User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-24-2018, 12:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Because her people support her no matter how horrible she becomes.

Stevie and Mick really screwed the pooch on this one. We all know it, but all can't admit it.
Yesterday everybody saw LINDSEY's video CONFIRMING intermingled tours and YET they're saying Stevie and Mick had nothing to do with his firing.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 04-24-2018, 01:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Yesterday everybody saw LINDSEY's video CONFIRMING intermingled tours and YET they're saying Stevie and Mick had nothing to do with his firing.
Well, like I said, they refuse to believe anything other than their queen farting glitter and rainbows.
Old 04-24-2018, 01:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I believe the video confirms the intermingled touring idea, which in turn pretty much confirms the disagreement between Lindsey and the rest of the band in allowing him to do it. As I mentioned before, allowing that would have been a bad business decision, pure and simple. I don't think it's any more complicated than that. They likely wouldn't allow Stevie or Christine to do it either. Business is business sometimes. It sucks, but it's a fact.

Jamie
Old 04-24-2018, 01:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmaletic View Post
I believe the video confirms the intermingled touring idea, which in turn pretty much confirms the disagreement between Lindsey and the rest of the band in allowing him to do it. As I mentioned before, allowing that would have been a bad business decision, pure and simple. I don't think it's any more complicated than that. They likely wouldn't allow Stevie or Christine to do it either. Business is business sometimes. It sucks, but it's a fact.

Jamie
Well, apparently it got more complicated than that.... or is Lindsey still in the band and nobody told me?
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 04-24-2018, 03:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Loling at peeps dropping in here with the same ole - “we know nothing “ bs and then lecturing everyone else.

Like i said elsewhere - lather, rinse, repeat.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-24-2018, 03:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
She was under contractual obligation to do that record, it was recorded very quickly, and it was a collection of old songs she found on YouTube. Stevie has nothing new to contribute anymore, as demonstrated by EP and 24KG, which is probably the real reason she avoided working with the band on a new album.
The contractual obligation was never really confirmed if I remember correctly. Yet it’s been accepted as a reason somehow by fans. “Where’s evidence? I wanna see that contract! Otherwise I’m not believing it!”

Sounds familiar?

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-24-2018, 05:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well I freely admit that I don't have the time or the energy to keep up with the huge volume of posts that have shown up each day since all this went down. (It also doesn't help that so many of them are completely devoid of substance or value, but that's another story.) So forgive me for needing to be caught up, but.....

Quote:
you don't fire someone just because you don't like that person doing two tours instead of just one. There has to be something more.
Is there any insight into the "something more"? If Lindsey simply wanted intermingled tours, and the band said no, then it's his prerogative to either relent or quit. I'm not understanding why the band had to take any action after denying his request.
Old 04-24-2018, 06:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
The contractual obligation was never really confirmed if I remember correctly. Yet it’s been accepted as a reason somehow by fans. “Where’s evidence? I wanna see that contract! Otherwise I’m not believing it!”
IIRC, Stevie said in interview that she owed the label an album.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 04-24-2018, 06:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeInNV View Post
Well I freely admit that I don't have the time or the energy to keep up with the huge volume of posts that have shown up each day since all this went down. (It also doesn't help that so many of them are completely devoid of substance or value, but that's another story.) So forgive me for needing to be caught up, but.....

Is there any insight into the "something more"? If Lindsey simply wanted intermingled tours, and the band said no, then it's his prerogative to either relent or quit. I'm not understanding why the band had to take any action after denying his request.
You're right, it should be that simple. It might have been in fact.

except persistent rumors from insiders who had proved trustworthy in the past and others have said that it became a p*ssing contest of some sort between stevie and lindsey. The specifics are a bit vague.

There's a suggestion that Lindsey may have told the band that they should hold off touring altogether until he could do what he wanted with his solo album/tour and then in 2 years FM could tour. This seems contradicted by video of Lindsey actually telling people he wanted to do the combined tour thing, release a best-of while touring, then release his new solo album after the Mac tour. Maybe he said it in jest... maybe he had some more detailed suggestion

Presumably in the course of that convo, re: waiting 2 years, Stevie said something along the lines of, 'hey, I'm not getting any younger, so you can tour with ME onboard NOW, or you can wait two years for Lindsey and tour with him at that time coz I won't be available then"

Mick checked with promoters who said they'd rather have Stevie/Mac now than Lindsey/Mac later.

Somewhere in there Stevie called Mike Campbell, and depending on who is talking something like either the band called Lindsey's bluff and he got mad and ended up walking out, or, the more persistent rumors are that he was "fired" and somehow the band said we've already replaced you so we are unilaterally ending negotiations. But who knows.

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 04-24-2018 at 06:52 PM..
Old 04-24-2018, 07:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't believe the 2 years BS for a second!
Old 04-24-2018, 08:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
You're right, it should be that simple. It might have been in fact.

except persistent rumors from insiders who had proved trustworthy in the past and others have said that it became a p*ssing contest of some sort between stevie and lindsey. The specifics are a bit vague.

There's a suggestion that Lindsey may have told the band that they should hold off touring altogether until he could do what he wanted with his solo album/tour and then in 2 years FM could tour. This seems contradicted by video of Lindsey actually telling people he wanted to do the combined tour thing, release a best-of while touring, then release his new solo album after the Mac tour. Maybe he said it in jest... maybe he had some more detailed suggestion

Presumably in the course of that convo, re: waiting 2 years, Stevie said something along the lines of, 'hey, I'm not getting any younger, so you can tour with ME onboard NOW, or you can wait two years for Lindsey and tour with him at that time coz I won't be available then"

Mick checked with promoters who said they'd rather have Stevie/Mac now than Lindsey/Mac later.

Somewhere in there Stevie called Mike Campbell, and depending on who is talking something like either the band called Lindsey's bluff and he got mad and ended up walking out, or, the more persistent rumors are that he was "fired" and somehow the band said we've already replaced you so we are unilaterally ending negotiations. But who knows.
Christine confirmed in the interviews when promoting Buckingham McVie that everyone had already signed off for the FM tour. So even if Lindsey had bizarrely suggested they wait 2 years-- which I really, REALLY doubt he would do because 1. He had already signed off 2. He's not that stupid to ask for TWO WHOLE YEARS 3. It makes zero sense 4. His album was probably already mostly finished since he had planned on releasing it this year-- he would know that he contractually would not be allowed to do that. I believe Ken's 'source' was probably misinformed or that the band is going to try to spin that angle.

Maybe he did try asking for a delay later in the year, but he's not dumb enough to think he could ask them to wait 2 whole years to tour and they would give it to him.
The video of Lindsey himself basically confirms what all other 'sources' previously said about him wanting to do solo things in between FM.
Old 04-24-2018, 08:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
I don't believe the 2 years BS for a second!
Agreed! He was always planning on an '18 tour with FM
Old 04-24-2018, 08:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
I think this happened. After him putting his foot down and them putting their foot down, things got ugly. I can imagine there were probably a lot of fights and ugly words thrown at each other (which was not helped by the already existing tensions over the BuckVie album), which caused Stevie to (if true) make that 'him or me' ultimatum that brought about the firing.

Obviously this is all speculation on my part, but based off all the little pieces we've gotten about what happened, I wholeheartedly believe that something along these lines happened.
Old 04-24-2018, 08:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonSister75 View Post
Hello to the broken record....

Ok, I have lots of things to do. Just wanted to add a few thoughts to the discussion
You know, I've never mentioned you.

You're welcome to do an entire list of things that I'm thinking...

Last edited by HomerMcvie; 04-24-2018 at 08:34 PM..
Old 04-24-2018, 08:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
IIRC, Stevie said in interview that she owed the label an album.
And many years ago it was reported she signed a 5-album deal with Reprise, and 24KG fulfilled it, after TISL, Crystal Visions, Live in Chicago, and IYD.