User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-03-2018, 07:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenshiMaster16 View Post
Eh, I don't think Chris could've necessarily stopped this from happening, it's been in motion for too long. She can always continue the BuckVie train with Lindsey during her off time from the band and keep her relationship with him on good terms. Plus, I can't see Lindsey wanting to take others down with him when his beef is just with Stevie and potentially Mick.

I still believe Stevie and Lindsey weren't necessarily great but on good terms from 2009 up until 2012. Obviously she wasn't thrilled with the recording process for Say You Will but once that tour was over I think she had the necessary time away from him to get some peace. When Lindsey really started pushing for new material, I think that's when it all started to turn sour. Her mother dying in 2012, Lindsey pushing for a new album, Chris coming back and Stevie no longer being the sole female attraction as she had been for the past decade, not as much time in between Mac projects to have the necessary space from Lindsey, potential jealousy because of the BuckVie album, Tom's death who was clearly an emotional rock for her, and then whatever happened early this year to push things off the cliff entirely.....not a great combo for someone of her nature that loves drama. Add that to the fact I'm sure Lindsey doesn't help the situation given how toxic their relationship can be. I can't see him sitting idly by and not pushing some buttons right back.

I still admire the woman for her contributions to the band and to rock music in general but as I've said, I think I'm done with the band for this era. It's just too sour for me and it's muddied the waters a bit too much for my taste. I'm more mildly curious to hear how they blend together musically but not enough to support them financially. Now if heaven and earth move and a final reunion happens, I'll be on board because I love this era of the band almost more than I love my family but until of if that happens, I still have my albums and my memories of tours past.
Well said
The issue I have with Chris, if this rumour is true, that even if she couldn't stopped this from happening, but Inpersonally feel she could have, then why did she apparently avoid all LBs calls when he was reaching out to her. Why would she personally not try and protect their relationship?

I also agree that SnL were genuinely in a good space around 2013 with the Lovefest tour....but when Christine returned, there was a real shift in their relationship and it rollercoastered from there
Old 08-03-2018, 07:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel75 View Post
Why, should he shut up? That's surely a bit unkind. He's not in the best health so shutting his comments down is a little unnecessary. I find him a witty and endearing guy not embarrassing at all. Is he harming any body by tweeting this information, that to be honest we are interested in hearing since so little truth is being related about the band except from maybe KB.

Sure they are not bosom buddies anymore, but he was for the most part LBs best friend for years so he knows more than anyone what is going on with the band politically at the moment. He may know of LBs plans for a solo tour p, we don't know but he's not going to be foolish enough to relay information to this info without LBs blessing and before its public information. You can't say shut up to him and then expect him to tell you things only that YOU want to personally hear.
May I remind you that I'm entitled to my opinion about Richard?

Did I say to him that he should shut up? No, I didn't. And if I do, I don't need to ask you for your permission, or for anyone's for that matter.

AM I the only one interested in Lindsey's solo tour instead of what happened between him and all those a*sholes? Yeah, right.

There's a reason why anybody's talking about his tour.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 08-03-2018, 08:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
AM I the only one interested in Lindsey's solo tour instead of what happened between him and all those a*sholes? Yeah, right.

There's a reason why anybody's talking about his tour.
No, I am equally interested in hearing about Lindsey's tour but I am certainly not angry that Richard isn't telling me on Twitter about it because clearly he doesn't want to divulge this info to the public
Old 08-03-2018, 08:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
No, I am equally interested in hearing about Lindsey's tour but I am certainly not angry that Richard isn't telling me on Twitter about it because clearly he doesn't want to divulge this info to the public
I know I don’t need to repeat myself but did I express my anger at him? No. And even if I did, it’s my right. My anger has nothing to do with him not telling anything about Lindsey’s solo tour because there’s honestly nothing to tell.
He fought with some fans years ago and he’s not giving any new info. We have already known everything he’s telling since before Lindsey was fired.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Old 08-03-2018, 08:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
My anger has nothing to do with him not telling anything about Lindsey’s solo tour because there’s honestly nothing to tell.
Exactly!

Then why did you say this.... Quote "And why isn't he asking Lindsey about his solo tour if he's now such good friends with him again? "

You contradict yourself, this is what I don't understand with your debates
Old 08-03-2018, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
So sue her. Is that what they're going to do? If she put her foot firmly down, it wouldn't have happened.

Change my mind.

Oh wait, you can't!
There you go again bashing my Queen.. You're lucky she even came back to the States to sing for you bastards!!!!!

That was my chiffon imitation... how did I do?
Old 08-03-2018, 10:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Exactly!

Then why did you say this.... Quote "And why isn't he asking Lindsey about his solo tour if he's now such good friends with him again? "

You contradict yourself, this is what I don't understand with your debates
Again, I’m not angry at him because he’s not telling anything about Lindsey’s solo tour because there’s nothing to tell. There’s literally nothing to tell.

I was being sarcastic with my comment. If he were such good friends with Lindsey he would have already given us some kind of information on his tour. And yet, nothing. He talks and talks ... and talks. And so far he has given us what? Sorry but he sounds like a fan with sources to me.
Old 08-04-2018, 12:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepless child View Post
Please don’t blame Christine McVie for what happened to Lindsey. After texting with Chris I am convinced that whatever went down between Stevie & Lindsey was to personal, complex, hurtful & deep for her to have affected the outcome in any meaningful way. She has a heavy heart...r
all RD tweets on the topic today, the oldest at the bottom:

@RichardDashut
I know this, the opposite of love is not hate but apathy. There was never any apathy between Stevie and Lindsey, not now, not ever.

4 replies 12 retweets 63 likes

@RichardDashut
True but at this point in her life she has a right to finish up her career with what she loves doing, playing her music. She has at least earned that & this is the band she helped immortalize. I know she is deeply conflicted & saddened. I understand your feelings though.....r

7 replies 0 retweets 16 likes

@RichardDashut
Believe me I was witness to many an intense argument between Stevie & Lindsey back in the early 70s when we were all living together. To get in the middle was a futile exercise in emotional hostage rescue with little positive results, usually leading in ones own self destruction.

3 replies 6 retweets 63 likes

@RichardDashut
Please don’t blame Christine McVie for what happened to Lindsey. After texting with Chris I am convinced that whatever went down between Stevie & Lindsey was to personal, complex, hurtful & deep for her to have affected the outcome in any meaningful way. She has a heavy heart...r

27 replies 20 retweets 126 likes

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 08-04-2018, 12:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
@RichardDashut
True but at this point in her life she has a right to finish up her career with what she loves doing, playing her music. She has at least earned that & this is the band she helped immortalize. I know she is deeply conflicted & saddened. I understand your feelings though.....r
This tweet annoyed me the most as no one is saying Chris shouldn't continue her career and play music but I believe if she stood her ground and dictated to Stevie and Mick that LB should never be fired because of a petty SnL personal issue then FM would still be in tact AND she could then go on to even contribute to a BuckVie 2 if she desired. Her career would have been better if she had not burnt her bridge with LB.
Old 08-04-2018, 12:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
There you go again bashing my Queen.. You're lucky she even came back to the States to sing for you bastards!!!!!

That was my chiffon imitation... how did I do?
She WAS my Queen, for the majority of my life. When the stories came out that she kept Bob Welch out of the HOF, that broke my heart. But I did my best to give her a pass. I really did. Even though I suspected the worst(or began to).

Now her f*cking up this whole thing with Lindsey? Are you f*cking kidding me? She ain't no Superwoman. She's a corporate shill. Toeing the line, even when she knows it's WRONG. FM would have died 30 years ago without Lindsey.

She deserves to have to put up with Old Goat Breath, night after night, listening to her endless bleating.
Old 08-04-2018, 05:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I'm just impressed that Christine, on the Edge of 75, is sending text messages!
Old 08-04-2018, 07:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

It sounds like Christine is between a rock and a hard place. She was in limbo for so many years and knows she doesn't have a whole lot of time left to tour and make music. Maybe John doesn't want to do this anymore. So the battle between Stevie and Lindsey is one it's best not to get in the middle of. She may have feared she would be out too. Who knows, maybe she and Lindsey have talked and he told her it's ok. We don't know everything. I'm glad Richard has at least tried to find out some truth for us fans. And he's known them forever.

I have changed, but you remain ageless
Old 08-04-2018, 08:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Sounds like the argument between Stevie and Lindsey got so out of hand that he said something so bad that not even Chistine could defend him or stay on his side.
I guess we all know that Lindsey can be mean, perhaps he simply went too far this time.
Still - they should have called it quits, then - and not turn this band into the travesty it is now.
Or - as people in their 70s, they could have taken a break and then talk it out after everyone calmed down, like adults do.

Last edited by AncientQueen; 08-04-2018 at 08:25 AM..
Old 08-04-2018, 08:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientQueen View Post
Sounds like the argument between Stevie and Lindsey got so out of hand that he said something so bad that not even Chistine could defend him or stay on his side.
I guess we all know that Lindsey can be mean, perhaps he simply went too far this time.
Still - they should have called it quits, then - and not turn this band into the travesty it is now.
Or - as people in their 70s, they could have taken a break and then talk it out after everyone calmed down, like adults do.
Lindsey do something to cause his own ouster from the band? Impossible. He is a heroic victim.
Old 08-04-2018, 08:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientQueen View Post

Or just called it a day, do what most 70 year olds do......retire !!!