The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-14-2002, 06:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Cristian is not the only one to think of Lindsey's quote about Christine as being a little strange. That's the first thing I thought of when I read it.

And, I don't mind the Gift Of Screws title. That way at least there will be an officially released Gift Of Screws album, regardless of what name they put on the album.
Old 10-14-2002, 07:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Peacekeeper

Quote:
Originally posted by FiercestCalmSea
Fleetwood Mac are at work inside a rented Bel-Air home recording their next album.Despite the departure of long-standing member Christine McVie,the remaining four,Stevie Nicks,Lindsey Buckingham,John McVie,and Mick FLeetwood seem in good spirits."As much as we miss Christine personally,I don't think there is anything missing musically" says Buckigham.
New tracks for the album include Nick's haunting "Thrown Down" and Buckingham's potent "Peacekeeper".The new set is currently untitled-recent suggestions include Infatuation(Nicks' suggestion after a recent dream) and Gift Of Screws.
Interesting news regarding Peacekeeper, I seem to remember the guy who gave us the scoop on TISL saying that Peacekeeper would be the first song released to radio.

This was way over a year ago!!

http://stillgoinginsane.fleetwoodmac-uk.com
Still Going Insane - A Lindsey Buckingham Resource
Old 10-14-2002, 10:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Thanks Neil!

Something unheard would be good, but if it was 'Shuffle Riff' that'd rock so much.
Old 10-14-2002, 10:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Peacekeeper

Quote:
Originally posted by DownOnRodeo
Something unheard would be good, but if it was 'Shuffle Riff' that'd rock so much.
I've heard Shuffle Riff referred to as "Hit and Run".

The alt fleetwood mac news group has a discussion about Peacekeeper going on, seems this track turned up on a Reprise sampler CD in 2001!!

Why oh why has this track not been seen in the trading community? unless of course it is a re-named GOS song!!

http://stillgoinginsane.fleetwoodmac-uk.com
Still Going Insane - A Lindsey Buckingham Resource
Old 10-14-2002, 11:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Question Re: Peacekeeper

Quote:
Originally posted by nodmod
The alt fleetwood mac news group has a discussion about Peacekeeper going on, seems this track turned up on a Reprise sampler CD in 2001
Hmm, I'm not big on lyrics myself so maybe someone could help me here, does LB say the word "peacekeeper" anywhere in "Someone's gotta change your mind"? I would imagine the "Music from the GLAAD awards" deal might be classed as a "sampler" CD and I thought maybe LB has "changed HIS mind" about the title of that song?! Just a thought.

John
Old 10-14-2002, 12:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks for posting this bit of news! Nice to hear some little details here and there.

The comment on Christine... well, I don't really think that anything the remaining band members can say is going to really sit wonderfully with those who are predominantly Christine fans. It's sort of unavoidable when a band moves on without someone. I think the fans of all the past members who have gone have felt a certain twinge when reading the comments from the remaining members about moving ahead.

Hi John, nope, no "peacekeeper" in Someone's Gotta Change Your Mind.
Old 10-14-2002, 02:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Why is it that I just cannot grasp the meaning of the name Gift Of Screws? (maybe because I really haven't heard those demos all that much) ..but it just puts a weird picture in my mind (like so much about Lindsey does to me) ..but is there some deeper meaning to this name that I don't get?

I agree with everyone who thinks a title that has nothing to do with the songs. Maybe: "Two Sticks and a Drum, and a Bass Guitar and a Guitar and a Tambourine"
Old 10-14-2002, 03:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Rumours
And who exactly IS the "Peacekeeper"???!!!!???? LOL

Stephanie
Well I don't think it was written about George "W" Bush anyway!

I still think Twist Of Fate should be the album title, just seems right to me.

Old 10-14-2002, 03:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The comment on Christine... well, I don't really think that anything the remaining band members can say is going to really sit wonderfully with those who are predominantly Christine fans. It's sort of unavoidable when a band moves on without someone. I think the fans of all the past members who have gone have felt a certain twinge when reading the comments from the remaining members about moving ahead.
This is a very good point, I just want to add to it. The remaining members of Fleetwood Mac can't very well say "Christine's gone, so we don't sound as good anymore, but buy our album anyway." Whether they believe it or not, they have to say things like "There's nothing missing musically." And maybe with the songs they chose, there isn't. But that's neither here nor there. My point is that they are going to have to say that they are still a great band with or without Christine, just as they did when Lindsey left and Billy and Rick joined. I remember reading a Stevie interview around 1990 saying how excited she was because all the tension was gone and it was just a better creative atmosphere, and that the band is great with or without Lindsey. Now, I hate to compare it to Behind the Mask as that album didn't fare very well under Fleetwood Mac standards as far as selling goes (only went Gold), but that's the only comparison I know to make (I don't know much pre-Buckingham Nicks information). But like Les said, there are gonna be people who get rubbed the wrong way by the comments...I'm sure it happened from Peter Green all the way up until now. These comments are necessary though to promote the album and say the band is still good enough to buy the album.
Old 10-14-2002, 04:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm personally not crazy about either title for the new album, but at least the Infatuation title is new. It still doesn't hit me right though. It makes me think of that Rod Stewart song from the 80s. I really think it needs to be something that is Fleetwood Mac as a group, not from something that is tied only to Lindsey and his solo career. Gift of Screws has already been used in a way. It would be the same thing if they were wanting to call the album-- After the Glitter Fades or something like that. That is tied to Stevie. It needs to be something fresh to show their fresh start without Christine in the group.

~~Don't compromise yourself. You're all you've got.~~ Janis Joplin

Last edited by golddustwoman77; 10-14-2002 at 04:22 PM..
Old 10-14-2002, 06:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by madformac

Well I don't think it was written about George "W" Bush anyway!

I still think Twist Of Fate should be the album title, just seems right to me.

lol!! Well said!

I agree that Twist Of Fate is a perfect name for the album. It just makes perfect sense, and it sounds really Mac-ish aswell.

Old 10-14-2002, 06:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation Peacekeeper

Well we certainly know it doesn't refer to Osama Bin Laden, Saddam Hussein, al-Qaida, or all the other fanatical terrorists out there...including the "sniper" on the loose.

God help us all!!

I for one support my president, George W. Bush, and if he has to use military tactics to preserve peace and freedom in the world...so be it! Maybe he is the "peacekeeper"!

I really hate to get political on these boards but I felt compelled to voice my opinion.

Joe

Last edited by jwd; 10-14-2002 at 11:20 PM..
Old 10-14-2002, 06:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Post Well..

When I first read Peacekeeper, like chilid, I thought of Murrow. That song kicks butt, but I don't know how it would sound as FM...I can't imagine it.
Old 10-14-2002, 07:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't really care what they call the album. Gift of Screws is nice because it relates to my major in American Lit. In case nobody knows, the phrase (and the chorus of the song) are by Emily Dickinson. The complete poems is...

#675 by Emily Dickinson

Essential Oils--are wrung--
The Attar from the Rose
Be not expressed by Suns--alone--
It is the gift of Screws--

The General Rose--decay--
But this--in Lady's Drawer
Make Summer--When the Lady lie
In Ceaseless Rosemary--

John
Old 10-14-2002, 07:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Peacekeeper

Quote:
Originally posted by jwd

I for one support my president, George W. Bush, and if he has to use military tactics to preserve peace and freedom in the world...so be it! Maybe he is the "peacekeeper"!

I really hate to get political on these boards but I felt compelled to voice my opinion.

Joe
Well, I'm not a political animal usually however the current global situation has changed that to a degree. Do yourself a favour and ignore CNN and all the other channels and newspapers that are lead and fed by the governments of the "civilised" countries and visit www.janes.com

A site more directly connected with the intelligence communities themselves plus it is all factual. Read the articles and you may begin to question if military tactics are the best method, especially in Iraq.

Of course you are entitled to back your president, just be careful what your eyes and ears take in.....

End of rant.