User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-21-2013, 11:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
yes, seems likely. Mick gave pretty detailed description during DC m&g how the Maui thing happened. seemed to have been pretty haphazard, with Steven Tyler asking Christine (since Mick promised her he wouldn't badger her) whether she'd join them on stage for their previously scheduled charity event next evening. she said categorically no in the evening, and then called Mick next morning and said she's seriously thinking she might want to do it.
I wondered about this. I did think it was a last minute job, but we didn't hear about the background till now.

I am still not entirely convinced she will do it, but Maui, the rehearsals in LA and the brief newspaper comments she gave this year all suggest she's more confident than she was ten years ago, for whatever reason.
Old 04-21-2013, 01:15 PM
Ledgie

I think a walk on for You make loving Fun and either everywhere or Say you love me would be a wonderful little camo !
Old 04-21-2013, 01:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by golddustboy71 View Post
I think a walk on for You make loving Fun and either everywhere or Say you love me would be a wonderful little camo !
I'm guessing she's guest on Don't Stop.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 04-21-2013, 02:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

If ever there was going to be a DVD of this tour, it's gotta be this date. C'mon, FM, get your crap together; two new songs AND Christine returning for a few songs!? This DVD would sell like hot cakes!!
Old 04-21-2013, 02:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard B View Post
I have a feeling she will join them onstage for the encores or something. Something similar to when Lindsey Buckingham appeared at the last couple Behind The Mask shows in California. She'll probably perform on World Turning, Don't Stop and may close with Songbird instead of Say Goodbye. That's my prediction on this.
That's what I would have expected too, but she participated to such an extent with Mick in Hawaii, performing songs she had not performed in years that I now expect more from her reunion with the current Macsters. She's even more familiar with their songs than with Get Like You Used to Be.

It's heartening to hear she rehearsed with them. Even if she didn't appear on stage, it makes me feel good to think that she did. Of course, I'd love pictures.

Michele
Old 04-21-2013, 02:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
It would be cool if they could rehearse one of her songs instead of just fitting her into the set list they're already doing. I think it's a waste of her presence to not add anything to the set. Not that it wouldn't be cool, but they could add a song I think without too much trouble.
They could tack Songbird on with little effort at all. Christine could do it with John and Lindsey, if they wanted to. Or she could do it alone with the whole band crying in the wings, instead of just John. It would be lovely to close the show like that one last time and it's something she could rehearse alone, so she could be up to speed to do it by the time they got to London.

Michele
Old 04-21-2013, 02:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
yes, seems likely. Mick gave pretty detailed description during DC m&g how the Maui thing happened. seemed to have been pretty haphazard, with Steven Tyler asking Christine (since Mick promised her he wouldn't badger her) whether she'd join them on stage for their previously scheduled charity event next evening. she said categorically no in the evening, and then called Mick next morning and said she's seriously thinking she might want to do it.
Elle! Why didn't you say this before?

Michele
Old 04-21-2013, 02:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
They could tack Songbird on with little effort at all. Christine could do it with John and Lindsey, if they wanted to. Or she could do it alone with the whole band crying in the wings, instead of just John. It would be lovely to close the show like that one last time and it's something she could rehearse alone, so she could be up to speed to do it by the time they got to London.

Michele
Who knows? I suspect from the recent interview where she referred to 'duets' she means Don't Stop and WT. No harm in her chipping in on, say, The Chain and Rhiannon though. Ooh, and GYOW!
Old 04-21-2013, 02:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
yeah. Songbird would be spectacular. or anything else i guess. whoever is at the right London show better takes lots of video!!!!!
The right London show. That's a serious problem. Also, you don't have to strain yourself getting pictures of her when she's on stage alone. Those would be nice, but my top priority is pictures of when she's with the others. I don't need to go to my grave seeing her hugging Steven Tyler. Not that there's anything wrong with that -- it's just . . .

Michele
Old 04-21-2013, 02:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The right London show. That's a serious problem. Also, you don't have to strain yourself getting pictures of her when she's on stage alone. Those would be nice, but my top priority is pictures of when she's with the others. I don't need to go to my grave seeing her hugging Steven Tyler. Not that there's anything wrong with that -- it's just . . .

Michele
I'm at the last show (Fri 27th) so I will have my camera on standby. However, I could only get seats in the nosebleeds
Old 04-21-2013, 02:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulpian View Post
I'm at the last show (Fri 27th) so I will have my camera on standby. However, I could only get seats in the nosebleeds
Oh, that's exciting. It's the night I would have chosen. You know we will all be here with bated breath waiting for reports from attendants.

Michele
Old 04-21-2013, 02:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Elle! Why didn't you say this before?

Michele
sorry, thought i may have told you all... it's been a whirlwind few weeks, trying to catch up back on normal life. was trying to convey the most important stuff, like the fact that Mick seems to be pretty certain she'll perform at one of the London shows.

guess i'm kinda unsure that i completely believe Mick's story about how the Maui gig happened, you know? he also told an elaborate story about how Christine's afraid of flying, how he held her hand all the way from London to HI, etc etc. he talked some about Steven Tyler too. there were several ledgies at DC m&g when he was telling us this, so they may remember more, if they are reading this thread.

he was also asked about Fleetwoods that used to be in DC. seems no hope of reviving that one.

DC q&a peeps had some really good questions, not your usual run-of-the-mill stuff we all read 1000s of times, like it was in Philly.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-21-2013, 02:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Oh, that's exciting. It's the night I would have chosen. You know we will all be here with bated breath waiting for reports from attendants.

Michele
i think Viv will also be at the last London show. she's usually not the one for taking pics and vids, but maybe we can coax her into it, i'll certainly try.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-21-2013, 02:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
he also told an elaborate story about how Christine's afraid of flying, how he held her hand all the way from London to HI, etc etc.
I wonder how she got home and if she had a friend or relative making the return trip with her.

Michele
Old 04-21-2013, 03:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Michele
I'm staying with my brother who lives just outside London. The minute I get back I will report. I still can't let myself believe Christine will be there on my night though, so I'm not getting my hopes too high.