Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
I get really happy, friendly, dancy and talkative when i'm drunk
I bite.

Old 09-17-2004, 04:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
She was asked what it was like being a sex symbol in rock and she said "I don't know, ask Stevie Nicks," in this witty, sarcastic, yet nasty nonetheless way that she speaks.
There is FAR more to that interview Dissention once again quotes only what supports his tripe. I will try and find a transcription of it. But, after CM says that, she also says she and Stevie are okay with it, etc., which CLEARLY indicates Dissention's point is unsupported.

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 09-17-2004, 04:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind
Well, she said she was okay with Stevie dancing around on stage because it added to and enhanced the show AND she said she was okay with Stevie being a sex symbol - so I guess she did show her true feelings
So much for giving me the last word because you were finished.

Old 09-17-2004, 04:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I bite.
Lord Child - I have been known to bite, drool, belt out a little Ethel Merman, buy the bar a drink if they are FM, and who the hell knows what else

Old 09-17-2004, 04:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
So much for giving me the last word because you were finished.
I was talking about LB and the shining thing - once again, please quote me in context

Here is the context

Quote:
Yes, and if Stevie isn't the one who is getting all the accolades, she must have been "subdued" or "off" that night. There's always an excuse. No one can ever say for one second that maybe it's Lindsey who just becomes more comfortable and outgoing onstage as the years pass. Or that he's the one with all the energy and doesn't just rest on one simple, off-balanced twirl to get people riled up. I swear, if they were performing and she only got a few claps for Dreams or Rhiannon, people would say it's only because the crowd was full of Lindsey fans who "couldn't stand the flake."

That would be the epitome of upstaging and spotlight-grabbing.

Whatever, I was merely pointing out that LB shines on his own and brightly and that Stevie is and was a supernova. But, once again you do not see my point and want to argue mindlessly and put words in my mouth.

So, seeing as how this harpy fest has occurred about ten times in the past with essentially the same players, I bow out. You have the last word - go for it

Old 09-17-2004, 04:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
and, that's true...I get really happy, friendly, dancy and talkative when i'm drunk....don't tell anyone my real feelings....
AMber
You're already all those things!
Old 09-17-2004, 04:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
There is FAR more to that interview Dissention once again quotes only what supports his tripe. I will try and find a transcription of it. But, after CM says that, she also says she and Stevie are okay with it, etc., which CLEARLY indicates Dissention's point is unsupported.
Yup, all is fantastic in Stevieland. She never upstaged anyone, everything she sings is perfect, every song is a masterpiece, she has more emotion in her songs than anyone else, she had the most charisma and stage presence, she's the most gifted, she's an angel, we've all been touched by the angel, and blah blah blah.

Seriously, arguments from both sides of fandom are getting boring; mine, yours, everyone else's. It's all subjective and our conclusions are only our opinions.

Old 09-17-2004, 04:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnchantedSLN
You're already all those things!
uh, i had a cocktail before I got there... The San Jose one, not Concord...
AMber

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -

Last edited by amber; 09-17-2004 at 04:59 PM..
Old 09-17-2004, 05:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default No Vote Here

Quote:
Seriously, arguments from both sides of fandom are getting boring; mine, yours, everyone else's. It's all subjective and our conclusions are only our opinions.
We should move over to the Pre-Rumours Forum, and start debates about Green vs. Spencer or Welch vs. Kirwan.
Those are arguments just waiting to happen, but no one ever explores that fertile territory.

Wouldn't we just shock the crap outta chiliD if we actually talked about members other than Stevie & Lindsey?!
Old 09-17-2004, 05:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yup, all is fantastic in Stevieland. She never upstaged anyone, everything she sings is perfect, every song is a masterpiece, she has more emotion in her songs than anyone else, she had the most charisma and stage presence, she's the most gifted, she's an angel, we've all been touched by the angel, and blah blah blah.

Well, actually, my conclusions are quotes from what they said on this, so . . .

Old 09-17-2004, 05:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well, actually, my conclusions are quotes from what they said on this, so . . .
Which are always open for interpretation, so...

Old 09-17-2004, 05:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Round 18 - Beautiful Child

It's one of those songs that makes me admire so deeply Stevie' s talent... BUT this is a game and a final round without a real competition wouldn't be fun or fair, I think.

Now relax everybody and start thinking to a music masterpiece, a bright example of powerful songwriting about lonely nights, regrets and blue calm seas... Ahem, sorry

Romy

Non vogliate negar l'esperienza
di retro al sol, del mondo sanza gente
Considerate la vostra semenza
fatti non foste a viver come bruti
ma per seguir virtute e canoscenza ~ Dante Alighieri, Divina Commedia, Inferno Canto XXVI
Old 09-17-2004, 05:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Which are always open for interpretation, so...
For people who want to spin it

Old 09-17-2004, 05:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:

Wait, everyone stop talking!!! Don Diss has pronounced the argument "boring" everyone back to your places...
What Chris said didn't seem especially biting...probably a bit sarcastic, but I do think she was joking (yes, i didn't see it, of course) And while i see your point in the above - I DO think she had the most charisma and stage presence...actually Lindsey was about equal, but not really as "hot" or "unusual" as Stevie, IMO, so in my head she edges him out a bit, in the olden days....of course, they're all phenomenal. Don't think everything she writes is a masterpiece, don't think everything she sings is perfect. But I appreciate your creativity in which words you decide to put in people's mouths... sorry if i bored you, PLEASE DON'T BITE ME!!!!
AMber

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 09-17-2004, 06:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default No vote here

Quote:
What Chris said didn't seem especially biting...probably a bit sarcastic, but I do think she was joking (yes, i didn't see it, of course)
Seriously - and it was followed by non-sarcastic complimentary comments about Stevie. It seemed more self-depracatory humor about her own lack of a "sex symbol" following than bitterness directed at Stevie. If that is the best "support" dissention can come up with for Chris' supposed angry resentment of Stevie Nicks' star power it's pretty weak.