User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-07-2005, 01:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by estranged4life
all the groups in the world I listen to on the crapfest known as the 'Grummies' and I would STILL avoid it like the black plague...

I thought people created music for the love of music, Not for the critical acclaim or the glamour of awards...I guess nowadays being the critics darlin' is all that matters to 'entertainers', To which I say f**k that!
I can't stand the award shows myself, but I like watching the performances. I tune out as soon as awards are presented (though I will watch to see if Franz and Loretta Lynn win in their categories).

Old 02-07-2005, 01:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
I can't stand the award shows myself, but I like watching the performances. I tune out as soon as awards are presented (though I will watch to see if Franz and Loretta Lynn win in their categories).
Loretta Lynn better F---ing win in her category or um....well I dont' know what - but I'll be pissed
Old 02-07-2005, 01:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation It's funny...

Quote:
but the only people who NOW like Loretta Lynn are those who only started to listen to her because of the asstard from White Stripes playing/producing her album...I wonder where those diehard fans were at BEFORE that album? Kinda sad but I think she should have won 'Grummies' long before her current album (That's not a slam at her either, Just find it funny that it takes alot for one of these award shows to give credit where it is long overdue, And if it happens before an artist's life has ended IT..IS...A...DAMN...Miracle!)

I don't even care for the performances on an award show anymore, Why watch a 2-3 hour show just to hear 1, maybe 2 songs that worth the ****? It would be like watching the lame FOX asskiss-fest Super Bowl pre-game for 4 hours (Which I never would do...I don't care about some asshat music entertainment or what some simpleton 'entertainer/actor' thinks about who will win...Just play the game or f**k off!)

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 02-07-2005, 01:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
but the only people who NOW like Loretta Lynn are those who only started to listen to her because of the asstard from White Stripes playing/producing her album...I wonder where those diehard fans were at BEFORE that album? Kinda sad but I think she should have won 'Grummies' long before her current album (That's not a slam at her either, Just find it funny that it takes alot for one of these award shows to give credit where it is long overdue, And if it happens before an artist's life has ended IT..IS...A...DAMN...Miracle!)
I've liked Loretta since I was a kid (same with Dolly), but I think that Van Lear Rose is one of her best. It's truly spectacular. I can't stand the White Stripes, but the two of them together are magic. And her voice is more splendid than ever, it literally gives me chills. She should have won tons of Grammy's before, you're right.

Quote:
I don't even care for the performances on an award show anymore, Why watch a 2-3 hour show just to hear 1, maybe 2 songs that worth the ****? It would be like watching the lame FOX asskiss-fest Super Bowl pre-game for 4 hours (Which I never would do...I don't care about some asshat music entertainment or what some simpleton 'entertainer/actor' thinks about who will win...Just play the game or f**k off!)
Oh, hell no, I would never watch the entire show just for a couple of performances. I just flip it on every ten or minutes to see who's on. Prince and Beyonce kicked ass last year, I'm just hoping that there's at least one performance that's just as good.

Old 02-07-2005, 02:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up Well...

Quote:
I've liked Loretta since I was a kid (same with Dolly), but I think that Van Lear Rose is one of her best. It's truly spectacular. I can't stand the White Stripes, but the two of them together are magic. And her voice is more splendid than ever, it literally gives me chills. She should have won tons of Grammy's before, you're right.
Loretta & the asstard from White Stripes may sound good together, But ya never goin' to top Loretta Lynn & Conway Twitty!!! Those 2 playing together made CLASSICS!

Her voice has always been splendid, Just why did it take all these years for her to get back in the national spotlight when most diehard country fans know she never left.

I hope she wins just because it is LONG OVERDUE and NOT because she had a 'critics darlin' play on/produce on her release.

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 02-07-2005, 02:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Her voice has always been splendid, Just why did it take all these years for her to get back in the national spotlight when most diehard country fans know she never left.
Because her last couple of records were pretty...bad.

Quote:
I hope she wins just because it is LONG OVERDUE and NOT because she had a 'critics darlin' play on/produce on her release.
I think she has it in the bag. Just look at the folks in the same category as her, they aren't fit to lick her boots.

Old 02-07-2005, 02:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool I dont know who...

Quote:
I think she has it in the bag. Just look at the folks in the same category as her, they aren't fit to lick her boots.
is in her catergory, But I'm pretty sure it's noone I listen too

Old 02-07-2005, 11:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Dolly Parton's "I will always love you" or whitney houstons?
and
Dolly Parton's "Jolene" or the White Stripes's?
heh, I just listened to both Jolene's. The white stripes's is good and I like it, but to me, Dolly has the most effortless voice evah.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 02-07-2005, 11:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
and
heh, I just listened to both Jolene's. The white stripes's is good and I like it, but to me, Dolly has the most effortless voice evah.
Dolly for both songs. I love me some Dolly.

Jewel or Sarah MacLachlan?

Old 02-07-2005, 11:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation Well...

Quote:
and

Dolly on both counts...Whit-kneed RUINED "I will always love you" IMHO

Old 02-07-2005, 11:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Dolly on both counts...Whit-kneed RUINED "I will always love you" IMHO
Tell me about it. Her voice pierces right through you on it; it's aggravating as all get out. Though I did love the rest of The Bodyguard soundtrack. It's a guilty pleasure...

Old 02-07-2005, 11:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Tell me about it. Her voice pierces right through you on it; it's aggravating as all get out. Though I did love the rest of The Bodyguard soundtrack. It's a guilty pleasure...
YES!!! SCORE!!! "hey, Whit, you don't have to yell and enlongate every note for it to be a good song!"
ok, Salt n Peppah or TLC?

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 02-07-2005, 11:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
YES!!! SCORE!!! "hey, Whit, you don't have to yell and enlongate every note for it to be a good song!"
ok, Salt n Peppah or TLC?
Salt n Peppa all the way.

Beyonce or Alicia Keys?

Old 02-07-2005, 11:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Salt n Peppa all the way.

Beyonce or Alicia Keys?
ooo, that's hard - I guess...well...it's too hard to compare. Alicia Keyes is more talented, plays an instrument and all - and they both have "curves that are kickin", after my own heart... but - I thought Beyonce was really good in the Austin Powers movie.
ok, for now, I'll pick Alicia -
Ok, here's a weird one -
Bonnie Tyler or Laura Brannigan?

Last edited by amber; 02-07-2005 at 11:42 PM..
Old 02-07-2005, 11:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
ooo, that's hard - I guess...well...it's too hard to compare. Alicia Keyes is more talented, plays an instrument and all - but I thought Beyonce was really good in the Austin Powers movie.
ok, for now, I'll pick Alicia -
Ack. I LOVE BEYONCE. Homegirl is fabulous and I generally hate that type of music.