The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-02-2003, 01:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

If Stevie's "lonely", it is her own doing.

If Stevie has a problem being childless, it is her own doing.

I'm sick of the "Stevie's pining for Lindsey" crap...that's just what it is...crap.

Stevie didn't want to be in Fleetwood Mac unless Lindsey was there, so she quit...Lindsey's there now, and she's unhappy? Maybe she needs to get a shrink's phone number from Mr. Buckingham. Psychotherapy has SEEMED to have helped Lindsey, maybe it could work for Stevie.

I'm just SOOOOOOOOO tired of the "drama" & backstories...just give me the damned music...new music...often & frequently; cut this crap of taking a decade to present new music to the fans.
Old 04-02-2003, 02:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Well, in my opinion this entire thing has been blown completely out of proportion.

I don't recall reading *anything* that said Stevie was unhappy with Lindsey, or even unhappy in general... not from her lips, and not from his.

They've both admitted to having had some clashes in the studio, but I really don't see why anyone would be surprised by that. They're both extremely mercurial personalities. They always have been, and they always will be.
That tension is one of the things that makes the pairing of Lindsey & Stevie musically, so totally delectable.
If they both sat around and complimented each other all day, we'd end up with one astoundingly boring album.

It completely amazes me that a few tiny comments in one little article (most likely published a MONTH after the interview was originally conducted), and all of a sudden everyone thinks Stevie is miserable in Fleetwood Mac now, and she's lonely being single, and she's being a bitch, and she's being selfish, and she's being ungrateful, and she should quit the band if she's so unhappy... yadda, yadda, yadda.

And I'm sure Stevie would be thrilled to know that people think she's some miserable old spinster now just because she doesn't have a man... or, more to the point, Lindsey.
Old 04-02-2003, 05:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I didn't mean to imply anything negative about Stevie - I just was curious as to what Janbet meant earlier so tried to think what it could be and came up with her not having a family, whereas the others do.

I definitely agree that the whole 3 guys to 1 gal must be proving a challenge in some ways.

Johnny I don't think anyone's really criticising Stevie per se (well I can't speak for everyone), but we're just reading what we can into these admittedly peculiar comments, becuase that's what we do here as crazed fans! ..Get thrown a snippet of article, and pore over it with a fine-toothed comb!

In the end I guess it can be agreed Stevie has been known to be a bit serious at times - for the things that are really important to her at least (I'm not discounting her great sense of humour). So in many ways I don't think it's something new caused by menopause or whatever but rather it's just that other side of Stevie that we all know well.