User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-23-2018, 06:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I don't think it's ever been a secret that he's a very intense, difficult guy to deal with, at least in the studio. But we, and the band know, that he has the artistic vision that the rest of them lack, and THAT'S WHAT CATAPULTED THEM TO STARDOM. But now that they've embraced their "oldies act status"(by you know who refusing to record), so why the hell do they need a visionary?

Just play Dreams until you choke on it...
So Lindsey has a Wagnerian Phil Spector approach to the studio. Who can blame him? Look at the disparate personalities he has to work with, and get on the same page! ...and not just that, but help him articulate his vision! It can't be easy. I really, really want to hear what Lindsey has to say about this...from the joy of BuckVie to this in a few months...c'mon.
Old 04-23-2018, 06:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I don't think it's ever been a secret that he's a very intense, difficult guy to deal with, at least in the studio. But we, and the band know, that he has the artistic vision that the rest of them lack, and THAT'S WHAT CATAPULTED THEM TO STARDOM. But now that they've embraced their "oldies act status"(by you know who refusing to record), so why the hell do they need a visionary?

Just play Dreams until you choke on it...
They dont need him anymore because hes the only one who still want to do something more than playing Dreams. Hes the only one who cares about the product and the fans more than about the money.

But hey, he has bad attitude! Please, I cant work with him anymore! Its him or me, Mick! Bring me Mike Campbell!
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 04-23-2018, 06:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetAngel86 View Post
no.
that's Cheaper Than Free
I'm with SteveMacD- Desert Angel is the worst. Neither song is great, lyrically, but vocally Cheaper Than Free sounds better. I think Stevie might have been trying too hard with Desert Angel.
Old 04-23-2018, 06:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
I think the reason this all happened is, LB does not want to be part of an oldies act and was not enthused about going out on tour with no new music. (Stevie's fault). So I'm guessing this lead to much friction between he and SN (he blames her for that) and it came to a head either at the corporate event for during negotiations for the new tour.
If this is the case (and I agree with you that it probably is) then the joke is on the band. Now that they have two replacements, they will either HAVE to play a different set and/or perform the old set quite differently. Knowing the unadventurous spirit of the remaining four, they will do something lame like simply trying to plug Neil and Mike into Lindsey’s former parts. But if they’re honest with themselves at the rehearsals, they’ll realize they can’t do that.
Old 04-23-2018, 07:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
If this is the case (and I agree with you that it probably is) then the joke is on the band. Now that they have two replacements, they will either HAVE to play a different set and/or perform the old set quite differently. Knowing the unadventurous spirit of the remaining four, they will do something lame like simply trying to plug Neil and Mike into Lindseys former parts. But if theyre honest with themselves at the rehearsals, theyll realize they cant do that.
I think we'll get a small idea of their set list during their interview Wednesday with CBS This Morning. I'm curious how you think the band should utilize Mike and Neil. From your post, it sounds like you think FM will keep pretty much the same set list and just replace Lindsey and his songs with Mike and Neil. What would you rather have them do instead? Also, are you definitely going to skip this tour, or are you waiting to get more information, such as set list or reviews, before you make up your mind?

I actually am kind of worried that they'll perform a lot of songs pre-1975, which a lot of concert goers may not recognize. I'd rather they do deep cuts from the White Album right up to Behind the Mask, personally. The set list is going to be a big factor in whether I see them or not.
Old 04-23-2018, 07:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I think we'll get a small idea of their set list during their interview Wednesday with CBS This Morning. I'm curious how you think the band should utilize Mike and Neil. From your post, it sounds like you think FM will keep pretty much the same set list and just replace Lindsey and his songs with Mike and Neil. What would you rather have them do instead? Also, are you definitely going to skip this tour, or are you waiting to get more information, such as set list or reviews, before you make up your mind?

I actually am kind of worried that they'll perform a lot of songs pre-1975, which a lot of concert goers may not recognize. I'd rather they do deep cuts from the White Album right up to Behind the Mask, personally. The set list is going to be a big factor in whether I see them or not.
You can take this to the bank. They will not do anything from Behind the Mask, As Long As You Follow, or any deep cuts from albums Lindsey has played on. If they wanted to play those songs, they would have hired Billy. It would be a big mistake to try and imitate Lindsey. Good grief that would be bad and its something they wont consider. Any deep cuts from Mirage or Tusk are out the window since Lindsey is not there. They will crank out the hits more than ever. The new guys will perform probably 2 songs pre-Nicks. But nothing from the Bob Welch era.

I don't think much will be revealed about the setlist. We will get the standard B.S. how Lindsey loves his solo work and we wish him the best blah blah blah.
Old 04-23-2018, 11:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I completely see and agree with your logic. However, given how jacked up this band is and has proven to still be, I still wouldn't be shocked to see a deep cut dusted off.

I hope fans are prepared for the Stevie & Mike Campbell love fest, because it's going to happen...and it will be nauseating.
Old 04-23-2018, 11:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

And honestly, I could see Mike or Neil pushing for a few deep cuts and nothing against them, but because it comes from one of them and not Lindsey, I'm sure it will be received warmly by some folks in the band.
Old 04-23-2018, 11:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
And honestly, I could see Mike or Neil pushing for a few deep cuts and nothing against them, but because it comes from one of them and not Lindsey, I'm sure it will be received warmly by some folks in the band.
I don't see the new guys wanting to touch any of Lindsey's stuff. You cant imitate Lindsey or replace him in a literal sense. That is why they will do 2 older pre-Nicks songs.
There is bad blood. I cant see Lindsey being fired any anyone in the band think its a good idea to do Lindsey songs.
Old 04-23-2018, 11:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

If they were so worried about touching Lindsey's work...why did they agree to be part of the band and tour.

It never stopped Waddy from butchering Gypsy.
Old 04-23-2018, 11:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
If they were so worried about touching Lindsey's work...why did they agree to be part of the band and tour.

It never stopped Waddy from butchering Gypsy.
Apples and Oranges
Gypsy is Stevie's song and she always sung her Mac hits on her solo tours. In addition, Gypsy is sung by Stevie not Waddy.
You think they joined Fleetwood Mac to perform Lindsey's songs? Interesting theory but I could not disagree more. IMHO you are setting yourself up for failure if you try to be Lindsey and sing his songs and try to play guitar like him. Its not going to happen and no musician who already is established in their career is going to start imitating another performer. Nobody wants a Fleetwood Mac sounding cover band. Imagine if Stevie was fired and they hired some woman who twirled and dressed like Stevie. Do you really think someone would do that? You must be true to yourself.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 04-23-2018 at 11:43 AM..
Old 04-23-2018, 11:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I think i partially misunderstood you. I was referencing Lindsey's guitar work. They really can't do a show without attempting his guitar parts.

Will they do Big Love? no probably not. Never Going Back Again? Probably not.

But I'm sure they will do many songs that he musically was a huge part of and it will be different without his touch on those songs.
Old 04-23-2018, 11:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

LOLOLOL this is the band that allegedly just fired their lead guitarist, they've had more replacements and line-up shakeups than I can count. I think this band needs a lesson in being true to themselves!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-23-2018, 12:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think i partially misunderstood you. I was referencing Lindsey's guitar work. They really can't do a show without attempting his guitar parts.

Will they do Big Love? no probably not. Never Going Back Again? Probably not.

But I'm sure they will do many songs that he musically was a huge part of and it will be different without his touch on those songs.
Lindsey was their guitarist so no doubt the new members must play his work. We had a misunderstanding. I thought you meant Lindsey's songs. I don't think they will do any of his songs. In 1987 and 1990 they did Go Your Own Way. But I think it was traditional since it always closed a Mac show. Lindsey left. This time I would be surprised if they did it because Lindsey did not leave and there is bad blood. We shall see.
Old 04-23-2018, 12:14 PM
Senior Ledgie

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by LB Freakazoid View Post
... He said that LB left after NGBA, however the rest of the band kept on... it happened about 3 months ago. ...
If he left after NGBA I must say: kudos to you, Lindsey...