Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-06-2006, 12:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

LIB:

"i want to make a special dedication tonight that i really haven't made before - i want to dedicate this song to lindsey because he taught me how to play the guitar that i used to write this song, he inspired this song, and i wrote this song about him... it's called Landslide."

i cried. i am a girl and i cried.
Old 08-06-2006, 02:40 PM
goldustsongbird
This message has been deleted by goldustsongbird.
Old 08-06-2006, 02:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
"I always used to dedicate this song to someone, whenever we'd do it eight years ago & fifteen beyond that. Um... so I guess I should--since this is the third night--dedicate this song to you. It's called Landslide & it's very old. I hope you like it."

--The Complex, Burbank, February 1990 rehearsal
And at the end... "It's old! It'll get better!"
Old 08-07-2006, 11:31 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lala
"Well, just...tomorrow this place will be filled with...horses!...[paraphrasing]I'd like to dedicate this song to the Calgary Stampede. It's called 'Landslide'"
--- Calgary July 7/04
Oh wow, good memories, can't believe it has been two years already.

I remember her saying something like "cowpokes" or something to that measure, it was pretty hard to understand I remember lol You are probably right though.

Good ol Mick yelling the Calgary Stampede during World Turning
Old 08-07-2006, 02:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Some more....

"This is a song...from the last Fleetwood Mac album, that we all love very much. It's called "Landslide", and it's for you." (Cleveland, OH 7/23/76)

"Hello Litle Rock. I'd like to dedicate this...I just like to dedicate this to everyone...especially to you. It's called "Landslide"." (Little Rock, AR 5/20/77)

"Hello. I would like to...dedicate this song to you Las Vegas. It's called "Landslide"." (Las Vegas 8/25/77)

"Los Angeles...beautiful child, wherever you are, this is for you. It's called "Landslide"." (Los Angeles, CA 8/29/77)

"Osaka! This is for you." (Osaka, Japan 12/4/77)

"This is for you." (Tokyo 12/5/77)

"This is for you, Washington. It's called "Landslide". This is for John!" (Landover 1978)

"This is for you...because you bring us so much happiness. It's called "Landslide"." (Dallas, TX 7/23/78)

"Well we're running...heh...and we're better late than never. I would like to uh...dedicate this...crazy old song to you, and it's called "Landslide"." (Providence, RI 11/22/79)

"So I'd to to, uh...dedicate this to Julie, who just got here from the United States...John's wife. It'called "Landslide"." (Yokohama, Japan 2/13/80)

"I would like to uh...dedicate this to you, because my relatives came from here. I have a great-aunt Sarah who lived here about a hundred years ago. So, this is for Sarah, and for you. It's called "Landslide"." (Cologne, Germany 6/4/80)

"Well this is a mile high city! Eight miles high...city. I'd like to uh..dedicate this to...the snow-covered hills, cause I wrote my song...about the snow-covered hills in Colorado. So this is for you." (Denver, CO 10/15/82)

"I would like to...dedicate this song to Mr. Bill Graham, cause, he is the Velvet Underground. He started this all. It's called "Landslide"." (Oakland 10/20/82)

"I would like to uh...I'm in awe way up here.. I would like to dedicate this song to...to John McVie, because he's so sweet, and it's called "Landslide"." (Lincoln, NE 10/26/82)

"This is a song that uh...we took out of the set about 12 years ago, and decided to put it back in, cause we thought that maybe you missed it. So...I would like to dedicate this to all my German ancestors, because, on both sides of my family, they are German. So I guess that makes me German.This song is called "Landslide", and it's for you." (Essen, Germany 9/7/90)

Inspired Angel: Stevie Nicks
Old 08-07-2006, 02:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Excellent, Lisa!! Do you want to have a Landslide page on your Web site? I could help you gather dedication transcriptions & then proofread it all!

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 08-07-2006, 02:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
Excellent, Lisa!! Do you want to have a Landslide page on your Web site? I could help you gather dedication transcriptions & then proofread it all!
Thank you! I'd be happy to work on one after I get the rest of my transfers done. I've thought since the first time you mentioned it that it was a cool idea, and wondered why you hadn't done one yet.

Inspired Angel: Stevie Nicks
Old 08-07-2006, 03:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

A search on google of

landslide "stevie nicks" dallas dedicate doctor

revealed a few more that I do not have time to cut and paste.

I was looking for the BTM Dallas concert where she dedicates it to a doctor there who took care of her when she was sick. If I find the exact one, I'll post it.

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 08-07-2006, 05:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Because I am bored...

Behind the Mask

"This is a very simple song and I would like to dedicate it to BuckinghamNicks, because I hope that maybe some day he will find it in his heart to spend some time with me again and maybe do some more music." Inglewood, CA 12-7-90

"This is a song that we took out of the set about 12 years ago and we decided to put it back in the set because maybe you might have missed it a little bit. We've always dedicated this song to somebody and tonight, since Christine's brother is here and we haven't seem him in a long time and we love him so much, we'd like to dedicate this to Mr. John Perfect. And this is Landslide." Manchester, UK 8-25-90

"This is a song we added back into the set after about 12 years because we thought you might have missed it. And we always used to...it used to be my time to get to talk to you for a minute and dedicate something to you, so anyway, this song, after 12 years, once again, is for you. It's called Landslide, I hope you like it." Mansfield, MA 2-27-90

"This is a song that we took out of the set about 12 years ago and we put it back in because we thought maybe you might have missed it. It's also a song that we always dedicated to somebody and...since I named a godchild after Mozart I would like very much to dedicate it to him. And to you, for being the city from where it all came from, that music. This is Landslide." Vienna, Austria 9-13-90

The Dance

"I'm going to take just a second to say to you...we would like to dedicate this all to you, because you are the reason that we have to do it. And also, to a vibrant happy little girl named Kelly Ann and she's out here tonight, so Kelly Ann, this is for you too." Atlantic City, NJ 11-29-97

"We would like to dedicate this to all of you guys, because if it wasn't for you we would have no reason in the world to ever play this song." East Rutherford, NJ 9-30-97

"If he's here, I'd like to dedicate this song to Don. You know who you are. And also to you guys, because you give us a reason to ever do this song." Irvine, CA 10-17-97

"I would like to dedicate this song to my uncle who lives here in Tacoma, because I love him. I love you. It's called Landslide." Tacoma, WA 10-11-97

Mirage

"Sorry I'm late. I would like to... I would like to dedicate this very old song... making me feel by the day older... I'd like to dedicate this to you for still caring enough to come see us. It's called Landslide." Baton Rouge, LA 10-13-82

"I would like to dedicate this song to Mick, our Mick Fleetwood's mother, because she's here tonight and she's very wise. It's called Landslide." East Rutherford, NJ 9-14-82

Rumours

"Hello, Baton Rouge. This is my Landslide and I'd like to dedicate it to Mr. John Courage, who is my friend." Baton Rouge, LA 8-30-78

"Before we begin... I think that you know that you are very special to me and Lindsey. You know, we have to dedicate this song now to you, because you are very special and we'll never forget you." Birmingham, AL 6-2-77

"I'd like to first of all say hello to you and dedicate this song to you, considering we're very happy to be here. It's called Landslide." Buffalo, NY 7-3-77

"This song is called Landslide, and it's for you." Kansas City, MO 4-1-77

"Hello. I would like to dedicate this song to you, Las Vegas. It's called Landslide." Las Vegas, NV 8-25-77

"Nagoya, tan howigo Landslide." Nagoya, Japan 12-1-77 (maybe someone who speaks Japanese can write down the exact words, I am just writing it as I hear it )

"Well, Nashville, home of backporch singing and country and everything, this is a song called Landslide, and I'd like to dedicate it to you." Nashville, TN 5-21-77

"Well, Oklahoma, I always find someone to dedicate this song to. Tonight I'd like to just dedicate it to our crew, because they're so special. And also to you. It's called Landslide." Oklahoma City, OK 5-18-77

"Well, Orlando, this song is called Landslide, and I'd like to dedicate it to you." Orlando, FL 5-29-77

"I would like to dedicate this to you, Paris, it's called Landslide." Paris, France 4-14-77

"Well, Philadelphia, this song is called Landslide and I'd really like to dedicate this to you." Philadelphia, PA 3-21-77

"Hello. I always dedicate this song to somebody and tonight, because it's a big...........I'd like to dedicate this to Lindsey. It's called Landslide." Providence, RI 7-7-77 (if someone could fill in the dots, that would be great. I keep hearing 'big filled tray'...that can't be right.)

I also hope that someone can make out what she says on the Glasgow, Scotland boot...I can't make anything of it.

More to follow...

Last edited by danax6; 08-07-2006 at 05:17 PM..
Old 08-07-2006, 05:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by danax6
Because I am bored...

Behind the Mask

"This is a very simple song and I would like to dedicate it to BuckinghamNicks, because I hope that maybe some day he will find it in his heart to spend some time with me again and maybe do some more music." Inglewood, CA 12-7-90

"This is a song that we took out of the set about 12 years ago and we decided to put it back in the set because maybe you might have missed it a little bit. We've always dedicated this song to somebody and tonight, since Christine's brother is here and we haven't seem him in a long time and we love him so much, we'd like to dedicate this to Mr. John Perfect. And this is Landslide." Manchester, UK 8-25-90

"This is a song we added back into the set after about 12 years because we thought you might have missed it. And we always used to...it used to be my time to get to talk to you for a minute and dedicate something to you, so anyway, this song, after 12 years, once again, is for you. It's called Landslide, I hope you like it." Mansfield, MA 2-27-90

"This is a song that we took out of the set about 12 years ago and we put it back in because we thought maybe you might have missed it. It's also a song that we always dedicated to somebody and...since I named a godchild after Mozart I would like very much to dedicate it to him. And to you, for being the city from where it all came from, that music. This is Landslide." Vienna, Austria 9-13-90

The Dance

"I'm going to take just a second to say to you...we would like to dedicate this all to you, because you are the reason that we have to do it. And also, to a vibrant happy little girl named Kelly Ann and she's out here tonight, so Kelly Ann, this is for you too." Atlantic City, NJ 11-29-97

"We would like to dedicate this to all of you guys, because if it wasn't for you we would have no reason in the world to ever play this song." East Rutherford, NJ 9-30-97

"If he's here, I'd like to dedicate this song to Don. You know who you are. And also to you guys, because you give us a reason to ever do this song." Irvine, CA 10-17-97

"I would like to dedicate this song to my uncle who lives here in Tacoma, because I love him. I love you. It's called Landslide." Tacoma, WA 10-11-97

Mirage

"Sorry I'm late. I would like to... I would like to dedicate this very old song... making me feel by the day older... I'd like to dedicate this to you for still caring enough to come see us. It's called Landslide." Baton Rouge, LA 10-13-82

"I would like to dedicate this song to Mick, our Mick Fleetwood's mother, because she's here tonight and she's very wise. It's called Landslide." East Rutherford, NJ 9-14-82

Rumours

"Hello, Baton Rouge. This is my Landslide and I'd like to dedicate it to Mr. John Courage, who is my friend." Baton Rouge, LA 8-30-78

"Before we begin... I think that you know that you are very special to me and Lindsey. You know, we have to dedicate this song now to you, because you are very special and we'll never forget you." Birmingham, AL 6-2-77

"I'd like to first of all say hello to you and dedicate this song to you, considering we're very happy to be here. It's called Landslide." Buffalo, NY 7-3-77

"This song is called Landslide, and it's for you." Kansas City, MO 4-1-77

"Hello. I would like to dedicate this song to you, Las Vegas. It's called Landslide." Las Vegas, NV 8-25-77

"Nagoya, tan howigo Landslide." Nagoya, Japan 12-1-77 (maybe someone who speaks Japanese can write down the exact words, I am just writing it as I hear it )

"Well, Nashville, home of backporch singing and country and everything, this is a song called Landslide, and I'd like to dedicate it to you." Nashville, TN 5-21-77

"Well, Oklahoma, I always find someone to dedicate this song to. Tonight I'd like to just dedicate it to our crew, because they're so special. And also to you. It's called Landslide." Oklahoma City, OK 5-18-77

"Well, Orlando, this song is called Landslide, and I'd like to dedicate it to you." Orlando, FL 5-29-77

"I would like to dedicate this to you, Paris, it's called Landslide." Paris, France 4-14-77

"Well, Philadelphia, this song is called Landslide and I'd really like to dedicate this to you." Philadelphia, PA 3-21-77

"Hello. I always dedicate this song to somebody and tonight, because it's a big...........I'd like to dedicate this to Lindsey. It's called Landslide." Providence, RI 7-7-77 (if someone could fill in the dots, that would be great. I keep hearing 'big filled tray'...that can't be right.)

I also hope that someone can make out what she says on the Glasgow, Scotland boot...I can't make anything of it.

More to follow...

Good job with all those! I hear something slightly different on the Atlantic City, Dance dedication. Let me listen again and try to make out the exact words.

"She has an exquisite femininity"......Lindsey
Old 08-07-2006, 05:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly
Good job with all those! I hear something slightly different on the Atlantic City, Dance dedication. Let me listen again and try to make out the exact words.
Good, cause I wasn't sure. Bad quality boot!

I am working on the SYW shows now. She definitely talked a lot more...sigh.
Old 08-07-2006, 06:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Say You Will

"I would also like to quickly say something about...basically Los Angeles Anaheim, this area. It's that, uh, Lindsey and I did move here in 1971 and we came here to get a record deal and be rock stars. We got a record deal, we made a record...the record company, Polydor, dropped us completely and we were like starting over, we had no idea what we were going to do. And it was like 'get a job!', so about a year and half, two years later, Mick Fleetwood called us and just asked us, sight unseen, to join his band. Sight unseen, no audition or nothing! So, anyway, this place has a very special meaning to us, because it is in fact where the dream came true. Our dream. So a little bit of our dream belongs to you and this song especially belongs to you, it's called Landslide." Anaheim, CA 7-17-03

"Usually, we don't talk really a whole lot during this show, but we decided, Lindsey and I, that we did definitely need to say something to Birmingham about what happened so very long ago. In 1975, the first day of 1975, Mick Fleetwood called us and asked us to join Fleetwood Mac. About two months later we got a call, just Lindsey and me as BuckinghamNicks, to go to Birmingham, Alabama, to play. And Mick, John and Chris, being very benevolent said 'sure, go ahead and go'. So we went, not having any idea that we were actually coming to play a concert for 5,000 people. We couldn't get a job to save our lives in Los Angeles. So we arrived here, and 5,000 people is a looot of people...for Lindsey and I it was maybe a glance into our future, a moment where we saw what was coming, however it was going to come to us, that it was coming to us and it came to us, in our heads that night in Birmingham. We just wanted to tell you how much we appreciated that and we would like to dedicate Landslide to y'all for that moment." Birmingham, AL 6-5-03

First of all, we'd like to take this moment to thank you, the audience, for always continuing to support this band. And second of all, because this is a really special night, as you can see, we are filming you as we speak... I want to make a special dedication tonight that I really haven't made before, except for last night when we did this. I told Lindsey 'don't think, this won't be on the camera, so don't think this is something that I practice, because I didn't, it just came into my heart last night.' I want to dedicate this song to Lindsey, because he taught me how to play the guitar pick that I used to write this song, and then he inspired me to write this song and so the song then is in fact about him. It is Landslide." Boston, MA 9-24-03

"We always like to take this moment in the set to thank the audience for continuing to support this band. You probably all know that tonight and the day after tomorrow are our last two shows that we are going to do for a while. We've done about 135 shows since a year and half ago. So I'd like to dedicate this next song to my niece, Jessie, because I am definitely training her to take over for me. So, Jessie, this is for you, it's called Landslide." Camden, NJ 9-12-04

Last edited by danax6; 08-07-2006 at 06:21 PM..
Old 08-07-2006, 06:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly
Also, listen to the Rumours Providence boot for me, it's driving me insane that I can't make out what she says. I will send it if you don't have it in easy reach.
Old 08-07-2006, 06:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by danax6
Say You Will

"I would also like to quickly say something about...basically Los Angeles Anaheim, this area. It's that, uh, Lindsey and I did move here in 1971 and we came here to get a record deal and be rock stars. We got a record deal, we made a record...the record company, Polydor, dropped us completely and we were like starting over, we had no idea what we were going to do. And it was like 'get a job!', so about a year and half, two years later, Mick Fleetwood called us and just asked us, sight on seen, to join his band. Sight on seen, no audition or nothing! So, anyway, this place has a very special meaning to us, because it is in fact where the dream came true. Our dream. So a little bit of our dream belongs to you and this song especially belongs to you, it's called Landslide." Anaheim, CA 7-17-03
That would be "sight unseen".
Old 08-07-2006, 06:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD
That would be "sight unseen".
K, let me edit.
Old 08-07-2006, 06:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie
He had a colonoscopy. He told us all about it, but never told us the results. I just wanted to know that everything was okay. David is integral to the Ledge!
oh..I must have missed that..

glad you are o.k. David!