The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-19-2010, 06:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Yes!! This is a fantastic idea and I'm totally up for it. I'll send to anyone in the UK - I just hope that we get a few people from there. I've amailed my contact details. My favourite member is Stevie...

Al.

Last edited by Dodfather; 09-19-2010 at 06:18 AM..
Old 09-20-2010, 08:44 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTFLCHLD View Post
I knew there was a reason kiki has been poopin tamborines for the past week.
Do I even want to know what this means?

Thanks to everyone that's emailed so far! I've put all the info in a Handy Dandy Spreadsheet. This is how much I care about you people and making sure this thing stays organized and therefore awesome - I made a spreadsheet.

And I hate Excel. A lot.

I mean, like, I hate Excel more than I hate tomatoes. And that's saying something.

Because tomatoes are wrong.

All the same, baby. All the same.

"You never know what I'll do. I've resequenced my show. I'm a master at sequencing. I'm the one who sequenced for Fleetwood Mac. I sequenced 'Rumours.' Everyone loves my sequences. They're fun.''
Old 09-20-2010, 08:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I wanna play! You guys don't know me very well but maybe you will by Christmas time. I will make someone very very happy with a gift, I promise. Then you will like me the most.

Just Kidding...kind of.

So I'm in.

He asked me for my love
And that was all
Old 09-20-2010, 11:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

THIS IS SO AWESOME I AM SO IN THERE IS NO ROOM IN MY EXCITEMENT FOR PUNCTUATION.

Seriously, I'm pumped. This is adorable. I'm glad you started the thread early, too. I'm going to need plenty of time to plan this.
You're so like me
Old 09-21-2010, 02:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie View Post
That way you don't end up with a portrait of John McVie crafted out of macaroni noodles when you really would rather have a portrait of Mick crafted out of cavatappi. I'm so thoughtful!
I really want one of these now ...
Old 09-22-2010, 09:08 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kena View Post
I wanna play! You guys don't know me very well but maybe you will by Christmas time. I will make someone very very happy with a gift, I promise. Then you will like me the most.

Just Kidding...kind of.

So I'm in.
Haha. You are adorable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeAWillow View Post
THIS IS SO AWESOME I AM SO IN THERE IS NO ROOM IN MY EXCITEMENT FOR PUNCTUATION.

Seriously, I'm pumped. This is adorable. I'm glad you started the thread early, too. I'm going to need plenty of time to plan this.
OKAY THEN OMG JUST EMAIL ME WITH PERTINENT INFO AT THE AFOREMENTIONED SPECIAL NEW EMAIL WHICH IS LEDGIESECRETSANTA AT YAHOO.COM BECAUSE I AM TOTALLY BEING SO ORGANIZED WITH THIS YOU WILL BE LIKE WHOA YOU'RE BEING SO ORGANIZED WITH THIS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahara View Post
I really want one of these now ...
Well, who wouldn't? That's high-class art! I have a list of such excellent gift ideas in my head, should anyone need ideas.

"You never know what I'll do. I've resequenced my show. I'm a master at sequencing. I'm the one who sequenced for Fleetwood Mac. I sequenced 'Rumours.' Everyone loves my sequences. They're fun.''
Old 09-22-2010, 08:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

What about a Secret Santa for ledgies who do not live across the Atlantic, or the Northern Hemisphere.
Im thinking virtual gifts?

Last edited by Meowi; 09-22-2010 at 08:20 PM..
Old 09-22-2010, 11:46 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meowi View Post
What about a Secret Santa for ledgies who do not live across the Atlantic, or the Northern Hemisphere.
Im thinking virtual gifts?
Whaaaat? This is for everybody. Y'know, unless you live on Mars, in which case I can't help you.

I don't have any other Aussies signed up yet, but we DO have folks willing to send a gift anywhere (including my own self) - and I think Australia counts as anywhere, no?

Old 09-22-2010, 11:51 PM
Registered

Zombie, you're the nicest girl * to bother with all this. (*Got it right! You've jokingly twice referred to yourself as a 'bastard' here, so you know, things like that confuse an old boy like me-- unless I'm mistaken, again, no, not about being confused.)
However; dear, the entirety of up to 10 dollars is at stake. Why isn't social security number along with mother's maiden name required to receive such spoils?!
(Just a little joke!) It's a very nice thought and major effort (Spreadsheet? Ick!) you're putting into this. Thank You.

Last edited by Nikolaj; 09-23-2010 at 12:06 AM..
Old 09-23-2010, 12:50 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolaj View Post
Zombie, you're the nicest girl * to bother with all this. (*Got it right! You've jokingly twice referred to yourself as a 'bastard' here, so you know, things like that confuse an old boy like me-- unless I'm mistaken, again, no, not about being confused.)
However; dear, the entirety of up to 10 dollars is at stake. Why isn't social security number along with mother's maiden name required to receive such spoils?!
(Just a little joke!) It's a very nice thought and major effort (Spreadsheet? Ick!) you're putting into this. Thank You.
Haha, you're sweet. Yes, still a girl. Yes, also still a bastard. I always thought you could be a bastard regardless of what gender you identify with, but you will also see me refer to myself as a dude or a guy or a Macho, Macho Man (Dig My Muscles!), so I apologize in advance for any future confusion.

And I know you're kidding about the 10 dolla thing, but I'm glad you brought it up anyway because I've been pondering something.

I picked that number because it seemed affordable enough for most folks without being so cheap as to be restrictive (like, "2 dolla? whatchoo want, pork rinds?") BUT I know that things are tough all over for EVERYONE right now. So I also want to add something else:

If any of you know of any Ledgies that should have a gift from Sandy Claws this holiday season but are perhaps not in a financial situation to reciprocate for whatever reason, please email me about that, too, so I can see what I can do.

The same goes for emailing me if you yourself can't afford it, though I know that's not always an easy thing to admit. I have been broker than broke, though, (and often still am), so no judgments, and as with the address info in general, anything you tell me will be kept confidential.

I really want everyone to be able to participate here, so while I can't afford a 10 dolla gift for everyone myself, I can definitely cobble together a greeting card featuring a Pop-Up Mick with Buggy-Eyes and Santa Hat. Excelsior!

Old 09-23-2010, 12:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm down. .
Old 09-23-2010, 01:03 AM
Nikolaj
This message has been deleted by Nikolaj.
Old 09-23-2010, 04:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Okay,
Im in!
Sign me up Zombie!
(I'll send you the details soon)
Old 09-23-2010, 09:01 AM
Registered

^^^^^

Fantastic! I shall keep an eye out for said email.

Old 09-23-2010, 09:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I am totally up for this!
I just emailed you!
Old 09-23-2010, 07:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie View Post
^^^^^

Fantastic! I shall keep an eye out for said email.
Do I click the yahoo symbol for the email?