The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-22-2008, 05:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It does not just say "officials". It says "Bush administration" and "The U.S. Treasury". Your commitment to being wrong is rather impressive. Maybe somone else can take this up with you now.
Old 09-22-2008, 05:34 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by vermicious knid View Post
It does not just say "officials". It says "Bush administration" and "The U.S. Treasury". Your commitment to being wrong is rather impressive. Maybe somone else can take this up with you now.
Just because it says those words somewhere in the article doesn't mean that provision came from them. It does say "officials" came up with the provision in question. You never know when dyslexia will strike!

Again, read the other articles I posted from the AP, rather than the dinky newspaper you cited. They are both very explicit that the provision I am speaking of came directly from Dodd.

This has gotten too funny.

How many times have I posted this now?!!

"The proposal by Sen. Chris Dodd, D-Conn., the Banking Committee chairman, would give the government broad power to buy up virtually any kind of bad asset — including credit card debt or car loans — from any financial institution in the U.S. or abroad in order to stabilize markets."

Last edited by ajmccarrell; 09-22-2008 at 05:36 PM..
Old 09-22-2008, 06:16 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmccarrell View Post
How many times do I have to say that Dodd's amendment giving authority to the government to buy credit card and auto loans without the taxpayers consent?! I just posted TWO articles that say this provision came from Dodd and not Paulsen. The article you posted doesn't say Paulsen or Dodd, it just says "officials". Last I checked Dodd was an official. Both of the AP stories I posted say Dodd and yours didn't give ANY names at all. Good Lord!

If you actually read (usually your lofty advice) the bill, you will find that you are dead wrong. I don't know how many different people have to tell you in numerous ways that you are wrong, but perhaps you will stop spouting nonsense and read Dodd's proposed bill. Then if you have some issues, at least you can discuss them intelligently.
Old 09-22-2008, 06:27 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashton View Post
If you actually read (usually your lofty advice) the bill, you will find that you are dead wrong. I don't know how many different people have to tell you in numerous ways that you are wrong, but perhaps you will stop spouting nonsense and read Dodd's proposed bill. Then if you have some issues, at least you can discuss them intelligently.
The text of Dodd's proposed changes is not out, but here is a link to the text of the bailout itself as proposed by Paulsen, which is still scary even without Dodd's additions.

http://blog.heritage.org/2008/09/20/...t-legislation/

What exactly am I wrong about? Are you calling the reporters wrong that Dodd never made those recommendations? I mean, you have to do better than simply saying "you're wrong". Wrong about what SPECIFICALLY?
Old 09-22-2008, 06:31 PM
Ledgie

Horse****...try the google or the internets.

http://www.politico.com/static/PPM41_ayo08b28.html

Sorry to report that there no colorful pictures. Find the words credit card or car loan and win a prize!!!! After reading, please provide a complete analysis of the fascist content.
Old 09-22-2008, 06:35 PM
Registered

Quote:
Horse****...try the google or the internets.

http://www.politico.com/static/PPM41_ayo08b28.html

Sorry to report that there no colorful pictures. Find the words credit card or car loan and win a prize!!!! After reading, please provide a complete analysis of the fascist content.
LOL! Where are the amendments?? You don't know how to read a law?! This is a draft with no amendments. Now tell me which page Dodd's amendments are on? They're not on this link. Good job there, bud!
Basically, the AP already reported that Dodd wants to takeover certain credit cards and auto loans. His amendment isn't public record yet. You are wasting time trying to prove that Dodd didn't sponsor something that he clearly sponsors according to any credible news source.

Last edited by ajmccarrell; 09-22-2008 at 06:37 PM..
Old 09-22-2008, 06:42 PM
Ledgie

QUOTE=ajmccarrell;775665]LOL! Where are the amendments?? You don't know how to read a law?! This is a draft with no amendments. Now tell me which page Dodd's amendments are on? They're not on this link. Good job there, bud! [/QUOTE]

Look I don't know if you are really dumb or just really lonely and desperate for attention; however it is a discussion draft of his proposed bill. Either way, you have gotten far more attention from me than you deserve. I will now join the others who just ignore you for the nuisance that you are. You are an utter waste of time and a wonderful reason to employee the ignore user function.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/thecry...sury_plan.html
Old 09-22-2008, 06:55 PM
Registered

Quote:
QUOTE=ajmccarrell;775665]LOL! Where are the amendments?? You don't know how to read a law?! This is a draft with no amendments. Now tell me which page Dodd's amendments are on? They're not on this link. Good job there, bud!
Look I don't know if you are really dumb or just really lonely and desperate for attention; however it is a discussion draft of his proposed bill. Either way, you have gotten far more attention from me than you deserve. I will now join the others who just ignore you for the nuisance that you are. You are an utter waste of time and a wonderful reason to employee the ignore user function.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/thecry...sury_plan.html[/QUOTE]

Great, you couldn't produce the stuff you claimed to be able to so you run away with your tail between your legs. Sounds good to me.