User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-21-2006, 05:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondsnake
After taking a good painful look in the mirror this morning, I have decided to go on a diet! It is just so easy to gain weight when it is cold outside. I'm only 7 hours into my diet and I am already in agony. Can anyone else relate?

I just hate this. Why can't I be one of those people with those super fast metabolisms? It isn't fair!
i'm dragging my lard ass to the gym tonight after work. i HAVE to! i haven't gone in like a month and lemme tell ya, i GOTTA!

Where on your palm is my little line when you're written in mine as an old memory?

KATE BUSH
Old 02-21-2006, 05:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin
I loved WW, it works great if you can stick with it. I lost wiehgt & kept it off for a good 1&1/2 to 2 years, then started slacking again.

I need to start doing WW again. I'm not at my heaviest, but I'd like to lose about 15 pounds. I'm doing the elliptical machine 3 days a week, which I really love, so at least I'm not gaining. My gym membership runs out in 3 weeks though, and I've only been using the elliptical there so I may give in & buy one for home.
That's the best machine ever invented. That is where I will be in about a half hour, on that machine kicking my ass!
Old 02-21-2006, 05:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerchic
Buy a tredmill (a good one), so you can run on it too (but they are expensive). I bought a second hand one for $1000 ($5000 brand new). Best investment I ever made! She's sitten right in front of the tv. I walk/run every morning for 45-60 minutes, five days a week, while I watch the Today show (not on weekends cause hubby & kids are home and throw my schedule out of whack). It works for me. I find exercise way easier then dieting. This way I can have my sweets at nite, which I love and not feel guilty because I know I can just hop on that treadmill and walk it off.
Just don't try to walk on it in boots. I'd love to get a treadmill, but I have no idea where I'd put it.
Old 02-21-2006, 05:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I have both a treadmill and elliptical machine here at home. I just started running again and my joints are actually not hurting. It might have something to do with the vitamin e I just started taking.
Old 02-21-2006, 06:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzeQuze
I downloaded Calorie King to my PDA last night. However, some bastard put free chocolate mouse cake in the kitchen here. Oh well, I just put it in the count, I'm going to the gym anyway so its all good. I still have 350 cals left for the day!
Calorie King. Didnt she sing SO Far Away?
Old 02-21-2006, 08:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I was doing cardio arobics there for a while. Then, my legs really started aching. So I stopped for what I thought was going to be a few days. That was 2 weeks ago. I need to start up again. I've really been watching what I eat since Jan. I've slipped up quite a few times, but I've lost 5 lbs. Not good, but not bad. I cut out all fast food, and all soda. I really figured with as much of that I was consuming, I would lose weight without exercise, but I was wrong.
Old 02-21-2006, 08:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMn
Calorie King. Didnt she sing SO Far Away?
LOL Good one, David.
Old 02-21-2006, 09:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sara1998
I cut out all fast food, and all soda.
Congratulations, Sara. That's the FIRST thing ANYBODY should do who is mulling over his or her weight or general health.

Someone once asked, Do diets fail people or do people fail diets?

It's a good question. Any diet that makes you believe that there's a short-term fix is playing hooey with you.

Also, some of you are saying that you just started a specific diet two weeks ago or three weeks ago or a month ago. I think virtually ANY diet -- even the truly rotten ones -- will take water off you in the first few weeks & you'll see your weight decrease by a couple of pounds. I don't think any of that means diddly squat. I think it's far too soon to tell how you're dealing with a diet in only the first couple of weeks.

Losing weight is a bitch. We're all getting older & slowing down. Good luck to everyone who wants to be healthier. It's a long, somewhat tiresome journey, but it can definitely have its payback.
Old 02-21-2006, 09:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sara1998
I was doing cardio arobics there for a while. Then, my legs really started aching. So I stopped for what I thought was going to be a few days. That was 2 weeks ago.
I was really having a problem with my hip last year from the exercise so I had to stop for a while.
Are you stretching afterwards? It's helped me a lot.
Old 02-21-2006, 10:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I am just so mad at myself. I basically got down to my goal weight this summer. I was pretty happy with the way that I looked and I maybe only had five pounds or so left to get rid of. Then I slipped up and started drinking frapacinos at Starbucks and ordering take out Chinese, and watching Paula Deen on the food network!

Now, 6 months later, I am practically back where I started! All that work last summer (the long hours at the gym, etc.) was for nothing! I now need to lose like thirty pounds.

I just keep thinking that if I never went off my diet then I would actually be slim right now. How stupid could I be?

We were frail...
Save us...
Old 02-22-2006, 12:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by all the same
i'm dragging my lard ass to the gym tonight after work. i HAVE to! i haven't gone in like a month and lemme tell ya, i GOTTA!

Okay, first of all, you are the thinnest person I've ever met, gunty.

Diamondsnake - sorry about your gain, that sucks ass. Didn't you keep exercising when you went off your diet? Don't ever think that you are "done" staying fit, because whether dieting or not, you have to exercise. All your life. At least 3-5 days a week. So, you should get used to that idea.
Also - why are you in agony? Are you missing greasy things? Because on a diet you should really be eating every 2-3 hours or so. But the snacks should be nutritious, and the meals as well, and the meals should balance protein/fat/carbs. You probably know this already - it's hard to not eat greasy food at first. or always. That is why, like Bikerchic, I prefer to exercise rather than dieting.
Good luck! Hit that gym! (or go hiking, or play sports, or whatever you do).
My weight is evah so slowly creeping downward. evah....so....slowly...
Oh, and don't smoke pot, either *laughie*

Oh, hey, fake meat products will cut your calories dramatically while satisfying your craving for yumminess. I bought ground Boca recently and I make the most delicious satisfying burritos from it. Get this - a whole pouch of the Boca (I usually use half a pouch per burrito) only has 120 calories!!! And not much fat, cholesterol, etc. Do you know how many calories and how much fat and cholesterol the ground beef equivelant would be?! Lots.
Lets see....Apples with peanut butter is a good nutritious snack - it satisfies your sweet tooth, plus the PB satisfies your craving for fat and is filling as well. The bonus is apples are really good for you and only one apple has five grams of fiber and only, like, 70 calories!
If you are not very fond of veggies, dip those carrots and broccoli and peppers in a LITTLE BIT of ranch. Ranch isn't good for you, but if it makes you eat the veggies, it's fine. The thing about veggies is, they are really filling and satisfying. I find that if I don't get enough good nutrients, I crave more food, and fattier food.
I also recommend finding a tea you like and having that twice a day at least. Not with sugar. Acidic citrus foods help cut your appetite, like lemons and oranges. Eat walnuts or salmon, and nuts in general (in moderation) because the good fats in those help your body process the other fat that you take in much more of.
I apologize if you totally already know all about the suggestions I just gave you....

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -

Last edited by amber; 02-22-2006 at 12:43 AM..
Old 02-22-2006, 01:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I went on the grear FLU diet and lost all my Xmas poundage in one week flat. So there's the trick ladies and gents, get a really bad case of the flu and it'll all melt away. Yay, I'm skinny again!!!!!!!!

I used to be Snow White but I drifted - Mae West.
Old 02-22-2006, 01:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red
I went on the grear FLU diet and lost all my Xmas poundage in one week flat. So there's the trick ladies and gents, get a really bad case of the flu and it'll all melt away. Yay, I'm skinny again!!!!!!!!

plus, you get a week off from work!

I've lost weight recently... I actually need to gain about 10 pounds. Yeah, I suck.
Old 02-22-2006, 01:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfanken
plus, you get a week off from work! .
Exactly!! It was a great big bonus all around for me!!!
And...although I'm sure it sucks, I don't know how many people you'll find in this thread empathizing with the needing to GAIN weight part...but hey, we all have our demons.

I used to be Snow White but I drifted - Mae West.
Old 02-22-2006, 01:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red
Exactly!! It was a great big bonus all around for me!!!
And...although I'm sure it sucks, I don't know how many people you'll find in this thread empathizing with the needing to GAIN weight part...but hey, we all have our demons.
I was just wondering where you were as I was leaving Daniel a message. So, here you are. Skinny as hell. Which I don't mind, I just wanted to say something related. Because I didn't say enough in my other post.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -