User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-18-2018, 08:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
I was in the car when I heard it--almost hit a tree and then came home and watched Destiny Rules to reassure myself I am not crazy. SHe's the queen of revisionist history.
I'm gonna go with 'lying sack of sh&t'. And to quote her, "I used to love you so much".
Old 05-18-2018, 08:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
I'm gonna go with 'lying sack of sh&t'. And to quote her, "I used to love you so much".
SPOT ON! That's how I feel. "I used to love you so much"
Old 05-18-2018, 10:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
"we love lindsey and we want all his dreams to come true but i have to go with what is best for my band and no one wants a double album from people in their 50s"

This is how she plays the press, and because no one fact checks, she gets away with it. And she knows it.
We really, really need a vomit emoticon here.
Old 05-19-2018, 05:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
"we love lindsey and we want all his dreams to come true but i have to go with what is best for my band and no one wants a double album from people in their 50s"

This is how she plays the press, and because no one fact checks, she gets away with it. And she knows it.
Exactly. She is a complete liar and I’ve come to dislike her so much. Nobody bothers to fact check or call her out because heaven forbid we insult the queen. I find her to be incredibly loathsome.
Old 05-19-2018, 07:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal View Post
Currently falling in love with "Miranda" all over again, never having listened to it through headphones before!
I've heard "Miranda" and a slew of other "Say You Will" tracks - I've always loved that album, especially the harmonies of Lindsey and Stevie.

But, what this station has really awaken me to is the pre-Rumours songs by Christine! I created a playlist on my iPod which includes "Just Crazy Love" "Remember Me" (playing now on FM Radio), "Come a Little Bit Closer" "Keep on Going" "The Way Feel" "Why" and others... not over produced, but just straight forward rock and roll.

Headed out to the farmer's market for shopping and taking Christine with me.
Old 05-19-2018, 09:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
I've heard "Miranda" and a slew of other "Say You Will" tracks - I've always loved that album, especially the harmonies of Lindsey and Stevie.

But, what this station has really awaken me to is the pre-Rumours songs by Christine! I created a playlist on my iPod which includes "Just Crazy Love" "Remember Me" (playing now on FM Radio), "Come a Little Bit Closer" "Keep on Going" "The Way Feel" "Why" and others... not over produced, but just straight forward rock and roll.

Headed out to the farmer's market for shopping and taking Christine with me.
A lot of pre-Rumours are Christine's best in her entire career.
Old 05-19-2018, 11:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Heard this today on the Sirius FM channel. Beautiful number from Christine.

Old 05-19-2018, 11:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
A lot of pre-Rumours are Christine's best in her entire career.
I have to agree with this. Not to take away from her 1975+ output, but she has some absolute gems in the years before that.

This is what also irks me about Stevie saying that they could never play anything from before 1975 because of others in the band (obviously referencing Lindsey). First of all, we all know that's not completely true mostly in the early years when they joined. But why the hell wasn't Christine ever pushing for her OWN material that predated the L/S era to be played live? If Stevie has always been so in love with that stuff why didn't she ever push to try something out from that era during the 2003-2015 tours? Give up that plodding dull as rocks Rhiannon that you've been trotting out for 20 years and try something from the Fleetwood Mac canon that you didn't write or have involvement with recording!
Old 05-19-2018, 11:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
If Stevie has always been so in love with that stuff why didn't she ever push to try something out from that era during the 2003-2015 tours? Give up that plodding dull as rocks Rhiannon that you've been trotting out for 20 years and try something from the Fleetwood Mac canon that you didn't write or have involvement with recording!
Because it's CLEARLY now the $tevie Nick$ show. Even if she was the biggest star before, it felt more balanced.

Tony Danza ain't the boss, here.
Old 05-19-2018, 01:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
I have to agree with this. Not to take away from her 1975+ output, but she has some absolute gems in the years before that.

This is what also irks me about Stevie saying that they could never play anything from before 1975 because of others in the band (obviously referencing Lindsey). First of all, we all know that's not completely true mostly in the early years when they joined. But why the hell wasn't Christine ever pushing for her OWN material that predated the L/S era to be played live? If Stevie has always been so in love with that stuff why didn't she ever push to try something out from that era during the 2003-2015 tours? Give up that plodding dull as rocks Rhiannon that you've been trotting out for 20 years and try something from the Fleetwood Mac canon that you didn't write or have involvement with recording!
Christine's songs were always excellently written musically and lyrically. Lindsey just made them more commercial. To quote Lindsey about the 1975 album "OMG, Fleetwood Mac WITH HITS "
Old 05-19-2018, 01:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

LOVE THE CHANNEL!! Better than expected. XM RADIO ROCKS!!!
Old 05-19-2018, 01:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Christine's songs were always excellently written musically and lyrically. Lindsey just made them more commercial. To quote Lindsey about the 1975 album "OMG, Fleetwood Mac WITH HITS "
Sadly, despite his production talents, the man is no good at not preventing a decade long morning house-dance ritual. And thus his talents shall be banished to elsewhere!
Old 05-19-2018, 03:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Exactly. She is a complete liar and I’ve come to dislike her so much. Nobody bothers to fact check or call her out because heaven forbid we insult the queen. I find her to be incredibly loathsome.

Okay, let's remember that at one point they DID want to do a double-album so this was always an issue they were going back and forth on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQOjptfZLJ4

Stevie's comments against a double-album start in the 27:00 mark.

BUT

Stevie's comments pro-double album start at 40:25, and if you back it up a little bit you hear Lindsey and Mick talking pros and cons too.

At some point they decided against it.

Just more perspective about her supposed lies.
Old 05-19-2018, 03:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieandChris View Post
Okay, let's remember that at one point they DID want to do a double-album so this was always an issue they were going back and forth on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQOjptfZLJ4

Stevie's comments against a double-album start in the 27:00 mark.

BUT

Stevie's comments pro-double album start at 40:25, and if you back it up a little bit you hear Lindsey and Mick talking pros and cons too.

At some point they decided against it.

Just more perspective about her supposed lies.
Yeah they did end up deciding against it. And they were VERY against it to the point where they got in a lot of fights about it and Lindsey was really bitter and bitchy about it. So no, what she's saying that somehow SHE fought tooth and nail for it to be a double album is just bizarre.
Old 05-19-2018, 03:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
Yeah they did end up deciding against it. And they were VERY against it to the point where they got in a lot of fights about it and Lindsey was really bitter and bitchy about it. So no, what she's saying that somehow SHE fought tooth and nail for it to be a double album is just bizarre.
The argument about the running order is covered in the documentary, as someone already stated. Mick talks about it. Is this the same argument? Do we know for sure at the last minute that SHE *didn't* want the double album? Who made the final decision?

EDITED: Found it. Was the same fight. And at 1:08:15... after the fights about it, Lindsey says it was his call to make it a single album.

Last edited by StevieandChris; 05-19-2018 at 04:06 PM..