Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-04-2014, 12:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
You either do or ya don't!
Now you slip now you slide...

Christine is BACK. She said she fancied living out of her suitcase, and being on the road with the band. Even after she finally, officially, this-time-I-really-really mean-it retired from touring, she still wanted to make records with the band (per reports at that time), but they said no, and she went solo. Sadly, not too much more from either McVie since then, but I think we can all agree that

THE Stephen Hopkins

Last edited by SteveMacD; 03-04-2014 at 12:58 AM..
Old 03-04-2014, 03:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
Definitely. That was one if the biggest reasons for her not being in the band for 15 years. She didn't want to tour anymore and they wouldn't let her record with them and not tour. It's part of the deal.
I don't see any situation in which Christine was denied recording with anyone. After the Behind the Mask tour, she effectively quit touring (and the band) by choice.
The Time-era band album featured a significant amount of Christine's contributions, though she kept herself arms length from the band, recorded with other musicians and had no interest performing with the band. The band went on tour as planned, sans Christine.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 03-04-2014 at 03:48 AM..
Old 03-04-2014, 08:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
I don't see any situation in which Christine was denied recording with anyone. After the Behind the Mask tour, she effectively quit touring (and the band) by choice.
The Time-era band album featured a significant amount of Christine's contributions, though she kept herself arms length from the band, recorded with other musicians and had no interest performing with the band. The band went on tour as planned, sans Christine.
Behind The Mask & Time were the albums where Lindsey was gone... it's been made pretty clear by Stevie that Lindsey is the one drawing the line in the sand with Christine in regards to "coming and going."
Old 03-04-2014, 08:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
Behind The Mask & Time were the albums where Lindsey was gone... it's been made pretty clear by Stevie that Lindsey is the one drawing the line in the sand with Christine in regards to "coming and going."
I don't think it's just Lindsey. I think their stance on the issue has just changed after the Time era tour. I think Mick feels the same as Lindsey.
Old 03-04-2014, 09:13 AM

She's already said she knows she has to tour. So there's not an issue with any of this anymore.
Old 03-04-2014, 08:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't know.... You guys have definitely got me thinking... At first I was thinking for sure it was Christine but now I'm not so sure...

I think Stevie will be there. Just because Stevie seems to be falling into a pattern where she does solo for a few years, then mac for a few years. She never really seems to cut right into one and do another, for the most of it. I think that she did all that In Your Dreams for quite some time, just finished the doc, touring with lady antebellum and Grohl.. I think now she just wants to return to her Mac family.
As of John.. he seems like the type that would want to get back ingot the studio asap. I can imagine he didn't do anything drastic while he was in treatment so he probably wants to get back to work now. As of Lindsey..... not sure..? He kinda seems like he runs the show now, aside from Mick. ( I think we can admit that they all do in their own ways but you know what I'm getting at) Pretty sure Lindsey will be there at least for sure during the beginning of recording just to get everything into order.
Mick is Mick... unless theres something going on we don't know about he'll be there.
And then there's Chris... I think everyone is avoiding the obvious here but I keep coming back to Christine being the one that won't join them, for various reasons. Maybe she already did her recording and is on her way until tour? Maybe she did what she needed to while she was here and now they're working with what they have? Then again you would think after all these years away from music and recording she'd want to hang around and just chill and have fun with it. UUUGH i don't know

Btw.... does anyone know where Christine even is right now? Did she fly back home or is she still in states?
Old 03-04-2014, 11:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
The Time-era band album featured a significant amount of Christine's contributions, though she kept herself arms length from the band, recorded with other musicians
Christine was on all of the Billy Burnette and Bekka Bramlett songs, and was on one of Dave Mason's songs (they redid "Blow By Blow", but I suspect she was on the original). She used her own guitarist on her songs, but that could have been done when they were all on the road. No, she didn't like Dave Mason, but she co-wrote a song with Billy Burnette on "In The Meantime".

Quote:
and had no interest performing with the band.
Well, she HAD retired from the road by that point. I don't think it really mattered who was in the band at that point.

Quote:
The band went on tour as planned, sans Christine.
No. They only toured before the album was released, not after. The plan to tour the album was scrapped after Lindsey recruited Mick, who in turn, broke the band up.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 03-05-2014, 09:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitewingdove View Post
Btw.... does anyone know where Christine even is right now? Did she fly back home or is she still in states?
Well, I was following her successfully for a while, but she must have slipped the micro tracking device I had clipped to her eyeglasses. Frustrating!

Old 03-05-2014, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango View Post
Well, I was following her successfully for a while, but she must have slipped the micro tracking device I had clipped to her eyeglasses. Frustrating!

Old 03-07-2014, 02:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango View Post

Not so fast: We haven't been able to identify the motive behind the hair clip. There may be others.
Old 03-20-2014, 06:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Producing New Album?

Has there been any info released on who is producing, or even engineering this album?

Are we all expecting a SYW type of set up again, where it's largely LB's show?
Old 03-20-2014, 07:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, Mitchell Froom and Lindsey, I guess.

Old 03-20-2014, 08:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan4136 View Post
Has there been any info released on who is producing, or even engineering this album?

Are we all expecting a SYW type of set up again, where it's largely LB's show?
well, weren't Rumours, Tusk, Mirage and Tango also largely Lindsey shows?

i actually expect it to be less of a Lindsey show than usually, this time around. i don't know why... maybe judging from what he said about This is 40 songs and Jon Brion's production.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-20-2014, 08:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

When I read this article about Lady Gaga, it really made me think of Fleetwood Mac:

http://nypost.com/2013/12/14/what-ha...-to-lady-gaga/

Why? The parts where it mentions the typical star's rise & fall from fame. Bands don't just make it because of their talent- they make it because of their talent combined with the talent of their producers, engineers, managers, stylists, etc. The article states that the beginning of the end of musical artists is when they either lose or fire these vital behind the scenes people. Seems pretty apt in Fleetwood Mac's case- when they shoved the likes of Richard Dashut, Ken Caillat, Judy Wong, and John Courage out the door, they completely fell apart.

I bring this up in this particular thread because the Mac NEEDS Richard & Ken. Extended Play was simply awful- they need to stay far, far away from Mitchell Froom. Lindsey is a great producer, don't get me wrong, but the band can still benefit hugely from an outside producer who is a good fit for them.
Old 03-20-2014, 08:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
Seems pretty apt in Fleetwood Mac's case- when they shoved the likes of Richard Dashut, Ken Caillat, Judy Wong, and John Courage out the door, they completely fell apart.
i thought it was drugs and alcohol on top of fame, and intraband love-hate relationships.

did Lindsey really listen to KC and RD on Tusk? Ken complains all the time that he didn't.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"