User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-16-2012, 08:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Springs View Post
O_o? Is this real? It doesn't look like them at all.
The word is it was taken at a wedding. That's all I know.
Old 02-16-2012, 12:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
^

Here's a new BN pic for all the shippers --- and even you non shippers who may be interested in seeing it :
Hmmm. Very unique and young Stevie already has a style.

Michele
Old 06-11-2012, 08:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Flavor Wire
http://www.flavorwire.com/298037/10-...-would-reunite

10 Musical Couples We Wish Would Reunite
by Russ Marshalek. Posted on 4:00 pm Monday Jun 11, 2012

Music is a passionate occupation to pursue, and it makes sense that some of our favorite musicians have, well, hooked up with some of our other favorite musicians in fiery ways throughout the years. This is something we’ve been chewing on ever since we first got former Fleetwood Mac co-figurehead Lindsey Buckingham’s last solo record, Seeds We Sow. While on tour for the record he’s been nothing but immaculate, and the album’s full of the sort of mind-boggling guitar work that Buckingham’s known for (yet still ridiculously underrated in), but we’re going to say what’s still on everyone’s mind: we miss the self- (and others-)lacerating songs Buckingham was creating when he was still under the spell of Stevie Nicks. After reading that, regardless of what rumors may be, Buckingham’s in no hurry to create with Fleetwood Mac any time in the near future, we took to daydreaming about what other musical couples we’d like to see back together for various reasons: to be one another’s muses, to restore our sense of wellbeing, or just to be incredibly attractive together. Read through for 10 of our picks, and tell us, won’t you, who you think we’ve missed in the comments.

When Buckingham showed up on the metaphorical doorstep of Fleetwood Mac insisting that he and then girlfriend Stevie Nicks (of Buckingham and Nicks, of course!) were a package deal, it was the chaos butterfly moment about which thousands (OK, maybe hundreds) of books and articles would be written. From that day on, Fleetwood Mac became synonymous with sex, substance abuse, studio wizardry/insanity (see: Tusk), and some of the greatest rock music ever recorded.

Buckingham and Nicks pushed each other as they accosted each other through song, and the masochists then proceeded to tour their songs of hating, cheating, and despising each other and play them, together, night after night, to stadium-sized crowds. Everything that needs to be said is in the video above, of Buckingham and Nicks performing “Landslide” together during their The Dance reunion tour: after facing each other during this ridiculously emotional performance, they kiss each other off with a barbed “thank you Lindsey”/”thank you Stevie.” We need more of this. Buckingham’s an incredible guitarist on his own, but with Nicks around as muse he was just so much more… fierce.
Old 06-11-2012, 10:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE=CADreaming;1038536]

Is he trying to "disassemble" her as a banana?
Old 06-12-2012, 06:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE=Chris_Lover;1054126]
Quote:

Is he trying to "disassemble" her as a banana?
LOL! This was during the "booty-shake" segment of the Unleashed encore. It was short-lived, but apparently was part of some sort of special BN bonding ritual. You've heard of dancing "cheek to cheek"? Similar, minus the dancing and use of a different set of cheeks.

Last edited by CADreaming; 06-12-2012 at 06:33 AM..
Old 11-18-2012, 09:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Old 11-20-2012, 09:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

^^ killer. i can't look away
Old 12-24-2012, 06:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie.. what?
Old 12-24-2012, 11:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post

Stevie.. what?
LOL! Where did you find this?? I saw another one from SYW a long time ago where she did this but it was a .gif like this, I've never seen the complete videos. It's like the move he does to her in the Tusk fight and that old Rumours era pic:

Old 12-25-2012, 08:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
LOL! Where did you find this?? I saw another one from SYW a long time ago where she did this but it was a .gif like this, I've never seen the complete videos. It's like the move he does to her in the Tusk fight and that old Rumours era pic:

She also does it to the audience, once. And then another time to Lindsey and he reciprocates:

Old 12-25-2012, 09:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post

She also does it to the audience, once. And then another time to Lindsey and he reciprocates:

Oh! This must be her 55th birthday show. Lol. I read about this. They said it was the first time Lindsey's kids were at a show.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart

You know, talking about Say Goodbye made me think of what songs you would play for someone if you were trying to get them into SnL.

For me, it's not Say Goodbye. That just looks odd. The only thing odder was Lindsey swinging his amplifier cord at Stevie for the Tusk dance at the beginning of the tour (which he later stopped doing, thankfully).

I also am not really moved by SS on the Dance dvd. I actually think SnL had some great SS moments during the tour itself, but the Dance dvd doesn't get me going.

As for concert moments that make me ship I would name these:

1. The Chain on the Mirage video. Just the way Stevie is staring at Lindsey like he is insane gets to me.

2. Staring in general on The Dance. Stevie is staring at Lindsey and Lindsey is often staring at Christine. Well, his eyes aren't drilling a hole into Chris (like Stevie is doing with him), so maybe stare isn't the right word, but when he is standing away from his mic, he is making eye contact with Chris as he plays.

3. SOTM when Lindsey lays on Stevie's back. Yum.

4. Angel, playful Lindsey is just the most adorable thing ever (which is also true in the Seven Wonders video). When he is silly, I am smitten.

Moments that make a ship take sail.

Michele
Old 01-08-2013, 10:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
You know, talking about Say Goodbye made me think of what songs you would play for someone if you were trying to get them into SnL.

For me, it's not Say Goodbye. That just looks odd. The only thing odder was Lindsey swinging his amplifier cord at Stevie for the Tusk dance at the beginning of the tour (which he later stopped doing, thankfully).

I also am not really moved by SS on the Dance dvd. I actually think SnL had some great SS moments during the tour itself, but the Dance dvd doesn't get me going.

1. The Chain on the Mirage video. Just the way Stevie is staring at Lindsey like he is insane gets to me.

2. Staring in general on The Dance. Stevie is staring at Lindsey and Lindsey is often staring at Christine. Well, his eyes aren't drilling a hole into Chris (like Stevie is doing with him), so maybe stare isn't the right word, but when he is standing away from his mic, he is making eye contact with Chris as he plays.

4. Angel, playful Lindsey is just the most adorable thing ever (which is also true in the Seven Wonders video). When he is silly, I am smitten.

Michele
i can always ship Lindsey & Christine! love their kiss over Stevie's head at the end of the video. or Tusk tour interactions during Tusk with her on accordion.

re Lindsey and Stevie i think there are several versions of Landslide that are shipper-worthy, LiB version being one of them, also Letterman version.

i love the Chain in Mirage video, but that's pure hate there, not sure i'd call it sipper-inducing? but SOTM moment is a classic.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-08-2013, 10:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post

Michele
I definitely agree with the Mirage performance of The Chain. Intense is the best word for it! Really, I'd just plop a newbie down and have them watch all of the Mirage concert. I also love the silly LB moments, as you mentioned Angel during the Tusk tour and the Seven Wonders video. If I ever need a laugh I watch that video, it always makes me smile, even if the song is meh
Old 01-08-2013, 10:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i can always ship Lindsey & Christine! love their kiss over Stevie's head at the end of the video. or Tusk tour interactions during Tusk with her on accordion.

Tusk was good in the old days because they'd do that little hoe down, not just Chris and Lindsey but John too. And the way Chris was playing, in and out, up and down, it was like she was enjoying herself. It was like feeling band members jam, which is not always the vibe you got from them in concert.

Chris and Lindsey have a nice ship. I've said this before, but I would mark my Dance boots that way. If SnL did something during SS I would put that on the tape, so I could distinguish one concert from the other. Like if Lindsey came all the way across the stage to her during SS, I would put that down. But I would also put down what Lindsey and Chris did after the show. When they went to take their bows, sometimes she would walk across the stage directly into his arms and I would be sure to write that down!

Also, the GYOW interaction was nice because Lindsey would do something to all 3 of them. He would go to Stevie and nuzzle her every night, which was no big deal until the end of the tour when she moved away from him and he had to hunt her down. Then he would grab John around the neck and do everything to him and John would keep on playing the whole time. And he would go to Christine and he might kiss her or he might lean over and touch his head to hers at the piano. So sweet.

As for Mirage, The Chain, I don't see that as hate in Stevie's eyes. But if I was just coming to this band, I'd want to know exactly what that look was. I'd want to know the history behind it. I'd want to know what those 2 people were to each other. It would pull me in.

Michele