User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-29-2010, 12:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jannieC View Post
Mom is having a double mastectomy on January 14- thanks for all of the support and well wishes!
Oh dear... that's a tough road to hoe, but I guess it's probably the most effective treatment, if not the most disfiguring. Best wishes to her and her family!
Old 12-29-2010, 12:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kena View Post
Looks like I'm going to be spending New Years Eve at home in my jammies. What happened to the days when I got dressed up all pretty and went out with my friends and smiled and danced and thought I was the most beautiful popular lady around and this was completely validated by the crowds of people all around me and the generosity of other? Oh yeah, I stopped getting wasted all the time. The crowd? I stopped going to the popular bar. The generous people? I stopped letting random people buy me drinks. I stopped wasting money on getting wasted and wasting money to pay a babysitter to watch my kids so that I could go get wasted. Errrr... A little bitter? No, not me! In the big scheme of things, NYE doesn't really matter much. I must figure out something special to do on New Years Day! Other than watch the OWN network that will be launched that day!

All right guys- just thought I would share! Cheers!
I think it's a sign of maturity when you've moved on from getting plastered for the sake of getting plastered. I don't think it's necessarily a matter of getting old and getting boring. Rather, it's a sign of clarity and perspective; getting drunk is not worth the aftermath of getting drunk.

This year I think I'm going to spend a quiet evening out at my house (assuming I can manage to dig through the snowdrifts up the driveway and to the front door!), throw a log in the fireplace, drink a glass or two of some earthy Bourdeaux that I can't pronounce, and just reflect on a year that was arguably the most difficult I've ever experienced. I'm glad to see it end; however, I am grateful that I am entering the new year a changed person with a newfound sense of self-assurance. The new year is still a question mark, but I am hopeful.
Old 12-29-2010, 12:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Mom is having a double mastectomy on January 14- thanks for all of the support and well wishes!
While I'm very sorry that she has to go through this procedure, if they can get all the cancer, that's ALL that matters.

Wow, January 14th. I lost my Mom to cancer, 8 years ago, on January 14th.
Old 12-29-2010, 01:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kena View Post
Looks like I'm going to be spending New Years Eve at home in my jammies. What happened to the days when I got dressed up all pretty and went out with my friends and smiled and danced and thought I was the most beautiful popular lady around and this was completely validated by the crowds of people all around me and the generosity of other? Oh yeah, I stopped getting wasted all the time. The crowd? I stopped going to the popular bar. The generous people? I stopped letting random people buy me drinks. I stopped wasting money on getting wasted and wasting money to pay a babysitter to watch my kids so that I could go get wasted. Errrr... A little bitter? No, not me! In the big scheme of things, NYE doesn't really matter much. I must figure out something special to do on New Years Day! Other than watch the OWN network that will be launched that day!

All right guys- just thought I would share! Cheers!
Life is a bowl of cherries!
My band is OFF, for the first New Year's Eve, since I've been an adult. I've got an invitation, to the hottest party in town. I plan on getting drunk, dancing, drinking some more, making out, drinking some more, getting laid, falling asleep, then eating breakfast!
JTIS!
Old 12-29-2010, 01:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
A friend of mine who is 38 (or thereabouts), had a double mastectomy back in October. I saw her a few weeks ago and she is doing great! She said it was hard the first two or three weeks. Just doing stuff we take for granted, like opening doors or reaching for a plate in the cabinet. Because the muscles you use to do that have to mend from the surgery.

But since the masetectomy, she has had reconstructive surgery and seems to healing quite beautifully.

It's a long road, but I've seen my friend come out the other end and she is really doing well. I really wish the same outcome for your mom.

Stay strong!
Old 12-29-2010, 05:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm really dreading my return to Seattle on Sunday. Being home is SO NICE.
Old 12-29-2010, 06:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Rosé wine is delicious.

However. I discovered that my dad's side of the family are not people I'd choose to hang out with.

Old 12-29-2010, 07:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Finished my first-ever handbag today. Feeling very smug

Front:
Inside:
Back:
Old 12-29-2010, 10:20 PM
petep9000
This message has been deleted by petep9000.
Old 12-29-2010, 10:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by petep9000 View Post
I took 1 mg of Ativan instead of .5
I'm drinking a Beck's Dark beer, with a side of whiskey and Sprite. Cuz that's how I roll!
Old 12-29-2010, 11:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by petep9000 View Post
I took 1 mg of Ativan instead of .5
What's the special occasion?
Old 12-30-2010, 04:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

It's the summer holidays in Australia.
Incredibly bored... and it doesn't help that I only really one friend. Man, I feel lonely.
Old 12-30-2010, 08:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
What's the special occasion?
He must have fallen asleep before he could respond.
Old 12-30-2010, 09:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
He must have fallen asleep before he could respond.
Ha ha... I could use some meds myself today. One of my back teeth has been bothering me for a while, but it is now a constant, agonizing pain. Last night I finally looked to see what was going on, and the problem tooth has literally turned gray- like one burnt out bulb in a vanity lighting fixture. I hardly slept due to the pain. I'm no dentist, but I strongly suspect that a root canal is on my list of things to do today.
Old 12-30-2010, 11:17 AM
Registered

^ Good luck, Hejira. Ouch. I find if I have a sore tooth, repeated constant brushing and then showering with the water way too hot and letting it hit the tooth helps a lot, til I break down and see the dentist. Of course- your way- seeing a dentist at first indication- should work even better!
Dentistry in my 20s was the beginning of my 20 year descent into loving percocet- I was in agonizing pain, took one, and not only was the pain gone, I was euphoric. Decided the following day I'd tough out the pain with Tylenol, and save the percocet for when I wasn't in pain.
It was a glorious introduction that I never quite recaptured. Some 12 years (?) after the dental experience, my shrink determined that I needed the drug, twice daily, and the euphoria I told her of was the tip-off, after every anti-depressant we tried had failed. Me and happy just never entwined.
If I had great, healthy teeth, I'd never have tried the drug.

Last edited by Nikolaj; 12-30-2010 at 11:41 AM..
Old 12-30-2010, 01:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolaj View Post
^ Good luck, Hejira. Ouch. I find if I have a sore tooth, repeated constant brushing and then showering with the water way too hot and letting it hit the tooth helps a lot, til I break down and see the dentist. Of course- your way- seeing a dentist at first indication- should work even better!
Dentistry in my 20s was the beginning of my 20 year descent into loving percocet- I was in agonizing pain, took one, and not only was the pain gone, I was euphoric. Decided the following day I'd tough out the pain with Tylenol, and save the percocet for when I wasn't in pain.
It was a glorious introduction that I never quite recaptured. Some 12 years (?) after the dental experience, my shrink determined that I needed the drug, twice daily, and the euphoria I told her of was the tip-off, after every anti-depressant we tried had failed. Me and happy just never entwined.
If I had great, healthy teeth, I'd never have tried the drug.
Thanks... trust me, I've been putting this off way too long. It's only now gotten to the point where the pain is unbearable. And I certainly have had my share of synthetic opiate fun! If the side effects weren't so bad, I think everyone should be taking them! We would have world peace. Depression would be eradicated. People would be too euphoric to deal with problems... Every day would be the best day ever! Alas, nobody has been able to figure out how to make it non-addictive.
Old 12-30-2010, 02:12 PM
petep9000
This message has been deleted by petep9000.