The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-02-2013, 09:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks everyone! I appreciate all the kind words. And I couldn't actually touch the microphone, I had to hover hand it. Mick was rather infatuated with my SO, being tall and skinny with a common trait of a "concave chest!"

Just a dream, just a dream.
Old 05-03-2013, 10:59 AM
Ledgie

I was at the same meet and greet as you HelloMonster (Sorry, I don't know your name). You guys looked great! I'm sure this has been asked before, but does anyone know how I get to the pics? I can't find a link anywhere on Mick's site.

Thanks!!

Last edited by rianbay1; 05-03-2013 at 11:03 AM..
Old 06-03-2013, 03:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Has anybody who has already done a Mick M&G actually seen their picture on a website?? I haven't heard much feedback on this...
Old 06-03-2013, 05:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMlex View Post
Has anybody who has already done a Mick M&G actually seen their picture on a website?? I haven't heard much feedback on this...
Yes, they are posted within a day or two.
Old 06-04-2013, 08:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by redtulip View Post
Yes, they are posted within a day or two.
Great, thanks! I have a M&G this week... eeep!
Old 06-07-2013, 01:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Can someone going to a m&G please ask why there are no m&Gs for any of the Oz/NZ shows or if they will become available. gracias
or if i missed the memo, please direct me to it

p.s HelloMonster WOW! your outfit looks like you pulled it right off of Stevie lol. your bf's even got the balls ... lol very well done

Last edited by StreetAngel86; 06-07-2013 at 01:51 AM..
Old 06-07-2013, 12:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Houston - June 5 - M&G

Here's my Meet and Greet experience from the Houston show on Wednesday, June 5th... I hope you all enjoy!

Got to the venue at about 5:00pm - the email I received 48 hours in advance notified me to bring my photo ID and be at the box office at 5:30pm.

I went up to the box office, showed the ticket agent my ID and told her I was with the VIP Experience. She searched and found my envelope containing my two concert tickets. She told me to go stand with the group of people off to the side.

It was 95 degrees and about 300% humidity, so my dad and I decided to walk back to our car since we were still early. We got back to the group at about 5:23pm and noticed that our Ground Ctrl "leader" was now present. He had a bunch of lanyards and a clipboard. We all stood in line to show him our photo ID and he checked our names off and gave us the appropriate amount of lanyards.

Then we all just kind of hung around and chatted amongst ourselves. At 5:33pm, Justin (our Ground Ctrl "leader") began talking to us. He was extremely polite, joking about the freaking hot weather, and told us what we were about to experience. As heard from others, the two main rules (besides having fun) were: 1) no photography or video of any kind allowed inside and 2) do not touch anything on the stage. He was very "with it", and told us how the process would go. Even right down to how the picture taking would be. He was very nice and even got all of us into the Team Shop (the Toyota Center is where the Houston Rockets play) so we were able to stand in the air conditioning. We weren't in there for more than 5 minutes when he announced that it was time to head into the arena. I have read from other M&G reviews that people could hear sound check going on, but sadly I did not hear this.

So we lined up and entered the actual arena. It was really chilling to see the empty 18,000 seat arena. We made our way down to the first few front rows on stage-right. My dad and I got seats on the very front row, since we were toward the front of the group going in. As we were all getting our seats, I got my first glimpse of Mick on stage. He was chatting with his "handler" (for lack of a better word... perhaps this man was his tour manager or something). Mick was so tall and mighty with such a strong presence. He didn't seem pretentious at all, as you might imagine someone that successful and famous. We all sat down, and Mick immediately made a joke about how he has to be careful with what he said because now he is miked up (versus just holding a microphone). He scanned our group as if looking for someone. Then he pointed to a man sitting next to my dad and said, "Ah-ha, there you are!" Mick went on to tell us that this man is from Australia and he goes to many, many Mac shows. He asked him if he was going to see him again and the man said he had about 5 more shows to go to. My apologies if this person is on The Ledge, and I just don't know his name.

Mick then told us to take the stairs and come up on stage, to be careful with our step. We formed a half moon around him on stage. I ended up being in John's area of the stage. I caught a glimpse of his setlist which was taped to the floor. On about 5 of the songs, there was a red rectangular stamp to the left of the song name. My dad and I were trying to figure out what it was for the longest time. Anybody have any ideas??

Anyway, we all finally gathered around, and Mick began to talk to us. He personally made sure that the shorter folks were in the front so they could see. He was extremely eloquent in his speech, and made eye contact with each of us around the semi-circle. We had two little boys (ages 7 and 5, I would say) in our group, and he personally talked to them. First about what their t-shirts said (one was an AC/DC shirt), and then if they played any instruments. One of them played the drums (or so he said.. heehee).

As reported from other M&Gs, Mick talked first about how everyone (band and crew) is a family. They go their separate ways, come back together, leave again. But they all care about each other and they all know when anyone else is in danger. It's just an instinct. He then talked about the stage, and how back in the old days they would just have a teeny tiny stage and then local carpenters at each show would add on to the stage. He also said something about having foam underneath the stage in the old days. Then he pointed out different areas of the stage - where John stood, Stevie's area, Lindsey's area, backup singers' area, where the backing band was, etc. He talked about the lighting then (just a large tower of lights on either side of the stage, held up by a truss) and now (how hi-tech everything is).

He joked how he was an old race horse, that after every show he is iced up all along his arms and back. He said he couldn't imagine retiring, that this is what he loves to do. Even if Fleetwood Mac never existed, he would still be playing in pubs in England.

He talked for a good 15 to 20 minutes I would say. I was listening and looking around the stage.

At this point, it was time for pictures. Mick scooted over a little bit to center/stage-left. Justin took all the photos. It was a quick process. I couldn't get over how tall Mick was when standing next to him. After everyone was finished, Mick brought the two little boys over to his drum kit. They got special pictures with Mick behind his drum kit. Mick even hoisted one of them up on his seat so that he could be seen behind all the drums. What lucky kids! This was a very sweet gesture by Mick, and we all applauded him. Jokingly, Mick said to the two boys, "Oh look kids, you're getting applause!"

As each individual and group got their pictures taken, we exited stage-left down the stairs and back to where we were sitting. Then Mick came down and stood right in front of the first row where I was. Justin began collecting items that we all wanted signed. I brought the Rumours album on vinyl and my Dad brought the White Album on vinyl. Many people had their VIP lanyards and tickets signed. One person brought a drum head, one brought a symbol. Those were the most unique ones, I think.

Mick's handler would hand him items one by one to sign, and as he was signing, he was answering questions from our group. Someone asked if he would see Peter Green when in England and asked how Peter was doing. Mick said he thought he was doing okay. With his condition, he doesn't talk to him anymore.

Other questions:

-"You've seen Christine recently in Hawaii. How is she doing? Why doesn't she tour with you guys?" Mick's answer: She's doing great. She has retired. She doesn't want to do it anymore. We understand. Stevie is a little sad without her, but it is Chris' choice.

-"Will there be a live CD or DVD of this tour?" Mick's answer: We record every show on multi-track, and we will probably video the London shows (with Christine) or perhaps even an Australia show.

-"You've had successful business ventures. I'm starting up a business soon. Any advice for me?" Mick's answer: I've had lots of unsuccessful ones. It is hard. Find something you are passionate about, and stick with it.

-"Are you able to check out local musicians in the cities you go, or is it pretty much tour, tour, tour and you don't see much?" Mick's answer: Pretty much tour, tour, tour. After the show that evening, we're getting straight on a plane to Tampa and will arrive at our hotel at 4am. We have that day off, but it can be very grueling. (*Side note: I wonder if they made it to Tampa that evening with that tropical storm...*)

There weren't an awful lot of questions, maybe 7 or 8, not for lack of questions but because Mick gave such long answers. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed hearing him talk. His handler kept looking at his watch, saying okay okay we gotta hurry it up. Mick didn't seem to pay him any mind. After Mick signed everything and wrapped up his thoughts, his handler said "Okay, it is time for us to go get Mick show-ready." We gave a big round of applause, thanked Mick very much.

Then Justin finished passing back out all our items, and we made our way back up the stairs to the main concourse. Instead of having us go back outside and wait in the growing line of people, Justin let us stay in the A/C and got a ticket scanner person to come to us. How great! We were scanned in and back in the arena about 15 minutes later. I headed straight for the merch table and bought a t-shirt.

That wraps up the Houston M&G. It was a fantastic experience. Mick is extremely interesting and appeared very grateful and "present" (he was totally engaged with us and didn't seem perturbed or put out in the least). I would highly recommend everyone do this. I went in with the mindset of just purchasing the VIP Experience for the front row seats, but looking back, I am so happy with the entire Experience.

If anyone has any questions, I will be more than happy to answer if I can.

For those who have been to a M&G this tour: How long did it take for you to get the email with the instructions for the pictures? Justin said within 72 hours, but if the Internet cooperated with him hopefully they would be up that night. It's now June 7th, and I haven't heard anything. Just wondering!
Old 06-07-2013, 08:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Loved the review. Thank you.

Interesting that Mick said they all know when the other is in danger, as if by instinct. I'd love to hear some stories about that. I've often wondered a little if they ever got those feelings. Of course -- I don't know when they've been in danger, so ... But with Christine saying her brother had a strong psychic sense, I have wondered.

Oh, my heart beat faster when you wrote that they would be taping the London shows.

Michele
Old 06-08-2013, 11:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

FMlex thanks for the great review.

So, 5:30 is the time to be at the venue? I still haven't received an email with instructions for Monday night.

When did everyone get the email?

Edit: Well, dayum! Maybe the government runs groundctrl?? Ask and you shall receive - I just got the email. LOL. Freaky.

Last edited by CADreaming; 06-08-2013 at 11:14 AM..
Old 06-08-2013, 01:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

FMlex, great m&g description with lots of good info! thanks for sharing!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 06-09-2013, 06:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

awesome review!!! thank you for typing all of that and remembering all the details. i have such a hard time even remembering setlists!!!
Old 06-10-2013, 08:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle2677 View Post
awesome review!!! thank you for typing all of that and remembering all the details. i have such a hard time even remembering setlists!!!
thanks for sharing the stories and I hope they release a dvd.
Old 06-10-2013, 09:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I just received this email from the FM website.

Tickets & Mick Fleetwood VIP Packages Still Available!
For these shows.

9/20 - The O2 - Dublin, Ireland
9/21 - The O2 - Dublin, Ireland
10/6 - Lanxess Arena - Cologne, Germany
10/7 - Ziggo Dome - Amsterdam, Netherlands
10/9 - Sport Palais - Antwerp, Belgium
10/13 - Hallenstadion - Zurich, Switzerland
10/14 - Shleyerhalle - Stuttgart, Germany
10/16 - O2 World - Berlin, Germany
10/18 - Jyske Bank Boxen - Herning, Denmark
10/20 - Oslo Spectrum - Oslo, Norway
10/23 - Globen - Stockholm, Sweden
10/26 - Ziggo Dome - Amsterdam, Netherlands

Did anybody else received this notice.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 06-11-2013, 06:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Got an email yesterday reminding fans that there are still VIP packages available for:

Dublin, Cologne, Amsterdam, Antwerp, Zurich, Stuttgart, Berlin, Herning, Oslo and Stockholm.

Guess they want to pump up sales, but I am surprised that France is not on that list, because I kept seeing front row seats available for that show for weeks.

Michele
Old 06-11-2013, 07:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Got an email yesterday reminding fans that there are still VIP packages available for:

Dublin, Cologne, Amsterdam, Antwerp, Zurich, Stuttgart, Berlin, Herning, Oslo and Stockholm.

Guess they want to pump up sales, but I am surprised that France is not on that list, because I kept seeing front row seats available for that show for weeks.
i think that just shows you why most people were buying Mick's tickets in the US and UK - because they were actually a deal for great seats. getting to do a meet and greet with Mick is just a really really nice bonus.

in most of continental Europe tickets are less than half the price of the US tickets (and UK face value prices are astronomical), so there's a huge price jump from the highest regularly priced tickets and Mick's.

plus, Dublin and especially Amsterdam have large GA floor. so Mick's tickets which are NOT GA floor don't give you seats that are that great. you can snatch the GA floor on scalper sites for way cheaper.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"