Addicted Ledgie

Cool

STANDBACK

LANDSLIDE

SHN

SARA
Old 05-21-2009, 12:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks for the review Joseph and I'm glad to hear that the Oakland arena was packed. We know there have been some low turn outs before, but with the recent cancellations I was afraid that would make even more people decide not to to go.

Michele
Old 05-21-2009, 12:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somajoseph View Post
She is obviously feeling fine now
I have watched varying videos (other than the above) with varying audio quality. May I ask, as you attended the performance, you did not find Stevie's voice to be strained?

I am concerned for the rest of the dates...
and am wondering if they will have further reststops between shows.
Old 05-21-2009, 12:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Smile

rhiannon

gyspy
Old 05-21-2009, 12:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTFLCHLD View Post
I have watched varying videos (other than the above) with varying audio quality. May I ask, as you attended the performance, you did not find Stevie's voice to be strained?

Yea I think she is STILL recovering from her illness. Her voice does sound a little funky. At least shes feeling better and rockin out. Hopefully her voice will be better soon. Plus, that person was RIGHT UP FRONT so I'm guessing that the sound is raw up there.

~Love, Caitlin~
Old 05-21-2009, 12:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enchanted_Stevi View Post
Plus, that person was RIGHT UP FRONT so I'm guessing that the sound is raw up there.
yeps...that's why I'm interested hearing from attendees.
I know when I'm at a show, most often I'm "WOW THIS SOUNDS FCKIN KILLER!" big difference in being there.

what the heck is she saying at the beginning of GYPSY? something about my band, your band...not your call...or whatever?
Old 05-21-2009, 12:21 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:

I really did not think her voice was strained. Again, I was happily surprised with the efforts of the entire band.
I think if her voice was really in poor shape they would not have put Silver Springs back in as the closing number. It did not seem like she was holding back. They know they have 20 more dates to go and I dont think they would risk it, but who knows?
After the Phoenix date they have 3 days off before they play Los Angeles, and that's more time off than they have been getting between shows, aside from the time they took off after postponing Calgary & Edmonton.
Old 05-21-2009, 12:28 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Thanks for the review Joseph and I'm glad to hear that the Oakland arena was packed. We know there have been some low turn outs before, but with the recent cancellations I was afraid that would make even more people decide not to to go.

Michele
Yes, they truly did draw a very large crowd. I was at my seat 10 minutes before they started and people were still filing in. After the first couple of songs it was really clear they did well attendance wise.
I spotted a few young ladies wearing Lindsey Buckingham T-shirts, that was cool. And of course lots of older T-shirts people were wearing from previous tours.
Old 05-21-2009, 01:49 PM
Junior Ledgie

Joseph is right I think Stevie was in fine form and voice. She was totally into the show and the performance. The arena was packed very close to a sell out. I was on the floor and security allowed people to go all the way to the front of the stage. Everyone sitting in the floor section stood for almost the entire show. From GDW on our entre section went crazy and from ISO on the entire arena was pretty much on their feet. You know a concert went well when you get to the end and you think "but it just started, is it over already???"

I too plan on attending Sacramento when they do the rescheduled show. For those yet to attend any show I hope you all get the same kind of energy and commtment from the band that we got in Oakland last night.

"Chain keep us together."
Old 05-21-2009, 02:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

sfweekly.com

Last Night: Fleetwood Mac at the Oracle Arena
By Janine Kahn

Delving into the convoluted history of Fleetwood Mac is tantamount to stepping in a cow pile for the casual fan (and here I shall raise my hand), so let's sidestep cries of "heresy!" and stick to what went down at the Oracle last night.

When you've got a catalogue of hits like Fleetwood Mac, the quality of the show leans heavily on whether or not the band is in top form. And on this night, for most of the 20-song set, the band was tight and the vocals crisp. Father Time may have stiffened the bones of John McVie and Stevie Nicks (who headed backstage for a break and shawl swap after almost every song), but Mick Fleetwood and Lindsey Buckingham had obviously been eating their spinach - these two gentlemen of Pop had far more fun than anyone in the audience. Which is no easy feat considering the crowd was on its feet for more than half of the show, tears of nostalgia wetting many an eye.

Buckingham danced around the stage like a teen guitarist at his first show, beating his chest and blowing kisses to the crowd in heartfelt thanks - all but leaping into the pit of fans below in enthusiasm. (At one point, he had at least 6 pairs of fan hands playing his guitar.) Nicks, for her part, was her gypsy self, snaking hands in the air and gently swirling beneath the spotlights as best she could -- to be honest, from where we sat, she looked as though she were almost in pain, but when she sang it was smooth and seemed effortless.

The addition of three back-up singers, a guitarist and keyboardist (who also sang harmonies) contributed to the lush sound that is the hallmark of many a Fleetwood Mac recording.

Both Nicks and Buckingham commented on how thrilled they were to be back in the Bay, where their former band Fritz opened for acts like Jimi Hendrix and Janis Joplin. San Francisco is the "velvet underground" mentioned in "Gypsy," added Nicks before launching into the song.

Fan favorites "Go Your Own Way," "Landslide," "Dreams," "Say You Love Me" and "Rhiannon" made appearances, as did "Storms," which Nicks said had never been performed onstage outside the current tour.

Add dueling guitar leads between veteran guitarist Neale Heywood and Buckingham and an over-the-top drum solo from Fleetwood and you've got a show that will be bragged about having been at for quite some time.
Old 05-21-2009, 03:00 PM
Junior Ledgie

Talking Oakland shines with double encore

I really think the Band did a spectacular job since they have been sick. My Friend and I had the nosebleed section but we ended up in section 109 row 25. And we couldn't be happier. being able to take pics I will have to get them ready. Not sure how to post them here yet i am working on it.
The Mac Is definatley back. I thought that mick did a great job on drums and at one point during Sara Stevie gave Lindsey a hug. It was great.
And for the encore they were holding hands together.
And after the show There was only about 5 of us that stayed to see anybody and Jana was walking back in with a bag and I said hello to her and She Said Hello back and Asked How we were. She is so nice.
anyway hope to see more of you tonight we are in section 114

Susan~Darkhairedgypsy

I can't wait I can't wait
Old 05-21-2009, 03:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I didn't know what kind of reviews I would read about Oakland, so it was wonderful to see positive ones. And Silver Springs is back! After SYW I didn't expect it to come back. I thought it was gone for good. I would have understood if it had to remain out and if it's dropped again that's fine. But I can't help but be happy that it hasn't been.

I would imagine that they are just a bit more hyped for the Bay area shows. Did they give you a little speech about their history in the area?

Overmyhead, I'm sorry that it took a little while to get into the show, but glad you did.

The_Chain, I like the way you put it in perspective. It's better than SYW if not as good as tours before that. I think that's an apt description. Nice to know that FM's "not as good" is still pretty darn GREAT.

Thanks for the reviews.

Michele
My thought's exactly!!! I'm SOOOOOOO happy to hear that our Stevie is back on track as well, and looking and sounding better then ever.. THE BOOTS ARE BACK! WOOHOOOOO

There is magic all around you everytime you walk in the room.....
Old 05-21-2009, 04:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Smile

storms
Old 05-21-2009, 04:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Have I been living under a rock? Was Silver Springs axed?

Even If
I Never
Hold You..
Again..
Old 05-21-2009, 04:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Add dueling guitar leads between veteran guitarist Neale Heywood and Buckingham and an over-the-top drum solo from Fleetwood and you've got a show that will be bragged about having been at for quite some time.
I didn't realize Neale and Lindsey traded dueling guitar leads.

Michele