Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-19-2014, 12:14 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
If we go one step further and believe that everything that comes out of any
of the band members is PR-BS then things make more sense...Everything SN says about wanting CM back or being happy about CM's return = PR-BS...The story of how CM's return came about=PR-BS...What story sounds better? I came back because I missed my band and the fans or I only came out of retirement for the money and attention....Personally I think CM's return was well planned by MF for quite a while (possibly years) as a way to increase FM's cash flow and as a tactic for MF to get Stevie to do things his way ( never ending tours / new albums ) If this is what's really happening then Stevie's behavior makes a little more sense...The more MF/FM pushes and tries to make Stevie look bad in the public eye the more disconnected she seems to become from FM.
Makes sense... Put the pressure on... I wouldn't put it past MF.
Old 11-19-2014, 12:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by teedeerocks View Post
"Fleetwood Slack - The Stevie Nixed Tour 2015"
heeee heeee
Old 11-19-2014, 12:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think the group should "leak" some of the material they have been working on without Stevie. Most of us would of course be in a frenzy, debating each segment of the song(s). Stevie will start to get jealous no doubt. There'd be tons of questions by media, and the band can say yeah that's just a demo from our next album....tons of pressure on Stevie when newspapers/websites ask her about it.
Old 11-19-2014, 12:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Maybe the band should do what they do with Stevie on LB & CM songs to LB on Stevie's songs...CM MF JM work out the songs with Stevie and then when they are almost done bring LB in at the end to put his parts on.
Old 11-19-2014, 01:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Lindsey doesn't want Stevie telling him how his songs should be but Stevie is supposed to let LB walk all over her songs and she's just supposed to let him do it....
The last thing we knew, from the EP, Lindsey was trying to shape his songs to please Stevie, to entice her into wanting to sing them. So, I doubt he would be trying to dominate her songs any longer. Yes, she fought with him during SYW, 10 years ago. There's no evidence that he is demanding control of her songs anymore -- not since she told him she would never work with him again after SYW. He seems to have moved from that position. He produced Christine's songs and noted that it's something that Stevie doesn't want from him. There's no reason to think Stevie was told that if she recorded with FM Lindsey would get to "walk all over her songs."

Michele
Old 11-19-2014, 01:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
of the band members is PR-BS then things make more sense...Everything SN says about wanting CM back or being happy about CM's return = PR-BS...The story of how CM's return came about=PR-BS...What story sounds better? I came back because I missed my band and the fans or I only came out of retirement for the money and attention....Personally I think CM's return was well planned by MF for quite a while (possibly years) as a way to increase FM's cash flow and as a tactic for MF to get Stevie to do things his way ( never ending tours / new albums ) If this is what's really happening then Stevie's behavior makes a little more sense...The more MF/FM pushes and tries to make Stevie look bad in the public eye the more disconnected she seems to become from FM.
Christine initiated the reunion and her overcoming her fear of flying. It was not Mick.
Old 11-19-2014, 01:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Probably after the first of the year they will know more whats going on with the album.They will get this first leg of the tour over with and under their belt and enjoy the holidays .Thats my guess.

I was thinking if Stevie picked any tunes picked out from her archives or freshly written for the new album yet. Since she so busy promoting her 24K and touring with Mac which she has a little time left.

This album saga reminds me of those TV series cliffhangers that leaves the viewers on the edge until the series returns in the fall.

Who shot JR of Dallas comes to mind for a example.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 11-19-2014, 01:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
Christine initiated the reunion and her overcoming her fear of flying. It was not Mick.
So they say. This band is the biggest bunch of BS'ers when it comes what goes on with the band...
Old 11-19-2014, 01:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You really think at 71 Chris's motivation for coming back is money and attention? She seems very happy to be performing again, and not being stuck on her own in her mansion. I'm sure she enjoys earning the money, but I really don't believe that was her no1 motivation for coming back.
Old 11-19-2014, 01:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
-- not since she told him she would never work with him again after SYW.

Michele
She must have had a pretty horrendous time to say something like that. I can understand why she's reluctant to put herself in the situation again.

Still, I hope they manage to work something out. It would be a real shame not to get some new music from them, particularly now Chris is back, and they already have these 8 new songs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post

This album saga reminds me of those TV series cliffhangers that leaves the viewers on the edge until the series returns in the fall.

Who shot JR of Dallas comes to mind for a example.

Drama till the end.....
Old 11-19-2014, 01:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
So they say. This band is the biggest bunch of BS'ers when it comes what goes on with the band...
If they had planned Christine's return, they wouldn't have done it so close to the last tour, I'm sure. The poor timing seems to prove that it was a surprise.

Michele
Old 11-19-2014, 02:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
If they had planned Christine's return, they wouldn't have done it so close to the last tour, I'm sure. The poor timing seems to prove that it was a surprise.

Michele
No one forced FM to instantly book another tour.
Old 11-19-2014, 02:44 PM
Senior Ledgie

Hello all---

I, for one, would love to hear what Stevie’s supposed close friend, Tom Petty, would have to say about all this. Tom’s wit and no-nonsense attitude are legendary. I can totally hear him saying, “Put on your big girl panties, stop complaining, and make a record. If Lindsey pushes, you push back.”

But I can’t imagine he’d go public with any comments about her, so we will never hear that conversation.

In Stevie’s defense, she has every right to do what she wants. She’s a grown woman who clearly wants to continue making music but is possibly asking herself, “I don’t have many years of this career left in the tank. How do I really want to spend those years?”

But the fan in me is thinking, “Suck it up. You would have been waiting tables and playing acoustic shows in coffee houses for the last 30+ years if this band hadn’t taken you in. And who knows what would have happened to the band if you hadn’t come along? We might not even be here discussing them at all. You did all this together, the five of you. Ms. Nicks, for better or worse, you’re the face of the band. ACT LIKE IT. Step up, bring in some great songs, and show up in the studio to make sure they sound great. Push Lindsey to step outside his box and give your songs the production they deserve. Make a final masterpiece with this band.”

On the other hand…

I have no problem with them making an album as a four-piece without her. I would prefer that Stevie be involved, because the magic occurs when those five people are together.

But if she keeps playing games or insists that Dave produce, thank her for her time, wish her good luck, and finish that record. It might not have the old FM magic, but the band can still make a great record with Christine and Lindsey leading the way.

matt
Old 11-19-2014, 02:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Lucas View Post
Hello all---

I, for one, would love to hear what Stevie’s supposed close friend, Tom Petty, would have to say about all this. Tom’s wit and no-nonsense attitude are legendary. I can totally hear him saying, “Put on your big girl panties, stop complaining, and make a record. If Lindsey pushes, you push back.”

But I can’t imagine he’d go public with any comments about her, so we will never hear that conversation.

In Stevie’s defense, she has every right to do what she wants. She’s a grown woman who clearly wants to continue making music but is possibly asking herself, “I don’t have many years of this career left in the tank. How do I really want to spend those years?”

But the fan in me is thinking, “Suck it up. You would have been waiting tables and playing acoustic shows in coffee houses for the last 30+ years if this band hadn’t taken you in. And who knows what would have happened to the band if you hadn’t come along? We might not even be here discussing them at all. You did all this together, the five of you. Ms. Nicks, for better or worse, you’re the face of the band. ACT LIKE IT. Step up, bring in some great songs, and show up in the studio to make sure they sound great. Push Lindsey to step outside his box and give your songs the production they deserve. Make a final masterpiece with this band.”

On the other hand…

I have no problem with them making an album as a four-piece without her. I would prefer that Stevie be involved, because the magic occurs when those five people are together.

But if she keeps playing games or insists that Dave produce, thank her for her time, wish her good luck, and finish that record. It might not have the old FM magic, but the band can still make a great record with Christine and Lindsey leading the way.

matt
Hear hear.
My only hope is she hurries up and decides what she's doing sooner rather than later. Either way she's free to decide what she wants for her future. For the benefit of the others though she cant string them along. If she isn't doing an album she needs to tell them- their planning for Summer/Autumn 2015 will be massively different based on what she decides. If they do go out as a four piece that will take quite a bit of careful thinking through.
Old 11-19-2014, 03:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The story of how CM's return came about=PR-BS...What story sounds better? I came back because I missed my band and the fans or I only came out of retirement for the money and attention....Personally I think CM's return was well planned by MF for quite a while (possibly years) as a way to increase FM's cash flow and as a tactic for MF to get Stevie to do things his way ( never ending tours / new albums ) If this is what's really happening then Stevie's behavior makes a little more sense...The more MF/FM pushes and tries to make Stevie look bad in the public eye the more disconnected she seems to become from FM.
Christine’s return wasn’t something ginned up by Mick. It was a process I suspect that started when she read Ken’s book. Ken said in an interview dated March 29, 2012 that "Christine McVie has read the book now, and she told me that she loved it. Christine said that I brought passion back into the music for her and brought back so many memories. She’s the only real sweetheart in the group. The rest of them are all fighting with each other." Almost two years to the day later, the band was on the Today Show announcing Christine had rejoined Fleetwood Mac.

The fact that Lindsey told the band not to participate in the book because he might want to write one of his own someday means Christine can't very well use that as a reason, but it was Ken who leaked that Christine was going to Maui and that Christine would be performing with the Fleetwood Blues Band, which is why I believe that Ken more than anybody is responsible for Christine's comeback.

THE Stephen Hopkins