User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-29-2014, 07:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenB View Post
It just occurred to me that Stevie has never had a song as a FM album's opening track, and very rarely had a song in the #2 spot. Wonder if this could be a bone of contention for her?
Considering she only has 3 songs per album, I've always felt they should be spaced more than they are, actually.

Quote:
I always thought Tango was perfectly sequenced. If Stevie did that, then major props to her.
See above. In the case of TITN, you have Stevie on track 2, then nothing... then her last two songs nearly back to back at the end. I think the version of Tango that I made myself (which includes the B-sides + "Joan of Arc") has a much better sequence...
Old 10-29-2014, 07:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Really? I didn't know that, and it's really fascinating if true. Do we have a source for this info?

I always thought Tango was perfectly sequenced. If Stevie did that, then major props to her.
Stevie likes to *think* she sequences the albums, but I would be very wary of taking that claim at face value.
Old 10-29-2014, 07:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabruns View Post
Interesting opinion, but just that, an opinion. Stewart couldn't be nearly the hack producer you're claiming here and have In Your Dreams and 24 Karat Gold getting positive reviews. You, personally, don't like it, but objectively there's no evidence he's the "terrible producer" you think.
This all amuses me because the first time we ever heard that Dave could possibly produce for Fleetwood Mac? That was Lindsey in 2009...

How far along are you in planning a new Fleetwood Mac album?

We aren't far along in any specific sense. My mantra is to work on my dynamic with Stevie. She was a little uncomfortable when we got on the road last time, for whatever reason. Part of it was that she missed Christine, part of it was that I was getting 50 percent of the face time onstage and she wasn't used to having a guy get all that space. I think it threw her context out a little. So this time around I am very much wanting to make everyone as comfortable as possible and have that be the most important thing. But we have discussed, when this tour is done, going into the studio. The only specific we know is that we are leaning toward finding an outside producer. I think it would help to have an overviewer. It was pretty hard taking the reins last time. Not so much with the music but with the band politics.

Have any producers in mind?

We had a short a list, but I have no idea. We've talked about everyone from Daniel Lanois to Dave Stewart to Rick Rubin. That pretty much runs the gamut of approaches. We have to meet with a few people and see how it feels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabruns View Post
I doubt it, because Nicks is usually the person who has sequenced Mac albums.

I think with SYW it boiled down to she didn't want "Come" on the album, she didn't like how Lindsey produced "Smile At You," and they had that argument over who was going to mix the album (the scene where John asks how much it will cost and Lindsey gives him an estimate and he's like "I can't afford that!" is priceless).
I'm pretty sure it was a sequencing issue, for the most part. I seem to remember it was that she didn't want to frontload it with the dark/heavy songs according to Linds, IIRC. Whatever the case, she was not happy with the end result which occurred while Linds stayed back in LA and the band was in Hawaii.
But he sounded peeved that, while the rest of the band went to Hawaii on vacation, he had to remain behind to complete mixing and sequencing the album. "Well, somebody had to finish the record!" he said. "So that (process) went through a whole series of political spasms and not-very-pleasant phone conversations. But we got there."
Quite a blow because usually...
"I'm a master at sequencing. I'm the one who sequenced for Fleetwood Mac. I sequenced "Rumours.' Everyone loves my sequences. They're fun."
Some believe THIS refers back to it:

I hear the islands calling
I hear angry words
Fly across the ocean
Like some, sea birds
Never stopping
I feel my blood racing
Can't believe what you are saying
I used to love you so much

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"
Old 11-05-2014, 12:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I read a Gemini horoscope yesterday - that's Stevie's star sign. The horoscope predicted that if you are in a group or club, the other people in the group will look to you for new ideas, inspiration and advice.

Let's hope she gives them some new (song) ideas and inspires a new album!
Old 11-05-2014, 09:42 AM

I thought Judy Wong sequenced Rumours.
Old 11-05-2014, 09:55 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I thought Judy Wong sequenced Rumours.
That's certainly what Ken Caillat says - unambiguously - in his book.
Old 11-05-2014, 04:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I read in Mick's book that Nile Rodgers was considered for the production of Tango In The Night (they got to the point of meeting with him). Nile Rodgers' name has been banded about by a few people (me included) as a potential producer of the (definitely coming out...think positive thoughts) new album. I wonder if they may consider him again given his considerable commercial success of late. I do hope so. I'm imagining a funky Fleetwood Mac album- lots of YMLF-style tunes.
Old 11-05-2014, 04:14 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole21290 View Post
Have any producers in mind?

We had a short a list, but I have no idea. We've talked about everyone from Daniel Lanois to Dave Stewart to Rick Rubin. That pretty much runs the gamut of approaches. We have to meet with a few people and see how it feels.
I would absolutely lose.my.MIND. if they brought in Rick Rubin. They could really do something amazing with him.

Just anyone. ANYONE. But Dave Stewart. There's a reason there hasn't been the fanfare for Stevie's recent solo stuff. The music is just kind of there. Nothing really that special in terms of production/ideas/etc. Stewart is just "blah" now. He's not bad. Just "blah". He doesn't transform her music the way people like Lindsey and Jimmy did.

Butch Vig would be another great choice.
Old 11-05-2014, 07:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

So, Stevie's new Access Hollywood interview kind of confirmed what I suspected about 24KG: that it was made because she owed Warner Bros. another record and that she did it when she did and as quickly as she did because of Fleetwood Mac's schedule. That it was an album of leaked demos only strengthens my hunch that it was basically a contractual rush job she did so that she could dedicate the foreseeable future to Fleetwood Mac.

She said that she had no current plans on touring behind it, but would eventually tour it after the current Fleetwood Mac tour was over. That really doesn't say anything about Fleetwood Mac's future either way, because it's not like Fleetwood Mac hasn't worked on albums while Stevie has been on tour.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 11-05-2014, 09:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
She said that she had no current plans on touring behind it, but would eventually tour it after the current Fleetwood Mac tour was over. That really doesn't say anything about Fleetwood Mac's future either way, because it's not like Fleetwood Mac hasn't worked on albums while Stevie has been on tour.
But she did say she has a little over a year left with Fleetwood Mac, so they will be busy doing something beyond the currently scheduled tour dates.
Old 11-05-2014, 09:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeInNV View Post
But she did say she has a little over a year left with Fleetwood Mac, so they will be busy doing something beyond the currently scheduled tour dates.
Better known as Europe and Australia, which though not yet announced, are still part of the current tour.

THE Stephen Hopkins

Last edited by SteveMacD; 11-05-2014 at 09:46 PM..
Old 11-06-2014, 02:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I dont care at this point who produce FM even if it was Santa Clause and his elves.LOL....

Get the record out fast.

As long it sounds good and the Mac is happy working with the producer.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 11-06-2014, 02:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Better known as Europe and Australia, which though not yet announced, are still part of the current tour.
How long do they usually tour the world in a full blown tour? Is that going to take them a year?
Old 11-06-2014, 02:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
How long do they usually tour the world in a full blown tour? Is that going to take them a year?
These giant world tours usually last about a year and a half. For the band to hit Europe, Australia, & New Zealand they will easily tour into late 2015, possibly into early 2016.
Old 11-06-2014, 08:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I would be shocked if this tour goes beyond the scheduled end date of 6/30.