The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-16-2005, 04:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

"3) the mere presence of children does NOT mean unhappy parents should stick it out. Kids arent dumb, they know when its not working."

Since we were specifically talking about Lindsey and Kristen, and you said "does NOT mean unhappy parents should stick it out," I naturally inferred that you were implying that Lindsey and Kristen are unhappy parents. If that was not your intention, which I doubt, then perhaps it would have been better to word your "rebuttal" (and see below for what I think about that) in a manner such as this "there mere presence of children does NOT mean that the parents should stick it out "IF" (key word here) they are unhappy.

And on the subject of your "rebuttal" that word implies that this is indeed an argument. The whole point of an argument is try to convince the other side to at the very least consider your point of view. If you aren't trying to convince me of anything, then there's no need for a rebuttal, is there?
Old 02-16-2005, 04:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishgrl
LOOK AGAIN. I said it was a generic answer I then said IF Lindsey was unhappy, he shouldnt stay because of the children.

I havent made any comment on Lindsey's happiness (yet)
Your "generic" comment was not part of your original post and I made that reply before you edited and added on that comment.
Old 02-16-2005, 04:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Vicky
When the subject of her not clapping was brought up in the Yahoogroup, all anybody said was that she clapped and cheered very enthusiastically when Lindsey came onstage and then purposefully put her hands in her lap when Stevie appeared. Which to me, isn't rude.
I suggest that level of discourtesy for someone your husband has invited to his show is the very the meaning of "rude" to wit (emphasis supplied):

Main Entry: rude
Pronunciation: 'rüd
Function: adjective
Inflected Form(s): rud·er; rud·est
Etymology: Middle English, from Middle French, from Latin rudis; probably akin to Latin rudus rubble
1 a : being in a rough or unfinished state : CRUDE b : NATURAL, RAW c : PRIMITIVE, UNDEVELOPED d : SIMPLE, ELEMENTAL
2 : lacking refinement or delicacy: a : IGNORANT, UNLEARNED b : INELEGANT, UNCOUTH c : offensive in manner or action : DISCOURTEOUS d : UNCIVILIZED, SAVAGE e : COARSE, VULGAR
3 : marked by or suggestive of lack of training or skill : INEXPERIENCED
4 : ROBUST, STURDY
5 : occurring abruptly and disconcertingly
- rude·ly adverb
synonyms RUDE, ROUGH, CRUDE, RAW mean lacking in social refinement. RUDE implies ignorance of or indifference to good form; it may suggest intentional discourtesy . ROUGH is likely to stress lack of polish and gentleness . CRUDE may apply to thought or behavior limited to the gross, the obvious, or the primitive and ignorant of civilized amenities
. RAW suggests being untested, inexperienced, or unfinished .

http://www.merriamwebster.com/cgi-bi...ionary&va=rude

Again, I do not really care why she did not, at the least, clap and in many ways do not blame her - but to say it was not a rude gesture is preposterous in that such a conclusion is unsupported by the definition of "rude"

But, I think you want to defend her at any cost because you like to piss off the Stevie people. So, that ends this for me

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 02-16-2005, 04:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Your "generic" comment was not part of your original post and I made that reply before you edited and added on that comment.
well, Im not sure when which item was posted and its really not worth getting worked up about anyway. I can see how you might have taken it in a way other than what was intended, but I usually refer to people by name when I am talking about them and stick to gender neutral words when I am NOT.

just an fyi.
Old 02-16-2005, 04:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind
I suggest that level of discourtesy for someone your husband has invited to his show is the very the meaning of "rude" to wit (emphasis supplied):

Main Entry: rude
Pronunciation: 'rüd
Function: adjective
Inflected Form(s): rud·er; rud·est
Etymology: Middle English, from Middle French, from Latin rudis; probably akin to Latin rudus rubble
1 a : being in a rough or unfinished state : CRUDE b : NATURAL, RAW c : PRIMITIVE, UNDEVELOPED d : SIMPLE, ELEMENTAL
2 : lacking refinement or delicacy: a : IGNORANT, UNLEARNED b : INELEGANT, UNCOUTH c : offensive in manner or action : DISCOURTEOUS d : UNCIVILIZED, SAVAGE e : COARSE, VULGAR
3 : marked by or suggestive of lack of training or skill : INEXPERIENCED
4 : ROBUST, STURDY
5 : occurring abruptly and disconcertingly
- rude·ly adverb
synonyms RUDE, ROUGH, CRUDE, RAW mean lacking in social refinement. RUDE implies ignorance of or indifference to good form; it may suggest intentional discourtesy . ROUGH is likely to stress lack of polish and gentleness . CRUDE may apply to thought or behavior limited to the gross, the obvious, or the primitive and ignorant of civilized amenities
. RAW suggests being untested, inexperienced, or unfinished .

http://www.merriamwebster.com/cgi-bi...ionary&va=rude

Again, I do not really care why she did not, at the least, clap and in many ways do not blame her - but to say it was not a rude gesture is preposterous in that such a conclusion is unsupported by the definition of "rude"

But, I think you want to defend her at any cost because you like to piss off the Stevie people. So, that ends this for me

THanks, Strandish!

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 02-16-2005, 04:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Again, I do not really care why she did not, at the least, clap and in many ways do not blame her - but to say it was not a rude gesture is preposterous in that such a conclusion is unsupported by the definition of "rude" But, I think you want to defend her at any cost because you like to piss off the Stevie people. So, that ends this for me
With all due respect,

I know you said this ends it for you, but I still have something to say. (and btw I'm still going on the basis of what was stated in that Yahoogroup. If you feel I'm missing something please direct me to the actual account of the situation rather than just to the website itself. Buckinghamnicks.net, which btw is a wonderful site, is rather extensive and I don't have the patience to search it) Nothing that was stated in the yahoo posts indicated to me anything that was rude. (and I don't need your definitions. As a fiction writer I am forever looking in the dictionary and thesaurus and am very much familiar with the English language, thank you very much.)
I am not "defending Kristen at any cost" I am merely asking for the reasons for the animosity so many people have for her, and am not receiving any answers.
As for "liking to piss the Stevie people off," I think you misjudge me. I like to express my opinion on any subject for which I have an opinion. And if the things I say or the way I say them end up pissing people off, so be it, but it's not really my intention.
Old 02-16-2005, 04:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishgrl
the comment I made was an OPINION (NOT a theory) and as such doesnt require proof. I am of the opinion Jesus died for me too but I dont have any proof. I only have faith. I happen to be one of those detestable "BN romantics" you have so little regard for but your lack of regard means squat to me! And really, its of no consequence anyway. Our lives arent impacted one way or another by what that triad does. So, I am not going to argue with you.
If my lack of regard "means squat to you" then why do you continue to reply to my posts? Obviously it does mean something to you.

Opinions, theories, whatever. Here's what you said "The fact they have 3 children is strictly due to Kristen's machinations" and I find it extremely rude (see strandinthe wind's definitions) to attack someone's character in such a way without providing evidence.

Last edited by Miss Vicky; 02-16-2005 at 04:40 PM..
Old 02-16-2005, 04:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

I still can't believe you don't think that's rude! It boggles my mind.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 02-16-2005, 04:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
...as a "Stevie hater"..
It sounds quite tiring

Quote:
I'm just saying that her lack of applause seems only to be a natural manifestation of jealousy over those feelings. It's not like she booed when Stevie came on or anything. She simply didn't clap.
I also think it can mean many things, maybe she was jealous, maybe she was just tired, or her mind was somewhere else, and did something unpolite without a real intention. Who knows.

Quote:
Personally I think this whole thing is nothing but the "BN romantics" desperately searching for non-existent evidence to use to support the theories their over-active imaginations have conjured up.
About BN romantics, maybe they're right, maybe they aren't, maybe the truth is somewhere in the middle, we don't know, time will tell, right? Personally I'm not one of them (it wouldn't change much for me in a way or the other ) I can understand though how to evidently not applaud Stevie Nicks in a place where you're fully visible, and surrounded by FM fans can be seen in a negative way. Probably If I had been there I wouldn't have been too impressed either by her behaviour but a bad night can happen to everyone.

Romy

Non vogliate negar l'esperienza
di retro al sol, del mondo sanza gente
Considerate la vostra semenza
fatti non foste a viver come bruti
ma per seguir virtute e canoscenza ~ Dante Alighieri, Divina Commedia, Inferno Canto XXVI

Last edited by Serrart; 02-16-2005 at 04:47 PM..
Old 02-16-2005, 04:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Since you asked - I will try this one more time

Quote:
. . . Nothing that was stated in the yahoo posts indicated to me anything that was rude.
I never read it and know nothing about it. Here is the link to nancyu's site http://www.buckinghamnicks.net/forum...ys=0&start=150 - there are many reviews there. They all appear to come from Nancy I think because she recently changed who hosts her board.

Quote:
(and I don't need your definitions. As a fiction writer I am forever looking in the dictionary and thesaurus and am very much familiar with the English language, thank you very much.)
Apparently you do because you are not defining K's intentional discourtesy to La Nicks by not clapping as the literal definition of the word rude.

Quote:
I am not "defending Kristen at any cost"
of course you are because to think that purposefully not clapping for someone your husband has a tremendous amount of respect for and who he personally invited onstage with him at his solo event did not "not suggest intentional discourtesy" is a farce and an argument that holds no merit. Thus, I suggest it implies if not shrieks "defending Kristen at any cost"

Thus, the clarification you asked for

Again, I like K, I think she was very very nice to me. I just think not clapping on purpose is rude and the dic. supports me

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 02-16-2005, 04:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serrart
It sounds quite tiring
I don't really consider myself a Stevie hater, but I know that other people do, so I was just using their verbage.

Quote:
:I also think it can mean many things, maybe she was jealous, maybe she was just tired, or her mind was somewhere else, and did something unpolite without a real intention. Who knows.
Agreed.

Quote:
About BN romantics, maybe they're right, maybe they aren't, maybe the truth is somewhere in the middle, we don't know, time will tell, right? Personally I'm not one of them (it wouldn't change much for me in a way or the other ) I can understand though how to evidently not applaud Stevie Nicks in a place where you're fully visible, and surrounded by FM fans can be seen in a negative way. Probably If I had been there I wouldn't have been too impressed either by her behaviour but a bad night can happen to everyone.
Maybe they are right, maybe their not. Time will tell. But I've yet to come across any that can give a logical explanation for their dislike of Kristen (and I'm not saying that all of them dislike her, as I look back on my posts I see that I have failed to state that and I do apologise).
What really confuses me about the situation though, and maybe I'm alone in this (as I very well may be in all of my opinions), is if these people were at a Fleetwood Mac concert and Lindsey and Stevie were both on the stage, why the heck were they even looking at Kristen??? Admitedly, when I went to the shows, I looked for her and located her in the crowd before the concert began, but once the band was onstage my thoughts and my eyes were certainly not on her. (And I think you can guess what they were on).
Old 02-16-2005, 04:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
IWhat really confuses me about the situation though, and maybe I'm alone in this (as I very well may be in all of my opinions), is if these people were at a Fleetwood Mac concert and Lindsey and Stevie were both on the stage, why the heck were they even looking at Kristen??? Admitedly, when I went to the shows, I looked for her and located her in the crowd before the concert began, but once the band was onstage my thoughts and my eyes were certainly not on her. (And I think you can guess what they were on).
Ah! The old "change the point" deflection tactic! So, is the new point "Why were people even looking at Kristen anyways?!" Just curious.
P.S. Strand? - Love ya.

Old 02-16-2005, 04:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
of course you are because to think that purposefully not clapping for someone your husband has a tremendous amount of respect for and who he personally invited onstage with him at his solo event did not "not suggest intentional discourtesy" is a farce and an argument that holds no merit. Thus, I suggest it implies if not shrieks "defending Kristen at any cost"
Dictionary definitions aside, the true meaning of all words are up to interpretation. And I still ask to be provided with a direct link to the account of the incident.
Old 02-16-2005, 04:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
Ah! The old "change the point" deflection tactic! So, is the new point "Why were people even looking at Kristen anyways?!" Just curious.
I was not trying to change the point, it was an aside note, I apologize for not stating it as such.
Old 02-16-2005, 05:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
P.S. Strand? - Love ya.
This is getting weird And it's a great example of why I usually just shut my trap when it comes to this topic...I mean really who cares