Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2011, 05:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default WNYC FM 93.9 Radio Reairing the Goastt on 4/3

That end of the video Nico with Sean and Charlotte about the ice cream maker,butter churner is funny and cute. I do have one update for now.Everyone have a safe,positive and great weekend and take care.

Sean Lennon and Charlotte Kemp Muhl, band the Ghost of A Saber Tooth Tiger. WNYC Radio will be reairing their interview and performance this Sunday, April 3, 8-9 pm EST on WNYC FM 93.9 and wnyc. You can listen to the show online on WNYC's web site.

http://www.wnyc.org/shows/spinning/2011/apr/03/
Old 04-02-2011, 01:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Talk Stoop Sean and Charlotte interview:

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/shows/talk...119048509.html

(Sean looks really handsome here. I'm loving the nicely trimmed beard.)

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL
Old 04-03-2011, 12:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Real Love : remastered and Original track video

Thanks Nico, for posting the link to the Talk Stoop video interview with Sean and Charlotte.I think he looks good in the nicely trimmed beard to.With that long wild hair of his.I think sometimes.Charlotte needs to bush him out at night,when he can't struggle and try to stop it.lol I call it Sean's beautiful hippy boy hair.I grew up 5 minutes from the Haight Ashbury in San Francisco the late 1960's and saw real hippys outside everyday.I consider myself a expect on this matter.lol I have a couple beautiful music video's I want to post.I have listened to them before.But these brought tears to my eyes.They so beautiful and thinking about John and the other former Beatles working on the song and finishing it in the studio for him.I am adding more than one version of it here.I am sure I will have some more updates very soon.Everyone have a safe and great weekend and take care.

Real Love" is a song written by British rock musician John Lennon. Lennon made six takes of the song in 1979 and 1980 with "Real Life", a different song that merged with "Real Love". The song was ignored until 1988 when the sixth take was used on the documentary soundtrack Imagine: John Lennon."Real Love" was subsequently reworked by the three remaining members of The Beatles (Paul McCartney, George Harrison and Ringo Starr) in late 1995, an approach also used for another incomplete Lennon track, "Free as a Bird". "Real Love" was released as a Beatles single in 1996 in the United Kingdom, United States and many other countries; it was the opening track on the Beatles' Anthology 2 album. It is the last "new" credited Beatles song to originate and be included on an album. To date, it is the last single by the group to become a Top 40 hit in the U.S.The song reached number four and number 11 in the UK and U.S. singles charts, respectively, and earned a gold record faster than a number of the group's other singles. The song was not included on the BBC Radio 1 playlist, prompting criticism from fans and British members of Parliament. After the release of "Free as a Bird" and "Real Love", Starr commented, "Recording the new songs didn't feel contrived at all, it felt very natural and it was a lot of fun, but emotional too at times. But it's the end of the line, really. There's nothing more we can do as The Beatles."

The Beatles Real Love (Remastered) Official Music Video‬
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWWJx4gpfMg

‪John Lennon- Real Love (Original Version)‬
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjO5b...eature=related

Last edited by msLinds; 04-03-2011 at 12:33 AM..
Old 04-03-2011, 12:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Ugh, those two videos...

I LOVE Real Love. When I got the Lennon Anthology I fell in love with this song, just as I had as a young girl hearing it on the Imagine film. The Threetles version is beautiful as well. Really, it's just a stunning, well-crafted masterpiece of a song. John's version is the ideal, and I adore Regina Spektor's cover, which is very true to the original.

Of the two "new" Beatles songs, though, FAAB was always my favorite. I adored the melody, the singing, and the feeling of the song. I always found the lyrics in the verses a little cliche, but everything else about the song made up for that. Thanks for posting MsLinds. I am such a huge fan of this band and it's incredible to think they could make music with John again...after the fact.

Old 04-04-2011, 07:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Paul's Yesterday Piano for sale

Your welcome Nico. I have one update for now tonight.About Paul's piano for sale.

Mirror.co.uk ( older story )
1- 3 - 2011
Piano used to write The Beatles' Yesterday set to fetch £125k at auction

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-sto...5875-22957251/

The Sun.uk
3/1/2011
photograph of piano

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...r-auction.html

Last edited by msLinds; 04-04-2011 at 11:17 PM..
Old 04-04-2011, 09:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I got in the mail some information about the Steinway & Sons limited edition "Imagine" piano series and I am in serious love. Like, there aren't enough words. I want one. I want one SO bad. I am a pianist (as 3rd World Man is the only one who knew prior to this) and have been considering a new piano purchase for my home. I don't know, man. It's pricey but...so one of a kind and gorgeous. I would just gasp every time I walked in the room.

On a side note. A recent Yoko Q&A response from her Twitter:

JessicaCarlotti Jessica Carlotti
what is one thing that people would be surprised to know about john?

That he was a very sweet and sensitive husband at home.

Last edited by Nico; 04-04-2011 at 11:18 PM..
Old 04-04-2011, 10:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Nico's Steinway piano information

Thats great to hear Nico you got your information in the mail about the Steinway piano.I do wish you could really own one.It does look gorgeous and beautiful.Its Great Yoko likes the internet and uses it all the time.I'm not surprised that John was a sweet and sensitive husband at home,Its good to hear her telling people that about him.

Last edited by msLinds; 04-04-2011 at 11:18 PM..
Old 04-05-2011, 03:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Time Out Tokyo : Interview about Japan fundraiser and Cibo Matto 4/3

Sean Lennon was a member of the band Cibo Matto.The bands connection with Sean and Yoko are mentioned in this interview.

Time Out Tokyo
April 3, 2011

Cibo Matto: The Interview
Yuka and Miho tell Jon Wilks about returning to the stage to support Japan
One of the larger charity events to have taken place in the wake of the March 11 disaster was the Japan Benefit Concert at New York's Columbia University, held on March 27. On a bill that included Yoko Ono, John Zorn, Sonic Youth and Mike Patton, the reunion of Cibo Matto – the influential J-girl duo that grew out of the NYC art scene in the early '90s – gave punters an extra reason to dig into their pockets. A couple of days later, Yoko Ono pulled together a second event, this time featuring the Plastic Ono Band, Patti Smith and, again, Cibo Matto.

http://www.timeout.jp/en/tokyo/featu...-The-Interview
Old 04-05-2011, 06:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^^^I LOVE Cibo Matto. Greatness. Sean being in that band has single-handedly made him cooler than too many people to name.

Ok, check this video out!!! It's Sean and Charlotte with the French singer-songwriter Matthieu Chedid in the video for their cover of the Serge Gainsbourg/Brigitte Bardot class cult classic "Comic Strip." Ok, I love Sean in this video. The original video has always been a favorite package of weird for me- I truly adore Serge and BB soooooo much, and this version is no piss-poor imitation. I think it's mad fun. Sean couldn't be cuter.

As some of us who know GOASTT well are aware, the song is found on their La Carotte Blue disc, and others who know Sean solo well are aware of his collaborations with Matthieu Chedid (love them together).

Soooooo...enjoy this vid and the article that precedes it (yay for Carrie Fisher's house!)

http://www.spin.com/articles/ghost-s...nsbourg-homage

Important note: Sean wrote and directed the video. Ugh, he's so bril.

Last edited by Nico; 04-05-2011 at 06:58 PM..
Old 04-05-2011, 07:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Comic Strip Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
^^^I LOVE Cibo Matto. Greatness. Sean being in that band has single-handedly made him cooler than too many people to name.

Ok, check this video out!!! It's Sean and Charlotte with the French singer-songwriter Matthieu Chedid in the video for their cover of the Serge Gainsbourg/Brigitte Bardot class cult classic "Comic Strip." Ok, I love Sean in this video. The original video has always been a favorite package of weird for me- I truly adore Serge and BB soooooo much, and this version is no piss-poor imitation. I think it's mad fun. Sean couldn't be cuter.

As some of us who know GOASTT well are aware, the song is found on their La Carotte Blue disc, and others who know Sean solo well are aware of his collaborations with Matthieu Chedid (love them together).

Soooooo...enjoy this vid and the article that precedes it (yay for Carrie Fisher's house!)

http://www.spin.com/articles/ghost-s...nsbourg-homage

Important note: Sean wrote and directed the video. Ugh, he's so bril.

Thanks Nico for posting this Spin article link with the Comic strip video. I was going to post it this evening.Its great that one of us allways gets this thread updated.I think the video is cute,funny and cool.The original Serge Gainsbourg/Brigitte Bardot class cult classic "Comic Strip has allways been a weird favorite of mine to.
Old 04-05-2011, 08:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by msLinds View Post
Thanks Nico for posting this Spin article link with the Comic strip video. I was going to post it this evening.Its great that one of us allways gets this thread updated.I think the video is cute,funny and cool.The original Serge Gainsbourg/Brigitte Bardot class cult classic "Comic Strip has allways been a weird favorite of mine to.
Yes, but I can't compete with YOU. You keep it going girl!!!

Ahem, MsLinds, you still have not posted your top 10 John songs. I haven't forgotten.

Old 04-05-2011, 09:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default The Goastt will be touring with the band Flaming Lips

The Goastt will be on tour with the band Flaming Lips.I am sure there will a lot more to post about the upcoming performances with Sean and Charlotte.But I wanted to get this posted.Because someone posted on another fan board.That allready one of the concerts on the east coast is allready sold out.So anyone that is interested and wants to go to one of these Goastt Concerts.Don't wait to long to buy your ticket.

http://www.jambase.com/Artists/75218...er-Tooth-Tiger
Old 04-05-2011, 09:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by msLinds View Post
The Goastt will be on tour with the band Flaming Lips.I am sure there will a lot more to post about the upcoming performances with Sean and Charlotte.But I wanted to get this posted.Because someone posted on another fan board.That allready one of the concerts on the east coast is allready sold out.So anyone that is interested and wants to go to one of these Goastt Concerts.Don't wait to long to buy your ticket.

http://www.jambase.com/Artists/75218...er-Tooth-Tiger
^ 3rd World Man is going! FL are his favorite modern band (along with Radiohead). He posted the info about the North Carolina show a bit ago. I would go, but alas my work...

*sigh....*

Don't forget what I posted above your prior post MsLinds. I'm looking for the list!

Old 04-07-2011, 01:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default daily mail.uk : Never Before Seen Beatle Photograph

Nico I know have to post my favorite John Lennon song list.I promise to get to it as soon as I can. I have a update.

Mail Online
April 7, 2011
So young, but already fed up with fame: Never-before-seen pictures capture The Beatles on their last ever tour.

They are the lost photographs that show four young men at the height of their dizzying fame: behind-the-scenes snapshots of The Beatles on their last American tour in 1966.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...otos-tour.html
Old 04-07-2011, 11:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Julian Lennon's Birthday is April 8th

I have a update. This Friday April 8th is Julian Lennon's birthday.For anyone interested that wants to.Please remember to go Julian's official Facebook page and wish him a happy birthday.I want wish Julian a happy birthday. I hope he has a happy,enjoyable and great day.Both Sean and his brother Julian are both talented and beautiful boys.

Last edited by msLinds; 04-08-2011 at 01:28 AM..
Closed Thread