User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-26-2010, 07:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
tilthefirefades has exceeded their stored private messages quota and can not accept further messages until they clear some space.
Ok, I deleted some
Old 12-26-2010, 09:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks for all the kind messages. Here we are yesterday:

We are going to see the surgeon tomorrow morning at 9:30am to find out exactly what we are dealing with. We had such a nice Christmas this year and I do think it was in part due to the knowledge of my mom's illness.
Old 12-26-2010, 09:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jannieC View Post
Thanks for all the kind messages. Here we are yesterday:

We are going to see the surgeon tomorrow morning at 9:30am to find out exactly what we are dealing with. We had such a nice Christmas this year and I do think it was in part due to the knowledge of my mom's illness.
what a nice picture~ i really hope all goes well~
Old 12-26-2010, 09:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

You are absolutely gorgeous, Jannie! I see the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, either... you and your Mother look especially alike! I hope everything turns out okay with your Mother's health... do keep us informed if you feel comfortable doing that.
Old 12-26-2010, 10:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
Do you have that pretty view out your window?! Count me as insanely jealous!!

We're having gorgeous, but cold weather here. Since it's the 360th day of the year, I thought I'd climb up and snap some pics of Austin's famed 360 Bridge

You're lucky to have hills, since the southern half of Florida is flat! The pretty bridges here we go over have to count as our hills. And we have canopy walks at some of the local parks overlooking everything for miles. No, I wanted to live inland some when I moved here because of the hurricanes and live about 10-15 minutes from the beaches depending on traffic. I got that snapshot from SeeSarasotaLive.com where they have a webcam out on Siesta Key. I wouldn't call it (cold) today, just very windy and blustery out from the weather up north. I have been out on the beach here though when the Gulf is crashing ashore and scary looking and the wind something terrible, and today was one of those days. It's supposed to warm back up later this week and I'll make it a beach day then.
Old 12-26-2010, 10:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fringed n fab View Post
I got that snapshot from SeeSarasotaLive.com where they have a webcam out on Siesta Key.
Thanks for the tip Shane. I'll be watching out for you when the daylight comes.
http://www.seesarasotalive.com/
Old 12-26-2010, 10:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Thanks for the tip Shane. I'll be watching out for you when the daylight comes.
http://www.seesarasotalive.com/
Hah. Just look for chiffon and fringe blowing in the wind... or I could just hide as myself and you might never know.

Nah, I look about the same really either way. I would love to go out there in some of my stuff now that I won't melt in the summer 110 degree heat. It gets way too humid hot for layers down here in the summer. But I love all that beautiful stuff
Old 12-26-2010, 10:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
You're lucky to have hills, since the southern half of Florida is flat! The pretty bridges here we go over have to count as our hills. And we have canopy walks at some of the local parks overlooking everything for miles. No, I wanted to live inland some when I moved here because of the hurricanes and live about 10-15 minutes from the beaches depending on traffic.
Yeah, I wanted to live in the hills on the western side of Austin since that's where I grew up. The Carolina piedmont was pretty flat, and the trees were so tall and thick you never got to see the sky... no sunsets, only a few stars at night, no big vistas. Thankfully the hills are very big here, and the trees are very small... so I get to see sunsets, stars, and big views everywhere I go .

And I don't blame you regarding the hurricanes. We had a hurricane flood us a couple of years ago, and lost our car (it was submerged in 6 feet of water), lost everything on the first floor of our townhouse (we had 4 feet of water inside), had to swim out of our condo, etc. So when I was searching for apartments here in Austin, I made sure to consult the floodplain maps. NEVER AGAIN!!
Old 12-26-2010, 11:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yeah, I wanted to live in the hills on the western side of Austin since that's where I grew up. The Carolina piedmont was pretty flat, and the trees were so tall and thick you never got to see the sky... no sunsets, only a few stars at night, no big vistas. Thankfully the hills are very big here, and the trees are very small... so I get to see sunsets, stars, and big views everywhere I go .

And I don't blame you regarding the hurricanes. We had a hurricane flood us a couple of years ago, and lost our car (it was submerged in 6 feet of water), lost everything on the first floor of our townhouse (we had 4 feet of water inside), had to swim out of our condo, etc. So when I was searching for apartments here in Austin, I made sure to consult the floodplain maps. NEVER AGAIN!!
I am so thankful we did not have any hurricanes this year, my first year here. I know we had a few tropical storms pass over various parts of the state but we never saw much come of them around here, I did love the cool skies all summer. Some mornings the cloud mixtures you get down here when it's half sunny/half raining look heavenly and tropical like nothing I've ever seen up north. It's weather like this below I have yet to see that would both fascinate me and scare the heck out of me at the same time, but just a part of living here. The seabreezes colliding from both bodies of water on each side of the state make for awesome skies sometimes down here.

Old 12-26-2010, 11:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I decided to finally venture out from The Forest of Classic Rock and bought a set of speakers for my wireless laptop. I'm streaming KROQ, a Los Angeles station that I used to listen to 25 years ago before moving to the Rain Forest, where very little new music exists on the radio (am I right Luke A?) So far I have 8 songs on my list to burn from Amazon.com.

I feel like a KID again!
Old 12-26-2010, 11:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I am so thankful we did not have any hurricanes this year, my first year here. I know we had a few tropical storms pass over various parts of the state but we never saw much come of them around here, I did love the cool skies all summer. Some mornings the cloud mixtures you get down here when it's half sunny/half raining look heavenly and tropical like nothing I've ever seen up north. It's weather like this below I have yet to see that would both fascinate me and scare the heck out of me at the same time, but just a part of living here. The seabreezes colliding from both bodies of water on each side of the state make for awesome skies sometimes down here.
Yeah, the skies are amazing down here too during the warmer weather months, tho we've gotten very little rain this year. This is my fav sunset we've had yet:

Old 12-27-2010, 12:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yeah, the skies are amazing down here too during the warmer weather months, tho we've gotten very little rain this year. This is my fav sunset we've had yet:

Awesome sunset Louie. I was coming back from the mall this evening about 5 00 and all of a sudden the biggest golden sunset burst through the blustery clouds we had off and on all day and lit the sky up here. And like your pic, you don't always have to be out on a beach to catch a glorious sunset
Old 12-27-2010, 01:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Big Sur, CA

Old 12-27-2010, 01:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

You win, Dani!

I went up to Lake Travis today, too since we're turning this into a pretty pic thread

Old 12-27-2010, 01:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You win, Dani!

I went up to Lake Travis today, too since we're turning this into a pretty pic thread

Ok everyone knows rule# 1 here that you don't go in any kind of freshwater because of alligators so how do you all do it in TX Louie? I know you have them. Or is it just extreme south Texas?