User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-15-2017, 10:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
I'm beginning to think this will be an Album of Lindsey song, Christine song, Lindsey song Christine song etc etc....
Not exactly duets, as on the first single there is no Christine...
Keeping in mind that they co-write 3 of the songs. And Christine's songs are inherently going to feature Lindsey quite a bit because he's the guitarist and producer.
Old 04-15-2017, 10:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
Keeping in mind that they co-write 3 of the songs. And Christine's songs are inherently going to feature Lindsey quite a bit because he's the guitarist and producer.
I don't understand why they didn't release one of those three songs as the first single.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 04-15-2017, 10:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm thinking its totally possible that they released this Christine lacking track first to tease, keep interest/anticipation up until they release another single, closer to the release date. I also find it very plausible that the lyrical content is a subtle jab at Stevie, as others have expressed. Really dig this sound, and if this is the weakest of the batch as some are suspecting and hoping is the case, I think we're in for an incredible album.
Old 04-15-2017, 10:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsonmac View Post
I don't often post very much, but read these threads often. I can't understand how you guys can't love this track! Very Buckingham, once again showing his ability to push things in a new direction. A really cool chorus with a melody unlike anything I've heard from him. Awesome Mcvie Fuzz bass in the intro, great swell guitar parts, and once again the most underrated part of his work, the lyrics. This is track 3 on the album right? In my opinion this was not meant to be a slam dunk single, but a response to Stevie Nicks and her unwillingness to participate in the album.
Ditto! I didn't want to think that at first, but in my head it's beginning to sound more and more this way. I wish they would grow up.

Quote:
Lindsey is an artist who pushes, and isn't going to record music to sound like things he has done before, but it will have always have his stamp on it, if it is "his" track. To do this at his age is amazing, and I for one feel lucky to hear new stuff from living legend musicians like him; I think we all should feel this way.
Yes, yes, yes! I don't mean to label Lindsey as an old person, but many bands the same age as FM release a "new album" that sounds exactly as their previous works. It's a blessing IMO to have this kind of material. I'm gonna wait to see how the rest of the album evolves to say something negative. I'm sure we'll have plenty of Christine in the rest of the songs.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 04-15-2017, 10:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chain View Post
I'm thinking its totally possible that they released this Christine lacking track first to tease, keep interest/anticipation up until they release another single, closer to the release date. I also find it very plausible that the lyrical content is a subtle jab at Stevie, as others have expressed. Really dig this sound, and if this is the weakest of the album as some are suspecting and hoping is the case, I think we're in for an incredible album.
I agree. Given how it falls in the middle of an album side to me it sounds like it...and in context with the rest I believe will make more sense.
Not really a single per se, more just a taste of what's to come, and I really believe the next track is going to be very Christine.
Old 04-15-2017, 11:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24karatstevie View Post
I've been listening more and I'm liking it a little better, but I'm still not loving it. As catchy as the chorus is, I'm not into it. The verses really aren't so bad; I just don't like the over-produced sound on the chorus. I do like the music though just not the vocals so much.
Lindsey's voice sounds very processed on the chorus...much higher than it actually is. It has an Alvin and The Chipmunks vibe going on. Otherwise, I think it's a great song.

I remember it all...you just had to fall...
Old 04-15-2017, 12:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsonmac View Post
I don't often post very much, but read these threads often. I can't understand how you guys can't love this track! Very Buckingham, once again showing his ability to push things in a new direction. A really cool chorus with a melody unlike anything I've heard from him. Awesome Mcvie Fuzz bass in the intro, great swell guitar parts, and once again the most underrated part of his work, the lyrics. This is track 3 on the album right? In my opinion this was not meant to be a slam dunk single, but a response to Stevie Nicks and her unwillingness to participate in the album.

Lindsey is an artist who pushes, and isn't going to record music to sound like things he has done before, but it will have always have his stamp on it, if it is "his" track. To do this at his age is amazing, and I for one feel lucky to hear new stuff from living legend musicians like him; I think we all should feel this way.

thanks!
OH, I think a lot of us have genuine love the for the track. Most of use are feeling frustrated, however, because Christine is not audibly singing on it, and quite possibly not even playing the keyboards.

I imagine this song was completed before she returned. Okay. But what I, as so many have been bitching about, is that she should have been strongly encouraged to provide harmonies on it. That would have made the song fantastic and would have given credibility to the aim of the overall project. Instead, Lindsey is doing here what he often does: a solo album within the context of a greater band effort. There is no reason for this when you have a world class singer simply sitting there beside you. Stevie sang harmonies on his SYW songs, and on his extended play material. Why no Christine here?!
Old 04-15-2017, 12:32 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
OH, I think a lot of us have genuine love the for the track. Most of use are feeling frustrated, however, because Christine is not audibly singing on it, and quite possibly not even playing the keyboards.

I imagine this song was completed before she returned. Okay. But what I, as so many have been bitching about, is that she should have been strongly encouraged to provide harmonies on it. That would have made the song fantastic and would have given credibility to the aim of the overall project. Instead, Lindsey is doing here what he often does: a solo album within the context of a greater band effort. There is no reason for this when you have a world class singer simply sitting there beside you. Stevie sang harmonies on his SYW songs, and on his extended play material. Why no Christine here?!
Yes, yes!!!
Old 04-15-2017, 12:47 PM
Registered

Is this song really a jab at Stevie for refusing to record with Fleetwood Mac? (I certainly can't tell from the meaningless verses.) And was this one of the songs they presented to her in 2012 to sing along to? If so, then why is anybody surprised she refuses to have any more part in this frankly tiresome drama? Why would anyone in her right mind sing harmonies to a song deliberately mocking herself? It now transpires that for once she has shown some sense and discretion. I used to think that she was being selfish for refusing to record with Fleetwood Mac, but after listening to this undercooked (after 5 years of roasting!) song and reading the comments about its intent, it is crystal clear that it is Lindsey who is being childish and petty and needlessly provocative, and who has an inflated sense of his own position in the scheme of things. Not everyone wants to be "In His World." I wonder if his kids roll their eyes every time he breaks into one of his eternal chain of being speeches

I feel like being childish and petty myself and buying 24KG instead of BuckVie on June 9 I'd definitely rather to listen to All the Beautiful Worlds than this epitome of churlish and musically vapid smallmindedness. Poor John, I could almost feel the desperation as his bassline tries helplessly to counterpoint and to provide even a smidgen of variety to distract the listener from Lindsey's ping-ping-ping motif repeated over and over as if it were a motif from Die Walkure. But not even the greatest rhythm section can propel a song that has almost nothing going for it.

They had better have a Little Lies Part II there somewhere or BuckVie will tank even worse than Time. Thank goodness it is not going out under the Fleetwood Mac label. Tango is now officially the swan song of the Classic Mac.

Now I wish I could change my screen ID, darn.
Old 04-15-2017, 12:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i so love it Peestie that we can get your balanced opinions and music expertise thrown into this whole mix when we are discussing all this! see, to my ears even LRD is at least somewhat i guess *weighted* even if i dislike it....but it probably fits with my dislike of this one. but Underground and The Right Place To Fade are exact kind of poppy stuff that i LOVE from Lindsey. i would be jumping through the moon if that was the kind of poppy stuff we are getting on this album.

oh i agree. i just want my best pop-Lindsey though, if that's what we can reasonably expect from Fleetwood Macy album. my Sad Angel/Right Place To Fade/Underground/Second Hand News Lindsey. even Miss Fantasy really really grew on me. but that's just my taste in music.
At least one person doesn't think I'm just rambling!
The chorus of IMW reminds me of Underground in the way the backing vocals are processed. I love what he does with the vocal layers in both of these tracks. But ultimately it is closer to DYMM than Underground.
Miss Fantasy hasn't grown on me. It's fine. I won't skip it but I won't pick to play it.
I really hope this is your least favourite track from the album and that the rest of it is more to your liking Hopefully this one grows on you as well. If not, hopefully all your potential favourites are being saved for his solo album

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
I don't understand why they didn't release one of those three songs as the first single.
I love the song but me neither. Isn't that weird?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheart View Post
Lindsey's voice sounds very processed on the chorus...much higher than it actually is. It has an Alvin and The Chipmunks vibe going on. Otherwise, I think it's a great song.
I've had a play around with it and I think he's sped himself up by two semitones. I like how it sounds, but I can get that people wouldn't.
Old 04-15-2017, 01:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

As the unofficial referee of this board, I am blowing the whistle and crying foul.
There seems to be many comments about this new single that state it sounds too much like a Lindsey solo song. Excuse me? Many of these same posters claim Tango and Tusk as their favorite Fleetwood Mac albums. I just don't get it. Lindsey's Tango songs were stripped of any Mac identity but yet they love them. Same with Tusk. Why is this single being treated different? This song on Tango or Tusk would sound so much like Fleetwood Mac. At least it has a real bass line that may be John McVie and Mick on drums. Please explain.
Old 04-15-2017, 01:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotonRodeo View Post
Is this song really a jab at Stevie for refusing to record with Fleetwood Mac? (I certainly can't tell from the meaningless verses.) And was this one of the songs they presented to her in 2012 to sing along to? If so, then why is anybody surprised she refuses to have any more part in this frankly tiresome drama? Why would anyone in her right mind sing harmonies to a song deliberately mocking herself? It now transpires that for once she has shown some sense and discretion. I used to think that she was being selfish for refusing to record with Fleetwood Mac, but after listening to this undercooked (after 5 years of roasting!) song and reading the comments about its intent, it is crystal clear that it is Lindsey who is being childish and petty and needlessly provocative, and who has an inflated sense of his own position in the scheme of things. Not everyone wants to be "In His World." I wonder if his kids roll their eyes every time he breaks into one of his eternal chain of being speeches

I feel like being childish and petty myself and buying 24KG instead of BuckVie on June 9 I'd definitely rather to listen to All the Beautiful Worlds than this epitome of churlish and musically vapid smallmindedness. Poor John, I could almost feel the desperation as his bassline tries helplessly to counterpoint and to provide even a smidgen of variety to distract the listener from Lindsey's ping-ping-ping motif repeated over and over as if it were a motif from Die Walkure. But not even the greatest rhythm section can propel a song that has almost nothing going for it.

They had better have a Little Lies Part II there somewhere or BuckVie will tank even worse than Time. Thank goodness it is not going out under the Fleetwood Mac label. Tango is now officially the swan song of the Classic Mac.

Now I wish I could change my screen ID, darn.
Oh please. Like she would have anything creatively to offer to the project. She should of just had some songs written for her like Seven Wonders and went into the studio for a week.
Old 04-15-2017, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post

Yes yes!! and Christine is on it. She's just blended with LB voice. Kind of like.. I believe I believe, I need a little time...
Old 04-15-2017, 01:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
As the unofficial referee of this board, I am blowing the whistle and crying foul.
There seems to be many comments about this new single that state it sounds too much like a Lindsey solo song. Excuse me? Many of these same posters claim Tango and Tusk as their favorite Fleetwood Mac albums. I just don't get it. Lindsey's Tango songs were stripped of any Mac identity but yet they love them. Same with Tusk. Why is this single being treated different? This song on Tango or Tusk would sound so much like Fleetwood Mac. At least it has a real bass line that may be John McVie and Mick on drums. Please explain.
thank you. i'm dumbfolded too. reading those comments i have to doubt whether most of those people are really familiar with his solo work, but like you said - at least they may know and have mac stuff to compare to.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-15-2017, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
Oh please. Like she would have anything creatively to offer to the project. She should of just had some songs written for her like Seven Wonders and went into the studio for a week.
Have I told you lately, that I love you?

Well, it was my error for not doing so!!