User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-14-2005, 12:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
Wasn't there a part no one saw on the tape where he was wacked out of his gourd on PCP and was very violent? I read that. And PCP gives you superhuman strength, apparently.
They tasered him twice and that didn't have an effect (supposedly due to the PCP), so he lunged at one of the officers with his hands up as if he was going to strangle him. Then he was struck with a baton, fell to the ground, and got the living **** beat out of him while approximately 20 officers, including a supervisor, watched.

Old 10-14-2005, 12:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
They tasered him twice and that didn't have an effect (supposedly due to the PCP), so he lunged at one of the officers with his hands up as if he was going to strangle him. Then he was struck with a baton, fell to the ground, and got the living **** beat out of him while approximately 20 officers, including a supervisor, watched.
Ah, I see the problem. Overkill. Almost literally.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 10-14-2005, 12:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Give me a break. It's obvious that they had to subdue the ****er, but they beat him almost sixty times with their batons, even while officers were kneeling on his back and holding his legs. That's excessive force if I've ever heard of it.
Tough. These guys are doing their work in a war zone to this day. They are outnumbered, outgunned, and half the people they pull over want to kill them and have the guns to do it. So what if they get aggressive. I give them a lot of leeway in that job. They have the right to flip out sometimes and they couldn't have picked a better punching bag. Plus, Jackass King eluded them and was drunk and on PCP, if I remember correctly. In my book, elude the police and lead them on a chase, endangering innocent people in the process, and you tear up the card that entitles you to civil rights. I think leading cops on a chase ought to be a felony and have a minimum penalty of a lifelong revocation of driver's license and mandatory jail time of 2 years minimum. Him, and people like him, are the reason excessive force exists. He was and is a serial criminal who would have done us all a favor if he had died in one of his car accidents. More trash off the streets.

I still love you though.
Old 10-14-2005, 12:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Wasn't there a part no one saw on the tape where he was wacked out of his gourd on PCP and was very violent? I read that. And PCP gives you superhuman strength, apparently.
Yup. And as far as I am concerned, if you not only resist arrest, but attempt to physically harm a police officer, you are lucky to escape with your life. It is more than you deserve.

They beat him until he stopped moving and until they weren't pissed off anymore. If I were a police officer and someone was aggressive towards me and was wacked out on drugs, I'd beat the hell out of them too. And probably get fired. The idiots out there who are criminals show these guys and gals NO respect and don't fear them enough. They ought to fear them. If I get pulled over, and I have, I treat those people like kings. IMO, they are. It is Sir this and Sir that. They risk their lives every day and deserve to be treated well.
Old 10-14-2005, 12:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky
In my book, elude the police and lead them on a chase, endangering innocent people in the process, and you tear up the card that entitles you to civil rights.
We'll have to disagree on that one. And I give no cop, someone whose job it is to uphold the law, any leeway when it comes to breaking it.

Quote:
I still love you though.
And I love you, but I'm glad you aren't a cop.

Old 10-14-2005, 12:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
And probably get fired.
And rightfully so.

Old 10-14-2005, 12:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
We'll have to disagree on that one. And I give no cop, someone whose job it is to uphold the law, any leeway when it comes to breaking it.

Breaking the law aside, you have GOT to be kidding me. At least half a dozen times in the last year people have led officers on chases in Los Angeles. Sometimes down the freeway, going the wrong way in rush hour. They are risking the lives of hundreds of people for nothing. To get on the news !
If I were in charge of the police, once the person is apprehended...shoot to kill. Speed up the process. You are dealing with an animal who is a hazard to civilized society. Why waste the time and money on them ? They clearly place no value on human life, their own the lives of others.

Yours truly,

Sparky. Fascist to all criminals.

P.S. I would never be a cop. It doesn't pay enough.
Old 10-14-2005, 12:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Yeah, i subscribe to only "necessary force" as well. Just because someone is a super criminal, doesn't give the police officers the right to beat the holy f*ck out of him after he is already subdued. The point of arresting someone is to be able to subdue them to put them in jail, not to kill them.
Interestingly, a large portion of cops are wife beaters/insane bullies/weird power tripper stalkers/rapists etc. No accident.

Condoning cops beating the sh*t out of someone beyond necessary force, to me, is kind of like believing in the death penalty, logic wise, only a bit worse.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -

Last edited by amber; 10-14-2005 at 12:55 AM..
Old 10-14-2005, 12:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Breaking the law aside, you have GOT to be kidding me. At least half a dozen times in the last year people have led officers on chases in Los Angeles. Sometimes down the freeway, going the wrong way in rush hour. They are risking the lives of hundreds of people for nothing. To get on the news !
That still doesn't qualify them to have their civil rights stripped away. To do so would rob our "justice system" of the little justice it still doles out, and it perturbs me greatly that you think police officers themselves should be the ones to decide what to do with such criminals once they get them in their grasps. No crime invites police brutality or the abuse of their power as professionals who are there to uphold the law, not use the law at their discretion. Once we have goons riding around with pistols, batons, and shotguns who will punish criminals as they see fit, we stop having a police force and instead have a militia on the government payroll. Not to mention it robs the so-called criminals of due process, thereby wreaking havoc on the very definition of American justice and rendering it useless.

Quote:
If I were in charge of the police, once the person is apprehended...shoot to kill. Speed up the process. You are dealing with an animal who is a hazard to civilized society. Why waste the time and money on them ? They clearly place no value on human life, their own the lives of others.
And it isn't animalistic for police officers to kill them as soon as they're apprehended? Give me a ****ing break, man. That's sick. We'd be wading in even scarier, more fascist waters than we are now.

Quote:
Yours truly,

Sparky. Fascist to all criminals.
Ain't that the truth, love.

Quote:
P.S. I would never be a cop. It doesn't pay enough.
I'd move out of any state that would let you become a cop!

Old 10-14-2005, 12:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yeah, i subscribe to only "necessary force" as well. Just because someone is a super criminal, doesn't give the police officers the right to beat the holy f*ck out of him after he is already subdued. The point of arresting someone is to be able to subdue them to put them in jail, not to kill them.
I truly get the heebie jeebies thinking about cops and all of the injustice they've carried out over the years. The police system is as corrupt as our political system.

Quote:
Interestingly, a large portion of cops are wife beaters/insane bullies/weird power tripper stalkers/rapists etc. No accident.
Ha. I've never seen any numbers, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Quote:
Condoning cops beating the sh*t out of someone beyond necessary force, to me, is kind of like believing in the death penalty, logic wise, only a bit worse.
Absolutely.

Old 10-14-2005, 01:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That still doesn't qualify them to have their civil rights stripped away.To do so would rob our "justice system" of the little justice it still doles out, and it perturbs me greatly that you think police officers themselves should be the ones to decide what to do with such criminals once they get them in their grasps.
Ah, maybe not. Whatever Now we are getting into philosophy and a slippery slope discussion.

Quote:
No crime invites police brutality or the abuse of their power as professionals who are there to uphold the law, not use the law at their discretion. Once we have goons riding around with pistols, batons, and shotguns who will punish criminals as they see fit, we stop having a police force and instead have a militia on the government payroll.
Quite true. And I submit, in some areas of the country, perhaps the streets are so brutal that it justifies such a system.

Quote:
Not to mention it robs the so-called criminals of due process, thereby wreaking havoc on the very definition of American justice and rendering it useless.
I guess so. I still think certain crimes give cops some grey area to work with. Like eluding them. Like beating up women. Abusing kids. If they catch someone in one of these acts and have witnessed it, I have no problem if they kick a little ass. None whatsoever. I just hope no cameras are around.

Quote:
And it isn't animalistic for police officers to kill them as soon as they're apprehended? Give me a ****ing break, man. That's sick. We'd be wading in even scarier, more fascist waters than we are now.
Technically, yes. If you want to get into a law theory discussion, yes. However, if once a car chase suspect who went on a 200 mile chase, endangering lives all the way, were fatally shot in the head by a citizen or a cop at the end...and they said, "Ooops, sorry, didn't mean to pull the trigger" I would be hard pressed to not throw a party for the gun holder at my home.

Quote:
I'd move out of any state that would let you become a cop!
Not if I saved your ass you wouldn't !
Old 10-14-2005, 01:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I understand your point, Sparks, but violence breeds more violence. And fascism breeds fascism. ie, Police can't just do what they want. If the police could do what they want, then it should conversely be legal for regular people to beat the **** out of each other and do whatever they want. Which it's not. Police are supposed to uphold peace and enforce laws and protect people, not practice random vigilantism. And that isn't "slippery slope", it's just a logical conclusion.

Last edited by amber; 10-14-2005 at 01:29 AM..
Old 10-14-2005, 01:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Ah, maybe not. Whatever Now we are getting into philosophy and a slippery slope discussion.
I can't sleep, so why not?

Quote:
I guess so. I still think certain crimes give cops some grey area to work with. Like eluding them. Like beating up women. Abusing kids. If they catch someone in one of these acts and have witnessed it, I have no problem if they kick a little ass. None whatsoever. I just hope no cameras are around.
To me, that makes them no better than the scum they're supposed to be arresting. It's not their place in inflict punishment on those people, it's the job of the courts and the citizens. I mean, the very definition of "grey area" varies from person to person, so just imagine the results of officers being instructed that they had some "grey area" to work with that afforded them leeway in terms of their treatment of suspects. There's no room for it. Their jobs do not afford them such luxuries.

Quote:
Technically, yes. If you want to get into a law theory discussion, yes. However, if once a car chase suspect who went on a 200 mile chase, endangering lives all the way, were fatally shot in the head by a citizen or a cop at the end...and they said, "Ooops, sorry, didn't mean to pull the trigger" I would be hard pressed to not throw a party for the gun holder at my home.
Whereas I would be calling the police department to voice my utter digust and disdain for the officer(s) at hand.

Quote:
Not if I saved your ass you wouldn't !
I can think of better things you could do to my ass, sweets.

Old 10-14-2005, 01:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
To me, that makes them no better than the scum they're supposed to be arresting. It's not their place in inflict punishment on those people, it's the job of the courts and the citizens. I mean, the very definition of "grey area" varies from person to person, so just imagine the results of officers being instructed that they had some "grey area" to work with that afforded them leeway in terms of their treatment of suspects. There's no room for it. Their jobs do not afford them such luxuries.
Mmm...maybe not. It still makes me feel good when they do it.

Quote:
Whereas I would be calling the police department to voice my utter digust and disdain for the officer(s) at hand.
I'd up my contribution to the retirement fund.

Quote:
I can think of better things you could do to my ass, sweets.
You have no IDEA. You know, I have a pair of handcuffs still in the box, never used. Wanna play criminal for me ?

I promise I won't hurt you.
Old 10-14-2005, 01:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Bravo. I completely agree.