The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-09-2006, 05:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I've often wondered if the Nielsen ratings take into account what people are recording while they're watching another channel live. I watched the Grammys while I recorded AI. In fact, that's how I usually watch TV - I'm either recording one while watching another, or watching something I've recorded while recording another.
Old 02-09-2006, 05:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon
yeah back to those mammaries...er...grammies.........Yeah how bout U2...they won all 5. Rock the hell on.
Speaking of, in Whenever I call you Friend, doesn't it sound like Stevie sings, "Now I know my life has given me more than mammaries."? I always have a little chuckle to myself over that one.
Old 02-09-2006, 05:52 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzeQuze
Speaking of, in Whenever I call you Friend, doesn't it sound like Stevie sings, "Now I know my life has given me more than mammaries."? I always have a little chuckle to myself over that one.

haha...you had to go there....now I'M gonna think that everytime I hear from now on.
Old 02-09-2006, 05:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
haha...you had to go there....now I'M gonna think that everytime I hear from now on.
Ditto!
Old 02-09-2006, 05:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That'll make 2 of us! Every single time. C'mon people, tell me I'm not the only one who picked up on this?

On edit: Just saw Liv's post, 3 of us!
Old 02-10-2006, 02:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazmenFlowers
they just showed the IN MEMORIAM

and who's on there but their sound engineer...

OMG, that is hilarious! I mean, not that the guy died obviously, but the sound was a joke last night!

Sorry, I absolutely loved MJB & U2. Best performance of the night. At first, I was skeptical, as I am not a huge MJB fan and "One" is one of my favorite tunes ever. But by the time she got to "you asked me to enter, but then you made me crawl" I had goosebumps.

Madonna - Eh. Boring.

Mariah - I think it was live, her voice was cracking at the end & I didn't hear a few notes she tried to hit. Good performance.

Keith Urban - just gained a new fan. Wow, that guy can really sing with emotion! Faith looked like a statue, staring straight ahead like a deer in headlights. I like her, but holy dull the other night.

Sly - WTF? You get the guy to perform for the first time in almost 20 years & we can't hear him play or sing? Nice.

Bruce - phenomenal, both performances

Sir Paul - Helter Skelter kicked hard! Loved it! And I really liked him with Jay-Z & Linkin.
Old 02-10-2006, 02:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin
Madonna - Eh. Boring.
I think the pairing with Gorillaz was a mistake. The music was too slow. I even noticed that everyone in Madonna's camp was trying to, unconciously, speed it up. Madonna looked hot and the performance was hot, but boring...can that be possible?
Old 02-10-2006, 03:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think the pairing with Gorillaz was a mistake. The music was too slow. I even noticed that everyone in Madonna's camp was trying to, unconciously, speed it up. Madonna looked hot and the performance was hot, but boring...can that be possible?
Interesting ananogy there Jason.
Old 02-10-2006, 03:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Yes. Yes it can.

It's just that it's nothing I haven't seen before. it was OK, but it didn't blow me away.
Old 02-10-2006, 03:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yes. Yes it can.

It's just that it's nothing I haven't seen before. it was OK, but it didn't blow me away.
right. I totally agree.
Old 02-10-2006, 03:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
OMG, that is hilarious! I mean, not that the guy died obviously, but the sound was a joke last night!

Sorry, I absolutely loved MJB & U2. Best performance of the night. At first, I was skeptical, as I am not a huge MJB fan and "One" is one of my favorite tunes ever. But by the time she got to "you asked me to enter, but then you made me crawl" I had goosebumps.

Madonna - Eh. Boring.

Mariah - I think it was live, her voice was cracking at the end & I didn't hear a few notes she tried to hit. Good performance.

Keith Urban - just gained a new fan. Wow, that guy can really sing with emotion! Faith looked like a statue, staring straight ahead like a deer in headlights. I like her, but holy dull the other night.

Sly - WTF? You get the guy to perform for the first time in almost 20 years & we can't hear him play or sing? Nice.

Bruce - phenomenal, both performances

Sir Paul - Helter Skelter kicked hard! Loved it! And I really liked him with Jay-Z & Linkin.
I only watched until Faith Hill & Keith Urban came on & then I turned it off & taped the rest (which I haven't watch yet). I don't like country, so I thought I'd turn it off then. I don't like rap either.

Kelly Clarkson & U2 are my favorites, so both of them getting multiple awards was fine with me. Mary J. singing with U2 I could have done without.

Madonna & Mariah, not personal favorites though my husband couldn't take his eyes off either one.

Sir Paul, I liked Helter Skelter.

Lee