User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-15-2005, 07:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
I guess I don't equate class with how much skin you show. That yellow, though!
Eve is hot. She's my girlfriend.
Now you have a same sex obsession too? Yay, it's not just me and Josh who are like that
Old 02-15-2005, 07:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan8472
Now you have a same sex obsession too? Yay, it's not just me and Josh who are like that
Wait, "now"? I've always said stuff like that...
But, uh, good for you?

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 02-15-2005, 07:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I guess I don't equate class with how much skin you show. That yellow, though!
Eve is hot. She's my girlfriend.
Sheryl used to berate others for dressing slutty and showing too much skin, but as soon as she turned 40, she stripped down for FHM. I love her, but that's rather hypocritical and she's too beautiful to stoop to showing off all that skin for attention.

Her class factor has gone down considerably, anyways, now that she's shoving her Lance relationship down our throats.

I'll now await Sparks' entrance into this discussion so he can tell me to shut the f*ck up about Sheryl.

Old 02-15-2005, 07:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I'm attracted to anything on legs.

Old 02-15-2005, 07:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention

I'm attracted to anything on legs.
Even her?

Old 02-15-2005, 07:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Sheryl used to berate others for dressing slutty and showing too much skin, but as soon as she turned 40, she stripped down for FHM. I love her, but that's rather hypocritical and she's too beautiful to stoop to showing off all that skin for attention.

Her class factor has gone down considerably, anyways, now that she's shoving her Lance relationship down our throats.

I'll now await Sparks' entrance into this discussion so he can tell me to shut the f*ck up about Sheryl.
I don't think showing off skin is "Stooping" But i'm not from one of those puritanical New England states.
That lance thing was not incredibly nifty, but maybe they're just really in love, and/or the grammy people asked them both to go up there?
It is a bit hypocritical if she has berated others for showing skin, but at an awards show, I think the rules are a bit different. I mean, she probably doesn't always dress that way.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 02-15-2005, 07:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Even her?

Dang! I hate when people take pics of me when i first wake up!!!!

Old 02-15-2005, 08:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

(I'm Always Touched by Your) Presence, Dear - Blondie

"Something" made me pull out my Platinum Collection.
Old 02-15-2005, 08:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Even her?

I'll never have an erection again.

Old 02-15-2005, 08:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I don't think showing off skin is "Stooping" But i'm not from one of those puritanical New England states.
If Massachusetts is puritanical, I shudder to think what the other 49 states are.

In the context of Sheryl, I think it's stooping. She had a drastic makeover after The Globe Sessions and I think it was very much a conscious effort to get more publicity and sell more albums. She's got the talent and the looks, she doesn't need to tramp herself up.

Quote:
That lance thing was not incredibly nifty, but maybe they're just really in love, and/or the grammy people asked them both to go up there?
Doesn't make it less obnoxious.

Old 02-15-2005, 08:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'll never have an erection again.
Hee

now playing: U2 - The Unforgettable Fire
Old 02-15-2005, 08:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
If Massachusetts is puritanical, I shudder to think what the other 49 states are.

In the context of Sheryl, I think it's stooping. She had a drastic makeover after The Globe Sessions and I think it was very much a conscious effort to get more publicity and sell more albums. She's got the talent and the looks, she doesn't need to tramp herself up.

Doesn't make it less obnoxious.
Well, regardless of the politics of the state, (which are obviously very liberal) When talking to friends/meeting people from the east coast, they, themselves, seem to have a more uptight attitude about what is "slutty" and how women should dress. Just my observation. I think the culture "over there" is a bit different.
And while it may not make it less obnoxious, it may make it less Sheryl's fault that it is obnoxious. 'Sides, I didn't think it was that bad. Nick and Jessica? now that is obnoxious!

Old 02-15-2005, 08:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well, regardless of the politics of the state, (which are obviously very liberal) When talking to friends/meeting people from the east coast, they, themselves, seem to have a more uptight attitude about what is "slutty" and how women should dress. Just my observation. I think the culture "over there" is a bit different.
So we're puritanical liberals? I think it's the people you're meeting! I can't say I've ever run into that type of thing.

The culture is very different, though. Gay marriage is legal, we're the first state to move towards universal healthcare, crime isn't as prevalent, and people generally don't care about what other people do. I think people up here are more snobby and elitist than uptight, but that's just me. I know I'd be shellshocked if I went down to Georgia or over to Texas.

When it comes to Sheryl, it's got nothing to do with where I live. It's what I see as her dressing trampy to grab attention.

Quote:
And while it may not make it less obnoxious, it may make it less Sheryl's fault that it is obnoxious. 'Sides, I didn't think it was that bad. Nick and Jessica? now that is obnoxious!
Both couples are, IMO.

Old 02-15-2005, 08:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Amber, I think this is true, there is a more conservative attitude here about showing skin IMO.
Old 02-15-2005, 08:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think it's the people you're meeting. I can't say I've ever run into that type of thing.

The culture is very different, though. Gay marriage is legal, we're the first state to move towards universal healthcare, crime isn't as prevalent, and people generally don't care about what other people do. I think people up here are more snobby and elitist than uptight, but that's just me. I know I'd be shellshocked if I went down to Georgia or over to Texas.

When it comes to Sheryl, it's got nothing to do with where I live. It's what I see as her dressing trampy to grab attention.

Both couples are, IMO.
Um...these people I talk to are pretty liberal. It seemed to me sort of an ingrained societal thing. In fact, my friend told me it was But i'm sure not everyone is the same. And on "real life" shows, I always hear chicks from there talking about how "so and so" is slutty cause she is wearing "this or that"
I dunno, I like to dress briefly, but it has nothing to do with how i conduct my sex life.
And, yes, i'm very happy about all the many wonders of Mass.