User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-02-2004, 09:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn
He is calling for a recount. That's what the article is about.
A day late and a dollar short, my dear friend. This is like Tom Brady dropping a football and then asking for a replay to make sure he *really* dropped it three weeks after the game.

I feel just as bad as you do and take solace in the fact that this will all come out at some time, but John Forbes Kerry is a cowardly scumbag. I think it's been proven time and time again that Teresa is the only one in that relationship with a set of balls; he certainly doesn't have one.

Old 12-02-2004, 10:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
okay, whatever. Thanks for the "fact".
You can be as sarcastic and optimistic as you want to be, but if you actually think that stuff will be uncovered any time soon that would make John Kerry the president and kick Dubya back to his blasted ranch to clear brush, you're in for a rude awakening. The neocons will declare marshal law and gas us all before stepping outside the White House.

Old 12-02-2004, 10:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
You can be as sarcastic and optimistic as you want to be, but if you actually think that stuff will be uncovered any time soon that would make John Kerry the president and kick Dubya back to his blasted ranch to clear brush, you're in for a rude awakening. The neocons will declare marshal law and gas us all before stepping outside the White House.
yep!
Old 12-02-2004, 10:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
People should be outraged over the lack of voting machines in precincts where the majority of the population is African American and/or poor. Making working people wait on line 8-10 hours to vote is abominable and in it's own way fraudulent.

As is the Republican Party leaving flyers on cars in African-American neighborhoods telling them to show up to the polls on November 3rd to vote.

Old 12-02-2004, 10:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
My thing is i really want them to uncover fraud and disgustingness in the Bush Camp. from some of the articles GDW has thoughtfully posted, I'm positive there are some dirty, dirty, dirty things that went on. I want Bush to be outed in a big way for the vile piece of sh** that he and his cronies are.

See - I think it ALL should be exposed. The D's do not have totally clean hands - there are parts of Manhattan where fraud allegedly oocured - at least that was the rumor. So, I say expose it all R, D, I, etc. It is just wrong - period

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 12-02-2004, 10:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind
See - I think it ALL should be exposed. The D's do not have totally clean hands - there are parts of Manhattan where fraud allegedly oocured - at least that was the rumor. So, I say expose it all R, D, I, etc. It is just wrong - period
hmmm...I'd be suprised to find a politician with clean hands...
Old 12-02-2004, 10:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
He is calling for a recount. That's what the article is about.

I meant leading the way, three weeks ago, etc. I think he played it safe and let others bloddy their hands and now that it looks good to do it, he's in

AND - let's talk about Florida Interestingly, I read an article about a review/recount of the votes the Miami Herald did on their own. Did you read that one?

Old 12-02-2004, 10:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I meant leading the way, three weeks ago, etc. I think he played it safe and let others bloddy their hands and now that it looks good to do it, he's in

He only jumped on the bandwagon after everyone else did the dirty work. That's scummy, IMO.

Old 12-02-2004, 10:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:

AND - let's talk about Florida Interestingly, I read an article about a review/recount of the votes the Miami Herald did on their own. Did you read that one?
Are you talking about this?
http://www.independent-media.tv/item...20U.S.%20Media

The Miami Herald did a hand recount of 3 Florida counties. 3 of the 29 counties which have a majority of voters registered as Democrats but voted overwhelmingly for Bush.

Here are the tallies for Union County:

Bush original: 33967 Bush hand count: 3393 (-3)
Kerry original: 1251 Kerry hand count: 1272 (+21)
Net change: Kerry +24

Here are the tallies for Lafayette County:

Bush original: 2460 Bush hand count: 2452 (-8)
Kerry original: 845 Kerry hand count: 848 (+3)
Net change: Kerry +11

It's a bit more complicated for the third county they looked at, Suwannee County, because they only report the totals for a hand count of "almost 60%" of the ballots. Here is the result of their 60% hand count:

Bush 60% hand count: 6140
Kerry 60% hand count: 2984

Which gives us the following tally for Suwannee County:

Bush original: 11153 Extrapolation of Bush 100% hand count: 10549
Kerry original: 4522 Extrapolation of Kerry 100% hand count: 5126
Net change: Kerry +1208

In the original count, 71.2% of the votes cast for Bush or Kerry (n=15675) went to Bush. In the hand count, this drops to 67.3%. That is a significant drop. Let's translate that into numbers. If you take the percentages from the hand count and extrapolate, here's what you get:

Bush = 15675 x .673 = 10549 (loss of 604)
Kerry = 15675 x .327 = 5126 (gain of 604)
Net change: Kerry +1208

A switch of 1208 votes in a county with less than 16K votes cast is obviously huge. Now maybe there's a very large percentage of Bush votes in that remaining 40% that they didn't count, but we can't know that because they didn't count them. Which begs the question...why did they stop counting in Suwannee County when their tabulation of 60% of the ballots deviated so much from the original total? And without actually counting those remaining ballots, how can they possibly report that nothing is amiss when the data they have so far suggests a possible problem?

What I see is a possible gain of 1243 votes for Kerry from three small counties in which only 23627 ballots were cast. That represents about 0.3% of the ballots cast for Bush and Kerry statewide. If Kerry gained votes at the same rate statewide, he picks up nearly 400,000 votes and wins Florida.

Thanks Miami Herald, you just revealed to us in your hand counts that there's a possibility that Kerry won Florida.
Old 12-02-2004, 10:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

That is not the exact article, but YES - and it pisses me off

Again, the odds are W would still win because not all counties would carry the same deviation - but at least COUNT them correctly

Old 12-02-2004, 10:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
That is not the exact article, but YES - and it pisses me off

Again, the odds are W would still win because not all counties would carry the same deviation - but at least COUNT them correctly
Here's what happened. The MH counted 3 counties one of which was only 60% counted to begin with and were there from like 7 am - 3 pm and they were charged 35$ and hour to do their recount.
Old 12-02-2004, 11:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Here's what happened. The MH counted 3 counties one of which was only 60% counted to begin with and were there from like 7 am - 3 pm and they were charged 35$ and hour to do their recount.
Is that $35 or $0.35? Not that it matters because the press is NOTORIOUSLY cheap

Again, you would think Florida would want to know what went wrong to prevent it from happening next time - but no

Old 12-02-2004, 11:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Again, you would think Florida would want to know what went wrong to prevent it from happening next time - but no
If Bush won, why would they?

Old 12-02-2004, 11:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
If Bush won, why would they?
Oh - I know. It just saddens me to no end to realize people really are that bad hearted.

Old 12-02-2004, 11:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Oh - I know. It just saddens me to no end to realize people really are that bad hearted.
In the words of Bowie: "I'm afraid of Americans."