Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2011, 09:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default 2 New Yoko Articles and Photographs from SXWS 3/2011

I have 2 new articles about Yoko, one with a video interview clip.Plus one link with a photograph of Sean and Charlotte
Kemp together at SXSW.

Eat This
March 19, 2011
Yoko Ono talks Japan relief, Lady Gaga, performs at SXSW

Yoko Ono, who will be performing in Austin tonight at the South By Southwest music festival, spoke to Rolling Stone about her plans to participate in a Japan relief benefit later this month. A supporter of gay rights, promoter of peace (give it a chance), and contributor to AIDS outreach programs, the 78-year-old Yoko is a descendant of a Japanese Emperor. Certainly no stranger to tragedy, at age 12 she found shelter with her family in a special bunker of Tokyo’s Azabu region during the great firebombing of 1945. So it’s no surprise that she’s trying to help the people of Japan today.

http://eatthis.inmusic.ca/2011/03/yo...s-at-sxsw.html

Louder Than War
March 9, 2011
Was Yoko Ono the most talented Beatle – Yoko interviewed

Of course it’s a facetious title but one that sets up an agreement. If I was a great artist I would just have a picture of a grapefruit with the words ‘pick me’ across the front but I’m not a great artist.
Yoko One is.Her concepts and ideas make you explode with excitement, opening your mind up to new places and her music was also brilliant. The song that her and Lennon were working on the night he was murdered was ‘Walking On Thin Ice’, perhaps the best post Beatles song.
I’m sat here watching Yoko One get interviewed onstage and she is great. Funny, modest and smart you can see why John Lennon fell for her.

http://louderthanwar.com/blogs/was-y...et-interviewed

photographs of Sean and Charlotte at SXSW on the Chimera Music Tumblr link.

http://chimeramusic.tumblr.com/

Last edited by msLinds; 03-19-2011 at 10:07 PM..
Old 03-19-2011, 11:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^I love the comment posted under the article "Was Yoko Ono the Most Talented Beatle?":

Emily says:

I love the feelings you share for Yoko's significance as an artist. She was absolutely a pioneer of many avant garde concepts, an amazingly forward-thinking lady with a truly unique presence. I think she rocks.

However, in this article it seems your giving a little less credit to John Lennon. He was also a pioneer, a forward-thinker, and a unique and fascinating presence. Yoko Ono couldn't be bothered otherwise to marry and stay with someone whose fame and success so overshadowed her, whose fans were rabid and jealous, and whose media attention took every opportunity to put her down as an artist and slam her as a person. Yoko chose John as much as he chose her- because she saw someone who went against the status quo and had a larger than life way of presenting his ideals. The Bed-Ins for peace were very much John as well- in fact they were his idea. But together they were able to do something so interesting and poignant that, yes, you can't think of the late-60s peace movement without remembering this wonderful demonstration. I love it, and I wasn't even around in that era.

John and Yoko TOGETHER were so fantastic and amazing that I honestly look at the lady today and can't help but picture a 70 year-old John sitting next to her. It's just a given. Each of them made their own art, but the way they stirred people, shook them, and often confused was quite similar. John Lennon was so much more than just a great songwriter. He had his finger on the button of so many people's thoughts and ideas, and he knew when and how to push to make the biggest impact. With Yoko Ono, it couldn't be louder or more in-your-face.

I love John and Yoko, man! And thanks mslinds...keep it coming!!!
Old 03-20-2011, 03:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default John and Yoko Wedding Anniversary March 20, 2011

Sunday March 20th is John and Yoko's wedding anniversary.They were married on March 20th, 1969 in Gibraltar. Happy Anniversary John and Yoko.I am sending both of them my love, prayers and positive energy.

http://imaginepeace.com/archives/107...medium=twitter

They want to hold onto something they never had in the first place. Anybody who claims to have some interest in me as an individual artist or even as part of the Beatles has absolutely misunderstood everything I ever said if they can’t see why I’m with Yoko. And if they can’t see that, they don’t see anything. John Lennon
Old 03-20-2011, 02:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Happy Anniversary John and Yoko!!!

The love you shared for one another and the things you believed in continue to inspire millions all over the world to this day.

"I'm in love for the first time, don't you know it's gonna last/It's a love that last forever, it's a love that has no past..." ~ John Lennon
Old 03-20-2011, 03:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Imagine Peace Tower being Lit today for John and Yoko's anniversary

For John and Yoko's wedding anniversary today.The Peace Tower in Iceland is being lit.

IMAGINE PEACE TOWER will next be lit for the first week of spring (March 20th -26th 2011), from 2 hours after sunset until midnight. After that it will next be lit from October 9th – December 8th 2011 and December 21st-31st 2011.

http://imaginepeacetower.com/

The Beatles -The Ballad of John and Yoko‬

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiT3BsK3JHA
Old 03-20-2011, 05:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default One NEW Video from Goastt performance at SXSW and 1 new article 3/20

I have one video so far of Sean and Charlotte performing at SXSW in Austin.Also one new article about saturdays performance with Yoko and Sean at SXSW.

‪Ghost of a Saber Tooth Tiger features Sean Lennon and Charlotte Kemp Muhl. This was at SXSW day party at French Legation Museum. Austin, TX. Note, you will see Yoko Ono watching from the side of the stage.

GOASTT - Jardin du Luxembourg‬

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDUZPtwJrto

NME News
March 20, 2011
Yoko Ono and Sean Lennon make rare live appearance at SXSYoko

Yoko Ono made a rare live appearance at Austin’s South By Southwest festival last night (March 19), playing with musicians including her son Sean Lennon.

http://www.nme.com/news/yoko-ono/55556

Last edited by msLinds; 03-20-2011 at 05:17 PM..
Old 03-20-2011, 07:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Review of Yoko Ono Plastic Ono performance at SXSW on 3/29

City Pages.com
March 20, 2011

Yoko Ono and the Plastic Ono Band close out SXSW, Sean Lennon professes his love for tUnE-yArDs

You know it's time for SXSW to be over when even a Yoko Ono show is full of pushy, angry people and there's a riot happening just outside.*The iconic professor of peace did her best to reach out to the tired audience, peering out over a pair of dark oval sunglasses to peer into the eyes of the people standing in the front rows while grinning a sweet smile. Dressed in all black with a white scarf tied around her neck and a black wide-brimmed hat, and galloping around the stage like a spry little cowgirl, Ono looked pretty pleased to be playing a show in Texas.

http://blogs.citypages.com/gimmenois...ono_and_th.php
Old 03-20-2011, 09:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Twin Citys Daily Planet.net : Wrapping it up at SXSW: Yoko Ono and Sean Lennon

Scroll down to the very end of the page for the review and article.

Twin Citys Daily Planet.net
MUSIC | Wrapping it up at SXSW: Yoko Ono and Sean Lennon, An Horse, Hoodie Allen, and more
March 20, 2011

It was then that I made the aforementioned walk up 6th Street to the Elysium, which was hosting a showcase featuring artists from Sean Lennon's label Chimera Music. The headliner was a "special guest" who's about as special as guests get: none other than Lennon's mother Yoko Ono. There was a strict, though commonly violated, rule for the venue: no photography of any kind

http://www.tcdailyplanet.net/arts/sx...e-hoodie-allen

Last edited by msLinds; 03-20-2011 at 09:21 PM..
Old 03-21-2011, 09:51 PM
Senior Ledgie

Well thanks again to msLinds and Nico for the great videos and links! And of course, Happy Anniversary for John & Yoko
I was happy that Yoko & Sean got such great reviews, it sounds like they really closed the festival down in style! I could certainley do without all the drunken brawlers that seems to gravitate to these shows, but apparently Yoko's performance made braving the dangerous crowds worthwhile Let's hope she brings her mesmerizing show closer to home, and soon! Nico, that video "Oh Yoko" was fantastic! My favorite part was at the end where they are running on the beach for each other, crying out "John!"..."Yoko!"..."John!"... that was so hilarious They both had such a great sense of humor and a zeal for life. Keep the great John-related stuff coming!
Oh honey sweet
So full of sleep
I'm backsliding..."
Radiohead
Old 03-21-2011, 10:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default 1 New Article Yoko Ono/Plastic Ono Band – live at SXSW 3/20

Your welcome 3rd world man.That is a great music video that Nico posted with John and Yoko.I love the part when running toward each other to. It sounds like that SXSW was pretty wild.I have one update tonight.A new article from that " Louder Than War" web site.

Louder Than War
March 20, 2011
Yoko Ono/Plastic Ono Band – live at SXSW

Yoko Ono and the new Plastic Ono Band
The Ghost Of A Saber tooth Tiger
This is a moment.

A moment of pure spine tingling genius. One of those moments that makes the hair stand up on the back of your neck and a moment that you lock into.Yoko Ono has gone into one of those trilling vocal things that she does and she sounds like nothing else. The closest I can think of is the late and great Ari Up in her Slits prime or John Lydon on Metal Box. That boundary breaking use of the voice to go somewhere else- somewhere deep, dark and emotional. This is the primal scream therapy that she and John famously went through in 1970 that you had heard so much about and it’s pouring out live right in front of you and it’s insanely powerful and knocks you off kilter.

http://louderthanwar.com/blogs/yoko-...d-live-at-sxsw
Old 03-23-2011, 01:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Interview Magazine Interview with Yoko 3/22/2011

I have one update. A interview With Yoko.

Interview Magazine
3/22/2011
Yoko Ono on Lennon, Love, Feminism, and Japan

With a new dance hit, "Move on Fast," and a forthcoming benefit show for Japan on March 27th at Columbia University's Miller Theatre, Yoko Ono attended at the South by Southwest music festival for an official interview and to belt her signature guttural cackles with the Plastic Ono Band at Sean Lennon's Chimera Music showcase. We met with Ono in her suite at Austin's Four Seasons Hotel before her public appearances. Dressed all in black, busty in a low-cut shirt, and wearing a guitar-pick necklace, Ono was exuberant, smiley, and warm.

http://interviewmagazine.com/blogs/m...usic-yoko-ono/
Old 03-23-2011, 02:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Oxford Review : Tim Piper as John Lennon in Imagine

Oxford Review
March 10, 2011
Imagine

Tim Piper as John Lennon in Imagine, now running at the Hayworth Theater in Los Angeles, stands sui generis in a performance the like of which we might not see again of the troubled artist and humanitarian.

http://oxfordreviewtheater.blogspot....imagine-r.html
Old 03-23-2011, 10:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default I've got nothing- but these GIFS!!!!

I have no news to post, so I'm posting these GIFS instead.

"what makes you think you're something special when you smile..."

"Is nowhere full of geniuses sir?"

ICON

"...you'll never guess..."

Old 03-23-2011, 10:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default and a few more...

How can you NOT love this...

Heartthrob

AND OF COURSE....SEAN!!!!
Old 03-23-2011, 11:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Video Gifs of John and Sean

Those are great and cool video Gifs Nico.Thanks for sharing them.

Last edited by msLinds; 03-23-2011 at 11:50 PM..
Closed Thread