Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-21-2006, 03:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boots
If Lindsey Buckingham is reading this.... my phone number is.....

I kid...I kid...
You say what we're all thinking.
Old 02-21-2006, 03:53 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyqm
But Lindsey's way means that it's never coming! Except this year, this year will be different, he'll definitely release it this year, he promises, oh wait, did he say this year, he meant next year, yeah, definitely next year...

Also, does this thread make anybody else have to pee?
Alright - then I will correct my incorrect use of words...

Just bring the ****ing music already!!!!!!!!!

And yes...I have to pee.
Old 02-21-2006, 06:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari
Dear Lindsey,
Please don't take any directions from fans about what musical direction you should take.
Just release more music.
Thank you.
Mari
Amen. I couldnt have said it better.
Old 02-22-2006, 12:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madness Fades
and all this lindsey you are sexy stuff is forbidden, this is a music only petition.

We are Lindsey fans.
Lindsey is a rocker.
Rockers are rebels.
As Lindsey fans we should try to follow his example and be rockers too.
Therefore we should try to be rebels when the situation calls for it.
Rebels break the rules when they're made to be broken.
Therefore,
Lindsey you are sexy Q.E.D.

Thank YOUUUU ! ! ! GOOD NIGHT!
Old 02-22-2006, 01:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Dear Lindsey,

Do a solo tour soon and please make sure to hit the Providence, Rhode Island area when you do.

Thanks,
Pattie
Old 02-22-2006, 01:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Dear Lindsey,

It's all there - whether recorded, on paper, or on your mind. Release it!! For you and for the people that truly appreciate it, we all need it. Do it. Do it now.

Rachel

p.s. aren't you busting at the seams already?? Gad!!

I used to be Snow White but I drifted - Mae West.
Old 02-22-2006, 02:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

2 suggestions:

1) Quit courting WB! They're not interested & you don't need them. I wish he'd take the material to Sanctuary or Nonesuch or some similar independent label that will at least have some interest in his artistic vision and give him the support he deserves. And soon, while there's a window of opportunity in band activity... before the songs get rolled into another Fleetwood Mac album.

2) If he's going to tour, get a drummer. The electronic drums Taku was playing on Soundstage didn't sound right at all, IMO.
Old 02-22-2006, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelshWitchPMD
Dear Lindsey,

Do a solo tour soon and please make sure to hit the Providence, Rhode Island area when you do.

Thanks,
Pattie
yeah Linds please come to the Rhode Island area. We may be small but we are big fans!
Old 02-22-2006, 10:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Question

Well, I hope you guys aren't getting your hopes up too high. You know what happened to the supposed last Lindsey solo album.

Lee
Old 02-22-2006, 11:41 AM
Senior Ledgie

Just a shout out to "Enchanted SLN"....your sig line chokes me up everytime I see it. I'm such a dog lover. As an owner of a Basset Hound - who is nearing 11 years old - the idea of losing him kills me. What a lovely sentiment for Angel.

Anyway - If Mr. Buckingham were reading this - along with giving out my phone number and encouragement to get out songs, I'd have to say - STOP with the age old BS of thinking that you have to go with a big-ass commerical, corporate music company like Warners. Holy Moly, man!!! You could release your stuff independently, and get great NPR or Satellite Radio airplay that would place you in a pretigious niche. DO you think it's beneath you to go indie? How about putting your ego aside and lending a hand as a producer to other up and coming indie artists? It allows others to benefit from your expertise, perhaps even get some great critical acclaim with you as the man behind the curtains. You continue on your legend status by showing how dynamic you are - you get you're own professional buzz around the underground.

Does it take so much out of you? You're a brilliant producer! I'm think of someone like Daniel Lanois - a legend, such as yourself, who has produced and created the most moving sounds from groups like U2 and Emmy Lou Harris and Bob Dylan - and then turns around and creates his own album that is not commercial, but critically acclaimed. Dude! Wake up! Isn't that what you strive for? Aren't you the type that would "give up an "F" of a lot of money" if the product was artistically good? If that's the case, then why are you hanging around Interscope? Why are you waiting for Warners? These companies want to pigeon hole you only for Fleetwood Mac only for the budgetary bottom line. Why do you let them to this to you? Just for the money? Well, forget it...because in this day and age - trying to get that old 70's anything-goes per diem ain't happening for anybody. That party was over in the late 80's.

Don't write songs for your solo work, only to be hijacked by FM. Write music for FM, but the music you write for your solo projects - is for you. Don't give them up for no one. Take your music....release it independently. You have the money! Then see how cool you will be.

And then I'd give him a big hug and a wet kiss and see where that leads us....

Last edited by Boots; 02-22-2006 at 11:56 AM..
Old 02-22-2006, 12:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
How about putting your ego aside and lending a hand as a producer to other up and coming indie artists? It allows others to benefit from your expertise, perhaps even get some great critical acclaim with you as the man behind the curtains. You continue on your legend status by showing how dynamic you are - you get you're own professional buzz around the underground.
This is a great idea. If Lindsey's going to sit around for decades on end not bothering to release his own music, he'd do really well to spend some time in the studio with other artists he likes or admires, producing or arranging their work. And of course, not only could another band or artist benefit from Lindsey's skills, but Lindsey could always learn a few things too, and actually feel connected to the larger music world, rather than sitting holed up in his cave on the hill.

Why not work with Brian Wilson? Or a band like the Shins? (Although given the sweet ass time they're taking on their next album, it might not be a good idea to hook them up with such an enabler...)

Lindsey could really benefit from engaging in the creative process with someone other than himself or Stevie/Mick/John.
Old 02-22-2006, 02:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Don't write songs for your solo work, only to be hijacked by FM. Write music for FM, but the music you write for your solo projects - is for you. Don't give them up for no one. Take your music....release it independently. You have the money! Then see how cool you will be.

And then I'd give him a big hug and a wet kiss and see where that leads us....

Yep. That's happened at least three times already. For God's sake!

And yes!
Old 02-22-2006, 04:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Just a shout out to "Enchanted SLN"....your sig line chokes me up everytime I see it. I'm such a dog lover. As an owner of a Basset Hound - who is nearing 11 years old - the idea of losing him kills me. What a lovely sentiment for Angel.
Thank you. Sorry to bum you out with it! I think it's probably time for something a little lighter. I love bassets, and I know exactly how you feel. I wish they could stay with us longer. Just make as much as you can of the time you do have with him.

Great idea about Lindsey producing newer bands. Hell, maybe spending more time around indie up-and-comers would encourage him to take the plunge and release his own stuff that way. And it'd be a good means for him to get his name out there and be in demand as an entity outside of Fleetwood Mac again. The shift to production was a pretty good move for Linda Perry, Jack White, etc. At very least it'd give us a chance to see where he is musically apart from the band, if he's done releasing solo albums.
Old 02-22-2006, 05:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Arrow I have ZERO doubt

Lindsey knows exactly how I feel about his music. He was told quite a few times in various ways by myself on the SYW tour.

That said, Lindsey PLEASE release a solo album this year or I am going to go postal. I have needs...cravings that need to be met. I may listen to quite a few artists but only ONE makes the kind of music I ache for. That would be you.

Dont' shut us down.
Old 02-22-2006, 06:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Dear Lindsey-

I was so blown away by Out of the Cradle. Remember when you played at the Coach House in San Juan Capistrano? Remember how there were probably more people in your band then there were in the audience??? I kid, I kid.... But, seriously. Remember at the end of the set you walked off the "stage" and went and sat down in chair off to the side. My table was about two tables away and I got up, walked over to you, put my arms on your sweaty shoulders and said, "You're awesome- we want one more, you can do it!"

Well, now I'm telling you that you can release another album and go on another tour just like that one. We are here and we are waiting.

Sincerly yours,

The Tower