Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-07-2010, 11:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

::: Sep 07, 2010

Ren Riz is a young producer out of down under (specifically Melbourne) who’s making a fun mash of sounds — you’ll encounter flavors of house, space disco, funk, electro, french touch and a bunch of other genres called upon for his edits. All together, it’s a cornucopia that has the Kunkers feet on tap mode.

Part of his appeal is obviously related to his production abilities, however we’re also believers in good song selection. The fact that he did a vamped-up version of Stevie Nicks’ Stand Back got immediate bonus points. We’re sharing that track below, as well as an original called Days Fly By, which is a still-in-progress track but one that is already a dancefloor mover. Looking forward for more from Mr. Riz.

http://www.mykunk.com/2010/09/ren-riz/
Old 09-08-2010, 08:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Song Lyric Homework Example | PDF Free Books Download
By You Save Vid
Miss Gum's Song Lyric Homework Example “Landslide,” by Stevie Nicks is one of the most well respected works of art in musical history. The song has deeply.
Free Books Download - http://www.yousavevid.com/
Old 09-08-2010, 08:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Kenny Edwards, an original member of the Stone Poneys country-rock band and longtime collaborator with singer-songwriters Linda Ronstadt and Karla Bonoff, has died Aug. 18, 2010, in California at age 64.
The Los Angeles Times reports Edwards was hospitalized earlier in August in Denver after collapsing while on tour with Bonoff. He was airlifted to a hospital near his home in Santa Barbara where he died.

Edwards was born Feb. 10, 1946, in Santa Barbara, Calif., according to his biography at allmusic.com. After the Stone Poneys disbanded after their 1967 breakthrough hit “Different Drum,” Edwards formed the folk-rock band Bryndle with singer-songwriter Wendy Waldman, Bonoff and Andrew Gold.

Edwards also was a supporting guitarist and singer for Stevie Nicks, Don Henley, Brian Wilson, Art Garfunkel, Vince Gill and others. In addition to playing bass and guitar, Edwards also worked as a record producer, studio musician and vocalist, and he earned credits for writing and scoring films and teleplays, including “Miami Vice,” according to allmusic.com

http://www.goldminemag.com/news/obit...september-2010
Old 09-09-2010, 08:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Rhianna was wearing her Slutty Stevie Nicks Halloween costume, but even that monstrosity couldn’t obscure the fact that she’s gorgeous, even if she likes to pose like plants. Also, congrats to Rhianna for having this season’s first blurred out cooch shot! Way to go, Rhianna. Someone in the cooch-blurring department at the CW just kept his or her job for another week.

http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/09/09/am...-15-episode-1/
Old 09-09-2010, 08:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Girl Named Bong: SONG OF THE DAY: Fleetwood Mac - Silver Springs
By Binger
SONG OF THE DAY: Fleetwood Mac - Silver Springs. After watching Kate Hudson bust out a few lines of Silver Springs on The Rachel Zoe Project, Beej decided that is her goal, to be able to sing like Kate. ...
A Girl Named Bong - http://agirlnamedbong.blogspot.com/
Old 09-10-2010, 12:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Here's an excerpt from a poorly worded real estate ad:

http://www.raestate.com/2010/09/09/a...ley-area-real/

Paradise Valley, if you move, you will be in prestigious company. After all, the city that are so colorful personalities such as Muhammad Ali, Randy Johnson, Mike Tyson, Stevie Nicks, and Leslie Nielsen. Relocation services are available. You can choose to come to the city prior to the visit and an insight into the quiet atmosphere. Why not communicate now with Paradise Valley real estate agent? You will find the dream home you have been looking for.
Old 09-10-2010, 12:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Here's an excerpt from a poorly worded real estate ad:

http://www.raestate.com/2010/09/09/a...ley-area-real/

Paradise Valley, if you move, you will be in prestigious company. After all, the city that are so colorful personalities such as Muhammad Ali, Randy Johnson, Mike Tyson, Stevie Nicks, and Leslie Nielsen. Relocation services are available. You can choose to come to the city prior to the visit and an insight into the quiet atmosphere. Why not communicate now with Paradise Valley real estate agent? You will find the dream home you have been looking for.
Stevie no longer lives there so they are deceiving the unsuspecting public.
Old 09-12-2010, 10:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Sunday, September 12, 2010
The Music of Janis Joplin & Stevie Nicks Comes Alive

The music of legendary singers Janis Joplin and Stevie Nicks come together in "One Diva, One Legend, One Woman." A show presented by Jody Joseph, who is actually the first cousin of rock superstar Jon Bon Jovi. Jody presents the influences of these two female icons in the world of rock music as well as some of her own original songs.

Jody Joseph portrays the likes and sounds of Janis Joplin's 60's blues rock and the 70's fashion and musical hits of Steve Nicks. Joseph puts her heart and soul into these performances as they represent two of her biggest influences in life. This one-time performance will take place on September 25 at the Brookdale Community College Theater in Lincroft, NJ. A portion of the proceeds from this event will be donated to Mary's Place By The Sea foundation.

For more information, please check out Jody's website www.jodyjoseph.net. Tickets are very limited. Check out a preview of Jody performing Janis Joplin's Ball and Chain.

http://jpsmusicblog.blogspot.com/201...vie-nicks.html
Old 09-12-2010, 10:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

GOAC.com: Goparty - Recent celebrity sightings in Atlantic City ...
Last Thursday, Stevie Nicks dined at Bobby Flay Steak before appearing at Borgata the following night. On Friday, rocker Sammy Hagar, who opened for ...
http://www.goac.com/.../article_8959...f-9eba-001cc4c...
Old 09-13-2010, 12:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Rolling Stone Magazine: Stevie Nicks about her new album with Dave ...
In the latest edition of the US Rolling Stone magazine Stevie Nicks talks about some of the songs on her upcoming new album and her collaboration on it ...
http://ethrill.net/2010/09/07/rollin...-dave-stewart/
Old 09-14-2010, 05:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

A tambourine is played while dancing, it has been used in worship for many centuries, it has been played in Europe and its colonies for centuries, and it’s bright, loud and fun. Did I mention the fact that it can have colourful streamers attached? Combined with the fact that a tambourine also just happens to be one of the easiest instruments to play and that my favourite genre of music is good old Rock n’ Roll, a genre that often features the tambourine. I grew up listening to Stevie Nicks!

It turns out that the tambourine, and other drums like it, has a very long and interesting history. It has a deeper spiritual significance than you might think while singing along to a Stevie Nicks album too. This will be the first post following my research into the story of the tambourine and learning to play the damned thing without making an ass of myself.

http://walkingthehedge.net/blog/2010...ambourine-man/
Old 09-14-2010, 05:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Turning slightly, I look down at my 2 ½ year old and swat her bottom playfully.

“Scoot up on the couch, my little Jasmine-Flower, and I’ll read our chapter now.”
Betsy scurries to the couch and clambers up, ready for the nightly installment of Little House on the Prairie. The tea kettle is whistling, and I pour the boiling water over my green tea and her chamomile. I take mine naked, nothing added. For Betsy, I add a bit of sugar and some milk. This tasty concoction is a favorite part of the bedtime ritual. Teacups in hand, I walk back into the living room, where I find Betsy looking lovingly at the poster of Stevie Nicks in her red dress.

“When I grow up, Mommy, I want to have a dress like that.” I laugh and say, “Honey, when I grow up, I want to look like that!”

We giggle together, two girls understanding one another completely. Sipping our tea, we settle into the story.

Setting aside the book, I walk to the stereo and change the CD to ocean sounds. Taking my baby up into my arms, I carry her to bed. I tuck her in, praying silently that tonight she won’t have one of those night-terrors she’s been having lately. They are so terrifying – I can’t help but wonder if she really sees something behind me that I cannot see, when she stands before me open eyed, screaming, staring beyond my shoulder. Hopefully not tonight, I think, and kiss her on the
forehead.

“Goodnight, my little babushka,” I say, “sweet dreams!” and she smiles, whispering, “Sweet dreams when you go to bed, Mommy.”

I stop a moment, my hand on the doorknob. Looking back at my grown daughter, I tell her good night one more time before closing the door. I think that it’s only a short while now before she’s no longer in this room. After all, she just graduated from college and is preparing for graduate school. I look around the room, at Betsy’s collection of pirate regalia, mystical candles and incense, the drawing of David Bowie in Labyrinth that she drew on the wall this past year. On the bottom shelf of her
bookcase, I see the entire collection of Little House books, next to the Anne Rice and J.R.R. Tolkien. Lying on the floor is the art pad she ordered so she could illustrate her own poetry. On a hangar on the
side of her bookcase is a gossamer “hippie” skirt. I smile, and glance back at this beautiful young woman who has clothing like Stevies’ and writes poetry so much better than mine. Getting ready to crawl into
bed for the night, Betsy is setting up her sleeping music. As I close the door, I hear Stevie Nicks’ voice….”….you are the poet in my heart…”

“Sweet dreams, Betsy,” I say. She is in bed now. “Sweet dreams when you go to bed, Mommy.”

http://flexwriterblogsonline.net/Storytellers/?p=22
Old 09-15-2010, 08:28 AM
Registered

Fatshionista.com - "Friday Playlist: I'm a few years older than you"

"7. “Edge of Seventeen” // Stevie Nicks. I have a lifelong fascination with Stevie Nicks; I remember finding Rumours amongst the vinyl in my childhood home and being mesmerized just by the cover photo. Nicks sort of encapsulated a perfect mixture of badassery-in-elaborate-dresses for me. “Edge of Seventeen” is a classic."

All the same, baby. All the same.

"You never know what I'll do. I've resequenced my show. I'm a master at sequencing. I'm the one who sequenced for Fleetwood Mac. I sequenced 'Rumours.' Everyone loves my sequences. They're fun.''
Old 09-15-2010, 10:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Tom Whalley out at Warner Bros. Records
Hollywood Reporter
Indeed, Warner artist Stevie Nicks told THR on Tuesday: "I love Tom Whalley. He has always been there for me and has been a huge support to artists during ...

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/...e24050ab0dce25
Old 09-16-2010, 05:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Kim Gordon is shaping up to be fashion week’s unofficial hostess with the mostest: The alt-rock legend has been receiving friends and fans at fêtes throughout the week (when, that is, she’s not catching the shows). There’s been her new Sportmax collaboration, with its attendant gathering, and then there was the fifth anniversary of No. 6, Morgan Yakus and Karin Bereson’s ultra-cool downtown boutique. The week is wearing on, but Rogan Gregory, Anna Sheffield, and Beastie Boy Mike D appeared to be handling the week’s umpteenth event in stride. Ever the gracious host, Gordon signed copies of the latest No. 6 portfolio, in which her newest series, The Noise Paintings, are featured. She took for her source material a lyric from Fleetwood Mac’s “Rhiannon” (”She is like a cat in the dark, and then she is the darkness”) and divided it into 14 single-word paintings on canvas paper. (No. 6 has also printed them onto silk T-shirts, sold at the shop.) Strange bedfellows, the art rocker and the moon child? “I always go back to Stevie Nicks,” Gordon said. And not just her. “I used a Richard Hell lyric for another series, and another one from Kurt Vile, who I can’t stop listening to.” At this party, she didn’t have to: Vile was on hand for an acoustic set.

http://style-bytes.com/style-com/no-6-turns-5