Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-16-2005, 02:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishgrl
speaking for myself, I believe:
1) Lindsey only married Kristen because Kid #2 was on the way and I think Stevie also might have had a hand in convincing him somehow
2) The fact they have 3 children is strictly due to Kristen's machinations (oops, forgot the pill honey)
3) the mere presence of children does NOT mean unhappy parents should stick it out. Kids arent dumb, they know when its not working.
4) Kristen not applauding when Stevie came on stage IS rude if you are at a concert where she is performing! Her refusal to applaud speaks VOLUMES about her character IMO.
5) Eventually, this situation will right itself. IMO its already started.
Considering how much of a private person Lindsey is, I don't see how you can have any evidence at all to back up your theories. I think it's just speculation based solely on wishful thinking. Why do you think Lindsey and Kristen are "unhappy parents"? What evidence is there? If you're going to try to convince me, do it with facts, not theories.

I think the fact that Kristen did not applaud for Stevie speaks NOTHING about her character. I think it only speaks to a natural jealousy that any woman would have towards another woman who means that much to her husband.
Old 02-16-2005, 02:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Vicky
Considering how much of a private person Lindsey is, I don't see how you can have any evidence at all to back up your theories. I think it's just speculation based solely on wishful thinking. Why do you think Lindsey and Kristen are "unhappy parents"? What evidence is there? If you're going to try to convince me, do it with facts, not theories.

I think the fact that Kristen did not applaud for Stevie speaks NOTHING about her character. I think it only speaks to a natural jealousy that any woman would have towards another woman who means that much to her husband.
Right - that's what I'm wondering - is there some indication that they're unhappy parents?

Also - I don't think Kristen is required to applaud every night night after night after night.... I don't see that as an overly rude thing...also they must have spent lots of time together on down time haha...really I don't know because up til now I"ve stayed out of the these discussions
Old 02-16-2005, 02:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default actually

Quote:

Im not trying to convince anybody! Im only stating my position

btw, this:
Quote:
it only speaks to a natural jealousy that any woman would have towards another woman who means that much to her husband
is significant. apparently Kristen knows more about Lindseys feelings for Stevie than any Stevie haters will admit

Last edited by irishgrl; 02-16-2005 at 02:41 PM..
Old 02-16-2005, 02:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
I'm not saying they're unhappy parents, but to me, being so jealous of another woman who means something to your husband that you can't manage some polite applause, DOES say something about your character. Something bad.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 02-16-2005, 02:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brwn_eyes0511
I thought it would be interesting to do a search to see what celebrities are republican...here is some that I found (some was a shock)...

Scott Baio

OH NO! NOT CHACHI!!!

say it ain't so

Old 02-16-2005, 02:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Im not trying to convince anybody! Im only stating my position
A position which you apparently have no evidence to support.

Quote:
btw, this is significant. apparently Kristen knows more about Lindseys feelings for Stevie than any Stevie haters will admit
Nobody here is questioning whether or not Lindsey has feelings for Stevie (not even I, as a "Stevie hater" am questioning it), and I doubt that Kristen is questioning it either. It's pretty obvious that he does. I'm just saying that her lack of applause seems only to be a natural manifestation of jealousy over those feelings. It's not like she booed when Stevie came on or anything. She simply didn't clap.

Personally I think this whole thing is nothing but the "BN romantics" desperately searching for non-existent evidence to use to support the theories their over-active imaginations have conjured up.

This is my opinion. You can argue and rant against it all you want but it's my opinion and it will stand.
Old 02-16-2005, 03:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default since I am not trying to convince you

Quote:
A position which you apparently have no evidence to support.
SINCE I AM NOT TRYING TO CONVINCE YOU, I DONT NEED EVIDENCE.

as for the rest, you are entitled to your opinion. Why you feel so threatened by the "BN romantics" is a mystery to me!
As far as I am concerned, you opinion can stand all it wants to. Personally, I prefer to sit and watch.
Old 02-16-2005, 03:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
SINCE I AM NOT TRYING TO CONVINCE YOU, I DONT NEED EVIDENCE.
Ok. Whatever. But both myself and DrummerDeanna have posed the question asking why you think they're "unhappy parents" and all you seem to do is side-step it.

Quote:
As for the rest, you are entitled to your opinion. Why you feel so threatened by the "BN romantics" is a mystery to me!
I don't feel at all threatened by them. I just think they're hopeless romantics with tunnel vision and over-active imaginations. That's all.
Old 02-16-2005, 03:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default if you'll recall

Quote:
Ok. Whatever. But both myself and DrummerDeanna have posed the question asking why you think they're "unhappy parents" and all you seem to do is side-step it.

I don't feel at all threatened by them. I just think they're hopeless romantics with tunnel vision and over-active imaginations. That's all.
my very first post on this issue stated that I wasnt trying to do anything other than state my opinion. you said "if you are trying to convince me..."
and I replied "Im not"
It seems to me that you ARE threatened by the "BN romantics" precisely because you get very defensive in your posts! I myself see NOTHING WRONG with romance. Personally, from the pictures I've seen, the interviews Ive read, and the first-hand accounts of SnL interactions Ive been told, (not to mention the film footage available) I think it requires more effort to deny the truth of SnL's love than it does to accept it. But, I dont care what you believe or disbelieve on that score. The truth will come out eventually. Of that, I am certain.

this:
Quote:
3) the mere presence of children does NOT mean unhappy parents should stick it out. Kids arent dumb, they know when its not working.
was a rebuttal to your assertion that parents should stay together if they had kids. It was a GENERIC comment. I didnt specifically name Lindsey and Kristen, but IF Lindsey is unhappy, he shouldnt stay merely because he has children with Kristen IMO.

Last edited by irishgrl; 02-16-2005 at 03:59 PM..
Old 02-16-2005, 03:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Nobody here is questioning whether or not Lindsey has feelings for Stevie (not even I, as a "Stevie hater" am questioning it), and I doubt that Kristen is questioning it either. It's pretty obvious that he does. I'm just saying that her lack of applause seems only to be a natural manifestation of jealousy over those feelings. It's not like she booed when Stevie came on or anything. She simply didn't clap.

Personally I think this whole thing is nothing but the "BN romantics" desperately searching for non-existent evidence to use to support the theories their over-active imaginations have conjured up.
With all due respect - I was there when she did it and it was not just a mere incidence of not clapping. If you go to www.buckinghamnicks.net, you can read a review of the Soundstage affair. But, I know what I saw with my two peepers. To her defense, I spoke with her and found her nice, charming, and cordial. I have no beef with her whatsoever and, in fact, kind of like her and, not that she needs it, feel sorry for her in that wasp's nest. I mean she essentially is an interloper in a huge band in which tensions run very high. Who would want to be in that? So, I credit her for the stamina I am unsure I could have in the same situation.

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 02-16-2005, 03:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
my very first post on this issue stated that I wasnt trying to do anything other than state my opinion. you said "if you are trying to convince me..."
and I replied "Im not"
It seems to me that you ARE threatened by the "BN romantics" precisely because you get very defensive in your posts! I myself see NOTHING WRONG with romance. Personally, from the pictures I've seen, the interviews Ive read, and the first-hand accounts of SnL interactions Ive been told, (not to mention the film footage available) I think it requires more effort to deny the truth of SnL's love than it does to accept it. But, I dont care what you believe or disbelieve on that score. The truth will come out eventually. Of that, I am certain.
Here we go again. Let me reword the question.

Why is it your opinion that Lindsey and Kristen are "unhappy parents"?

Arguments and all that aside... just please, satisfy my curiousity.
Old 02-16-2005, 04:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I realize you're not trying to convince anyone....I know there are Stevie/Linds romantics out there - more power to ya - it's a nice thought - and there is nothing wrong with romance...

Basically I was just wondering if there was info that I had missed out on - like I didn't know about the no clapping thing... I really don't pay that much attention to the whole situation
Old 02-16-2005, 04:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind
With all due respect - I was there when she did it and it was not just a mere incidence of not clapping. If you go to www.buckinghamnicks.net, you can read a review of the Soundstage affair. But, I know what I saw with my two peepers. To her defense, I spoke with her and found her nice, charming, and cordial. I have no beef with her whatsoever and, in fact, kind of like her and, not that she needs it, feel sorry for her in that wasp's nest. I mean she essentially is an interloper in a huge band in which tensions run very high. Who would want to be in that? So, I credit her for the stamina I am unsure I could have in the same situation.
With all due respect as well,

When the subject of her not clapping was brought up in the Yahoogroup, all anybody said was that she clapped and cheered very enthusiastically when Lindsey came onstage and then purposefully put her hands in her lap when Stevie appeared. Which to me, isn't rude.
Because I do my best to look at things in a logical way, it irks me that people villify Kristen simply because she's married to Lindsey (and this has been going on long before the "not clapping" incident) and say such things as "the third child was a result of Kristen's machinations" without providing any evidence to back up such theories. And and on the subject of propriety, it is extremely rude to say such things about someone when you provide no proof of it. But then hypocrisy does seem to be the way of things around here.
Old 02-16-2005, 04:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
With all due respect as well,

When the subject of her not clapping was brought up in the Yahoogroup, all anybody said was that she clapped and cheered very enthusiastically when Lindsey came onstage and then purposefully put her hands in her lap when Stevie appeared. Which to me, isn't rude.
That's not rude to you? How strange! It's jealous harpy rude to me. Not that I care that much, if she's gonna be like that. Still, I think it's rude.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 02-16-2005, 04:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Please Read Carefully

Quote:
Here we go again. Let me reword the question.

Why is it your opinion that Lindsey and Kristen are "unhappy parents"?

Arguments and all that aside... just please, satisfy my curiousity.
LOOK AGAIN. I said it was a generic answer I then said IF Lindsey was unhappy, he shouldnt stay because of the children.

I havent made any comment on Lindsey's happiness (yet)

Quote:
the third child was a result of Kristen's machinations" without providing any evidence to back up such theories. And and on the subject of propriety, it is extremely rude to say such things about someone when you provide no proof of it
the comment I made was an OPINION (NOT a theory) and as such doesnt require proof. I am of the opinion Jesus died for me too but I dont have any proof. I only have faith. I happen to be one of those detestable "BN romantics" you have so little regard for but your lack of regard means squat to me! And really, its of no consequence anyway. Our lives arent impacted one way or another by what that triad does. So, I am not going to argue with you.

Last edited by irishgrl; 02-16-2005 at 04:22 PM..