User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-15-2017, 04:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
Please Lindsey, just give me a strong melody, your natural voice with Christine harmonizing, and some of your magnificent guitar playing... that's all I ask.
this.
Quote:
We know at least one song on the album isn't like this: "Sleeping Around the Corner." I love that one and if the rest of the songs are more like that, then I know I will really enjoy the album.
i've been thinking that, yeah. see Sleeping Around the Corner is poppy Lindsey-lite i like. it was too lite for Seeds We Sow, but it's not too lite for Fleetwood Mac-y sound. in contrast, In My World? nope, not the kind of poppy LB-lite i like.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-15-2017, 04:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't know what you guys even mean by love grunts. He's voicing syllables. Not grunting as on Big Love.

I mean some people thought that the sounds on Big Love simulated passion. The IMW ow oh ow sounds don't do that at all.

Michele
Old 04-15-2017, 04:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

As for my opinion of the song... I also am dismayed that it is not more "organic." I feared this would be the case - Lindsey is so enamored of his little gadgets and voice manipulators - he can't leave them alone. He has a woman working with him with a lovely voice, but he'd rather speed up his own and harmonize with himself (if Christine is there, she's buried). Plus, just as I couldn't stand the fake female "love grunts" in "Big Love", I can't stand them here. Happily, there are far fewer of them.

Please Lindsey, just give me a strong melody, your natural voice with Christine harmonizing, and some of your magnificent guitar playing... that's all I ask.
^^
I've said this before but I basically think this has been the case for a lot of his stuff since OOTC. He loves his studio tricks so much it's all jumbled in his head and he has all these sounds going on. He still has a strong sense of melody and way with arrangement but he needs someone/something/someway to tone that production down.
Old 04-15-2017, 04:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
i am a bit surprised how you can love Lindsey's stuff on Say You Will but not Gift of Screws? it's the same batch of songs! and a lot on Seeds is just a natural progression from GOS/SYW stuff. of course, if you don't like Come... then . it goes seamlessly with his other SYW stuff. (unless you like What's the World? i can't stand that one.)
Yup I like "What's the world coming to."
I thought "Come" was annoying for some reason. Just didn't like it. Although I find it funny it's about his relationship with Anne Heche.
I enjoyed his stuff very much on ""SYW" and am one of the few on the Ledge that loved the whole album...minus the Anne Heche song
Old 04-15-2017, 04:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWildHeart67 View Post
I thought "Come" was annoying for some reason. Just didn't like it. Although I find it funny it's about his relationship with Anne Heche.
I enjoyed his stuff very much on ""SYW" and am one of the few on the Ledge that loved the whole album...minus the Anne Heche song
Come from the Boston concert is one of the best solos we've seen Lindsey ever perform
Old 04-15-2017, 04:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWildHeart67 View Post
ha we seem to have exactly opposite tastes!

you probably should give a whirl to GOS and SWS especially, if you love his SYW stuff. you might be surprised! (although you'll probably love exact songs that i can't stand - like Treason or Stars are Crazy. )

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-15-2017, 04:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Come from the Boston concert is one of the best solos we've seen Lindsey ever perform
Yup, I loved the guitar solo in the song during the "Boston" concert dvd.
Doesn't make me not want to skip the studio version when I play the "SYW" cd though.
Old 04-15-2017, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post

Come on
You can't hear it? 2:10 ish..
Old 04-15-2017, 04:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
you probably should give a whirl to GOS and SWS especially, if you love his SYW stuff. you might be surprised! (although you'll probably love exact songs that i can't stand - like Treason or Stars are Crazy. )
I have given GOS and SWS whirls. I didn't care for them.
Besides "OOTC" I am not really a big fan of his solo output.
Old 04-15-2017, 04:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
You can't hear it? 2:10 ish..
I hear what you allude to. Not in any way convinced its Christine though. If she was going to be included on the song I'm sure it wouldn't just be a small snippet of strange, nondescript, unrecognizable synth like that (as much as I like the sound). Nope, not her IMO.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 04-15-2017, 05:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I just listened to the EP (which oddly isn't on Apple Music or Spotify) again for the first time in a while, and decided that it probably would have been great had Stevie turned in 3 songs for this new album -- as much as I love the idea of a Fleetwood Mac project without her.
Old 04-15-2017, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
I hear what you allude to. Not in any way convinced its Christine though. If she was going to be included on the song I'm sure it wouldn't just be a small snippet of strange, nondescript, unrecognizable synth like that (as much as I like the sound). Nope, not her IMO.
It's John!!! He's a monster!!
Old 04-15-2017, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontlookdown View Post
I just listened to the EP (which oddly isn't on Apple Music or Spotify) again for the first time in a while, and decided that it probably would have been great had Stevie turned in 3 songs for this new album -- as much as I love the idea of a Fleetwood Mac project without her.
I wanted her on it for a bit. Then, I gave up. They balance out her gruff voice. It's better than her solo output imo. I enjoyed Stevie at every FM show I've been to.

I've seen many solo concerts and it's hit and miss.. Mostly.. uhhhhhh I can't take it anymore..

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 04-15-2017 at 05:46 PM..
Old 04-15-2017, 06:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Heard this on Graham Norton (Radio 2) today, cut off from the internet.

God I love this song. The descending chords in the chorus with the major sevenths at the end - beautiful, and so nostalgic - and that's the message of the song to me, Lindsey's looking back on what's happened and trying to create a new world where the wrong's turn to rights. The lyrics are very attacking of Stevie I think, saying "farewell" to her, and "in my world, everybody stays", that they don't need her (too right!). I love the percussion as well. With that and the acoustic guitar it's very "Say You Will" esque. It's so Fleetwood Mac with Mick and John APART from

Where are the harmonies? A lead single on a "duet" album and it's essentially a Lindsey solo track. Eh? Makes me thing his dominating personality hasn't completely gone away if he managed to get this out as the lead single. Why can't the verse harmonies be Christine, and not Lindsey?

But I don't care about that too much! It's new music, and it's beautiful. Can't wait for the album.
Old 04-15-2017, 06:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
this.

i've been thinking that, yeah. see Sleeping Around the Corner is poppy Lindsey-lite i like. it was too lite for Seeds We Sow, but it's not too lite for Fleetwood Mac-y sound. in contrast, In My World? nope, not the kind of poppy LB-lite i like.
Elle, can you tell me where I can find the solo version of Sleeping Around the Corner? I punched it into YouTube but it didn't come up.

Now, I was disappointed on my first listen to In My World, mainly because this is a duet album and the first song they release is clearly not a duet and doesn't have any contribution from Christine whatsoever, apart from maybe some not at all prominent keys.

However, after several listens it has grown on me. I now find it really catchy. Beats the **** out of ...I was going to say Miss Fantasy...but on second thought, In My World is about on par with Sad Angel and Miss Fantasy - both of which I enjoy.