The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: What do you think of the new "Lady" video?
It's amazing! Dave did a great job! 13 14.77%
Like it..the video is a fine 27 30.68%
Nice concept, but not well executed 35 39.77%
I'm just not feeling it 11 12.50%
A hack job.... 4 4.55%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-05-2014, 08:13 AM
Senior Ledgie

It was good at first but lost my interest real fast
Old 09-05-2014, 08:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The dress does nothing for Stevie, except make her look 50 pounds heavier. Who was in charge of wardrobe on this video? They should be fired!
Old 09-05-2014, 08:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Ho hum...

I thoroughly LOVE the song but I think the video was a missed opportunity. It was poorly shot and included ZERO close ups of Stevie. There were just too many shots from too far of a distance to hold my interest. I still love the song though.

Whoever directed and filmed this video looks like they just got out of high school or something.
Old 09-05-2014, 08:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Also, it would have been more powerful if we could have actually seen the piano playing the whole time (the one weird flash of Dave didn't work) - even if it was Stevie just sitting there miming it. Because it would have actually seemed like she WAS in an empty theater, singing to no one... This felt very "staged" because it lacked that element.
Old 09-05-2014, 05:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by singertobe View Post
WHAT?! Does this mean I'm still gonna be trying to find myself at age 65?! NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
You would be surprised.
Old 09-05-2014, 08:13 PM
Junior Ledgie

Well folks. I loved it. I love anything she does. I am so happy she is still singing and loving it at this age. I am 64 and am glad to be able to still enjoy my favorite lady singing to me anything she feels like singing. Just me though. Not everyone enjoys things the same. What makes us unique people. Stevie fans, I mean. I have been enjoying her music and FM for many years.
Old 09-05-2014, 11:54 PM
Senior Ledgie

I think Stevie did fine, even though you can see her how uncomfortable she is lip-syncing.

I even liked the concept... although I found it a little "Glee-ish"..........

I think that the camera work was depressing -- basically shot from only one angle.
"It was, because we demanded it from the very beginning. You can't be a wimp, and then one or two years later decide not to be a wimp anymore. Because people will always treat you like a wimp, once they have decided that's what you are. So you can never be that. You have to be strong, tough, smart, and know who you are. So, people will get that. Then, they're always going to be great to you. Then, they listen to you; they listen to your songs. They give you a chance. Otherwise, you get nowhere."
Old 09-06-2014, 12:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I think they were going for documentary style but they didn't quite pull it off. Comes off as cheap and boring. Don't hate it but don't want to watch it again. Blah!
Old 09-06-2014, 12:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

i like who0w her i's look...... their r REALLY cool and inTENSE IS she ON druggs againe?!!!........i havant LLOSSED interest....i lsot mie MINd.....lololo

Last edited by PenguinHead; 09-06-2014 at 01:20 AM..
Old 09-06-2014, 12:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
I think they were going for documentary style but they didn't quite pull it off. Comes off as cheap and boring. Don't hate it but don't want to watch it again. Blah!
I have been waiting for your Blah! again..it seems like it as been awhile..The last one I can accurately cite is when you found out Moonlight and Lady from the Mountain had been consolidated.

Old 09-06-2014, 08:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango View Post
The dress does nothing for Stevie, except make her look 50 pounds heavier. Who was in charge of wardrobe on this video? They should be fired!
I agree. The dresses she's been wearing these days do nothing for her. She should wear dresses that come tight around the chest and are loose around the waist down.
Old 09-06-2014, 08:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
Also, it would have been more powerful if we could have actually seen the piano playing the whole time (the one weird flash of Dave didn't work) - even if it was Stevie just sitting there miming it. Because it would have actually seemed like she WAS in an empty theater, singing to no one... This felt very "staged" because it lacked that element.
Or she could sit on the piano like they did back in the 20's. That'd be cool
Old 09-06-2014, 08:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
Definitely. It came off as far too staged for the stark song that accompanies it. The whole thing just didn't really work for me. But when I listen to the song I have a mental image of Stevie wailing on her piano, and it's possible that any image of her singing this song that doesn't match that isn't going to work for me. Oh well.

It goes in the "not interested in watching again" pile, along with most of Stevie's videos. No big thang. But it's not a video I would use to introduce people to the song.
Old 09-06-2014, 09:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default hmm..

Somewhere on the middle of the stage was an interesting concept.. just didn't work for me. However, I do love the song and that is the best part of the video.. the audio.
Old 09-06-2014, 10:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by singertobe View Post
Or she could sit on the piano like they did back in the 20's. That'd be cool
Imagine that theatre, with Dave on piano, Stevie sitting on it with her beautiful white piano shawl and hair all big, her make up dark and careless, and just sitting and singing, creating an atmosphere of antiquity, or SOMETHING...