User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-20-2006, 10:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffdweller
Interesting post Krista. And I agree with the frontrunner thing. I can see many potential frontrunners: Chris, Kellie, Katharine, and Paris mainly. I'm starting to think though, that Taylor actually has a shot too! He's never been in the bottom three, or at least not lately and everyone seems to LOOOOVE him. I do think Elliott's days are numbered, but not because he can't sing--he totally can! I just think that his looks and lack of stage presence are going to hurt him in the end.

I used to like Katherine a lot more than I do now. I think she has a technically proficient voice, it's beautiful, but she has no personality and she tends to sing REALLY boring songs. She can't rock and that bothers me. I ultimately go for the rock-tinged voices and look for interesting and/or unique qualities in the contestants and Katharine ain't it. I think Chris is interesting and a great rock singer, so I'm kind of leaning in his direction. He just needs to stop channeling Creed and Live and get his own kind of vibe going. I think he's trying to do that though, his "standards" performance was a step in a new direction.
The two who are most vulnerable to me are Paris and Elliott. It just doesn't appear as though they are connecting with the audience. Taylor has a pretty good following it seems, so he might be a dark horse. Ultimately, I think it will be between Chris, Katharine, and Kellie.

Chris is my personal pick. I looooooooove his voice.
Old 04-20-2006, 10:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffdweller
I thought that at first too, but now I think this might be a good show. I can think of a lot of good love songs, but thing is, are they going to sing them or just do a bunch of crap?

I don't think the contestants will be bad, but I would have rather a more upbeat rockin' show this week, since they just did standards.
Old 04-20-2006, 11:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin
I don't think the contestants will be bad, but I would have rather a more upbeat rockin' show this week, since they just did standards.

Yeah, I see your point. But just think of some of the spine-tingling performances we could get! Again, that is, if they pick good songs .

Ryan mentioned something about 70's rock being a good theme for next year and I was like, hell yes it is! They should do that THIS season.
Old 04-20-2006, 11:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySorcerer
The two who are most vulnerable to me are Paris and Elliott. It just doesn't appear as though they are connecting with the audience. Taylor has a pretty good following it seems, so he might be a dark horse. Ultimately, I think it will be between Chris, Katharine, and Kellie.

Chris is my personal pick. I looooooooove his voice.
I'm not sad that I was wrong about my pick to leave last night. Elliot certainly deserved to stay around more than Ace did.
I agree that Paris is very vulnerable at this point. She has consistently been in the bottom three, even when she does well. But who the hell knows? The bottom three was not at all what I would have expected. Maybe it IS fixed. Or maybe people are voting to save people they liked who were in the bottom three the previous week, and it keeps changing up because people then don't vote for the ones they think are safe (like Chris).
Old 04-20-2006, 11:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mageboy25
BYE BYE ACE!!!!

We need Scandal to perform Good Bye To You Queen in your honor!
Didn't Scandal do that song I Am The Warrior or something like that?>
Old 04-20-2006, 11:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I will say this, I think that some of the people that have been celebrity guests this year have given the show more credibility amongst those who thought it was nothing more than ****. Andrea Bocelli this coming week is a good example.
Old 04-20-2006, 11:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMn
Didn't Scandal do that song I Am The Warrior or something like that?>

Yes. Scandal feat. Patty Smyth did "The Warrior." Which I rock at when I do karaoke, btw.
Old 04-20-2006, 12:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorceress
Or maybe people are voting to save people they liked who were in the bottom three the previous week, and it keeps changing up because people then don't vote for the ones they think are safe (like Chris).
That's exactly what I was thinking. I personally think Chris will win, so I tried to vote for Elliott and Taylor. Not because I want them to win but because I want them to stay on the show longer. Gah, I guess at this point you REALLY need to vote for who you want to win and not the underdogs!
Old 04-20-2006, 12:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jannieC
Gah, I guess at this point you REALLY need to vote for who you want to win and not the underdogs!
My problem is that I don't KNOW who I really want to win. This year I have no clear favorite. I like Katharine, Paris, Chris and Taylor all for different reasons. Even Elliot isn't so bad. But there are reasons to DISlike each of them too. Because I don't have a favorite, I've been voting based on how I liked their performance that week, and on who I think is the underdog and I want to stay around longer. Maybe I'll have to rethink my strategy.
Old 04-20-2006, 01:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm thinking this thing is fixed more & more. How is it that I couldn't get through for Chris or Paris for 2&1/2 hours and they ended up in the bottom 3? And I got through for Elliot right away, but he was safe? I guess the west coast reeeeeeaaallllyyy like Elliot? Hmmmmm...

Not that I'm complaining, Ace drove me nuts, I'm glad he's out.

Next week is "greatest love songs" with Andrea Bocelli (sp). Um, OK.
The phone calling might not be the reason Kellie is doing so well. Apparently there is a "bank" of people that are getting to text message for her for free as long as they vote for HER in her home town. Text messages seem to go through while your phone calls can't.

Check this out (post from an AI board moderator):
http://myidol.idolonfox.com/Boards/t...spx?tid=226838

Last edited by Tango; 04-20-2006 at 01:55 PM..
Old 04-20-2006, 01:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango
The phone calling might not be the reason Kellie is doing so well. Apparently there is a "bank" of people that are getting to text message for her for free as long as they vote for HER in her home town.

Check this out (post from an AI board moderator):
http://myidol.idolonfox.com/Boards/t...spx?tid=226838

I forgot about text messaging. Good point.
Old 04-20-2006, 02:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation Hee!

Quote:
Yes. Scandal feat. Patty Smyth did "The Warrior."
"Shootin' at the walls of heartache
Bang bang
I am the warrior"

I love that song.
Old 04-20-2006, 02:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I hate this season, mainly due to song choices. I mean, come on! We just finished the "American Songbook" aka SLOW, BORING SONGS....and now we are headed into Love Songs. Pick better themes, producers....these suck and are boring to watch.

I don't care who wins. I am glad plastic (f)ace is gone.
Old 04-20-2006, 05:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheEdgeof17
I don't care who wins. I am glad plastic (f)ace is gone.
Good one!!!

I don't really have a favorite this year either. And I agree about the song/genre choices. B-o-r-i-n-g.
Old 04-25-2006, 08:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My thougts...

BUT, before I get started.. everyone raise their hand ( ) if they think David Foster isn't all that sure of what he is doing..

ok..

Katharine - Fantastic. (the judges are smoking crack! well.. at least Paula.. And I might add that Katharine was VERY Mariah tonight.. from the hair to the clothes.. to even the boobs..)

Elliot - Amazing.

Kellie - The worst. (She is NOT Leann Rimes, so she needs to get off it)

Paris - Oversang. (No one can sing this song like Barbra.. anyone else who tries.. it just comes off as boring)

Taylor - Boring.

Chris - Good. (I suppose I'm just not a huge fan of male vocalists)