User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-01-2018, 07:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieNicksfann View Post
Thank you for being a voice of reason. All the people who say that Stevie fans blindly protect her seem to be doing the exact same thing for Lindsey now. Logic would dictate that he must have done something unforgivable or "wrong" for him to not just get booted from the tour but to be fired completely from the band and for that to be endorsed or at least supported by ALL of the remaining members of the band.

Before anyone tries to attack my validity due to my screen name as if that would diminish my credibility, it is true Stevie is my favorite but for me Stevie is a 9, Christine an 8, and Lindsey a 7. They are all very close to me and it's too close for me to sit there and attack one over the other. So yes, if the roles were reversed and Stevie was fired, I would say theorize the same thing that she must have done something huge for that result to have happened.

Logically speaking, all or most of the other data points cited to support the anti-Stevie or Mick or even Christine vitriol don't make sense to me either.

1) They don't hold Stevie to the same standard. This doesn't hold true for me. Christine chose not to participate and they forged on as FM. Lindsey chose not to participate before in '87 and they forged on as FM. The point was made that Stevie chose to support IYD in '12 and thus broke Mick's heart because he didn't feel FM would ever tour again at the time and since Stevie chose not to participate anymore, they should have replaced her and forged on as FM then. However, in Christine and Lindsey's cases, their departures were supposedly permanent at the time and they legally withdrew themselves as contractual members of Fleetwood Mac. In fact, this happened with Stevie as well in the '90's when she officially withdrew and they DID forge on as FM then with a different lineup sans Stevie. But in 2012, pissed as Mick may have been, Stevie didn't withdraw from the band she prevented him from enacting plans he wanted to make. So his issue should have been that she wasn't available when he wanted her to be. Then this is the issue you say? Well…

2) I'm not saying Stevie is an angel by no means. I'm sure she has been a pain in the ass in the same way Lindsey has been a pain in the ass and John was when he was always drunk in the '70's. However, Stevie saying they had a problem with Lindsey wanting to delay this tour does not seem hypocritical to me because the issue isn't with "time", it's with "timing". In 2012, the only time Stevie has delayed FM's desires, no tour was actually booked. She didn't renig on any commitments or affect anyone's livelihood or bank accounts. BOTH times Lindsey has not toured with them it has been when contracts were drawn, tours were fully booked, schedules made, people hired, etc… Stevie threw away her own plans to support 24K Gold in order to do a second FM tour in a row once Christine came back. She asked for the time off after that which everyone agreed to. They said yes. Lindsey said yes. They agreed to tour in 2018. Everyone said yes. It's at this point that the issue isn't that one wanted time off but that you're going against an obligation you already agreed to.

3) Jealousy over the BuckVie album. Hogwash. There's no logic to support this at all. She's washed up and has no creativity. More hogwash. Even if that were the case, she has plenty of old demos to submit. She was asked several times to participate and CHOSE not to. She did her solo thing because she had put it off for 2 years already. Jealous over the name? Not letting it be called Fleetwood Mac? Hogwash. It couldn't be called Fleetwood Mac legally. All other times a member has been missing and an album was subsequently made, the missing member was no longer a contractual member of the band. There have been FM albums without Christine. There have been FM albums without Lindsey and there has even been an album (Time) without Stevie that was indeed called Fleetwood Mac. But she was not a legal member of the band then. This time she was. You could not call that Fleetwood Mac. It had to be called something else. Please stop with Stevie was jealous and wouldn't let it be called Fleetwood Mac. That's ludicrous thinking.

As many years as I have consulted humans on many levels, I would bet my life Lindsey did something pretty huge for this to have happened. But is he the devil? No. Does he deserve the blame? Not necessarily. Who knows he could have been provoked, who knows the backstory or anything else. And this does not mean to lessen or negate all of his incredible contributions to the band over the years. This is less about the "what" but probably more about the "how" it happened or even "why". And it's not because after all these years Stevie could not stomach one more tour with him and would risk all of this backlash. Does not pass the common sense test. Way too savvy for that she is. And why would Lindsey's family be protecting him and/or why wouldn't Stevie and Mick be showing no mercy in the media if Lindsey did something. Because they didn't reveal that he slapped Stevie back in '87 right away either. And even then Stevie also tried to strangle him so it was more about what triggered the physical altercation than the altercation itself. So in short, this **** is complicated and no one is going to be able to discern the absolute truth with any certainty unless a video recording of everything that was said suddenly comes to light.

So until then, can we please stop the blaming? Because all I am is theorizing, which I'm only doing to demonstrate that it's possible to look at this from another point of view. I'm not blaming any of them or I'd have to start blaming ALL of them.
All valid points, but those blaming Stevie for LBs firing have specific evidence and sources to confirm that it came down to an ultimatum. The 'he was not wanting to tour now' reason has been clearly discredited. We will probably never know the exact details of the arguments or meeting that took place but there is really no obvious or possible reason why he could be fired unless she said I'm not touring unless there is no Lindsey Buckingham
Old 05-01-2018, 07:42 PM
Angel75
This message has been deleted by Angel75.
Old 05-01-2018, 09:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

There are so many points of view here--heads could spin. To be clear up front--I am a fan of this band. I don't wave a Lindsey banner, I don't wave a Stevie banner.... I love the band. THEY HAVE COLLECTIVELY F"D UP. Doesn't matter where your fan base it... it's fact.. These are self entitled over indulged children and someone let them run amuck...now we own this atrocity.
Did Lindsey do any one thing to cause this--my argument is no. Nor did Stevie or Mick. I find it offensive that people are hauling out stories from Lindsey's past to try to justify this. It's insulting and if people want to discuss further, I am happy to. Stevie herself defended Lindsey (and apologized to him) from some pretty slanderous comments Mick made in one of his fictitous diatribes. The egos at play with this group are gargantuan, and none of them live in a reality based world. Let the past go.. they have. I choose to believe the comments they all make about each other are tinged in truth (both positive and negative). Stevie wouldn't be where she is without Lindsey and vice versa. Unfortunately, this lot is on the shorter end of the time spectrum, and if they don't get their isht together soon, someone is going to be singing "Landslide" at someone else's funeral.
Old 05-01-2018, 09:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
There are so many points of view here--heads could spin. To be clear up front--I am a fan of this band. I don't wave a Lindsey banner, I don't wave a Stevie banner.... I love the band. THEY HAVE COLLECTIVELY F"D UP. Doesn't matter where your fan base it... it's fact.. These are self entitled over indulged children and someone let them run amuck...now we own this atrocity.
Did Lindsey do any one thing to cause this--my argument is no. Nor did Stevie or Mick. I find it offensive that people are hauling out stories from Lindsey's past to try to justify this. It's insulting and if people want to discuss further, I am happy to. Stevie herself defended Lindsey (and apologized to him) from some pretty slanderous comments Mick made in one of his fictitous diatribes. The egos at play with this group are gargantuan, and none of them live in a reality based world. Let the past go.. they have. I choose to believe the comments they all make about each other are tinged in truth (both positive and negative). Stevie wouldn't be where she is without Lindsey and vice versa. Unfortunately, this lot is on the shorter end of the time spectrum, and if they don't get their isht together soon, someone is going to be singing "Landslide" at someone else's funeral.
This. Absolutely. 100%
Old 05-01-2018, 10:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel75 View Post
All valid points, but those blaming Stevie for LBs firing have specific evidence and sources to confirm that it came down to an ultimatum. The 'he was not wanting to tour now' reason has been clearly discredited. We will probably never know the exact details of the arguments or meeting that took place but there is really no obvious or possible reason why he could be fired unless she said I'm not touring unless there is no Lindsey Buckingham
If Lindsey choose not to speak, we will never know the details, no. But there was an ultimatum, and for some fans it's easier to believe this is not true. That Stevie had nothing to do with this. But she was and his family agrees with it.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 05-01-2018, 10:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
If Lindsey choose not to speak, we will never know the details, no. But there was an ultimatum, and for some fans it's easier to believe this is not true. That Stevie had nothing to do with this. But she was and his family agrees with it.
I think it's worth mentioning that Lindsey never really issues statements. Like ever. After he left after Tango, he released exactly one statement that revealed absolutely nothing of what happened, just basically a confirmation that he was indeed no longer in the band and that he wishes them well. That was it. When Mick's book came out he did not issue a statement. In interviews he did while promoting his OOTC album, that's when he finally said something about the book.
But other than that, Lindsey doesn't really say much to the press ever so the whole 'if he got mistreated in this why is he silent about it' argument doesn't have much weight because unless he's doing interviews to promote something, he's basically always silent.
Old 05-01-2018, 10:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Actually, I think it’s very likely she DID give an ultimatum. I want substantiated details as to WHY, as opposed to stories from secret sources. And I want to know why the others allowed her to give an ultimatum if she gave one. Especially if it is true he did everything to compromise. Chris and John ultimately did not put their feet down. Mike and Neil agreed to sign on. These are not stupid people. They know they can be sued if there was a breach of contract. They had their reasons and it comes back to Lindsey, they one they let go.
Old 05-01-2018, 10:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieandChris View Post
Actually, I think it’s very likely she DID give an ultimatum. I want substantiated details as to WHY, as opposed to stories from secret sources. And I want to know why the others allowed her to give an ultimatum if she gave one. Especially if it is true he did everything to compromise. Chris and John ultimately did not put their feet down. Mike and Neil agreed to sign on. These are not stupid people. They know they can be sued if there was a breach of contract. They had their reasons and it comes back to Lindsey, they one they let go.
Because she fills arenas, he doesn't. And that's the only thing that matters to Mick. He agreed to fire Lindsey because financial loses will be less in comparison to Stevie leaving.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Old 05-01-2018, 10:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Because she fills arenas, he doesn't. And that's the only thing that matters to Mick. He agreed to fire Lindsey because financial loses will be less in comparison to Stevie leaving.
That is speculation. They all know they would make more money with Rumours-five lineup. I don’t buy this is why the others sided with her if there was an ultimatum even after Lindsey supposedly was willing to compromise.
Old 05-01-2018, 10:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That is speculation. They all know they would make more money with Rumours-five lineup. I don’t buy this is why the others sided with her if there was an ultimatum even after Lindsey supposedly was willing to compromise.
A "him or me" ultimatum means exactly that. There's no speculation in Stevie bringing more people to concerts than Lindsey.

And there's no supposedly in Lindsey compromising to do both tours. You think we manipulated the video?
Old 05-01-2018, 11:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
A "him or me" ultimatum means exactly that. There's no speculation in Stevie bringing more people to concerts than Lindsey.

And there's no supposedly in Lindsey compromising to do both tours. You think we manipulated the video?
No, that is what he told fans on the video but we don’t know what he told the band about compromise. Just like we don’t know the details behind what caused the alleged ultimatum and what motivated the others to side with Stevie if she was the ringleader. The reason given here - ticket sales - is also speculation.
Old 05-01-2018, 11:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
No, that is what he told fans on the video but we don’t know what he told the band about compromise. Just like we don’t know the details behind what caused the alleged ultimatum and what motivated the others to side with Stevie if she was the ringleader. The reason given here - ticket sales - is also speculation.
That's because they chose not to tell any of it. And not exactly because they didn't have the chance. Instead they chose to say he didn't want to tour until November 2019.

Everybody knows Stevie sells more tickets than Lindsey. I'm not gonna waste my time searching for ticket sales on both their solo tours.
Old 05-01-2018, 11:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That's because they chose not to tell any of it. And not exactly because they didn't have the chance. Instead they chose to say he didn't want to tour until November 2019.

Everybody knows Stevie sells more tickets than Lindsey. I'm not gonna waste my time searching for ticket sales on both their solo tours.
We don’t know that saying he wanted to move the tour to November 2019 was a lie, or something Lindsey did say at some point at some point. The fan video could have been shot after that initial conversation with the band, but before he had a conversation with the rest of the band about a compromise. No one truly knows the time-frame. We were not there.

Of course she sells more tickets. That is not the speculation part. The speculation part is what motivated the others to side with Stevie if there was an ultimatum. We don’t know that ticket sales was the reason. It is an assumption.

Last edited by StevieandChris; 05-01-2018 at 11:26 PM..
Old 05-01-2018, 11:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
We don’t know that saying he wanted to move the tour to November 2019 was a lie, or something Lindsey did say at some point at some point. The fan video could have been shot after that initial conversation with the band, but before he had a conversation with the rest of the band about a compromise. No one truly knows the time-frame. We were not there.
One of the members of the Buckingham McVie touring band commented on a post in an LB facebook group and said that it's not true that Lindsey wanted them to delay the tour. He said that Lindsey was excited for it and had even shared the rehearsal dates with him. The information that Rick Turner shared also corroborates this. This is also what the people with 'sources' had said-- and they'd actually been saying that since before the conversation with Rick happened, before the BuckVie band member said anything, before that video was posted. What he wanted, according to Rick and to those people, was to be allowed to do solo shows in between the Mac tour, exactly as that video indicates he was planning.
And you're right that we weren't there, and maybe earlier on he had asked if they could delay the tour. But as all of those people made clear, that was not the case at the time of the firing and that's what really matters. He was not insisting they delay it, nor was he issuing any ultimatums that he wouldn't tour.
Old 05-01-2018, 11:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Of course she sells more tickets. That is not the speculation part. The speculation part is what motivated the others to side with Stevie if there was an ultimatum. We don’t know that ticket sales was the reason. It is an assumption.
So, Stevie and Mick weren't lying about the delay until November 2019, but Lindsey was lying about wanting to do both tours? 6 days after that video he was fired. I think it's safe to assume Mike Campbell was approached before Musicares. And don't tell me this is speculation.

Money moves the world, but you clearly don't get it.
Old 05-01-2018, 11:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
One of the members of the Buckingham McVie touring band commented on a post in an LB facebook group and said that it's not true that Lindsey wanted them to delay the tour. He said that Lindsey was excited for it and had even shared the rehearsal dates with him. The information that Rick Turner shared also corroborates this. This is also what the people with 'sources' had said-- and they'd actually been saying that since before the conversation with Rick happened, before the BuckVie band member said anything, before that video was posted. What he wanted, according to Rick and to those people, was to be allowed to do solo shows in between the Mac tour, exactly as that video indicates he was planning.
And you're right that we weren't there, and maybe earlier on he had asked if they could delay the tour. But as all of those people made clear, that was not the case at the time of the firing and that's what really matters. He was not insisting they delay it, nor was he issuing any ultimatums that he wouldn't tour.
No matter if the Pope himself confirms it. It's just speculation.