Old 07-31-2007, 02:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWS View Post
I thought they were getting refunds.

I believe the operative phrase here is,
"check's in the mail!"

Look for it uhhhh - TUESDAY!

I swear, I'm still wondering about that "Stevie Nicks concert" thing that went down awhile back. Supposedly people got refunds after it inevitably fell through but ....
Anyway I think the refund thing definitely is worth keeping an eye on. If people don't get their refunds than it's moving beyond just being annoying into a "whole 'nother level." Think 'bout it....
Old 07-31-2007, 02:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazmenFlowers View Post
yep. since I'm sure he's reading this,.

Hi Brian!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazmenFlowers View Post

I have to say that he says he will pay me as soon as he has the money.

I have this silly idea that he should have the money available immediately. For some reason....
Old 07-31-2007, 02:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost_Tracker View Post
I believe the operative phrase here is,
"check's in the mail!"

Look for it uhhhh - TUESDAY!

I swear, I'm still wondering about that "Stevie Nicks concert" thing that went down awhile back. Supposedly people got refunds after it inevitably fell through but ....
Anyway I think the refund thing definitely is worth keeping an eye on. If people don't get their refunds than it's moving beyond just being annoying into a "whole 'nother level." Think 'bout it....
That was last summer and I was one of those that paid the $250. I got a refund within a few days after the official cancellation.
Old 07-31-2007, 03:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I thought they were getting refunds.
Nope......
Old 07-31-2007, 03:31 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
That was last summer and I was one of those that paid the $250. I got a refund within a few days after the official cancellation.
Thank god I did too... I bought 4 of those tickets.

Jazmen, it really is a disgrace that he suddenly has to "save up"? for services already rendered. I can't even believe that. If you are going to be nice enough to wait, then I would certainly give him a deadline. I also wouldn't hold my breath for payment either.

There are also not going to be any refunds on the supporting memberships. As far as I'm concerned there was never a proviso that if a member were to be banned they would forfeit any possible refund. Besides, the supporting memberships never entailed posting priveleges, just unlimited PM's and access to PM's along with "earlier" news on upcoming events. So, while my posting priveleges were taken away with the ban, what I paid for never should have been.

I really hope if the board was taken down he at least had the courtesy of notifying the members so they could have their contact info and such from their PM's...

Enough of my rant, it's just that the whole thing makes me sick.

And yes Brian I am speaking my mind on the Ledge... I know you find that tacky and distasteful but I have a right to do what I want...
Old 07-31-2007, 04:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

And there are those who think that you were very, very lucky to receive it; and that you almost didn't.

Think back to the things Brian said and did after Nicksfix - Stevie's ONLY official Home Page - started stating clearly that there wasn't going to be any concert. Were the things he said true? Or were they false? They can't be a little of each; it's one or the other.
Old 07-31-2007, 05:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

No one got refunds for their supporting memberships. Even people who paid and then were banned several weeks later. It is a disgrace but paypal cannot do anything. Although they are appauled about the whole thing. He banned most of the supporting members and just kept their money.

"She has an exquisite femininity"......Lindsey
Old 07-31-2007, 06:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost_Tracker View Post
And there are those who think that you were very, very lucky to receive it; and that you almost didn't.Think back to the things Brian said and did after Nicksfix - Stevie's ONLY official Home Page - started stating clearly that there wasn't going to be any concert. Were the things he said true? Or were they false? They can't be a little of each; it's one or the other.

I wasn't too worried. I paid via Paypal on a CC. If, after a reasonable amount of time, I didn't get a refund I would simply charge it back. If the money was already gone...then I don't know. The whole thing did go down in a strange way though.
Old 08-01-2007, 12:40 AM
Junior Ledgie

I bought tickets too but was paid back in 48 hours. I was a supporting member but was never given a refund. Personally I think Brian is a crook. I used to love goin into 7 Blunders until I was banned for being in a anti 7 Blunders board. Now I take great pride in getting passwords and attacking Brian personally. Sad he took down the board. I have 10 more accounts to use
Old 08-01-2007, 02:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruckerMike View Post
I bought tickets too but was paid back in 48 hours. I was a supporting member but was never given a refund. Personally I think Brian is a crook. I used to love goin into 7 Blunders until I was banned for being in a anti 7 Blunders board. Now I take great pride in getting passwords and attacking Brian personally. Sad he took down the board. I have 10 more accounts to use

Multiple accounts...you could get banned again and again.
Old 08-01-2007, 05:06 AM
Registered

I knew he was going to close it.

I knew FIVE MINUTES after he banned all those people he knew he made a mistake. But, he wanted to set an example and knew he couldn't unban anyone or he would seem "weak." I think he made the right decision in closing it, that place was going to hell with Cookie and rhiannon86mac at the helm.

And Jazzy,

I think that is absolute BS that he hasn't paid you. You need to take some legal action on that or I doubt you'll ever see your money.

Last edited by LiamMcConville; 08-01-2007 at 05:19 AM..
Old 08-01-2007, 08:09 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiamMcConville View Post
I knew he was going to close it.

I knew FIVE MINUTES after he banned all those people he knew he made a mistake. But, he wanted to set an example and knew he couldn't unban anyone or he would seem "weak." I think he made the right decision in closing it, that place was going to hell with Cookie and rhiannon86mac at the helm.

And Jazzy,

I think that is absolute BS that he hasn't paid you. You need to take some legal action on that or I doubt you'll ever see your money.
Did he ever ban Rhiannon86 for all the **** he pulled with you? Or at least take him down as Forum Leader?
Old 08-01-2007, 08:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm not trying to be rude, but do you think some people may be wary of buying The Ledge if there is a sense that there is a lot of drama going on? (I mean: there should be some, it's a Fleetwood Mac site after all ), but still . . .

And if Seven Wonders is gone, shouldn't all of its members be welcomed at the Ledge, under current and potentially new ownership?
Old 08-01-2007, 08:37 AM
Registered

Of course not. Here are the emails he sent me:

Liam, please just try to ignore it. This really has nothing to do with me or the board. If he or anyone else did that to you, then yes, I think it's messed up and I certainly don't approve of it. But please don't take this situation to the board. There has been enough nonsense and drama in the past month as it is. I know you're upset and angry and want to call him out on it, but please just do it privately. You don't have to like him or even acknowledge him on 7W. But bringing it to the board and getting everyone else involved is not the best way to handle it.

Thanks,
Brian

And my favorite:

Wow, ok, look. Stop bringing me into this situation. It's not my business and it has nothing to do with the board - It has to do with Myspace and your personal conflict with him. You know why the banned members were banned - it was for sharing private information/emails. It wasn't personal (despite popular belief). I don't need to be "professional" and "do my job" outside of the parameters of the board. Like I said, I sympathize with your situation, but I have no control over what you or him do outside of Seven Wonders.
Old 08-01-2007, 08:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

He did not notify anyone if it did close permanently..I got up 3 days ago and tried to sign on and nothing..I have been trying for the last 3 days..No contact from anyone on the board..