User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-19-2006, 09:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mageboy25
Kelly wasnt that bad. I hope someone gives her a real talk not to doubt herself on TV. Thats why everyone thinks shes bad, bc she called it 1st. Do what you know, and fake the rest.

I thought she really was that bad. She went completely out of key and basically wrecked the song. But I thought that before she acknowledged her badness. I do give her credit for admitting how horrible she was. Anyway, she's in no danger of being voted off, in spite of the fact that hers was the worst performance of the night.
Old 04-19-2006, 09:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brwn_eyes0511
My thoughts..

Chris - I usually am not a big fan of his.. and probably will never be.. he just isn't my cup of tea! However.. tonight I have to say he did a fantastic job..

Paris - AMAZING! I wanted to light up a cig., pour some wine, put on a tux and head out for a night of fun at the Coconut Grove in 1958.. just great.

Taylor - Started out a tad boring but he really nailed it at the end.. this guy has soul!

Elliot - I have to say I wasn't that impressed with his performance.. he did OK.. the vocals were there but it just came off as a tad boring.

Kellie - I LOVE LOVE LOVE "Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered" but boy oh boy did she screw this one up.. But I do have to give her credit for trying AND for KNOWING that she messed it up.

Ace - He sang one of my favorite songs.. EVER! "That's All" was perfected by my fav. singer Judy Garland in 1963.. so IMO anyone else's version will not even come close.. and his really just didn't "go there" for me.. That said, he did do much better than he has in a long while.. He is still fake and plastic to me.

Katharine - Glad they saved my girl for the end.. PERFECTION! She did this song justice.. and just was leaps and bounds better than everyone else tonight! And might I add.. this girl has a flawless complexion.. and I have High Definition TV.. so I see it all!

..overall this was the best night so far.. and this type of music is one of my favs. so I could be a bit biased!
This may be a first, folks - I completely agree with Brandon!

I was able to get through for Kellie, Ace & Elliot within a half hour, but the rest I couldn't get through for the rest of the night! So I agree, the best bet for the bottom 3 is Ace, Elliot & Kellie.

I think Kellie may go. She was truly bad last night - out of tune & not in time with the music. She really does deserve to go this time.
Old 04-19-2006, 10:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Interesting. I couldn't get through for Elliott until about an hour after the voting started. I don't think he'll win the whole thing, but I'm not ready for him to go yet. Pickler should definitely go, but at the least I would love to see her in the bottom 3.

"Don't f*&k with anyone's dog and don't ever date a musician."
Old 04-19-2006, 10:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mageboy25
I hope someone gives her a real talk not to doubt herself on TV. Thats why everyone thinks shes bad, bc she called it 1st.

Yup, and the votes will probably reflect that tonight. I bet she'll still be safe though.

I wasn't home last night so I taped the show. When I got back to watch it, I got mid-way through and then the stupid electrical storm we had last night knocked the power out so I didn't get to see the rest of it! ARGH! What I did see I wasn't all that jazzed about. I'm not a big fan of "the standards" so nothing really grabbed me.

Last edited by cliffdweller; 04-19-2006 at 11:48 AM..
Old 04-19-2006, 12:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin
This may be a first, folks - I completely agree with Brandon!

I was able to get through for Kellie, Ace & Elliot within a half hour, but the rest I couldn't get through for the rest of the night! So I agree, the best bet for the bottom 3 is Ace, Elliot & Kellie.

I think Kellie may go. She was truly bad last night - out of tune & not in time with the music. She really does deserve to go this time.
I agree with your bottom three prediction, but I don't think Kellie will go though she most definitely deserves it. Maybe she is now courting the votefortheworst.com vote to ensure that she stays around to stink up the joint for as long as possible!

Ace looked great in his suit (from the neck down, that is), but his hair looked so slimey. Ew.

I tried to vote for Katharine, Paris and Taylor (though his performance was totally dull until it got really good at the end). I could only get through once for Katharine before I gave up. I couldn't get through for Paris or Taylor at all.

Chris was not that special to me, though I appreciated that he wasn't screaming at us or channeling Live for once.

I think it will be Elliot who leaves tonight.

Last edited by Sorceress; 04-19-2006 at 01:35 PM..
Old 04-19-2006, 01:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorceress
I think it will be Elliot who leaves tonight.
Unfortunately, I agree. I think it's so WRONG though, because Elliott can actually sing and Ace can barely hold a note correctly. I am so sick of Ace!! Maybe we'll get lucky and he'll be voted off, but the chances don't look good
Old 04-19-2006, 05:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I am embarrassed. I didn't call in at all last night.

I do not want Elliott to go! Or even Ace! I want to hear more falsetto from Ace. Kellie can go.
Old 04-19-2006, 08:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Ace: "It's my time now"

Me: "No it ain't bitch, they just cut you off"

goodbye fake, plastic "straight" boy
Old 04-19-2006, 10:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

BYE BYE ACE!!!!

We need Scandal to perform Good Bye To You Queen in your honor!
Old 04-19-2006, 10:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Bye bye, Ace!!!

Pickler should have been in the bottom three.
Old 04-20-2006, 08:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySorcerer
Pickler should have been in the bottom three.
I think this proves she's untouchable now.

I'm so glad Elliott wasn't voted off, he wasn't even in the bottom three! Yay!

I can't believe Chris was in the bottom three

Glad to see Ace go. Don't let the door hit ya, I say.
Old 04-20-2006, 09:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm thinking this thing is fixed more & more. How is it that I couldn't get through for Chris or Paris for 2&1/2 hours and they ended up in the bottom 3? And I got through for Elliot right away, but he was safe? I guess the west coast reeeeeeaaallllyyy like Elliot? Hmmmmm...

Not that I'm complaining, Ace drove me nuts, I'm glad he's out.

Next week is "greatest love songs" with Andrea Bocelli (sp). Um, OK.
Old 04-20-2006, 09:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin
Next week is "greatest love songs" with Andrea Bocelli (sp). Um, OK.

I thought that at first too, but now I think this might be a good show. I can think of a lot of good love songs, but thing is, are they going to sing them or just do a bunch of crap?
Old 04-20-2006, 10:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm with Tracye. I think next week's theme has the potential to be as good as the "standards" theme was this week, or it could be an utter nightmare.

The thing that is interesting about this season is the lack of a frontrunner. Last season, it was fairly obvious from week two onward that Carrie was going to win. Just like it was obvious that Clay and Rueben were going to be the final two from their season.

I do think they are really pushing Katharine. I just don't like her. I find her attempts at humility quite unconvincing.
Old 04-20-2006, 10:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySorcerer
I'm with Tracye. I think next week's theme has the potential to be as good as the "standards" theme was this week, or it could be an utter nightmare.

The thing that is interesting about this season is the lack of a frontrunner. Last season, it was fairly obvious from week two onward that Carrie was going to win. Just like it was obvious that Clay and Rueben were going to be the final two from their season.

I do think they are really pushing Katharine. I just don't like her. I find her attempts at humility quite unconvincing.

Interesting post Krista. And I agree with the frontrunner thing. I can see many potential frontrunners: Chris, Kellie, Katharine, and Paris mainly. I'm starting to think though, that Taylor actually has a shot too! He's never been in the bottom three, or at least not lately and everyone seems to LOOOOVE him. I do think Elliott's days are numbered, but not because he can't sing--he totally can! I just think that his looks and lack of stage presence are going to hurt him in the end.

I used to like Katherine a lot more than I do now. I think she has a technically proficient voice, it's beautiful, but she has no personality and she tends to sing REALLY boring songs. She can't rock and that bothers me. I ultimately go for the rock-tinged voices and look for interesting and/or unique qualities in the contestants and Katharine ain't it. I think Chris is interesting and a great rock singer, so I'm kind of leaning in his direction. He just needs to stop channeling Creed and Live and get his own kind of vibe going. I think he's trying to do that though, his "standards" performance was a step in a new direction.

Last edited by cliffdweller; 04-20-2006 at 10:32 AM..