Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-30-2006, 03:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^ Which is awful, cuz you're gorgeous.
Old 11-30-2006, 07:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Ok. So I've been working out every damn day (ok 5 days a week) and am doing quite well - I'm losing the inches and I'm on the right track...

But today this gal at work (it's been a bad day at work) looks at some pictures I have on my desk of me with various NPR hosts...she says, "Ooh look how skinny you were..." But she doesn't stop there...she starts the "oh we should join the porker club.." or something (she's not at all heavy)...

Depressing. I know I'm not a model but good God! I think Mr. Tact has died right along with Mr. Common Sense.
Old 11-30-2006, 07:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin View Post
Wow. You guys have some f*cked up families. Mine's nowhere near normal either, but I was never made to feel that I was fat or unattractive. That's awful, and just goes to show how your upbringing really affects you for the rest of your life.

Did you guys see the Biggest Loser last night? That whiny girl got kicked off, so I didn't mind cuz she annoyed me. But I felt awful for her - she had lost a total of 60something pounds, yet she was upset because she hadn't gotten below 160. It's sad that for some of us, nothing will ever be quite good enough. What she accomplished was so amazing, but all she could focus on were the 2 more pounds she needed to get below 160.
Of course I wanted either Kai or Eric to be voted off, but I'm glad whiny girl is gone. She was definitely too much of a cry baby. I think I want Jaron, the other one that didn't start out in the house, to win. I'll hurt something if it's Kai.

I can't wait for the finale. The before and after photos are usually very dramatic.
Old 11-30-2006, 08:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzeQuze View Post
Nice to having a loving, nurturing grandma, eh? Oy. Mine's a real piece of work too.
If she died tomorrow, I wouldn't shed a tear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazmenFlowers View Post
^^^
so true. my family is reason numero uno why I am so obsessed with appearance and how I look and why I always think that no one will "love" me if I'm not perfect...I like to think that I am fine inside and out, but there's always that voice in my head. "you look so stupid in that" or "that makes you look fat" or "where are the husky jeans?"
I was never fat, but my parents made me feel that way, especially my mother. She was embarrassed by my appearance and my personality (introvert) as well. It wasn't until maybe a year ago that I finally started to accept the fact that people actually find me attractive, and that I'm not some hideous freak of nature. I've all but stopped obsessing about it. I'm concerned about the excess weight I'm carrying because I'm terrified of having a stroke or heart attack, or becoming diabetic. I actually don't think I look too bad.

My mother also has a habit of putting me down in front of other people (she's been doing it since I was little). Actually, I think this story deserves a thread all its own.
Old 11-30-2006, 10:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin View Post
^ Which is awful, cuz you're gorgeous.
Thx. Boys are just idiots. I get that now.
Old 11-30-2006, 11:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerDeanna View Post
Ok. So I've been working out every damn day (ok 5 days a week) and am doing quite well - I'm losing the inches and I'm on the right track...

But today this gal at work (it's been a bad day at work) looks at some pictures I have on my desk of me with various NPR hosts...she says, "Ooh look how skinny you were..." But she doesn't stop there...she starts the "oh we should join the porker club.." or something (she's not at all heavy)...

Depressing. I know I'm not a model but good God! I think Mr. Tact has died right along with Mr. Common Sense.
you.are.kidding.me.

what a heinous whore. i would've told her to get the **** away from me! that is awful!
Old 11-30-2006, 11:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie721 View Post
you.are.kidding.me.

what a heinous whore. i would've told her to get the **** away from me! that is awful!
Well when she said, "Look how skinny you were" I got right up and started walking away - to go into the studio..she followed and kept talking..and all I replied with was, "well I work out everyday..I'll keep doing that "

So as you can see today was not a banner day at work for me...unchivalrous men and women who call me fat

I'm thinking of calling in sick tomorrow
Old 11-30-2006, 11:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well when she said, "Look how skinny you were" I got right up and started walking away - to go into the studio..she followed and kept talking..and all I replied with was, "well I work out everyday..I'll keep doing that "

So as you can see today was not a banner day at work for me...unchivalrous men and women who call me fat

I'm thinking of calling in sick tomorrow
yeah, geez ... what a ****ty day! you should just call in tomorrow and tell them you're trying to recover from the case of douchebaggery you contracted from them today.
Old 11-30-2006, 11:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
yeah, geez ... what a ****ty day! you should just call in tomorrow and tell them you're trying to recover from the case of douchebaggery you contracted from them today.
Thanks! I was trying to think of excuses..and that's just perfect...

Seriously though I think I sounded all pissed off on the air - I found out about the parking thing right before my shift started - and then the chippy with no tact told me that half-way through my shift...

"I'm sorry, Jim, I can't come in today I've got an awful case of douchebaggery and if I come in I may end up seriously injuring two co-workers..or more....thanks bye."

Perfect...all scripted out

How was YOUR day at worK?
Old 11-30-2006, 11:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Thanks! I was trying to think of excuses..and that's just perfect...

Seriously though I think I sounded all pissed off on the air - I found out about the parking thing right before my shift started - and then the chippy with no tact told me that half-way through my shift...

"I'm sorry, Jim, I can't come in today I've got an awful case of douchebaggery and if I come in I may end up seriously injuring two co-workers..or more....thanks bye."

Perfect...all scripted out

How was YOUR day at worK?
there y'go - it's good to have it all planned out.

my day? pretty average. i walked in, got yelled at for something i didn't do, and spent my evening doing as little as possible, which really bit me in the ass b/c i had to stay almost an hour late finishing my ****. i hate my job so much. it's a great motivator for going back to school, tho.
Old 11-30-2006, 11:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by markolas View Post
I was never fat, but my parents made me feel that way, especially my mother. She was embarrassed by my appearance and my personality (introvert) as well. It wasn't until maybe a year ago that I finally started to accept the fact that people actually find me attractive, and that I'm not some hideous freak of nature. I've all but stopped obsessing about it. I'm concerned about the excess weight I'm carrying because I'm terrified of having a stroke or heart attack, or becoming diabetic. I actually don't think I look too bad.

My mother also has a habit of putting me down in front of other people (she's been doing it since I was little). Actually, I think this story deserves a thread all its own.
child...the talks you and I could have.

I was/am a huge extrovert...very outspoken and loud and playful. you should start a thread then. I could write volumes I'm sure.
Old 11-30-2006, 11:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by markolas View Post
my mother has always done this - to my peers, her peers, my coworkers, anybody. then she's all, why do you need therapy?
Old 12-01-2006, 12:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
there y'go - it's good to have it all planned out.

my day? pretty average. i walked in, got yelled at for something i didn't do, and spent my evening doing as little as possible, which really bit me in the ass b/c i had to stay almost an hour late finishing my ****. i hate my job so much. it's a great motivator for going back to school, tho.

Yeah..that sucks big bop balls. I mean getting yelled at sucks as it is, but when it's for something you didn't do? Screw that!
Old 12-01-2006, 12:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yeah..that sucks big bop balls. I mean getting yelled at sucks as it is, but when it's for something you didn't do? Screw that!
yeah. my boss did way too much blow in the early 90's. it really ****ed with him.
Old 12-01-2006, 02:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazmenFlowers View Post
^^^
so true. my family is reason numero uno why I am so obsessed with appearance and how I look and why I always think that no one will "love" me if I'm not perfect...I like to think that I am fine inside and out, but there's always that voice in my head. "you look so stupid in that" or "that makes you look fat" or "where are the husky jeans?"

I remember like it was yesterday my grandma taking me to a high-end store to get some jeans and she loudly asked where the husky section was. well, once I tried them on I had to come out in front of the sales folk while she poked and prodded and checked the waist to see if it was too tight, etc. talk about embarassed.
My god. All you people's stories. It's so sad. When I got in shape to my normal weight around age 19-21, which was about 5-10 lbs less than my previous weight, my mom asked me if I was anorexic (I weighed 133, am 5'3", and was obviously muscular). Then my grandma expressed similar concerns. She was all "are you eating enough sweetie?". When i was growing up my family always said the best figures had shape and were muscly, therefore I had the best shape. And my dad occasionally called people "bone legs" or "bony" or "no shape, just bony". No one was pretty if they didn't have enough shape. Also, no one in my family ever went on a diet, or talked about people's weight. (except the occasional "bony" or "noodle-flabby" comment by my dad). I guess all my family has good figures, though. But they would get heavy, my mom and uncle. No one cared, I guess, and they still played sports.

I didn't know people's families were like that. I knew kids in school were like that, though, due to my nickname of bubble butt, but at the time I took it as a compliment, b/c of how my family said flat butts are not cool.

My point? Everyone's family should be Italian. No, not really, I just can't believe the stories. Parents/family who are lost, and taking their children with them... My family didn't talk about looks much at all, just, I guess, talents. But they were all pretty exceptionally attractive, too. I'm the ugliest.
God, I didn't realize how it could have been, I'll have to go back and thank them...Poor Jazzy.... Good thing in actuality you are so attractive...

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -

Last edited by amber; 12-01-2006 at 02:20 AM..