Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2010, 08:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post

Sorry for the Southern slang. The taint is the area between your genitals and your @ss. It's called that because "it taint your balls and it taint your @ss"
Ohhhh....The perineum. I suppose it makes sense with the little phrase lol. I've heard the word before but I never had the nerve to ask. Just dismissed it as something dirtier than I'd like to know hehe.
Old 12-29-2010, 08:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
I used to have a townhouse condo just outside of Atlantic City. I originally bought it as a favor for a friend whose mother was having marriage problems... long story... But once she moved out, it was an ongoing series of drama. Repairs. Turnover. Fines from the condo board for broken rules. Late/non-existent rent payments, etc. Ugh. That sh*t's for the birds. And being 115 miles away didn't help matters either. Fortunately I sold it at the peak of the housing bubble! It was a pretty good investment that gave back 100%+ returns after less than six years, but I did something incredibly stupid to buy the place- I took out massive cash advances on my credit cards for the down payment and closing costs! Never will I do that again!
This is my worst nightmare. I still own a very cursed condo back in Charlotte which I'm currently renting out. We bought the stupid place at the height of the bubble because it was next to a massive mixed-use redevelopment (housing projects which were being torn down in a rapidly gentrifying area to be replaced by Whole Foods, condo towers, etc), and we thought we'd double our money in 5 years. Naturally when the economy went south, the redevelopment stalled, the developer went bankrupt, and now we have blight adjacent to our complex. On top of that, the complex we bought in was older and the units were being gutted and rebuilt from the inside out. So when the economy tumbled, multiple buildings were left completely gutted and open... more blight. We couldn't sell our condo now even if we took a substantial hit. Thankfully, so far, the tenant we have has caused us no problems. But with that condo's track record (floods, fires, thefts, insurance boondoggles, etc), I expect it any day now.

Back to money vs being a slave to it; my other half and I have quite an interesting potpourri of friends. We have best friends who make $15,000 a year, and we have good friends who make $15M a year... and everything in between. We seem to especially have a lot of attorney friends (everything from corporate lawyers to prosecutors). The one thing I can say about all of our friends who make six figures or more is that they work their @sses off. They truly earn every penny they make. But just like me, so many of them lost their jobs and their most of their portfolios in the recession. It just kinda says to me that no matter how hard you work, that you're just as susceptible to downfall as anyone else. And honestly, our friends who make more money just seem to have bigger bills: expensive home and vacation home mortgages, pricey car payments, spending for lavish vacations, food, furnishings, and clothing, etc. In my eyes, life is pretty complex and hectic (but beautiful and fun!), and I just prefer to keep things simple.
Old 12-29-2010, 08:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Springs View Post
Ohhhh....The perineum. I suppose it makes sense with the little phrase lol. I've heard the word before but I never had the nerve to ask. Just dismissed it as something dirtier than I'd like to know hehe.
Ugh... you make it sound so clinical.
Old 12-29-2010, 08:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Ugh... you make it sound so clinical.
Haha. Well technically it is. Reversing the table, it would be somewhat awkward if your Doctor started using slang terms for your body parts. If he starts referring to your Penis as a gigglestick or the "one eyes milkman", I'd suggest switching hehe.
Old 12-29-2010, 08:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Haha. Well technically it is. Reversing the table, it would be somewhat awkward if your Doctor started using slang terms for your body parts. If he starts referring to your Penis as a gigglestick or the "one eyes milkman", I'd suggest switching hehe.
I actually think it would be kind of refreshing to hear a doctor be real with a patient- instead of using all that high-falutin' medical mumbo-jumbo. Yes, we know you went to school to learn all them pricey words- you've got one 'em doctorin' degrees, don't ye? You're not treating a medical cadaver, so why not use terms that people can relate to?
Old 12-29-2010, 09:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Maybe I wanna be smooth as a hairless cat?

I have weird body hair. Like it doesn't know where to go. I've been accused of shaving my legs before, which I've never touched. They just hardly have any hair on them. My butt, too. Naturally smooth. Since you mentioned sack, that's smooth, too....and my armpits have very little.
I know what you mean by that. Below the belt, I'm pretty damned hairy. But above my waist? I got nothin! I would gladly trade my @ss, sack, and taint hair for some chest hair!
Old 12-29-2010, 09:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I actually think it would be kind of refreshing to hear a doctor be real with a patient- instead of using all that high-falutin' medical mumbo-jumbo. Yes, we know you went to school to learn all them pricey words- you've got one 'em doctorin' degrees, don't ye? You're not treating a medical cadaver, so why not use terms that people can relate to?
I don't know. I think it would freak me out to be treated by somebody who doesn't have the whole "package". There's something about the big words and the "posh" accent that is comforting. You go in for a procedure and they say "Don't worry sir/madam. We'll look after to you to our utmost ability" and you can't help but breathe a sigh of relief and think "Phew. The posh Tw.at will". It's less comforting when you hear a complete Chav (English rednecks ) attempt to explain a procedure to you. Something about that would set me on edge.
Old 12-29-2010, 09:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
This is my worst nightmare. I still own a very cursed condo back in Charlotte which I'm currently renting out. We bought the stupid place at the height of the bubble because it was next to a massive mixed-use redevelopment (housing projects which were being torn down in a rapidly gentrifying area to be replaced by Whole Foods, condo towers, etc), and we thought we'd double our money in 5 years. Naturally when the economy went south, the redevelopment stalled, the developer went bankrupt, and now we have blight adjacent to our complex. On top of that, the complex we bought in was older and the units were being gutted and rebuilt from the inside out. So when the economy tumbled, multiple buildings were left completely gutted and open... more blight. We couldn't sell our condo now even if we took a substantial hit. Thankfully, so far, the tenant we have has caused us no problems. But with that condo's track record (floods, fires, thefts, insurance boondoggles, etc), I expect it any day now.

Back to money vs being a slave to it; my other half and I have quite an interesting potpourri of friends. We have best friends who make $15,000 a year, and we have good friends who make $15M a year... and everything in between. We seem to especially have a lot of attorney friends (everything from corporate lawyers to prosecutors). The one thing I can say about all of our friends who make six figures or more is that they work their @sses off. They truly earn every penny they make. But just like me, so many of them lost their jobs and their most of their portfolios in the recession. It just kinda says to me that no matter how hard you work, that you're just as susceptible to downfall as anyone else. And honestly, our friends who make more money just seem to have bigger bills: expensive home and vacation home mortgages, pricey car payments, spending for lavish vacations, food, furnishings, and clothing, etc. In my eyes, life is pretty complex and hectic (but beautiful and fun!), and I just prefer to keep things simple.
As long as you're cash flow positive on the place, it's probably a good idea to keep it. I assume you're also devaluing the property for tax purposes? That is certainly a handy upside to owning rental property...

I am not trying to brag (believe me, I'm not...), but I think I make more than most of the people I've known. And as far as I know, I work the least hard! I suppose about ten years ago I was more of a Type-A go-getter. But age has really mellowed my ambition in that regard. I keep hoping I will once again magically get struck with the inspiration to climb higher, but I'm beginning to think there will be no second coming for me. The eye of the tiger has cataracts. I am grateful for what I have and I don't really want or need any more. I know that sounds kind of defeatist, but it is what it is...
Old 12-29-2010, 09:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I don't know. I think it would freak me out to be treated by somebody who doesn't have the whole "package". There's something about the big words and the "posh" accent that is comforting. You go in for a procedure and they say "Don't worry sir/madam. We'll look after to you to our utmost ability" and you can't help but breathe a sigh of relief and think "Phew. The posh Tw.at will". It's less comforting when you hear a complete Chav (English rednecks ) attempt to explain a procedure to you. Something about that would set me on edge.
I guess this is another one of those things where a happy medium suits me best. I've chosen everyone from my primary care physician to the crazy girl who cuts my hair for multiple reasons. I demand someone who is extremely intelligent and knows what the hell they're doing, but who doesn't take themselves too seriously either, and has a self-depreciating and disarming sense of humor.

For instance, my Dr is an extremely accomplished BRIGHT woman, but can make me laugh my @ss off while I'm sick with bronchitis by saying inappropriate things. Same with the woman who has cut my hair for a decade... she works in a high end salon and is simply the best at her price point, but she and I disruptively cackle and shriek the entire time she's cutting my hair.

Speaking of, it's so funny... people just seem to recognize instantly when they meet me that I'm fun and they don't have to censor themselves. I must just emanate it or something, because everyone from my doctor to servers have instantly been disarmed around me. I'll never forget going out to brunch one time, and the server just looked at my friends and I and said: "I can tell there's no offending y'all. So I have a question to ask you. Do you know the difference between jelly and jam?" My friends and I just kinda shrugged, and the server responded: "Umm, duhh... you can't jelly your c*ck up my @ss!" We all completely rolled on the floor laughing. I just adore unexpected inappropriateness, especially from random unknown people at breakfast! Some people would be appalled by gossiping doctors and risque servers, to me, it's the whipped cream of life!
Old 12-29-2010, 09:26 PM
Registered

Louielouie2000 wrote: My attitude towards money, careers, and success stems directly from my upbringing. My Father was a corporate climber who made it to the top, made quite a princely salary, but never had any time to enjoy the fruits of his labors. We're talking the man was in his office by 7am and didn't get home until 7pm... where he promptly had dinner, then went into his study to work until he went to bed at 11 or 12. He worked in his study and sometimes at his office throughout the weekends, too. My Dad lost decades of his life to that, and I've just never been interested in focusing my life on career climbing, trying to see how much money I can make, or how many baubles I can collect.

Louie, I know it's none of my business, so ignore if you want to: I suspect you might be talking about a stepfather? Many people consider their steps their actual fathers, especially if they were parented by them from a young age.
I ask this, because you once wrote your dad was murdered when you were about 8 years old and that he was a cocaine addict killed over a drug deal. I can only imagine how such a thing would impact a small child, and I am so sorry for your pain and congratulate you for being the fun-loving, happy man that you seem to be.
The man you described above sounds like a focused, career-driven man who provided brilliantly for his family, and he doesn't seem the type, at all, to lose it all to cocaine. Yet, it happens.
I'm hoping for you that the workaholic you described above was the main father figure for your childhood, and not the other man.
This thread is getting more interesting.
Thanks for the revelations!

Last edited by Nikolaj; 12-29-2010 at 10:19 PM.. Reason: timing
Old 12-29-2010, 09:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I am not trying to brag (believe me, I'm not...), but I think I make more than most of the people I've known. And as far as I know, I work the least hard! I suppose about ten years ago I was more of a Type-A go-getter. But age has really mellowed my ambition in that regard. I keep hoping I will once again magically get struck with the inspiration to climb higher, but I'm beginning to think there will be no second coming for me. The eye of the tiger has cataracts. I am grateful for what I have and I don't really want or need any more. I know that sounds kind of defeatist, but it is what it is...
I said it before, but I'll say it again. ^^^That's me. I could have written every single word that you did. It's kind of scary!
I've got everything I need. I want to enjoy my LIFE, now. F*ck trying to acheive billionaire status.
Old 12-29-2010, 09:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolaj View Post
Louie, I know it's none of my business, so ignore if you want to: I suspect you might be talking about a stepfather? Many people consider their steps their actual fathers, especially if they were parented by them from a young age.
I ask this, because you once wrote your dad was murdered when you were about 8 years old and that he was a cocaine addict killed over a drug deal. I can only imagine how such a thing would impact a small child, and I am so sorry for your pain and congratulate you for being the fun-loving, happy man that you seem to be.
The man you described above sounds like a focused, career-driven man who provided brilliantly for his family, and he doesn't seem the type, at all, to lose it all to cocaine. Yet, it happens.
I'm hoping for you that the workaholic you described above was the main father figure for your childhood, and not the other man.
Yes, that was my Stepfather who I was talking about . My coke-addled biological Father was totally out of the picture after the age of 4, so I consider my Stepfather to be my Father... he's raised me since I was 3. And my Stepfather is a very, very good man. He provided for our family extremely well, and is a very kind man who raised me as his own. He definitely regrets now being such a workaholic, and simply stopped being that way several years back when he realized the means weren't worth the ends.
Old 12-29-2010, 09:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I know what you mean by that. Below the belt, I'm pretty damned hairy. But above my waist? I got nothin! I would gladly trade my @ss, sack, and taint hair for some chest hair!
Haha, I'll get a big manila envelope filled, here in a bit!

I'm actually glad my legs and feet aren't hairy! My butt, too! We're really opposites...with the exception of pubes, I got nothin', hairwise, below the belt!
Old 12-29-2010, 10:19 PM
petep9000
This message has been deleted by petep9000.
Old 12-29-2010, 10:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by petep9000 View Post
I've noticed as I'm getting older that my legs are losing their hair! Especially the calves. I used to have pretty hair legs, and somehow it fell out, and I never shaved it. A few years back I was hiking with a friend in Utah, and he was behind me and asked me when I started shaving my legs. I was surprised he asked that, but he hadn't seen me in a few years and probably remembered my legs from when we were college roommates. I'm not terribly overweight, but I do carry an extra 20-30 lbs from time to time, so I wonder if maybe I my legs have bad circulation and the little capillaries that feed the hair follicles dried up.
My legs were never hairy. But I've had chest hair since I was about 16. I hate it. But yeah, I've been asked several times, if I shave my legs. Nope. I just noticed this evening(probably because we've been discussing it), that my leg skin is REALLY dry, this winter.

But I'd be happy with hair on my head, pits, and pubes, and that's it. god I'd love to never have to shave, ever again.
Old 12-29-2010, 10:36 PM
petep9000
This message has been deleted by petep9000.
Old 12-29-2010, 10:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by petep9000 View Post
My pubic hair grows crazy long. If I let it go, I can have strands almost three inches long, with no curl. So it looks like a Wookie. I clip it short with the buzzer.
Same thing with armpit hair, it's pin-straight and very long if I let it keep going. But my chest hair is sparse, and I can't grow a full beard. I have my mother's Norwegian genes for hair, I'm sure. Because my father (Sicilian ancestry) has thick, curly, wirey hair.

Where does penis length come from? From our father's genes only? I mean, our mother's had fathers too. Can I assume what I'm packing is the same as my father?
My pubes rarely grow long...every once in awhile, I'll notice ONE hair, that has gotten longer than the rest. But, I tend to trim them, every six weeks or so, so that doesn't really happen anymore.
My pits are like my legs. There's only a small amount. It's not long, or coarse.
Penis length? I have no idea! It's never even occurred to me, to think about where it came from! I'm adopted, so I can't really figure that out, anyway. Like every guy, I'd take more, if I could magically get it, but I'm happy with what I've got. I'd say, slightly above average. I've never had any complaints!
Closed Thread