User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-28-2018, 10:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by saniette View Post
Why don't you bring the same microscope to the band's statement? No one but Stevie said "November", and I'm pretty sure she just pulled that date out of thin air. She doesn't have the greatest track record on accuracy.

Lindsey's "statement" was hardly that. It was a brief comment on the elephant in the room at a political fundraiser. Hardly the time and place to get into a long discussion of what actually happened.

And Lindsey is denying their story - factions in the band lost their perspective, which implies that they used an ostensible reason, like touring schedule conflicts, to oust him from the band.

Just because Lindsey doesn't explicitly deny their story doesn't mean it's true. He doesn't tend to issue statements.
Exactly. And there's also his wife's repeated posts on her social media where she all but explicitly calls the band a bunch of shady dirty liars.
Old 05-28-2018, 10:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
Oh! I hadn't head Brett's story yet, just Frederico Pol's. What did he say?
I don't know about Brett but Federico Pol also commented that it isn't true Lindsey wanted them to delay the tour, he said Lindsey was looking forward to it and had even shared the rehearsal dates with him.
Old 05-28-2018, 10:40 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Mouse View Post
So you'd rather believe a theory that not one online article supports? Not one ...

I can't say who my two sources are but I can say that Andy Greene (Rolling Stone senior reporter) has repeatedly said that the band told him that Lindsey wouldn't tour until November 2019. There's a source for you. I'm really not sure why you all are in such denial about this. The band says this is true. Lindsey has not denied this. No one in Lindsey management team has denied it. Rick's Facebook post doesn't even deny that possibility. All Rick said was that Lindsey and the band were negotiating tour dates. Rick doesn't know the details of those negotiations. Until Lindsey denies some part of the band's story, I'll stick with what every media outlet is reporting.
Yes, I would, because the band's statement doesn't add up. You're saying we have to believe what the band says no matter how implausible it is? I don't personally believe the November 2019 date, but even conceding it's true, that would mean the band had to fire Lindsey because he wouldn't back down. That's what seems improbable to me.

All sources have to be critically evaluated. Just because 20 articles are all based on the same band interview doesn't prove anything. That's still just one side of the story.

And the band's narrative doesn't pass the smell test. The interviewers on the Sirius XM interview all commented on the band's uncomfortable body language. I think they can read between the lines, that something's not adding up with the band's story.

You can choose to believe what you want, but you seem intent on revisiting this subject continually to try to convert others here. I think everyone should rely on their own judgment, as we obviously haven't gotten the whole story and maybe never will. All we have is speculation and interpretation at this point.
Old 05-28-2018, 10:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yes, I would, because the band's statement doesn't add up. You're saying we have to believe what the band says no matter how implausible it is? I don't personally believe the November 2019 date, but even conceding it's true, that would mean the band had to fire Lindsey because he wouldn't back down. That's what seems improbable to me.

All sources have to be critically evaluated. Just because 20 articles are all based on the same band interview doesn't prove anything. That's still just one side of the story.

And the band's narrative doesn't pass the smell test. The interviewers on the Sirius XM interview all commented on the band's uncomfortable body language. I think they can read between the lines, that something's not adding up with the band's story.

You can choose to believe what you want, but you seem intent on revisiting this subject continually to try to convert others here. I think everyone should rely on their own judgment, as we obviously haven't gotten the whole story and maybe never will. All we have is speculation and interpretation at this point.
Beautifully written, I agree 100%.
Old 05-28-2018, 10:54 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Not really, though. Assuming there was a blowout and an ultimatum right after MusiCares, Mike Campbell would have easily been the first choice, especially given Stevie’s speech. Ask the woman who was literally just waxing poetic about Tom Petty who the band could get to play guitar that’s available, and it’s harder to see how Mike Campbell wouldn’t have been the first choice.
And I agree Campbell always would have been the first choice. I just question the chronology is all. Considering the Sheryl Crow precedent and that Tom Petty recently died, I just have a hard time thinking Stevie never brought up the possibility of bringing Campbell into the band before MusiCares. And of course Lindsey would have balked, as he did with Sheryl Crow. No way would Lindsey have agreed to a second lead guitarist in the band. It just sounds like something Stevie would do, and it makes more sense to me as the source of the irreparable blowup than touring conflicts. But it's all speculation of course.
Old 05-28-2018, 11:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE=jmn3;1229667]
Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post

I’ve been thinking Mick for a bit. Karen’s a possibility. But no way in hell is it Stevie unless someone else is just typing her words. Pretty sure she can barely function with a push button land line.
Your last line is PURE GOLD!
Old 05-28-2018, 11:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE=Dr.Brown;1229677]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethemac1 View Post

He awaits, to be summoned...just like the Kraken...

Hahaha!! So creepy!
Old 05-29-2018, 12:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE=lovethemac1;1229703]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Brown View Post

Hahaha!! So creepy!
Yeah it is difficult to determine who has become more demented and detached from reality in their dotage .The hag or the whore?

Old 05-29-2018, 03:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You're saying we have to believe what the band says no matter how implausible it is?

Sugar Mouse - what I do not understand is why you insist on wanting to believe 'as gospel' what the band says, or your sources say or that was written by a media outlet. Has it not once occurred to you that people LIE and don't tell the truth as the truth is possibly a little shocking?!
Lindsey's friends, family and non FM bandmates have in their own way said this is all lies and he did not want to wait until Nov2019 to tour. He did want to tour both FM and solo together, he and others confirm this. Why did FM not mention this in their media reports if they were telling the truth?
Old 05-29-2018, 07:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Mouse View Post
I can't believe the moderators allow you to continue to post such awful vitriole. Does anyone know how to contact the moderators?
Hallelujah!! I dont know if he is paying them or what. Be careful because soon you will be booted for a few days for standing up to him. He is a troll...just ignore the ignorance.
Old 05-29-2018, 09:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnL View Post
just ignore the ignorance.
Perfect! The best way to deal with any frustrations with this board
Old 05-29-2018, 09:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel75 View Post
Sugar Mouse - what I do not understand is why you insist on wanting to believe 'as gospel' what the band says, or your sources say or that was written by a media outlet. Has it not once occurred to you that people LIE and don't tell the truth as the truth is possibly a little shocking?!
Lindsey's friends, family and non FM bandmates have in their own way said this is all lies and he did not want to wait until Nov2019 to tour. He did want to tour both FM and solo together, he and others confirm this. Why did FM not mention this in their media reports if they were telling the truth?
Other than a Facebook post from Rick Turner, I've seen nothing from Lindsey nor his friends/family to suggest that the band's story is untrue.

Please post any information from Lindsey or his friends/family and I'd be happy to look at it. Folks keep saying that Lindsey's wife has said this or that but ZERO media outlets have reported anything from Lindsey's wife.

I'm open to the band's story being untrue but I believe in actual evidence rather than conjecture, as of yet, there is no evidence that the band's story is untrue.
Old 05-29-2018, 09:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:

Well-said.

I have noticed a sad trend of the lack of critical evaluation of information in my students. Many just take what they're told at face value, no matter how absurd. Some can't even recognize satire (we've seen that on this board).

I do not know how old Sugar Mouse is, but I see how he/she keeps talking about "media outlets" without seeming to understand the way internet media outlets work - that they simply are repeating the same band interview. I think Sugar Mouse is confused and thinks there has been multiple interviews with a great deal of fact-checking and investigative reporting.

While all of these "Sugar Mouse must be Mick" posts are amusing, I think it's simply that he/she is young, naive, ignorant of the way internet news works, and - here's the unfortunate part - not reading carefully enough to understand his/her mistake, thus continuing to repeat it.

Last edited by sodascouts; 05-29-2018 at 09:47 AM..
Old 05-29-2018, 10:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
Well-said.

I have noticed a sad trend of the lack of critical evaluation of information in my students. Many just take what they're told at face value, no matter how absurd. Some can't even recognize satire (we've seen that on this board).

I do not know how old Sugar Mouse is, but I see how he/she keeps talking about "media outlets" without seeming to understand the way internet media outlets work - that they simply are repeating the same band interview. I think Sugar Mouse is confused and thinks there has been multiple interviews with a great deal of fact-checking and investigative reporting.

While all of these "Sugar Mouse must be Mick" posts are amusing, I think it's simply that he/she is young, naive, ignorant of the way internet news works, and - here's the unfortunate part - not reading carefully enough to understand his/her mistake, thus continuing to repeat it.
Actually ... not. I've been a Mac fan for over 40 years and have decades of experience teaching about communication at the highest educational levels.

I know all about critical analysis and that's what is so shocking about this forum. There is no critical analysis just angry vitriol aimed at the remaining band members without any evidence to support claims made.

I've repeatedly asked for evidence and all I get from forum forum members is "you can't trust the media" or "I trust my gut feelings" which is frankly garbage critical analysis.

I keep asking to see the statements from Lindsey or Lindsey's friends/associates or Lindsey's family members and no one can find anything except a Facebook thread from Rick Turner saying he heard certain things.

Perhaps you and your buddies on this forum might want to take some classes on critical analysis and use those skills before deciding to vindicate Mr. Buckingham and vilify the remaining band members.
Old 05-29-2018, 10:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonSister75 View Post
Perfect! The best way to deal with any frustrations with this board
Apparently you are correct. The level of ignorance and angry conspiracy theories on this forum is astounding.