Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-24-2007, 09:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Smile

I rest my case! You can not intimidate me into silence by your brutish behavior. The woman is an amoral PIG and the book worthless trash! Look for it next year in the 99 cent store!

CarolC
Old 08-24-2007, 10:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by carol7lynn View Post
I rest my case! You can not intimidate me into silence by your brutish behavior. The woman is an amoral PIG and the book worthless trash! Look for it next year in the 99 cent store!

CarolC
As a matter of interest do you think Lindsey is amoral? this is a genuine question by the way.

Gail
Old 08-24-2007, 04:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Damn...

I read through this whole thread on an off day and...goodnight!!! Where do I begin?

Even though it's said he could probably care less at this point, I still kind of wonder about Lindsey's own reaction to this. He can't possibly just brush off this long novel from a significant ex (the inspiration for some fairly powerful songs from him) that gives insight into some very private and not-so-pretty moments of his past. Or maybe he will, don't know. But I love that he has said absolutely nothing.

Then again, I think Lindsey has always been mute about things people say about him unless he's provoked to respond. For the most part. But I kind of want to hear his reaction to some of the things written in this book...just because.

BTW: read the book, and I still love him the same way...

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL
Old 08-24-2007, 05:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart

Gail,

Not to sound pedantic but your question about Lindsey's moral character is not the issue here. The issue is quite straight forward and has nothing to do with anyone's character other than CAH's. The issue is this: I feel, right or wrong, that Storms is a worthless piece of trash written by a scorned ex-girlfriend who has a history of behaving amorally just to make a buck and get back the spotlight she lost twenty odd years ago. A handful of other posters do not agree and have personally attacked me, calling me everything from a self-righteous religious zealot to a Pig (myself) in an attempt to silence me and/or distract the community from the real issue at hand.

A more appropriate side-issue, therefore, that runs through-out this particular thread and the board in general, is the unwillingness of a handful of posters to agree to disagree. It's a shame that these people are here but they are. Most boards have them. They seem to be more interested in winning than in the open exchange of information/opinions among a community of people who happen to like the same thing; in this case FWM.

Someone commented on that very fact on Mick's BB, not too long ago, when the Ledge was down and we were wondering if it was ever going to come back up. That poster referred to such behavior as "nastiness." I call it bullying which is the real issue at hand here and has nothing to do with a difference of opinion. It almost seems as if this group does it for sport! Let's hope so because any other motivation is just too disturbing to contemplate.

CarolC

Last edited by carol7lynn; 08-24-2007 at 05:21 PM.. Reason: spelling error
Old 08-24-2007, 06:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^^ I don't think Gail said that Lindsey was the "issue" in this conversation. She clearly stated that she was curious about your opinion as a "matter of interest" and indicated that her question was genuine. It seems to me she was trying to engage you in some lively debate and conversation. However, you chose not to respond and instead continued to focus on some perceived group of bullies on this board.

From my perspective, I think people have tried to engage you in debate but when they don't agree with you, you consider it bullying in some attempt to silence you.

I think some have just been taken aback by what they perceive as an extremely vitriolic opinion about a woman you don't know. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but your continued responses of called her a PIG, etc. make it seem like you have some sort of personal attachment to the situation.
Old 08-24-2007, 06:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Carol,
You're saying you can judge CAH on the basis of this book, which is fine that's up to you, but people here aren't allowed to judge you on the basis of your posts and things you've said on a public messageboard?
I'm geniunely confused by your argument.

Last edited by trackaghost; 08-24-2007 at 06:12 PM..
Old 08-24-2007, 06:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by carol7lynn View Post
Gail,

Not to sound pedantic but your question about Lindsey's moral character is not the issue here. The issue is quite straight forward and has nothing to do with anyone's character other than CAH's. The issue is this: I feel, right or wrong, that Storms is a worthless piece of trash written by a scorned ex-girlfriend who has a history of behaving amorally just to make a buck and get back the spotlight she lost twenty odd years ago. A handful of other posters do not agree and have personally attacked me, calling me everything from a self-righteous religious zealot to a Pig (myself) in an attempt to silence me and/or distract the community from the real issue at hand.

A more appropriate side-issue, therefore, that runs through-out this particular thread and the board in general, is the unwillingness of a handful of posters to agree to disagree. It's a shame that these people are here but they are. Most boards have them. They seem to be more interested in winning than in the open exchange of information/opinions among a community of people who happen to like the same thing; in this case FWM.

Someone commented on that very fact on Mick's BB, not too long ago, when the Ledge was down and we were wondering if it was ever going to come back up. That poster referred to such behavior as "nastiness." I call it bullying which is the real issue at hand here and has nothing to do with a difference of opinion. It almost seems as if this group does it for sport! Let's hope so because any other motivation is just too disturbing to contemplate.

CarolC
Who is this group of bullies you speak of, anyway? Just anyone who challenges your opinion?
Old 08-24-2007, 06:28 PM
Registered, No Membership

Paula's Cronies?

Carrie's Crusaders?

Dumbledore's Army?
Old 08-24-2007, 06:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I must admit Carol does remind me of an ex-Ledgie who used to constantly criticise Lindsey's wife Kristin for being amoral for having children out of wedlock (even though I think if was just their first kid born before they got married), but adored and worshipped Stevie and Lindsey, hardly bastions of morality themselves.
But I guess I'll be accused of being a bully for pointing that out

Last edited by trackaghost; 08-24-2007 at 07:02 PM..
Old 08-24-2007, 06:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackaghost View Post
I must admit Carol does remind me of an ex-Ledgie who used to constantly criticise Lindsey's wife Kristin for being amoral for having children out of wedlock, but adored and worshipped Stevie and Lindsey, hardly bastions of morality themselves.
I was just about to bring this up. The whole thing really did strike me as familiar.

But Sharon, how can you say Stevie is not a bastion of morality? When God invented the word 'saint' it was only because he misspelled the word 'stevie'. Lord, child, the woman doesn't even defecate! She's perfection, damnit! Got that?
Old 08-24-2007, 07:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Sorry Vanessa, sometimes I forget
May the ~goddess~ forgive me for my sins.
Old 08-24-2007, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danax6 View Post
I was just about to bring this up. The whole thing really did strike me as familiar.

But Sharon, how can you say Stevie is not a bastion of morality? When God invented the word 'saint' it was only because he misspelled the word 'stevie'. Lord, child, the woman doesn't even defecate! She's perfection, damnit! Got that?
I've never seen the words defecate and Stevie in the same post!!! lololol ever!!
Old 08-25-2007, 03:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by camchristo View Post
^^ I don't think Gail said that Lindsey was the "issue" in this conversation. She clearly stated that she was curious about your opinion as a "matter of interest" and indicated that her question was genuine. It seems to me she was trying to engage you in some lively debate and conversation. However, you chose not to respond and instead continued to focus on some perceived group of bullies on this board.
Yes it was a genuine question and I would have been interested in the response.

It seems that if you call someone "amoral" then that must be based on a set of criteria and I was interested in what those criteria were.

Gail
Old 08-25-2007, 11:19 AM
Junior Ledgie

How can anyone consider Stevie perfect! Everyone in the band had thier flaws. And Stevie was no different.
Old 08-25-2007, 11:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by scortman00 View Post
How can anyone consider Stevie perfect! Everyone in the band had thier flaws. And Stevie was no different.
Christine used to be Perfect, then she married John

Gail