The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-13-2005, 09:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think his best vocals come from the early era - "Without A Leg To Stand On", "Frozen Love", Fleetwood Mac's take on "Crystal", "Monday Morning" and "Second Hand News" being my favorites.

As far as backup vocals I must say I LOVE what he did to Tom Petty's "Walls (Circus)". Terrific.
Old 02-14-2005, 07:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default vocal

Crystal...best friggin vocal ever by Linds. Either version but I prefer BN
Frozen Love
Twisted...I LOVE his voice on this song..her demo blows without him.
You Do or You Don't
Say Goodbye
SHN..Rumours
Angel..totally love his harmony
SGCYM...nothing more to say.
Down on Rodeo..

"She has an exquisite femininity"......Lindsey
Old 02-14-2005, 09:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Alot, but I choose

What makes you think you're the one
Tango in the night

as my favorites
Old 02-14-2005, 02:41 PM
Senior Ledgie

Down Endless Street is a good vocal performance IMO.

Time Bomb Town is one of my favourites. His singing is so paranoid. The whole song is way paranoid! The vocals are not only weird, they're wired!

I like the contrast you get when you listen to two things back to back. Like the performance of "Holiday Road", and "Come". Two completely different songs, requiring two completly different vocal performances
Old 02-14-2005, 10:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly
Frozen Love
Twisted...I LOVE his voice on this song..her demo blows without him.
I totally should have included those on my list!
Old 02-15-2005, 01:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

So many good mentions...

First to pop into my mind: Save Me A Place. Chills every time.

Also high on the list would be Oh Diane and Book Of Love.
Old 02-15-2005, 01:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Harmony: Everything. BC. Lindsey. Live Harmony. I Wept. And I Could say that over and over about Lindsey's harmony vocal skills. It never ends. Great Harmonies/Vocals with anyone or no one. But to be able to KICK IT OUT like that with Stevie???? Priceless.
As For the Rest? Lindsey's vocals, to me, when I like them - It's too hard to pick a favorite, because it is inextricably (?) intertwined with his guitar playing, sense of rhythm, lyrics, and production on the song. It would take me a good amount of time to compile a list of every favorite Lindsey vocal, given the aforementioned factors... I can think of probably at least 10 - 15 within 20-30 seconds.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -

Last edited by amber; 02-15-2005 at 01:48 AM..
Old 02-15-2005, 03:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

After hearing the Boston Live CD I really LOVE the way he and Stevie sing to each other on Say Goodbye...not the studio-the Live version
and
Tango in the night is a gimmie- along with when I see you again.....
Hey, the guy can sing a sweet song and play a mean guitar...

For never have I been a blue calm sea...I have always been a storm, always been a storm... sln
~~eclipse~~
Old 02-15-2005, 10:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristian
As far as backup vocals I must say I LOVE what he did to Tom Petty's "Walls (Circus)". Terrific.
Have you heard his vocals on "The Man Who Loves Women" from TP's "The Last DJ"? I absolutely LOVE that song (but then again... TP only trails behind LB on my fav list by a hair) although LB's vocals are... how should I say it?... a bit shocking to the ears on this one. (I'm not saying they sound bad at all, but to hear his voice so clearly on a TP song is just odd) On "Walls" they were a bit more subtle. Still, it does sound great and I highly recommend "The Last DJ" especially for "TMWLW" and "Joe."

Bring me a girl, they're always the best
You put 'em on stage and you have 'em undress
Some angel-whore who can learn a guitar lick
Hey, now that's what I call music!
- TP, "Joe"
Old 02-15-2005, 12:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Vicky
Have you heard his vocals on "The Man Who Loves Women" from TP's "The Last DJ"? I absolutely LOVE that song (but then again... TP only trails behind LB on my fav list by a hair) although LB's vocals are... how should I say it?... a bit shocking to the ears on this one. (I'm not saying they sound bad at all, but to hear his voice so clearly on a TP song is just odd) On "Walls" they were a bit more subtle. Still, it does sound great and I highly recommend "The Last DJ" especially for "TMWLW" and "Joe."

Bring me a girl, they're always the best
You put 'em on stage and you have 'em undress
Some angel-whore who can learn a guitar lick
Hey, now that's what I call music!
- TP, "Joe"
That album is superb. Tom Petty has more talent and integrity in his pinky than most artists will ever have. He's a class act. I especially love When Money Wasn't King, though I'm glad Lindsey wasn't on that one at all because the irony would have been too much to bear.

Old 02-15-2005, 12:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
I especially love When Money Wasn't King, though I'm glad Lindsey wasn't on that one at all because the irony would have been too much to bear.

I do have to agree with ya there.

Quote:
That album is superb. Tom Petty has more talent and integrity in his pinky than most artists will ever have. He's a class act.
Yes, couldn't agree with you more. While some artists feel the need to constantly change their sound and style - Petty never has (well, almost never - 1987's Let Me Up (I've Had Enough) was quite a departure, and consequently didn't do very well). I guess that just means he got it right the first time.
Old 02-15-2005, 12:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I do have to agree with ya there.
It's true, though. My particular favorite interview from this past tour was when he feigned ignorance over the ticket prices for the Mac shows, trying to say tha the didn't knwo how expensive they were. What ****. Petty is essentially singing about Fleetwood Mac in that bloody song.

Quote:
Yes, couldn't agree with you more. While some artists feel the need to constantly change their sound and style - Petty never has (well, almost never - 1987's Let Me Up (I've Had Enough) was quite a departure, and consequently didn't do very well). I guess that just means he got it right the first time.
To me, it isn't so much that he hasn't changed his sound or style, it's that he can still sound interesting and fresh with the same sound and style. Whereas many other artists sound tired and forced, he never does. And even if I didn't totally adore him, I'd have to pay respect for the simple fact that he had the balls to record that last album of his and for the incredible respect he shows for his fans. It's truly refreshing. I remember back when Hard Promises came out and he got into quite the scuffle with Warners because they wanted to increase the price of the album and he said hell no.

Old 02-15-2005, 12:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It's true, though. My particular favorite interview from this past tour was when he feigned ignorance over the ticket prices for the Mac shows, trying to say tha the didn't knwo how expensive they were. What ****. Petty is essentially singing about Fleetwood Mac in that bloody song.
I shouldn't be laughing though. Since I spent about three months worth of pay on the FM concerts I attended.
The two tickets I bought to see Petty on his Echo tour (Didn't get a chance to catch any of The Last DJ shows) cost me less than ONE FM ticket.

Quote:
To me, it isn't so much that he hasn't changed his sound or style, it's that he can still sound interesting and fresh with the same sound and style. Whereas many other artists sound tired and forced, he never does. And even if I didn't totally adore him, I'd have to pay respect for the simple fact that he had the balls to record that last album of his and for the incredible respect he shows for his fans. It's truly refreshing. I remember back when Hard Promises came out and he got into quite the scuffle with Warners because they wanted to increase the price of the album and he said hell no.
You totally adore Petty?

and the crush gets deeper....
Old 02-15-2005, 12:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I shouldn't be laughing though. Since I spent about three months worth of pay on the FM concerts I attended.
The two tickets I bought to see Petty on his Echo tour (Didn't get a chance to catch any of The Last DJ shows) cost me less than ONE FM ticket.
Ain't that the truth! The last two times I saw him in Boston, I paid way under fifty bucks for tix and was only a few rows back from the stage. I have much more respect for artists like Petty, Blondie, and Sheryl Crow who go out on tour not just for the money, but for the thrill of it and for the fans. The cashing-in factor really repels me like you wouldn't believe. I was heartbroken to see Bowie go on a Clear Channel tour (*weeps*), but he hasn't done a big tour in so long that I'll forgive him. Saw him on the Heathen tour quite a few times for under thirty bucks. And when artists play what they want to play instead of a greatest hits show? Love it.

Quote:
You totally adore Petty?

and the crush gets deeper....
I love Petty. Can't wait for the new album.

Old 02-15-2005, 01:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
And when artists play what they want to play instead of a greatest hits show? Love it.
Amen to that! I usually find (for the great artists, anyway) that although I may be drawn to an album because of the singles, it's usually one of the other tracks that I end up liking best.

Quote:
I love Petty. Can't wait for the new album.
I'll second that. Have every one of his albums to date (the U.S. releases anyway) and have been a fan since I was eight years old.

On a side note, I was heartbroken when all hopes of a Traveling Wilburys reunion were dashed with the death of Harrison. (There had been talk of a reunion prior to.) Somehow I think a Petty/Dylan/Lynne record, although it would be wonderful, wouldn't have the same magic.