Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-23-2009, 01:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

i want to know where this info came from~ i am in omaha & am going to the show & when i saw this thread called the radio station that is sponsoring part of the show & my friend tom who is in charge of the booking of the shows here in omaha at the qwest center & he said he has heard nothing about the show being cancelled~

& there are still tickets for sale on ticketmaster~

i just pray it's a rumour, because i have had more shows than i'd like to remember cancelled on me by stevie & the mac~ i will be bawling my eyes out~ during her tisl tour i had won front row seats & meet & greet passes to meet stevie & my show was canelled, it crushed my world~

i will keep checking w/ my friend tom for any further details~
Old 03-23-2009, 01:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SortaSavageLike View Post
Was the venue another "f$#!ing ****hole" that they didn't realize was such until the absolute last minute?
that makes me sad that you would say that~ actually the venue is only 5 years old & is huge & gorgeous & i was told when i saw the mac there in '03 that they really liked the venue & it was nearly sold out if not real close~
Old 03-23-2009, 02:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GODDESS6 View Post
i will keep checking w/ my friend tom for any further details~
and no reference to cancellation on the venue site...makes sense to await an 'official' announcement.
hmmm...wonder what would happen with a thread such as this: FM Cancels Balance of Tour
Old 03-23-2009, 02:21 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FM77 View Post
They should pull that from TM...I suppose they will when this is officially announced.
Ticketmaster is such a sess pool. You can still get tickets to shows that have been cancelled, but then cant get tickets to shows that arent. Ive been trying for months to get Springsteen tickets online and of course, have been rerouted to TicketsNow. Its nothing less than glorified scalping.

Old 03-23-2009, 03:45 PM
Registered

I knew that when they announced dates in Kansas City AND Omaha (especially on back to back days), one (or both) of them was going to be teetering on cancellation. Not surprised at all.

If you were going to go to Omaha, drive down to KC. Its on a Friday night, after all.
Old 03-23-2009, 04:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTFLCHLD View Post
and no reference to cancellation on the venue site...makes sense to await an 'official' announcement.
hmmm...wonder what would happen with a thread such as this: FM Cancels Balance of Tour
This Omaha thing is probably true, but what if an untrue rumor was started? That could really hurt ticket sales and become a self-fulfilling prophecy, because people would be afraid to buy tickets.

Michele
Old 03-23-2009, 04:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeA View Post
I knew that when they announced dates in Kansas City AND Omaha (especially on back to back days), one (or both) of them was going to be teetering on cancellation. Not surprised at all.

If you were going to go to Omaha, drive down to KC. Its on a Friday night, after all.
Well, if people had a really good seat for Omaha, having to go to KC for a bad seat is going to make them feel awful. Michele
Old 03-23-2009, 04:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I am surprised that there hasn't been an official announcement but I assume there have to be processes in place for ticket refunds before they can announce. I don't know the reason for the show being cancelled but the fact that it isn't being re-scheduled tells me it isn't band related--must be ticket sales and the fact that it is a smaller market.

I can't imagine Rochester was full either and they kept their show. It's hard for me to believe the ticket sales were that abysmal.
Old 03-23-2009, 04:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GODDESS6 View Post
that makes me sad that you would say that~ actually the venue is only 5 years old & is huge & gorgeous & i was told when i saw the mac there in '03 that they really liked the venue & it was nearly sold out if not real close~
I think (or at least the way I took it) was that SortaSavagelike was making fun of Lincoln, Nebraska's Rococo Theater and the quote which they contributed to Lindsey Buckingham... (re: the cancelled 2007 concert)

I, personally, really doubt that LB actually called the place "a f---ing ****hole."

I agree with you that the venue in Omaha is new, huge and quite gorgeous. I hope for fellow Big Red Fans that the Omaha concert doesn't get cancelled.
Old 03-23-2009, 04:22 PM
Registered

Quote:
I am surprised that there hasn't been an official announcement but I assume there have to be processes in place for ticket refunds before they can announce. I don't know the reason for the show being cancelled but the fact that it isn't being re-scheduled tells me it isn't band related--must be ticket sales and the fact that it is a smaller market.

I can't imagine Rochester was full either and they kept their show. It's hard for me to believe the ticket sales were that abysmal.
The processes/methods for ticket refunds are already set and established by the industry in general- that's not why they haven't announced the cancellation yet.

Going with the pattern by what we've seen the band do this year (switching out Albany for Toronto #2- and that's why Rochester wasn't canceled, by the way, since it was then positioned as they only upstate NY play), and in '04 (Tinley Park 86'd for Scranton, and a few others), I'm betting that we're going to see a new market slip into its place. There's enough time to do it.

A market in the same region, with a smallish venue that shouldn't be too hard to sell 6000-7000 tickets (with an adjusted price scaling, to ensure that tickets actually sell). I'm thinking Moline. Just a hunch here.
Old 03-23-2009, 05:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I doubt another market will slip in the night before they play KC. I think it may be oversaturation of that area that has lead to weak sales in Omaha and KC. I don't know how many tickets were sold in either city but there are better seats still available in KC than in Omaha. It looks like alot of people bought the cheap seats first.

The ticket price doesn't help...if these were in line of $65-$95 maybe they would have fared better. $147 per ticket is pretty steep in this climate.
Old 03-23-2009, 05:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Awww, if this is true, I'm sorry for the people who can't go now. I feel your pain.

But, perhaps this is about that "Where are we, Omaha?" mistake that Stevie made years back. Maybe she's too embarrassed to go back, and Lindsey set her up. Ya never know!

Would it last forever? You and I together, hand in hand
we run away♥
Old 03-23-2009, 05:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

They played Omaha on the SYW tour to a packed, enthusiastic, crazy crowd. I'm sure it's nothing personal to Omahans...
Old 03-23-2009, 09:59 PM
Registered

Quote:
I doubt another market will slip in the night before they play KC.
Really? Why not? There is likely a contractual need (let alone a mutual interest) to play a date in its place. Call an indie promoter in the region (Fred Frank?) and see if he'll partner. Moline makes too much sense, sorry.

Quote:
I think it may be oversaturation of that area that has lead to weak sales in Omaha and KC.
As for the oversaturation, I agree (as I alluded to in a couple posts back- and as I said many months ago before either of these dates were announced)- they should have played Kansas City OR Omaha, not both.
Old 03-23-2009, 10:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
They played Omaha on the SYW tour to a packed, enthusiastic, crazy crowd. I'm sure it's nothing personal to Omahans...
Of course not, I was just kidding.

Would it last forever? You and I together, hand in hand
we run away♥