I first started being aware of pop music, so my first impressions weren't great. Since I discovered the back catalog though I've been a fan.

I've always been biased toward Stevie and it took longer to warm to Christine. But I loved her on the last tour and realized how vital she is. Many of her songs charted very well for FM. I may not be crazy about all of her material but many others seem to like it and it's hard for me to believe she could write a truly bad song. I respect her a great deal. She plays beautiful keyboard and her smoother voice is a good counter balance to Stevie's tone.

As performers and artists, I think they all have their own individual strengths and weaknesses. But they balance each other and when together it's an interesting dynamic.
Old 01-18-2016, 08:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
I disagree about WTTRS being weak lyrically. It's actually a pretty literal and compelling telling of what went on with the intervention (which she always leaves out of her version of the story since) and trip to rehab... But I agree musically it's just a mess. The calypso-ish music just doesn't fit.
I used the wrong words. Its more of a journal entry than a song. While I appreciate her openness in the song....its more of a journal entry than a song. Its just impossible to sing those lines. Doing the best that I can is the perfect rehab song from Stevie. Its subtle and has a great chorus. Welcome to the room Sara is clever writing but does not transform into a song or anything that can be sung except the short chorus LOL I do believe with some time and maybe some help there could have been a better way to transform the lyrics into a better song.
Its not home
And its not Tara
Do I know you
Have I've been here before
This is a dream, right?

Of course it was a problem Frontine

Hard to put those lines into a workable song IMHO.
However, according to Mick's first book this was NOT Stevie's pick for Tango. She turned over What has rock n roll ever done for you but for some reason the Mac passed on the song. Too bad because I bet Lindsey could have tweeked that into perfection if he wanted. Plus Tango could have used another rocking song.
In any event, I am actually glad the song surfaced. But musically the song is horrible. When I first heard it , I was shocked that Lindsey was involved with such a crappy song musically. Then I heard the demo and its almost the same. My hunch is that Stevie's songs were last for Tango since she was on tour and in rehab. Not much time was spent on them and it shows.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 01-18-2016 at 08:53 AM..
Old 01-18-2016, 08:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I've been listening to SYW a lot recently, and I actually really LOVE Silver Girl. It has a few clunky lyrics, but the music is gorgeous and the chorus is pretty great. I also love WISYA, just because it's so revealing of where Stevie was at that moment in time.

Welcome to the room... Sara, on the other hand... Sigh. If only she'd swapped that for Joan of Arc!

I also really really really despise the SYW version of Smile At You. I can't get away with it at all. I've tried. Numerous times.

Old 01-18-2016, 10:51 AM
Registered

The Second Time or When I See You Again
Old 01-18-2016, 11:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Likewise. I like pretty much all of Fleetwood Mac's work, but there's always going to be songs that we like more or less than others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
I also really really really despise the SYW version of Smile At You. I can't get away with it at all. I've tried. Numerous times.
Oh gosh, yes, that one.
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case