User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-21-2010, 06:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepless-Child View Post
Someone knows what happened to "golddustsongbird"? I don't know her personally, but i enjoyed her posts,so i wondered...oh well.
I was thinking the same thing! I miss Lisa!

Oh Yeah Christine McVie | Tumblr
Old 12-21-2010, 06:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterCookie View Post
I was thinking the same thing! I miss Lisa!
Yep, me too. What should we do? A thread? A facebook group/fan page ? Just kidding, but really. I hope someone knows where she is.
Old 12-21-2010, 04:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolaj View Post
^ ^
Informative, as always, aperfectlie. I am sorry that I missed the information you originally did provide, that the need to shower had partially caused the low reading, because of needing to refill the insulin pump and that the skin can't be wet when re-calibrating it all.
I usually need to read your writings twice, sometimes a third time, because there is so much information, so I go back, re-read, and find that you've usually already answered what I wondered about.
I don't know if you saw it, but in some thread, somewhere, last week, I told you that I really believe that the medical profession needs you.
Should your studies lead you to medicine; be it biomedical engineering, becoming a medical researcher, nurse or doctor, or anything that you can lend that microscopic attention to detail you write with to, I think you'd have a brilliant career.
Of course, there is a huge possibility that you have interests in endeavors that have absolutely nothing to do with health care, and have been forced to use your mind and energy on diabetes simply because you have the intelligence and strong survival instincts. Likely, that mind of yours would find it stultifying to only focus on health related issues.
So by all means, go for the bliss, whatever it may be! One thing that really sucks about diabetes is that one never gets a break from it, not once a day, even- it's a relentless presence that demands attention, at all times.
Most people have no idea of how the disease touches every aspect of the person's life who has it. You are an inspiring example of someone who just handles a hardship expertly and does so in a matter-of-fact way without complaining or self-pity. You're amazing in that facet of your character, no bitching and moaning, just strength and intelligence. That is a great deal to be proud about.
Thank you so much! I am glad you actually listen to what I have to say. Many people have a lot of misconceptions about diabetes and when I try to inform them of things, they just tune me out, so thank you so much! And I have actually considered working in the medical field. However, I have a dilemma. If I were to take on a job in the medical field, I would definitely want it to be in a diabetes related field. Even if I was just a certified diabetes educator, I think it would be amazing! The dilemma tho is the fact that I believe so much in a cure and hope for one so much, but if I became a diabetes educator or an endocrinologist, I would be torn because a cure would mean my career would essentially be over. Given the choice, I'd much rather have a cure than a career, but I just can't bring myself to the position where I go into a field for diabetes but wake up every day hoping we can eliminate diabetes. Unless I was of course trying to find a cure! But I wouldn't even know where to start.
Old 12-21-2010, 05:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by APerfectLie View Post
The dilemma tho is the fact that I believe so much in a cure and hope for one so much, but if I became a diabetes educator or an endocrinologist, I would be torn because a cure would mean my career would essentially be over. Given the choice, I'd much rather have a cure than a career
No offense, but to hell with the career. Your health, is more important, than ANY amount of money, or status, in the world.

I'm a pretty successful guy, but I can guarantee you, that money doesn't buy happiness. You can't buy a good life. You find one.
Old 12-21-2010, 06:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yesterday my blood sugar fluctuated from the low 60s to the upper 400s. Today, it has been steadily hovering around 130. Oh diabetes.

Photobucket
I so can relate to your post, my bro is diabetic & on the pump, oh my, the high's the lows what a bitch this disease can be! His wife of 30 years recently divorced him and he is now living alone. We have him check in daily on FB just to make sure he's ok. I've had to leave work a couple times to go check on him as he didnt check in and low & behold he was out of it had couldnt get him out & would end upcalling 911. It was one thing when his wihe & kids were there, but now it tough! I feel for ya dude!!

~Rick Nick's~
Old 12-21-2010, 09:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

There would be no difference in what I write even if I used invisible ink. There's nobody interested enough to read, nobody there to acknowledge the effort taken. In the end it's all just empty and hollow words from a person who doesn't exist outside of the letters. Just one cut off of communication and they'd cease to be to me. They'd cease to care that I was ever in their lives, and get on as though I had never impacted them. They care not for my tears, my hurt exaserbated by their ignorance and inability to be kind. I know not one person able or willing enough to see how I feel, wholly and truelly. My feelings are selfish, that's all they know. I'm forbidden to be hurt by any wrong doing they may commit against me, yet they pick and choose the most innocent of acts to throw at me and dramatise. This emptyness is suffocating me.
Old 12-21-2010, 10:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockAlot View Post
I so can relate to your post, my bro is diabetic & on the pump, oh my, the high's the lows what a bitch this disease can be! His wife of 30 years recently divorced him and he is now living alone. We have him check in daily on FB just to make sure he's ok. I've had to leave work a couple times to go check on him as he didnt check in and low & behold he was out of it had couldnt get him out & would end upcalling 911. It was one thing when his wihe & kids were there, but now it tough! I feel for ya dude!!
Yeah, I live alone in Austin and my moms calls me every day to make sure I'm okay. It gets annoying, but I understand her fear!
Old 12-21-2010, 11:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Springs View Post
There would be no difference in what I write even if I used invisible ink. There's nobody interested enough to read, nobody there to acknowledge the effort taken. In the end it's all just empty and hollow words from a person who doesn't exist outside of the letters. Just one cut off of communication and they'd cease to be to me. They'd cease to care that I was ever in their lives, and get on as though I had never impacted them. They care not for my tears, my hurt exaserbated by their ignorance and inability to be kind. I know not one person able or willing enough to see how I feel, wholly and truelly. My feelings are selfish, that's all they know. I'm forbidden to be hurt by any wrong doing they may commit against me, yet they pick and choose the most innocent of acts to throw at me and dramatise. This emptyness is suffocating me.
This message board does not sum up one's self worth and you're taking it and people way too seriously. Have you tried an outside life and friends?
Old 12-22-2010, 05:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fringed n fab View Post
This message board does not sum up one's self worth and you're taking it and people way too seriously. Have you tried an outside life and friends?
Well thank you for your concern but my post had nothing remotely to do with the board. I was merely using the platform to vent about an "outside" issue. I have an outside life and friends aplenty. Thank you for your concern....

Last edited by Silver Springs; 12-22-2010 at 05:59 AM..
Old 12-22-2010, 06:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Springs View Post

I don't know if it has something to do with your issues, but i learned a long time ago that people care for you only when you're happy, because it's a lot easier. I tried to change that, in every way possible, but in the end, they don't really care, even if they hurt you. and i'm not being pessimistic. So...just try to cheer up. You're young, i guess, and it's the perfect time for you to be happy.
Old 12-22-2010, 10:48 AM
Senior Ledgie

Having an anxious day. Why of all days do I have to be anxious today?
Old 12-22-2010, 11:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yeah, I live alone in Austin and my moms calls me every day to make sure I'm okay. It gets annoying, but I understand her fear!
Good for you, (your understanding) can't express the fear I have when I need to drive 15 miles to his house to check on him not knowing what I might find! Its tough on all concerned.

~Rick Nick's~
Old 12-22-2010, 04:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

You don't put weight on at Christmas. That's our little gift from Jesus. Though I never was too much of a fan of Christmas. I had a bad experience one year. Santa woke me up in the middle of the night and told me that my Dad didn't exist.

*Ba dum dum*
Old 12-22-2010, 07:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Christmas holidays from college, sewing gifts for friends, Gabriel Byrne movie, Pepsi, peace and quiet. What a blissful evening

JTIS
Old 12-22-2010, 10:07 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepless-Child View Post
Someone knows what happened to "golddustsongbird"? I don't know her personally, but i enjoyed her posts,so i wondered...oh well.
That Canadian chick? - meh, she's ok.