User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-10-2013, 02:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KindOfWoman90 View Post
^^ Love it! If I had free time right now I'd join in the pic fest.

Michele - Those articles are really interesting. Especially Mick saying how Lindsey would be happy with a pair of jeans, his car working, etc. It makes me think of the DR doc - I never really liked that conversation he had about Lindsey, saying that because he'd never have to worry about living in a one bedroom house, etc. (the whole double album argument) - I just found those two comments very different. I know they all have their moments, but there was something about how that was a conversation without Lindsey, Mick and I can't remember who the other guy was, sort of making fun of Linds, I don't like to see

I always thought it looked like it was Ray Lindsey...and often wondered how that played into him ultimately not working for Lindsey any more.
Old 01-10-2013, 02:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
I always thought it looked like it was Ray Lindsey...and often wondered how that played into him ultimately not working for Lindsey any more.
It was Ray Lindsey in that scene, but since Lindsey had a heavy hand in the editing of DR, I doubt that had anything to do with Ray's decision to eventually leave. I know they announced one of the SYW shows was his last, but if memory serves he actually reappeared and maybe even helped out at some UTS tour dates. I guess he may have been training his replacements.
Old 01-10-2013, 02:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
It was Ray Lindsey in that scene, but since Lindsey had a heavy hand in the editing of DR, I doubt that had anything to do with Ray's decision to eventually leave. I know they announced one of the SYW shows was his last, but if memory serves he actually reappeared and maybe even helped out at some UTS tour dates. I guess he may have been training his replacements.
Thanks CADreaming. I always wondered. Rock stars can be rather sensitive sometimes about loyalty and such so I hoped Ray wasn't bitten by the hidden cameras. That would seem unfair.
Old 01-10-2013, 02:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Ha, what about Ray and Karen sharing a moment in DR.

Yeah, I don't think Lindsey cared about Ray laughing at him, as long as Ray had been with him. One time when Lindsey went on a radio program, people who saw some video on the website thought they saw both Ray and Will with Lindsey at the studio. I didn't see it. But yeah, Ray has worked with Lindsey on one or two occasions since he officially stopped being his tech. I think he was on tour with him until Lindsey found a replacement and I was afraid the new guy would make Lindsey trip with the cords flopping around everywhere.

Michele
Old 01-10-2013, 02:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Thanks CADreaming. I always wondered. Rock stars can be rather sensitive sometimes about loyalty and such so I hoped Ray wasn't bitten by the hidden cameras. That would seem unfair.
Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Ha, what about Ray and Karen sharing a moment in DR.

Yeah, I don't think Lindsey cared about Ray laughing at him, as long as Ray had been with him. One time when Lindsey went on a radio program, people who saw some video on the website thought they saw both Ray and Will with Lindsey at the studio. I didn't see it. But yeah, Ray has worked with Lindsey on one or two occasions since he officially stopped being his tech. I think he was on tour with him until Lindsey found a replacement and I was afraid the new guy would make Lindsey trip with the cords flopping around everywhere.

Michele
And, then again - what was that curious statement Ken made about Ray saying he might write his own book just to "exorcise the demons"? So, who knows...
Old 01-10-2013, 02:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KindOfWoman90 View Post
^^ Love it! If I had free time right now I'd join in the pic fest.

Michele - Those articles are really interesting. Especially Mick saying how Lindsey would be happy with a pair of jeans, his car working, etc. It makes me think of the DR doc - I never really liked that conversation he had about Lindsey, saying that because he'd never have to worry about living in a one bedroom house, etc. (the whole double album argument) - I just found those two comments very different. I know they all have their moments, but there was something about how that was a conversation without Lindsey, Mick and I can't remember who the other guy was, sort of making fun of Linds, I don't like to see
And I think Stevie has said the same thing about Lindsey. Maybe she and Mick talked it over, about him not needing anything material. But that was before Lindsey had a family when Stevie said it.

I hate Karen talking about Lindsey on DR. Yeah, don't try to defend her you Karen fans. I know the "she was just doing her job" line. If she wants to tell Stevie that Lindsey didn't sign the contracts and have Stevie confront Lindsey alone, fine, but having her stick her nose into that made me furious. I'd rather one of Stevie's managers did it, not her bookbag carrying assistant. Go make some green tea, Karen.

People are pointing fingers at us . . .

Michele
Old 01-10-2013, 02:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Great Sara Hug appreciation here.

Last edited by CADreaming; 01-10-2013 at 03:06 PM..
Old 01-10-2013, 02:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
And, then again - what was that curious statement Ken made about Ray saying he might write his own book just to "exorcise the demons"? So, who knows...
Ha yeah. But I got the feeling Ken was saying Ray was going to write that book just because Lindsey was awful and angry for decades, not because Lindsey was mad over the DR smirking. Richard and Ray both support Ken and Christine told him she just LOVED the book, made her believe in love again or was that magic. Um music again, i guess.

Michele
Old 01-10-2013, 05:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
And I think Stevie has said the same thing about Lindsey. Maybe she and Mick talked it over, about him not needing anything material. But that was before Lindsey had a family when Stevie said it.

I hate Karen talking about Lindsey on DR. Yeah, don't try to defend her you Karen fans. I know the "she was just doing her job" line. If she wants to tell Stevie that Lindsey didn't sign the contracts and have Stevie confront Lindsey alone, fine, but having her stick her nose into that made me furious. I'd rather one of Stevie's managers did it, not her bookbag carrying assistant. Go make some green tea, Karen.

People are pointing fingers at us . . .

Michele
You know, I'm glad you said that, because I've watched this doc many a time and felt similar about that whole altercation. I understand that Karen has to schedule these things, so to a degree it's her business, but I don't like how she went about it. And to prove I'm not on one camp or the other I think Lindsey was instigating, whether consciously or not, about the tense/Bob Dylan issue - However, I think Karen was instigating as well. Everything seemed calm and then bringing this up gets Stevie all flustered - she looks so anxious as she pets Sulamith. Also, I don't think Lindsey would intentionally not sign something, etc. just to provoke or halt progress on the album. He said they were asking for things he couldn't provide, e.g. which songs would be on the album, and obviously at that point he couldn't do that. The only fault Lindsey made was being passive aggressive on the phone, but again he was instigated. Karen, why you make Mom and Dad fight?
Old 01-10-2013, 06:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

o_O
Old 01-10-2013, 06:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

And some more Sara hugs.

Old 01-10-2013, 08:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
And some more Sara hugs.
suit jacket!

can we post pics of LB hugging us?

(just kidding )

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-10-2013, 09:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Elle, Lindsey said that Say Goodbye was Asnavour meets Leo Kottke.

Michele
ha! i knew it!

see i'm not hearing things that are not there like you all were trying to convince me!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-10-2013, 09:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
ha! i knew it!

see i'm not hearing things that are not there like you all were trying to convince me!
Notice that Lindsey did not mention Frank Sinatra.....

Old 01-10-2013, 09:09 PM
Banned

Default DR Doc

"You know you should never believe what you read."

Or what you see or hear anymore....
All the talk about DR has made me go pull out my copy....
Got to say I loved the Stevie kitchen scene with the singing fish and the "burning trees" statement...

The DR talk also makes me think of all the miles of film that was taken and cut out.... So basically, we are seeing just bits and pieces and not entire situations as well as only hearing parts of conversations....

Sorry to butt in.
d,