User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-12-2006, 08:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SapphireSister
Welcome to the club! It irked me too for the longest time and finally I said something and now I feel much better. I don't know if I'll ever get totally used to it but we don't have much of a choice. I have to hold my tongue every now and then too and trust me, it's not easy.
And now...silence.
Old 03-12-2006, 08:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: bouncing off the wall at you. being defined by the applause.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychCat
As much as I love her work with Fleetwood Mac, her solo stuff just doesn't do much for me. I did like Bella Donna alot but as they progressed they just got too "Stevie/Welsh Witch/Enchanting/over-produced.

She also gets on my nerves when she works the croaky voice.
Just sing!! Love. her. stuff. .... just the croaky things gets old. fast.
UH OH..SHALL WE START THE LINCHING NOW EVERYONE???
Old 03-12-2006, 08:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: bouncing off the wall at you. being defined by the applause.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn
Why does Lindsey look like The Captain from The Captain and Tenille in that photo?
They were shooting TUSK video....
Old 03-12-2006, 09:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Originally Posted by PsychCat
As much as I love her work with Fleetwood Mac, her solo stuff just doesn't do much for me. I did like Bella Donna alot but as they progressed they just got too "Stevie/Welsh Witch/Enchanting/over-produced.

She also gets on my nerves when she works the croaky voice.
Just sing!! Love. her. stuff. .... just the croaky things gets old. fast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWidow

Makes HASTY retreat back to Christine board!!!

"Lucky in love... Unlucky in opening cereal boxes... -- Lisa Douglas, re: Olivah
Old 03-12-2006, 09:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
They were shooting TUSK video....
No, Stevie, Mick & Lindsey were special guests for the Trojan halftime show at the USC-Arizona State playoff game at the Coliseum. It was October 1980, about three weeks after the Tusk Tour ended at the Hollywood Bowl. That's what that picture is from.

The Tusk video was shot in June 1979 at Dodger Stadium.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 03-12-2006, 10:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
No, Stevie, Mick & Lindsey were special guests for the Trojan halftime show at the USC-Arizona State playoff game at the Coliseum. It was October 1980, about three weeks after the Tusk Tour ended at the Hollywood Bowl. That's what that picture is from.

The Tusk video was shot in June 1979 at Dodger Stadium.
Just a technicality, and no offense intended, but there are no "playoff" games in college football. USC and Arizona State play annually in regular Pac -10 conference play. It's a home and home rotation. Here are the facts, according to the USC media guide: USC defeated ASU 23-21 on October 4, 1980. The attendance was 69,052. USC was ranked #4 in the country at the time. I just thought I would add some trivia.
Old 03-12-2006, 11:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
Yeah! He sure wore a funny hat to that USC game! The visitors from Arizona State probably thought it WAS the Captain.
Maybe he was going to go sail off on a great big boat after this. Or maybe he chauferred Stevie's big black limo to the game.
Old 03-13-2006, 01:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Maybe he was going to go sail off on a great big boat after this. Or maybe he chauferred Stevie's big black limo to the game.
Maybe! He & Stevie also showed up around this time at a John Stewart gig at the Palomino, which I saw. I really loved Stevie & Lindsey around this time: I felt they really filled out from earlier in the year, & a fetching weariness had set in with their voice boxes. I was very sad to see the Tusk Tour end, especially when it had only got good during the final month.

And then December 8 came . . . Lennon was shot & killed & the "Live" album was released as a silly compilation of six or eight or ten different shows stretched out across four years or so, instead of the promised single night's show at the Bowl.

Disappointment became our middle name; & we were up against the wall, Jane.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 03-13-2006, 02:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It's spelled, "LYNCHING"
Old 03-13-2006, 02:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Why does Lindsey look like The Captain from The Captain and Tenille in that photo?
Love, Love will keep us together...
Old 03-13-2006, 09:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Let’s see. I think that I will take a crack at it.

1. Joe Walsh was the love of her life.

2. Too Materialistic- I did not like the way she went on in a recent interview about never having to look at a price tag, or something like that. She turns it into a proud accomplishment but I see it as arrogance and snobbery.

3. She was extremely wild in the 70s and 80s so much so that in 1986 she was banned from a 5 star hotel in Boston. I am not sure if that still holds true or if it even was true but I sort of believe it.

4. I agree with the poster who said that Stevie did not have children because she did not want to take of herself while being pregnant. Even if she did clean up when she found out that she was pregnant the damage might have already been done and she most likely knew that.

5. Stevie and Lindsey- I think that she still loves LB but that he seems to love her a lot more. I think that she plays a lot of games with LB and maybe in a weird way that is how he ended up getting married to Kristen. BTW, I sometimes wonder if LB is still married to Kristen but hey that is for another thread.

6. I think that she did use LB to an extent.

7. I think that she might have used Paul Fishkin to an extent, too.

8. I think that she did have some kind of fling with Waddy.

9. I don’t think that she slept with all of the men that she worked with but I do think that she slept with a lot.

10. I think that she loves Mick but more as a close friend right now. I think that she sees a side of Mick that some others don’t and I think that he and Stevie are alike in someway.

11. She knows a bit about the internet and knows how to send an IM

Well, that is all that I have for now.
Old 03-13-2006, 11:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelshWitchPMD
Let’s see. I think that I will take a crack at it.

1. Joe Walsh was the love of her life.

2. Too Materialistic- I did not like the way she went on in a recent interview about never having to look at a price tag, or something like that. She turns it into a proud accomplishment but I see it as arrogance and snobbery.

3. She was extremely wild in the 70s and 80s so much so that in 1986 she was banned from a 5 star hotel in Boston. I am not sure if that still holds true or if it even was true but I sort of believe it.

4. I agree with the poster who said that Stevie did not have children because she did not want to take of herself while being pregnant. Even if she did clean up when she found out that she was pregnant the damage might have already been done and she most likely knew that.

5. Stevie and Lindsey- I think that she still loves LB but that he seems to love her a lot more. I think that she plays a lot of games with LB and maybe in a weird way that is how he ended up getting married to Kristen. BTW, I sometimes wonder if LB is still married to Kristen but hey that is for another thread.

6. I think that she did use LB to an extent.

7. I think that she might have used Paul Fishkin to an extent, too.

8. I think that she did have some kind of fling with Waddy.

9. I don’t think that she slept with all of the men that she worked with but I do think that she slept with a lot.

10. I think that she loves Mick but more as a close friend right now. I think that she sees a side of Mick that some others don’t and I think that he and Stevie are alike in someway.

11. She knows a bit about the internet and knows how to send an IM

Well, that is all that I have for now.
What hotel was she banned from? Somehow I cant picture her throwing furniture through windows.
Old 03-13-2006, 11:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMn
What hotel was she banned from? Somehow I cant picture her throwing furniture through windows.
It was the 4 Seasons. I don't think that she through the furniture out the window but I guess her and her band did a lot of damage during one of their wild parties. That is what I have heard. Wasn't there so I really don't know it as being fact.
Old 03-13-2006, 12:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelshWitchPMD
If that's one of the worst things (or most embarrassing) that happened publicly during her drug days I don't consider that a big deal. I'm sure it happens a lot more frequently than you'd think. And plus she's a lucky girl if that's all that happened. She could have been busted for possession or far worse than being banned from the Four Seasons. Even if it is true I don't see the big deal. She's a rock star, she should be proud to be banned from the Four Seasons. Rock on Gold Dust Woman!
Old 03-13-2006, 03:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm from Boston, so I can say this...she was probably banned from the hotel for having a diverse band or showing too much ankle during a performance.